Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > RELATIONSHIPS, COMMUNITY, GROUPS > Poly Relationships

Old 05-02-2012, 02:50 PM   #1
aishah

How Do You Identify?:
queer stone femme shark baby girl
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her, little one
Relationship Status:
dating myself.

1 Highscore

Thanked 6,435 Times in 1,288 Posts
aishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputation
Default Poly-friendly mingling/flirting thread

i felt a bit awkward posting in the singles forums as i'm not single, but i am available/open to possibilities. so i thought it might be fun to have a thread for folks who are poly and available, or who are interested in dating poly people (you don't have to be polyamorous yourself) to come and chat, flirt, get to know each other, etc.

aishah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 03:05 PM   #2
TenderKnight

How Do You Identify?:
Kinky Poly Transman
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

TenderKnight Has the BEST ReputationTenderKnight Has the BEST ReputationTenderKnight Has the BEST ReputationTenderKnight Has the BEST ReputationTenderKnight Has the BEST ReputationTenderKnight Has the BEST ReputationTenderKnight Has the BEST ReputationTenderKnight Has the BEST ReputationTenderKnight Has the BEST ReputationTenderKnight Has the BEST ReputationTenderKnight Has the BEST Reputation

Cool thread I am poly myself, but am currently "single".. Though I do have a close and deal friend/playmate that has been in my life for over 3 years and will continue to be part of my life.

I do have a comment regarding the "don't have to be poly yourself".. I have found that dating folks that are not poly usually leads to hurt feelings on all sides.. Mainly because the "non-poly" may try to be "ok" with it but in reality may think that if he or she works hard enough, eventually the poly person with choose to be monogamous.. This is just my thought and experience..

Saying that I think that this is a great thread and I look forward to seeing where it goes

-Tony
Old 05-02-2012, 04:19 PM   #3
aishah

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her, little one
Relationship Status:
dating myself.

1 Highscore

aishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputation

yay! i'm glad you're here, tony.

i've dated a few monogamous people - one of my current partners feels very strongly about being monogamous because that's just who he is, but he's very accepting of the fact that i'm poly. and i've mostly had good experiences. i tend to be pretty open to dating anyone as long as they're accepting of the fact that i'm poly...i don't care if they choose to be or not. but i agree that for some people it can definitely be an issue. thankfully i've been lucky in that regard
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to aishah For This Useful Post:
Old 05-02-2012, 04:56 PM   #4
pajama

How Do You Identify?:
Klingon
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Thanked 7,480 Times in 1,809 Posts
pajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputation

Hi y'all.

I'm poly simply because I know I can't be monogamous. Regretably a lesson I had to learn while hurting some very dear, wonderful, people.

Right now I'm single, in a holding pattern. I'm up for flirting at ALL times.
pajama is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to pajama For This Useful Post:
Old 05-02-2012, 09:05 PM   #5
aishah

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her, little one
Relationship Status:
dating myself.

1 Highscore

flirting is fun! it's odd...i haven't really ever flirted or dated that much, so i'm kind of a newbie. most of my relationships have been with people i was friends with for a long time before. there are definitely perks to that, but i think it would be fun to date and flirt more
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to aishah For This Useful Post:
Old 05-02-2012, 09:33 PM   #6
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Thanked 11,384 Times in 2,840 Posts
Apocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST Reputation

For a number of reasons, I think being polyamorous makes sense. So many horrible things happen in our lives under the excuse of jealousy and its accepted.

I do love to flirt!
Old 05-02-2012, 09:40 PM   #7
WingsOnFire

How Do You Identify?:
Queer..femme.. .babygirl...girl
Preferred Pronoun?:
Female Ones...
Relationship Status:
Enjoying life but ready to meet someone

Thanked 12,476 Times in 3,357 Posts
WingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I am polyamerous.. and not single.. and not really looking.. lol.... but I thought this was a cool thread and just wanted to say hi! Its nice to get to know like minded people..

Aishah.. you actually inspire me with your posts..

Previously known as MidnightBlueEyes
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
http://gailsforum.files.wordpress.co...-psd340941.png
WingsOnFire is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to WingsOnFire For This Useful Post:
Old 05-02-2012, 11:18 PM   #8
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
makes no diffrence,I know who I am.
Relationship Status:
single,maybe looking if the right person comes along.

Thanked 14,937 Times in 3,936 Posts
Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

Cool thread and fantastic subject,today while I was playing pool this subject came up in the group I was shooting pool with.I do admit I dont know many polly couples but on one hand it seems doable if all parties are on the same page cause I dont see how it would work otherwise.I will be reading and learning.
Rockinonahigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post:
Old 05-02-2012, 11:31 PM   #9
Soft*Silver
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 15,565 Times in 3,960 Posts
Soft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST Reputation

I was always adamantly opposed to being poly for myself, but so much has changed with me this past year. I know I could be. I dont know if now is a good time to be, since i am so busy with the store opening (delayed now until June) but I wouldnt be opposed to it if chrissy was open to it as well
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Soft*Silver For This Useful Post:
Old 05-03-2012, 05:46 AM   #10
pajama

How Do You Identify?:
Klingon
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

pajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputation

Aishah, you have two professional flirters on here * to Apoc* We will teach you the fine art that is the coquet. And if you make it to Reunion...which you should...you will see it in action.

What some people don't understand is that flirting isn't just BS or blowing smoke. When I tell a woman she's beautiful, it's because I truly mean it. Or that her smile warms my heart...it's not just cliche, it really does turn my heart. On the flip side, in the flirt, if someone isn't attractive to me, I still try to find a feature in them that I admire and focus on it to flirt with. Because I would venture that a little flirting makes most of us smile.

So lesson 1- Be honest when you are flirting/complimenting.

Have a great day.
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to pajama For This Useful Post:
Old 05-03-2012, 08:39 AM   #11
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Apocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST Reputation

Laughing!

Yeah, when I saw we had a flirting newbie I thought how perfect we have 2 of the biggest flirts I know here ready to help. 'Cause we are generous like that. *high five to Paj*.

Come to the reunion!!!!
Old 05-03-2012, 11:01 AM   #12
Linus
The Planet's Technical Bubba

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Thanked 10,743 Times in 3,176 Posts
Linus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST Reputation

Heh.. K and I have always been open to having another, ideally a couple but I think our biggest challenge right now is exhaustion from work. I'd love to flirt but I'd be afraid of falling asleep..

"We become Human Doings instead of Human Beings." -- Ram Dass
Linus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Linus For This Useful Post:
Old 05-03-2012, 11:35 AM   #13
aishah

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her, little one
Relationship Status:
dating myself.

1 Highscore

hehehehehe, thanks apocalipstic and pajara!

i compliment people a lot (honestly) but i never thought of it as flirting before. my eyes have been opened!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to aishah For This Useful Post:
Old 05-03-2012, 12:49 PM   #14
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

I think compliments can be very flirty, as can a look of pure admiration! A sideways glance....a touch on the arm when talking. An unexpected whistle....

Thank you June! We work our little fingers to be bone to express admiration for the beauty and hotness around us.

And I totally get what you are saying. It would be nice to have someone around to do the things we don't want to or are not good at. Each person can play to their strengths.

Like I don't ever want to be in a position where I am cheated on or yelled at or told what to do ever again.

If I am not putting out enough? No prob, see your other GF.
I want to spend Christmas at the beach? again, no prob take your other GF to your parents for family time.
You don't like how I fold towels??
How I squeeze my toothpaste?
What I watch on TV?
What way the toilet paper goes on? and other BS you can think of...not a problem, because you have other relationships in your life who might enjoy your toothpate tube issues...live with them.
Want to dish out passive aggressive whining?....thats right, call someone else.

See Me when you want to spend special time with and serve Me. Heh.

Last edited by Apocalipstic; 05-03-2012 at 01:08 PM.
Apocalipstic is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Apocalipstic For This Useful Post:
Old 05-03-2012, 01:13 PM   #15
PoeticWitch

How Do You Identify?:
Queer... that is all you get
Preferred Pronoun?:
um... she.. I think... *shrug* call me anything that pleases ya
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 1,131 Times in 377 Posts
PoeticWitch Has the BEST ReputationPoeticWitch Has the BEST ReputationPoeticWitch Has the BEST ReputationPoeticWitch Has the BEST ReputationPoeticWitch Has the BEST ReputationPoeticWitch Has the BEST ReputationPoeticWitch Has the BEST ReputationPoeticWitch Has the BEST ReputationPoeticWitch Has the BEST ReputationPoeticWitch Has the BEST ReputationPoeticWitch Has the BEST Reputation

*mingle mingle* Jellos I am poly and currently involved, not looking to add but always up for flirting and fun! I think this was the best idea of the century!
Old 05-03-2012, 04:03 PM   #16
pajama

How Do You Identify?:
Klingon
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Apoc.... I ADORE you! Your post had me chuckling. I love the way you write.

And June.. *wiping tear* I am touched that you notice. Thank you. Thank you so much.

Oh and flirting can also be totally over the top. That's when I'm really shy about it. If I'm laying it on really hot and heavy....it's usually 'cause I really like you and am too shy to say it. That's right... I can be shy around certain types of people. Mostly the guys. (I was going to insert a blushing emoticon here....but apparently we don't have one. Unless your a POC.)

A
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to pajama For This Useful Post:
Old 05-03-2012, 04:19 PM   #17
Linus
The Planet's Technical Bubba

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Thanked 10,743 Times in 3,176 Posts
Linus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by pajara View Post
Apoc.... I ADORE you! Your post had me chuckling. I love the way you write.

And June.. *wiping tear* I am touched that you notice. Thank you. Thank you so much.

Oh and flirting can also be totally over the top. That's when I'm really shy about it. If I'm laying it on really hot and heavy....it's usually 'cause I really like you and am too shy to say it. That's right... I can be shy around certain types of people. Mostly the guys. (I was going to insert a blushing emoticon here....but apparently we don't have one. Unless your a POC.)

A

We do now. I kept forgetting to add it.

"We become Human Doings instead of Human Beings." -- Ram Dass
Linus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Linus For This Useful Post:
Old 05-03-2012, 04:28 PM   #18
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Ahhh Pajara, you hot fucker! Thank you!!!!!

I'm either shy, or not. It can depend on how much alcohol I have consumed, and with trying to drinless less or not at all usually, my flirting has lessened. Give me a couple of drinks and I am a flirt machine!

What say we all get in a big pile and make out????
Old 05-03-2012, 04:59 PM   #19
pajama

How Do You Identify?:
Klingon
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apocalipstic View Post
Ahhh Pajara, you hot fucker! Thank you!!!!!

I'm either shy, or not. It can depend on how much alcohol I have consumed, and with trying to drinless less or not at all usually, my flirting has lessened. Give me a couple of drinks and I am a flirt machine!

What say we all get in a big pile and make out????
Oh and such a scrumptious little carrot you are. mmmm
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pajama For This Useful Post:
Old 05-03-2012, 07:34 PM   #20
aishah

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her, little one
Relationship Status:
dating myself.

1 Highscore

that awkward moment when you realize your alcohol tolerance isn't what it used to be...i went to theology on tap tonight and drank a couple long islands and usually that makes me pleasantly tipsy and right now i'm on my way to druuuuuunk. oops.

i've heard fantastic tales of queer making out parties. but i've never actually been to one

i love that yellow smilies aren't necessarily race-specific, but i also love that we have poc smilies here
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to aishah For This Useful Post:

Tags
chatting, dating, flirting, mingling, polyamory