suebee

How Do You Identify?:
TOWANDA!
Preferred Pronoun?:
Queen Bee
Relationship Status:
Good 'n married.

1 Highscore

Location: Eastern Canada. But if I make a wrong turn at the lights I get stopped by a border guard.
Thanked 2,759 Times in 820 Posts
suebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputation
Thumbs up Meridith Baxter Annouces She's Gay

Meridith Baxter, who played Elyse Keaton on "Family Ties", annouced she's gay <<<<linkie-loo!

I soooooo crushed on this woman when I was young!

Who did you crush on? How did that affect you? Did it comfort you or were you disturbed by it?

I came out at age 32. Meridith came out much later according to this article. When did you come out and how did that affect you?

Kudos to Meridith Baxter for coming out publically! We need more public examples of this kind of courage - both in our local communities and our larger communities. They act not only to show our straight friends and families that we're out there, but they give comfort and courage to those of us who still feel we have to hide who we are!
Old 12-02-2009, 10:24 AM   #2
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Thanked 11,383 Times in 2,840 Posts
Apocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST Reputation

How very cool!

I loved her in Bridgett Loves Bernie and Family and yes, I crushed.

I also crushed on Wonder Woman. I really was not disturbed until later when I realized I might be gay when I was 20 and attending a Southern Baptist college and worse yet was (that I knew of) the only girly Lesbian on the planet.

Thanks for posting!
Old 12-02-2009, 10:38 AM   #3
Dean Thoreau

How Do You Identify?:
Ftm - Male- exfemale
Preferred Pronoun?:
He’s Him
Relationship Status:
Has a gf

Dean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST Reputation

Oh that is so cool............... The guy that played her husband...isnt he gay as well? Now if only Mallory would come out as a femme!

Oh sorry,,,, I was massively crushed on Kate Hepburn...... a true blue woman....the kind of woman that would never pump her own gas, not because hse couldn't or chose not to,,but because there are just some people who will pull up to a self serve gas station and the world stops,,and everyperso there would reach over to pump the gas for her...she is one such woman.....other one like that is my mom. An amazing grace, and presence...

Old 12-02-2009, 11:18 AM   #4
Cyclopea

How Do You Identify?:
Butch Lesbian

Thanked 1,617 Times in 633 Posts
Cyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybersuebee View Post

Kudos to Meridith Baxter for coming out publically! We need more public examples of this kind of courage -
Wellll.........a month ago the National Enquirer published that she was present on a lesbian cruise "and looked comfortable being there", then she was definitively outed yesterday by Perez Hilton who posted photos of her and her girlfriend.

She decided to make a public statement after.... not sure she really had a choice.
Here is a link to pics of her and her GF:
http://perezhilton.com/2009-12-01-me...ith-girlfriend
Cyclopea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 11:19 AM   #5
Turino

How Do You Identify?:
Guy
Relationship Status:
available

Turino Has the BEST ReputationTurino Has the BEST ReputationTurino Has the BEST ReputationTurino Has the BEST ReputationTurino Has the BEST ReputationTurino Has the BEST ReputationTurino Has the BEST ReputationTurino Has the BEST ReputationTurino Has the BEST ReputationTurino Has the BEST ReputationTurino Has the BEST Reputation

I wanted her BADDDDD..

Used to get so excited when Brigit loves Bernie came on.
When she married David Birney I was so disappointed.

Who is going to chase her first?
Old 12-02-2009, 11:25 AM   #6
Rufusboi

How Do You Identify?:
Trans
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Partnered

Rufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST Reputation

Meredith is looking great. Good for her. I hope she is happy.

Rufus
Rufusboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 12:11 PM   #7
SuperFemme
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Permanently Banned 10/24/2010
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Married (one of 18,000)

4 Highscores

Thanked 7,109 Times in 2,327 Posts
SuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Reading the comments on the Perez Hilton link made my head and heart hurt.
SuperFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 02:39 PM   #8
suebee

How Do You Identify?:
TOWANDA!
Preferred Pronoun?:
Queen Bee
Relationship Status:
Good 'n married.

1 Highscore

Location: Eastern Canada. But if I make a wrong turn at the lights I get stopped by a border guard.
suebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputationsuebee Has the BEST Reputation

Bumping Meridith.

I've wanted to do that for soooooo long!
Old 12-02-2009, 02:50 PM   #9
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Thanked 11,383 Times in 2,840 Posts
Apocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFemme View Post
Reading the comments on the Perez Hilton link made my head and heart hurt.
I try not to read that stuff
people are idiots

Hugs to you!
Old 12-02-2009, 03:08 PM   #10
Diva
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Diva
Preferred Pronoun?:
Diva

Thanked 17,180 Times in 5,238 Posts
Diva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

She was interviewed this morning on Today ~ Matt Lauer interviewed her. He was so loving, she was so nervous...and cute. It was huge for her, that was obvious. My feeling about it....she's going to be surrounded by support.....

Didn't Dr. Seuss say it best....."...those who mind, don't matter....and those who matter don't mind." Yeah.

Good for You, Meredith Baxter.
Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Diva For This Useful Post:
Old 12-02-2009, 03:19 PM   #11
FR

How Do You Identify?:
butch
Relationship Status:
dead

FR Has the BEST ReputationFR Has the BEST ReputationFR Has the BEST ReputationFR Has the BEST ReputationFR Has the BEST ReputationFR Has the BEST ReputationFR Has the BEST ReputationFR Has the BEST ReputationFR Has the BEST ReputationFR Has the BEST ReputationFR Has the BEST Reputation

--i had a thing for meredith baxter-- also meredith macrae(billie jo on petticoat junction)- something coincidental?

-----------------bridget loves bernice-------------
FR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 05:26 PM   #12
Jess
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
decidedly indifferent
Preferred Pronoun?:
other

Thanked 5,703 Times in 1,684 Posts
Jess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST Reputation

wonder if she ever runs into Buddy ( Kristy McNichol) out and about? now that would be a great FAMILY reunion!
Jess is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jess For This Useful Post:
Old 12-02-2009, 06:09 PM   #13
Turino

How Do You Identify?:
Guy
Relationship Status:
available

Turino Has the BEST ReputationTurino Has the BEST ReputationTurino Has the BEST ReputationTurino Has the BEST ReputationTurino Has the BEST ReputationTurino Has the BEST ReputationTurino Has the BEST ReputationTurino Has the BEST ReputationTurino Has the BEST ReputationTurino Has the BEST ReputationTurino Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by FR View Post
--i had a thing for meredith baxter-- also meredith macrae(billie jo on petticoat junction)- something coincidental?

-----------------bridget loves bernice-------------
I wanted both of them, too!!!

so the gf is a building contractor.

here is the interview link with matt lauer. I love her more.

oh yeah, I forgot to mention that I was her first 7 years ago... lol

hmmm she has a 42 year old daughter..

you know, I do have a fashion question....why do dykes on tv need to wear pantsuits? Meredith? Hillary?
Old 12-02-2009, 08:42 PM   #14
Turino

How Do You Identify?:
Guy
Relationship Status:
available

Take a good look at that video with Matt Lauer...She is one of the few female stars to not have plastic surgery. She looks gorgeous.
Old 12-02-2009, 08:59 PM   #15
Sam
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Permanently Banned 2/11/2011
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
I'll let you know

Sam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST Reputation

finally huh?
Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 11:25 AM   #16
suebee

How Do You Identify?:
TOWANDA!
Preferred Pronoun?:
Queen Bee
Relationship Status:
Good 'n married.

1 Highscore

Meredith Baxter's interview with Matt Lauer. [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRfu_rotO_c"]YouTube- Meredith Baxter reveals SHE'S GAY[/ame].
Old 12-03-2009, 02:18 PM   #17
Eddie

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Don't matter
Relationship Status:
Meh

Location: Why is it hot in here and what am I doing in this hand basket
Eddie Has the BEST ReputationEddie Has the BEST ReputationEddie Has the BEST ReputationEddie Has the BEST ReputationEddie Has the BEST ReputationEddie Has the BEST ReputationEddie Has the BEST ReputationEddie Has the BEST ReputationEddie Has the BEST ReputationEddie Has the BEST ReputationEddie Has the BEST Reputation

Honestly, I'm not suprised.
Eddie is offline   Reply With Quote