Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Thanked 8,994 Times in 2,249 Posts
Sachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default Nemo- Historical NE Storm

I'm sure you've all heard about the storm Nemo. I wanted to send my prayers and see who is in the effected area and what you're doing to plan and be safe. Also a check in to let us know you're ok.

Any storm info or tips, please post.
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Sachita For This Useful Post:
Old 02-07-2013, 04:38 PM   #2
TheMerryFairy

How Do You Identify?:
Pansexual/Sapiosexual femmey dyke who likes to crossdress now and then
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her OR ze if I'm crossdressing
Relationship Status:
Floating and walking My path, happy in life.

Thanked 8,694 Times in 2,987 Posts
TheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST Reputation

I am on the path of this storm in one form or another. We are expected to have hurricane strength winds and 2-4 ft of snow between friday night and saturday evening.

During the storm there is a great risk of power outages and possibly low water pressure.

Some are reporting that the temperatures aterwards could possibly cause issues with freezing pipes and lines but I haven't heard anything like that personally.

I hope you all stay safe and warm!
TheMerryFairy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to TheMerryFairy For This Useful Post:
Old 02-07-2013, 04:43 PM   #3
Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Thanked 8,994 Times in 2,249 Posts
Sachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I lived in the Adirondacks during a few storms. Nothing like this. It's all pretty scary if you ask me. Thank you for checking in. Do you have provisions and prepared for power outage?
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Sachita For This Useful Post:
Old 02-07-2013, 05:31 PM   #4
Sparkle

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, please
Relationship Status:
Loved Up

Thanked 6,624 Times in 1,561 Posts
Sparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST Reputation

I'm in Western Mass, we're in the 'winter storm warning' zone, we're expecting 18-24" of snow between Friday and Saturday, but may be spared the 50+mph winds that come with a blizzard (and hopefully spared any power outages).

2 feet of snow is quite a lot, but it is pretty standard fare for a good Nor'Easter, and we expect a couple of those a year.

Preparing for possible power outages is the only out-of-the-norm thing I've done this week:

I bought more non-perishable foods than I normally would, lest I can't cook (I have a gas stove but it has an electric ignition switch). I also have an extra supply of batteries for my flashlights, plenty of candles, and blankets and towels, and pet food. Tonight I will fill up a few jugs/containers with filtered water and tomorrow afternoon I'll probably fill the bathtub with a few inches of water (just in case).

My car has a full tank of petrol. I will keep my phone and laptop fully charged all day.

Most school districts have already cancelled school for tomorrow (though mine has not). And I've touched based about rescheduling a doctors appointment if the snow falls as predicted.
Old 02-07-2013, 05:54 PM   #5
TheMerryFairy

How Do You Identify?:
Pansexual/Sapiosexual femmey dyke who likes to crossdress now and then
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her OR ze if I'm crossdressing
Relationship Status:
Floating and walking My path, happy in life.

Thanked 8,694 Times in 2,987 Posts
TheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST ReputationTheMerryFairy Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sachita View Post
I lived in the Adirondacks during a few storms. Nothing like this. It's all pretty scary if you ask me. Thank you for checking in. Do you have provisions and prepared for power outage?
Thank you for making the thread!

I am about as prepared as I can be. The furnace was acting up so I got oil while I could to heat it somewhat.

I have lots of candles, batteries, flashlights, an old lantern, canned goods, chocolate and gallons of water in case we lose water too.

All of the extra blankets and things are in one place so I don't have to go looking for anything.

It really is scary but I am staying positive that it will pass without any real damage.
TheMerryFairy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to TheMerryFairy For This Useful Post:
Old 02-07-2013, 06:06 PM   #6
alexri

How Do You Identify?:
-

Thanked 2,799 Times in 468 Posts
alexri Has the BEST Reputationalexri Has the BEST Reputationalexri Has the BEST Reputationalexri Has the BEST Reputationalexri Has the BEST Reputationalexri Has the BEST Reputationalexri Has the BEST Reputationalexri Has the BEST Reputationalexri Has the BEST Reputationalexri Has the BEST Reputationalexri Has the BEST Reputation

We're New Englanders. We can deal with anything.

The blessing for us is that 99% of the time, we have two or three day's notice that a storm is coming. Though that doesn't mean that people won't wait until the last minute. I wouldn't set foot near a store tonight.

Once again we're kinda lucking out with the worst of the storm hitting on the weekend, and hopefully there will be minimal people on the road. Every school district here has already cancelled for tomorrow and events everywhere are cancelled. We're still going to work but we get out early every Friday anyway. People that can work from home are going to (jealous).

All my disaster supplies are ready... non-perishable food, candles, water, extra firewood, flashlights, gas tank, etc. Plus movies and books from the library.

I'm picturing a nice, relaxing night in front of the fireplace, reading, watching the snow fall out the window on Friday night. (I'm wishing someone was here to share in the disaster experience with me.)

Then hours of shoveling hell on Saturday.

My only fear is a long-term power loss (fear of frozen pipes) and that the heavy snow doesn't take down the trees that already didn't come down in any of our hurricanes or other disasters.
alexri is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to alexri For This Useful Post:
Old 02-07-2013, 06:07 PM   #7
Dante

How Do You Identify?:
Stone Butch Top
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hym
Relationship Status:
Single

Dante Has the BEST ReputationDante Has the BEST ReputationDante Has the BEST ReputationDante Has the BEST ReputationDante Has the BEST ReputationDante Has the BEST ReputationDante Has the BEST ReputationDante Has the BEST ReputationDante Has the BEST ReputationDante Has the BEST ReputationDante Has the BEST Reputation

Sachita, which "states" will be affected? I always worry about our peeps when severe weather occurs. I will be anxiously awaiting to hear from everyone.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dante For This Useful Post:
Old 02-07-2013, 06:14 PM   #8
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Thanked 29,299 Times in 6,640 Posts
Corkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST Reputation

I kind of have to chuckle. We here in the North deal with in climate weather all the time. We just haven't had a winter in ages. It is Normal to have this kind of weather. Is the infrastructure ready? We'll see. It is the folks who got pummeled with Sandy that are my concern. The rest of us are used to it. The news likes to hype stuff. They are naming storms that are Normal weather for ratings. Better snow than ice.
"Many proposals have been made to us to adopt your laws, your religion, your manners and your customs. We would be better pleased with beholding the good effects of these doctrines in your own practices, than with hearing you talk about them".
~Old Tassel, Chief of the Tsalagi (Cherokee)
Corkey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post:
Old 02-07-2013, 06:18 PM   #9
Sparkle

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, please
Relationship Status:
Loved Up

Thanked 6,624 Times in 1,561 Posts
Sparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante View Post
Sachita, which "states" will be affected? I always worry about our peeps when severe weather occurs. I will be anxiously awaiting to hear from everyone.

The northeast: parts of Pennsylvania and New Jersey, most of New York, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Massachusetts, Vermont, New Hampshire and Maine.

As well as the Atlantic coast of Canada, parts of Ontario and Quebec, I imagine. Though I'm not sure how far north the storm is expected to head.
Old 02-07-2013, 06:25 PM   #10
GreeneyedMe

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Sweet Femme ones
Relationship Status:
Peeking around the corner...

Thanked 4,375 Times in 804 Posts
GreeneyedMe Has the BEST ReputationGreeneyedMe Has the BEST ReputationGreeneyedMe Has the BEST ReputationGreeneyedMe Has the BEST ReputationGreeneyedMe Has the BEST ReputationGreeneyedMe Has the BEST ReputationGreeneyedMe Has the BEST ReputationGreeneyedMe Has the BEST ReputationGreeneyedMe Has the BEST ReputationGreeneyedMe Has the BEST ReputationGreeneyedMe Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corkey View Post
I kind of have to chuckle. We here in the North deal with in climate weather all the time. We just haven't had a winter in ages. It is Normal to have this kind of weather. Is the infrastructure ready? We'll see. It is the folks who got pummeled with Sandy that are my concern. The rest of us are used to it. The news likes to hype stuff. They are naming storms that are Normal weather for ratings. Better snow than ice.
All they do is hype!!! I listen, then look out the window....that tells the true story.... although they did change our totals here to 12-18 inches now, (it was 3-6) that's still not the worst of it by any means...we already did that once this season...stay safe east coast friends!!
Old 02-07-2013, 06:54 PM   #11
ButchEire
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Permanent ban 3/17/2013 - TROLL
Relationship Status:
Partner to my best friend

Thanked 1,874 Times in 485 Posts
ButchEire Has the BEST ReputationButchEire Has the BEST ReputationButchEire Has the BEST ReputationButchEire Has the BEST ReputationButchEire Has the BEST ReputationButchEire Has the BEST ReputationButchEire Has the BEST ReputationButchEire Has the BEST ReputationButchEire Has the BEST ReputationButchEire Has the BEST ReputationButchEire Has the BEST Reputation

It really is a joke and more than 50% of the time, a "huge" storm ends up to be nothing here, in Buffalo. After nearly 16 years here (30 years on the Jersey Shore), I have not once lost electricity due to a winter storm. The ice storm of several years ago was an exception but even then, stores were open, no worries. Many years ago (2000?) we experienced a dump of 5' (yes, feet) in two hours. No loss of anything and I still made it to school and back home that day. Naming these storms is ridiculous and the hype is even worse. People here in Buffalo laugh at this stuff and it's business as usual. I've never gotten stuck in the snow and no, I don't have 4 wheel drive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreeneyedMe View Post
All they do is hype!!! I listen, then look out the window....that tells the true story.... although they did change our totals here to 12-18 inches now, (it was 3-6) that's still not the worst of it by any means...we already did that once this season...stay safe east coast friends!!
ButchEire is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to ButchEire For This Useful Post:
Old 02-07-2013, 06:55 PM   #12
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Biological female. Lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Thanked 34,659 Times in 7,651 Posts
Kobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST Reputation

Blizzard warnings, high wind warnings, coastal flooding warnings here.

Same prep as for a hurricane except you need more blankets for when the heat goes off and dont have to worry about the perishables in the fridge - just stick em in the snow if need be.

Fun part is being able to use the winter toys while you wait for them to clean it all up. So sleds, toboggans, cross country skis, snowmobiles and the like will finally be put to use.

And, it is supposed to be a heavy wet snow here. Good snowperson making snow!

Kobi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Kobi For This Useful Post:
Old 02-07-2013, 07:02 PM   #13
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
cleverly disguised as a responsible adult*
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

Location: in my heart I'm going to Carolina...but I'm in MA for now
Thanked 27,369 Times in 6,858 Posts
cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

Whatever will be will be...I just hope our fish don't die this time
cinnamongrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to cinnamongrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 02-07-2013, 07:09 PM   #14
Semantics

How Do You Identify?:
malapropist
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 4,024 Times in 1,209 Posts
Semantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST Reputation

I'm well prepared.
Crazy weather has just become the norm here. In the past 18 months we've gone weeks without electricity due to hurricanes and freak storms. Just last week we had a windstorm that ripped three trees out of the ground in my yard, one of which landed on my barn.
I can deal with a few feet of snow and an extended power outage, but no more falling trees, please.
Semantics is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Semantics For This Useful Post:
Old 02-07-2013, 07:23 PM   #15
alexri

How Do You Identify?:
-

alexri Has the BEST Reputationalexri Has the BEST Reputationalexri Has the BEST Reputationalexri Has the BEST Reputationalexri Has the BEST Reputationalexri Has the BEST Reputationalexri Has the BEST Reputationalexri Has the BEST Reputationalexri Has the BEST Reputationalexri Has the BEST Reputationalexri Has the BEST Reputation

If anything, because we're all stuck inside from the closed roads and heavy snow, we'll probably all just catch up on a lot of threads here. Or Facebook games.

Or I'll finally break down and clean my house.
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to alexri For This Useful Post:
Old 02-07-2013, 07:24 PM   #16
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Thanked 29,299 Times in 6,640 Posts
Corkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexri View Post
If anything, because we're all stuck inside from the closed roads and heavy snow, we'll probably all just catch up on a lot of threads here. Or Facebook games.
Or be cooking from our camp stoves LOL
"Many proposals have been made to us to adopt your laws, your religion, your manners and your customs. We would be better pleased with beholding the good effects of these doctrines in your own practices, than with hearing you talk about them".
~Old Tassel, Chief of the Tsalagi (Cherokee)
Corkey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post:
Old 02-07-2013, 07:29 PM   #17
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Kobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

Or I'll finally break down and clean my house.

Of course hot, passionate sex is always an option too.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Kobi For This Useful Post:
Old 02-07-2013, 07:37 PM   #18
alexri

How Do You Identify?:
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobi View Post

I wish. I can't reach her from here.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to alexri For This Useful Post:
Old 02-07-2013, 07:39 PM   #19
GreeneyedMe

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Sweet Femme ones
Relationship Status:
Peeking around the corner...

Thanked 4,375 Times in 804 Posts
GreeneyedMe Has the BEST ReputationGreeneyedMe Has the BEST ReputationGreeneyedMe Has the BEST ReputationGreeneyedMe Has the BEST ReputationGreeneyedMe Has the BEST ReputationGreeneyedMe Has the BEST ReputationGreeneyedMe Has the BEST ReputationGreeneyedMe Has the BEST ReputationGreeneyedMe Has the BEST ReputationGreeneyedMe Has the BEST ReputationGreeneyedMe Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobi View Post

Ummmm...hmmmmm....maybe I should leave this one go....yea, probably should...
Old 02-07-2013, 07:48 PM   #20
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Quote:
I wish. I can't reach her from here.

.....use your imagination.....hint........can ya hear me now?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kobi For This Useful Post:

Tags
nemo