Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femm
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
☀️☀️☀️

Thanked 39,473 Times in 10,186 Posts
Bèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST Reputation
Wink

A great body scrub...

Neutrogena sesame seed oil mixed with regular table salt. I use equal amounts of oil vs salt in the cup of my hand. Love it before I shave my legs. Use it on my feet as well. Leaves skin silky smooth

A kiss is a whisper in your mouth.
Can I borrow a kiss? I promise to give it back.
Bèsame* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bèsame* For This Useful Post:
Old 01-01-2013, 07:57 PM   #22
Ginger

How Do You Identify?:
Femme lesbian

Thanked 12,310 Times in 2,057 Posts
Ginger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uniqueswtfemm View Post
A great body scrub...

Neutrogena sesame seed oil mixed with regular table salt. I use equal amounts of oil vs salt in the cup of my hand. Love it before I shave my legs. Use it on my feet as well. Leaves skin silky smooth

That is brilliant.
Ginger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ginger For This Useful Post:
Old 01-01-2013, 08:53 PM   #23
always2late

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
m'lady

Thanked 6,231 Times in 1,462 Posts
always2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputation

I've been trying to find some decent and affordable cruelty-free cosmetics. Any suggestions?

Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I'll meet you there ~ Rumi
always2late is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to always2late For This Useful Post:
Old 01-01-2013, 09:14 PM   #24
Novelafemme
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 8,925 Times in 1,834 Posts
Novelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uniqueswtfemm View Post
A great body scrub...

And in the winter when we get extra dry, try sugar instead of salt.
Novelafemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Novelafemme For This Useful Post:
Old 01-01-2013, 09:17 PM   #25
Novelafemme
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 8,925 Times in 1,834 Posts
Novelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by always2late View Post
I've been trying to find some decent and affordable cruelty-free cosmetics. Any suggestions?

http://ofracosmetics.com

Awesome company and equally awesome products!
Novelafemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Novelafemme For This Useful Post:
Old 01-01-2013, 10:14 PM   #26
blush

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
I'm with goofy.

Thanked 2,376 Times in 616 Posts
blush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleu View Post
Brilliant!

That is thinking!
Or spending too much time on Pinterest...they do the thinking for me.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to blush For This Useful Post:
Old 01-01-2013, 11:28 PM   #27
Bleu

How Do You Identify?:
Bleu

Thanked 2,700 Times in 733 Posts
Bleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novelafemme View Post
And in the winter when we get extra dry, try sugar instead of salt.
Seriously? Sugar in winter instead of salt? BRILLIANT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blush View Post
Or spending too much time on Pinterest...they do the thinking for me.
Honey, you brought the info here, so in my mind it is YOURS...forever! xoxo

I officially this thread!

J'adore femme sisterhood!
Bleu is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bleu For This Useful Post:
Old 01-02-2013, 09:17 AM   #28
PinkieLee

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
I need ya boo, gotta see ya boo

Thanked 13,089 Times in 3,051 Posts
PinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST Reputation

Hands down.... my favorite face wash! And you can't beat it for around $6 a bottle.

I have nonexistant eyelashes, and my favorite mascara find is about $5 a tube, too.

PinkieLee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to PinkieLee For This Useful Post:
Old 01-02-2013, 09:30 AM   #29
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
cleverly disguised as a responsible adult*
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

Location: in my heart I'm going to Carolina...but I'm in MA for now
Thanked 27,369 Times in 6,857 Posts
cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

I worked for a wonderful Italian lady while I was in SC...she had lovely skin and was in her 70s. She swore by Nivea in the blue jar. I have been using it ever since and I love it. I think I paid 4 something for the large jar at Walmart and its lasted me a long time. And I use it most every night.

I also use a daytime moisturizer (when I remember) with an SPF 15 at least. I get the store brand that is similar to Oil of Olay..same ingredients...much better price...
cinnamongrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to cinnamongrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 01-02-2013, 09:52 AM   #30
lusciouskiwi

How Do You Identify?:
femme lesbian feminist
Preferred Pronoun?:
Anything except for "aunty"
Relationship Status:
Happy with my butch.

Thanked 9,096 Times in 1,899 Posts
lusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputationlusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputationlusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputationlusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputationlusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputationlusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputationlusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputationlusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputationlusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputationlusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputationlusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputation

Can't give anyone any feedback on good drugstore purchases, but Paula Begoun has some good info:

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2...-drugstore-spf

http://www.paulaschoice.com/beautype...best-products/

Risk! Risk anything! Care no more for the opinions of others, for those voices. Do the hardest thing on earth for you. Act for yourself. Face the truth. Katherine Mansfield

Motivate yourself or be miserable. Whatever has to be done, it's always your choice. Wayne Dyer
lusciouskiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lusciouskiwi For This Useful Post:
Old 01-02-2013, 10:09 AM   #31
Sparkle

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, please
Relationship Status:
Loved Up

Thanked 6,624 Times in 1,561 Posts
Sparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST Reputation

I don't buy much in the way of cosmetics or hair products in the drug stores because I find their mark up ridiculous, as ridiculous as the mark up in department stores.

I do most of my shopping for high quality beauty and hair products on ebay and usually save 50-70% buying them there... my Pureology shampoo and conditioner will cost me $90 for two 33oz bottles which will last for at least 10months (that amounts to less than $10/mo on shampoo and conditioner).

Buying on ebay isn't convenient for a quick, easy fix - it requires patience and searching out the best deals but I've found it saves me a ton of money while still allowing me the indulgence of high-end products.

Similarly the Redken volumizing hair products I would pay $15-20 for in the salon or the drugstore, I can get for $10 or less on ebay...
YSL Touche Eclat, the best highlighter pen on the market costs over $40 in the department store, but I can find for $12-16 on ebay...
Urban Decay palettes that run $50+ I can find for $25, on average....
Benefit lipsticks cost $22 per tube, I can find them on ebay for $10 or less...

And if I do enough deal searching, I can buy most of these products with no shipping charges.

One drugstore item I LOVE is: Witch hazel, an all-natural astringent/toner. A bottle of Clinique's toner/clarifying lotion costs $35 or more, and contains mostly witch hazel. Thayers all natural remedies witch hazel costs $8 and IMO works better, and it can be found in most drug stores, grocery stores or places like walmart/target.

Oooh and Loreal does a wonderful line of eyeshadows called "HIP" High Intensity Pigments. I prefer the loose eyeshadow called "HIP Shocking Shadow Pigments" that comes in a small pot. This is "going out/dressing up" eyeshadow it has an intense bold concentration of colour. I love the two shades I have. I've found it on ebay and amazon for about $5, I think that is about half of what I've paid in a drug store. *great product and lasts forever!!!
Old 01-02-2013, 10:34 AM   #32
VintageFemme

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 7,640 Times in 1,657 Posts
VintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinnamongrrl563 View Post
I worked for a wonderful Italian lady while I was in SC...she had lovely skin and was in her 70s. She swore by Nivea in the blue jar. I have been using it ever since and I love it. I think I paid 4 something for the large jar at Walmart and its lasted me a long time. And I use it most every night.

I also use a daytime moisturizer (when I remember) with an SPF 15 at least. I get the store brand that is similar to Oil of Olay..same ingredients...much better price...
I love Nivea for all over everything! In the blue jar of course =) They have a tiny little blue tin too that's perfect for your handbag, it's like .99 or something and lasts forever also.
Old 01-02-2013, 11:24 AM   #33
Talon

How Do You Identify?:
Divine Feminine
Preferred Pronoun?:

Thanked 10,229 Times in 3,305 Posts
Talon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST Reputation
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss_Tia View Post
I swear by my sally henson (sp?) diamond nail polish. I love all the colors but esp love their pink colors.

I dont spend alot of money on myself. I have so many projects I pour what resources I have, into. chrissy has never complained, lol, about how I look. So I rely on good bargains that produce quality outcomes. I personally love Avon products for the skin and for makeup. I think their jewelry usually is overpriced and mass supplied so I dont buy any of that unless its significant to me. (like, anything with horses)

I use to spend a whole lotta money on lancome products. LOVE them but when I read in Consumer Reports that one of Avon's $6 face creams beat out Lancome's $50 one, I switched.
>Love the "anything w/horses" comment btw. I definitely believe that with face creams, as well...I love the Olay Regenerist line for that reason.
Talon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Talon For This Useful Post:
Old 01-02-2013, 11:28 AM   #34
Talon

How Do You Identify?:
Divine Feminine
Preferred Pronoun?:

Talon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST Reputation
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by VintageFemme View Post
I like a lot of Loreal as well as Revlon's products and since Loreal owns Lancome, I feel pretty good about their quality. I do subscribe to the school of thought though that with regards to make up & hair products, that you do indeed get what you pay for. Esp w/ hair products. Redken is my favourite brand for hair. I've yet to find anything comparable.

Maybelline's old fashioned $3.50 duo pack of eyebrow pencils are still my favourites though.

Good idea for a thread! Thanks.
I love Redken, too. I love their All Soft line, and the anti-snap leave-in, as well as the CAT restructurizer. I think that it's about doing your research on products...like most eye/eyebrow pencils are made in Germany..so why pay more? It's just being an intelligent consumer.
Old 01-02-2013, 11:31 AM   #35
Soft*Silver
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 15,565 Times in 3,960 Posts
Soft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST Reputation

I totally forgot I use Oil of Olay Regenerist as well. I dont use one kind all the time. I am a firm believer that my skin, hair and teeth all get use to one brand and then it needs a change.

I have a local lady who makes and sells natural soaps and lotions and scrubs and bath balls. Her sugar scrubs are to die for! Now, they are seriously natural so there is nothing added that keeps it from clumping so you have to work some in the palm of your hand to make the magic, but the result is incredible on my face! I get dried out so easily so I never ever ever use soap on my face. NEVER. I use plain water. I cant even use make up remover! But her sugar scrub does it for me! It leaves me feeling clean and does not dry me out at all. She has me sold.

I also use her soaps. I have tried other natural soaps and they either dont lather well, or they dissolve too quickly or they dry out my skin or they lose their smell. Her one bar of nag champa lasted me 4 months! And it never lost its smell nor did it dry me out. And I loved the low lather...just enough to make it fun in the shower! LOL.

Imma lucky gal....
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Soft*Silver For This Useful Post:
Old 01-02-2013, 11:39 AM   #36
Talon

How Do You Identify?:
Divine Feminine
Preferred Pronoun?:

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by genghisfawn View Post
I have a huge heart-on for the Burt's Bees tinted lip glosses. If you get the Fig shade, no matter what your skin tone or ancestry, it looks good on anyone... seriously, anyone.

>>>*making a note to try the Fig shade*

I've been finding Revlon glass nail files at Dollarama lately (Dollarama is very, very good to me.)

>>I wonder if they would carry those at my local Dollar Tree?

The DreamLumi Touché Highlighting concealer (with the little brush tip) by Maybelline beats the heck out of anything professional. I've bought Benefit, Estée Lauder and Clinique to try doing something about my terrible skin tone, and this stuff maims it all.

>>Yes, those DreamLumi products are excellent. I love the BB cream! It's so lightweight yet leaves your complexion nice, smooth, and even.

(Is it just me, or does Maybelline eye makeup in general beat the pants off everything else? Best Lash mascara goes on sale for like $3.99 at Shoppers and London Drugs all the time and it wipes the floor with the 3x the price competition.)

>>They have up'ed their game on their eye products..I have noticed that too.
I also LOVE Covergirl LashBlast mascara...it's the best I've tried, even in comparison with the dept. store brands. And they even have a 24hour version that does not flake or give you racoon-eyes at the end of the day.

The Garnier caffeinated undereye concealer is awesome, too. Not impressed that you can only find it in light shades (especially since I go super-tan in the summer) but it helps me look less like I've been hit in the face with a truck and more like I've just had a little less sleep than usual. My undereye circles are hereditary, but this stuff is almost like you've got a wand and you've cast a glamour.

>>Must try this! I've read that eye creams enriched with caffeine are really great for puffiness around the eyes.

Aveeno lotion forever!
>>Have you tried the Aveeno face lotion w/ feverfew?
Old 01-02-2013, 11:43 AM   #37
Talon

How Do You Identify?:
Divine Feminine
Preferred Pronoun?:

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by VintageFemme View Post
Oh! I forgot =) Rimmel's Lash Accelerator has some kind of lash growth serum in it & it really works! I read about it and Loreal's Visible Lift foundation somewhere [I can't remember now] and how both products actually do what they say they do. And they do! Loreal's VL has retinol in it and that's what is proven to lessen fine lines and improve skin texture. Since I've been using it, I've seen a difference. I LOVE both of these products!

>>That's interesting...I've tried the Loreal lash serum..and although it conditioned my lashes, I didn't really notice any increased fullness or length.
I do like the idea of the serum being in the mascara...2for1. The same with Visible Lift...I love products that multi-task, don't you?
Old 01-02-2013, 11:45 AM   #38
Talon

How Do You Identify?:
Divine Feminine
Preferred Pronoun?:

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMerryFairy View Post
Burts bees anything! I always feel fresh and energized.
>>Yes. And how it's a natural product...a lot less chemicals involved.
Old 01-02-2013, 11:49 AM   #39
Talon

How Do You Identify?:
Divine Feminine
Preferred Pronoun?:

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sachita View Post
I have spent 1000's on expensive products throughout the years. I'm still pretty picky when it comes to perfume (Bob Mackie or Bulgari) and make-up, however I picked up a tub of Noxzema while on a beach trip. I've been using it to wash my face ever since. My skin feels amazing and never dried out.

>>I like your choices of perfume, Sachita.
Noxema is a staple for me. Great for removing make-up...and nothing works better for soothing a sunburn. It just leaves your skin feeling soft, clean, cool, and refreshed.
Old 01-02-2013, 11:56 AM   #40
Talon

How Do You Identify?:
Divine Feminine
Preferred Pronoun?:

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by guihong View Post
I've used Maybelline mascara (in the pink wand) for...way too many years .

>>Oh yes, it's a fav among make-up artists.

I can't often splurge on Lush products, but I've found good bath bombs for much less at the drugstore. Makes me feel all pampered just the same.
>>I'm a sucker for Lush products. They used to make a perfume oil that I wore religously for several years called "Karma". Sadly, they discontinued it and I wasn't aware that they had, so I used it all up and couldn't take it in to have it recreated. So, hopefully they'll bring it back at some point.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Talon For This Useful Post: