Candelion

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her/you
Relationship Status:
He can till my field.

Thanked 4,035 Times in 897 Posts
Candelion Has the BEST ReputationCandelion Has the BEST ReputationCandelion Has the BEST ReputationCandelion Has the BEST ReputationCandelion Has the BEST ReputationCandelion Has the BEST ReputationCandelion Has the BEST ReputationCandelion Has the BEST ReputationCandelion Has the BEST ReputationCandelion Has the BEST ReputationCandelion Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default If You're Ever There...Go Here!

Since we are in the middle of summer and people are likely travelling, I thought it might be fun if people posted about places they've been and things they've seen that might not be found in the regular tourist brochures. Perhaps you've found a great secluded beach, a funky restaurant, a cool club, an interesting museum....whatever.

One of my favourite places in the world is Vancouver Island (I lived there for a time, as a child). As you arrive at Departure Bay on the ferry from Horseshoe Bay you will find yourself in Nanaimo...home of the famous Nanaimo Bars and less famous Bathtub Races. Sure, Nanaimo may not be as beautiful or quaint as Victoria but it holds some hidden treasures.

PIPER'S LAGOON: When I was a child this lagoon was almost unknown to anyone but the locals. It still rarely gets too crowded and it's the perfect place to take children for a day's hike, swim, and picnic. From the many cliffs you are likely to see seals frolicking in the sea. It's an even better place for a romantic stroll and an intimate picnic dinner with that special someone. There are so many secluded little nooks and crannies, you are likely to find privacy.

The lagoon is fairly large and you will be able to find your own private piece of Heaven. You park at one end and walk along a narrow, straight dyke between the lagoon and the restless surf. The waves from the open water have created a marvellous pebbly beach with a great deal of mermaid's tears (a beautiful product of beach glass). Then it gets rocky; there is some non-technical rock-climbing for those who desire it, and one larger hill covered in arbutus and Garry Oak, eagles, driftwood and views of the Strait. Remember, this is not a California beach it's a typical PNW beach. Google Piper's Lagoon, Nanaimo BC Canada for map and directions.

Piper's Lagoon

The beautiful Arbutus tree
Candelion is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Candelion For This Useful Post:
Old 08-08-2014, 07:32 PM   #2
Trev

How Do You Identify?:
Just a good ole boy
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male ones
Relationship Status:
She Thinks My Tractor's Sexy

Thanked 10,142 Times in 2,400 Posts
Trev Has the BEST ReputationTrev Has the BEST ReputationTrev Has the BEST ReputationTrev Has the BEST ReputationTrev Has the BEST ReputationTrev Has the BEST ReputationTrev Has the BEST ReputationTrev Has the BEST ReputationTrev Has the BEST ReputationTrev Has the BEST ReputationTrev Has the BEST Reputation
Default Louisville, Kentucky

Visiting Churchill Downs is one the most recommended places in Louisville. If the horses aren't running on the track, Churchill Downs has museum to visit for the horse racing enthusiast. Churchill Downs officially opened in 1875, and held the first Kentucky Derby and the first Kentucky Oaks in the same year. Churchill Downs has also hosted the renowned Breeders' Cup on eight occasions, most recently in 2011. Churchill Downs Incorporated owns and operates the racetrack. The capacity of Churchill Downs is 120,000.

Trev is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Trev For This Useful Post:
Old 08-08-2014, 08:20 PM   #3
MysticOceansFL

How Do You Identify?:
Butch,
Preferred Pronoun?:
People call me by my nic name.
Relationship Status:
Not Single, Not Desperate.

Thanked 4,035 Times in 1,720 Posts
MysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST Reputation
Default Places I've been to while in the Military and Montana where I used to live before moving back to Florida

Here are a select few places I've been and will always remember and that hopefully you'll enjoy and go there also. South Korea, Hawaii, Japan, German, France, Ft Riley Kansas, and Ft Gordon Ga.

It is said, " Some lives are linked across time.....

Connected by an ancient calling that echoes through the ages "......
MysticOceansFL is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to MysticOceansFL For This Useful Post:
Old 08-09-2014, 04:41 PM   #4
Candelion

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her/you
Relationship Status:
He can till my field.

Candelion Has the BEST ReputationCandelion Has the BEST ReputationCandelion Has the BEST ReputationCandelion Has the BEST ReputationCandelion Has the BEST ReputationCandelion Has the BEST ReputationCandelion Has the BEST ReputationCandelion Has the BEST ReputationCandelion Has the BEST ReputationCandelion Has the BEST ReputationCandelion Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default The Bovine Sex Club 542 Queen Street West Toronto, ON Canada

I've never been much for the bar scene, but the Bovine Sex Club is one of my favourite local hangouts. Known as The Bovine to locals, this is a bar that's all about the music. This is the place to be to hear independent musicians and artists, playing everything from rock to punk to alternative to rockabilly. Bonus: It's in a cool part of town (and they still let me in).

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Candelion For This Useful Post:
Old 08-09-2014, 05:20 PM   #5
Trev

How Do You Identify?:
Just a good ole boy
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male ones
Relationship Status:

Trev Has the BEST ReputationTrev Has the BEST ReputationTrev Has the BEST ReputationTrev Has the BEST ReputationTrev Has the BEST ReputationTrev Has the BEST ReputationTrev Has the BEST ReputationTrev Has the BEST ReputationTrev Has the BEST ReputationTrev Has the BEST ReputationTrev Has the BEST Reputation
Default Kansas City, Missouri

Harley Davidson factory tours offer the chance to extraordinary people channel their pride and expertise into machines.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Trev For This Useful Post:
Old 08-09-2014, 05:50 PM   #6
Trev

How Do You Identify?:
Just a good ole boy
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male ones
Relationship Status:

Default Lake Cumberland, Kentucky

A personal favorite of mine.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Trev For This Useful Post:
Old 08-09-2014, 05:56 PM   #7
Trev

How Do You Identify?:
Just a good ole boy
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male ones
Relationship Status:

Default Gatlinburg, Tennessee

Ridge upon ridge of forest straddles the border between North Carolina and Tennessee in Great Smoky Mountains National Park. World renowned for its diversity of plant and animal life, the beauty of its ancient mountains, and the quality of its remnants of Southern Appalachian mountain culture, this is America's most visited national park.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Trev For This Useful Post:
Old 08-10-2014, 11:07 AM   #8
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 34,013 Times in 8,560 Posts
Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation
Default Havana, Cuba

Cannot travel directly to Havana from the States. Had to go through Mexico after applying for a professional research license. It was worth the effort.

One of the most beautiful islands in the Caribbean and the weather is perfect in the winter. Warm and breezy.

There's lots to see in Havana, but be sure to visit the gallery of artist José Rodríguez Fuster. He specializes in ceramics, painting, drawing, engraving, and graphic design. Through the sale of his paintings, ceramics and other works, Mr. Fuster has carried out many renovations and decorative art projects throughout the fishing town of Jaimanitas (on the west outskirts of Havana). His work has been compared to that of Gaudi in Barcelona.

This is the entrance to his gallery and workshops:

Link with more photos:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jos%C3%...Fuster_pic.jpg

Here's more about him on Wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jos%C3%...%ADguez_Fuster
Old 08-10-2014, 11:37 AM   #9
ProfPacker

How Do You Identify?:
butch/MOC
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hy/hym/hys but in circumstances like work and some other places she
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 4,816 Times in 1,187 Posts
ProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST Reputation

Orema, it is incredible that you went to Cuba. I love the Gaudi buildings and church in Barcelona. As a one time collector of Outsider Art I appreciate this work. Thanks for sharing
ProfPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ProfPacker For This Useful Post:
Old 08-10-2014, 11:42 AM   #10
ProfPacker

How Do You Identify?:
butch/MOC
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
single

ProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST Reputation

http://m.eater.com/archives/2014/03/...rias-pizza.php
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ProfPacker For This Useful Post:
Old 08-10-2014, 02:33 PM   #11
BestButchBoy

How Do You Identify?:
Male ID

Thanked 5,459 Times in 2,038 Posts
BestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST Reputation
Default If you're ever in NYC

Have brunch here: http://www.tartinecafenyc.com/menus/brunch/

Their Eggs Benedict will make your socks go up and down. But, it's all good there, all the time.

Bon apetit!
BestButchBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BestButchBoy For This Useful Post:
Old 08-10-2014, 03:49 PM   #12
Trev

How Do You Identify?:
Just a good ole boy
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male ones
Relationship Status:

Default Athens, Greece

Acropolis

Parthenon

Plaka

The Church of Panagia Kapnikarea or just Kapnikarea is a Greek Orthodox church and one of the oldest churches in Athens.

Athens is truly a beautiful city. I'm fortunate enough to mark this off My bucket list.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Trev For This Useful Post:
Old 08-10-2014, 05:27 PM   #13
Candelion

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her/you
Relationship Status:
He can till my field.

Member Photo Albums
Default If you're ever in Toronto and you like doughnuts...stop by Glory Hole Doughnuts

Experience such flavours as Buttered Popcorn, PB & J, Toast & Butter, Nutella Puff, Rose and Hibiscus Flower....all the traditional flavours and twisted creations.

www.gloryholedoughnuts.com
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Candelion For This Useful Post:
Old 08-10-2014, 06:43 PM   #14
ProfPacker

How Do You Identify?:
butch/MOC
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
single

Default If you are ever in Amagansett (Between East Hampton and Montauk

Best Lobster Roll, Steamers and blueberry pie (I could live here, lol)
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ProfPacker For This Useful Post:
Old 08-12-2014, 04:57 PM   #15
BestButchBoy

How Do You Identify?:
Male ID

BestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST Reputation
Default If You're ever in

Davis Square in Somerville, MA and want to hang in a cool saloon, get a tasty cocktail and have a bite…

http://www.saloondavis.com

Cheers for Queers!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BestButchBoy For This Useful Post:
Old 08-12-2014, 06:00 PM   #16
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 34,013 Times in 8,560 Posts
Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation
Default San Diego, California

http://extraordinarydesserts.com

There's lots to see and do in San Diego, but if you're ever here you must stop for dessert at one of their two locations. They make a croissant/bread pudding that is absolutely delicious.
Old 08-12-2014, 06:10 PM   #17
Redsunflower

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

Redsunflower Has the BEST ReputationRedsunflower Has the BEST ReputationRedsunflower Has the BEST ReputationRedsunflower Has the BEST ReputationRedsunflower Has the BEST ReputationRedsunflower Has the BEST ReputationRedsunflower Has the BEST ReputationRedsunflower Has the BEST ReputationRedsunflower Has the BEST ReputationRedsunflower Has the BEST ReputationRedsunflower Has the BEST Reputation

Oh my god ProfPacker, Barcelona, the Sagrada Familia and all those other crazy- looking buildings Gaudi built. Wow! I just went there on Friday and was completely gobsmacked. There's some amazing, inspiring genius right there.

If I had the first clue how to post a pic on here, I'd do it. Since I can't, I'd recommend everyone go to Barcelona as soon as they possibly can!
Redsunflower is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Redsunflower For This Useful Post:
Old 08-15-2014, 07:12 PM   #18
Candelion

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her/you
Relationship Status:
He can till my field.

Member Photo Albums
Default If you're ever in Tanzania...go to Zanzibar!

I was fortunate enough to spend some extended time in Tanzania. If you are ever there, try to make it to the island of Zanzibar. Now Zanzibar is a playground for the rich, but don't let that stop you from going if you are short on funds. You can always go there for the day. Take a boat over in the morning and return in the evening. That's what I did and I had a most memorable day. The beaches are gorgeous...sand as white as snow!

Old 08-16-2014, 06:57 AM   #19
BestButchBoy

How Do You Identify?:
Male ID

Default Summer

If you're ever in NYC for summer, you have to hit the Hamptons. I mean, it's the Rivera of the east coast. Montauk has a cool lighthouse. On the road to said lighthouse is a food shack where you can gobble down a delicious lobster roll! BTW, go during the week because unless you have a helicopter, you won't get there or back.

Oh, and of course, there's Fire Island. Sail over. Sail back. You like to sail, right?

White sand, sound of surf, relaxation and food. I mean, seriously. That's summer in NY for me.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BestButchBoy For This Useful Post:
Old 08-17-2014, 02:19 PM   #20
Candelion

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her/you
Relationship Status:
He can till my field.

Member Photo Albums
Default If you're ever in the Vancouver International Airport....go see the Spirit of Haida Gwaii, the Jade Canoe

If you happen to be in the Vancouver airport in British Columbia, please take the time to go to the international terminal and view this beautiful sculpture by Haida native, Bill Reid (1920 - 1998). The sculpture is an impressive 20 feet long, 13.2 feet high, and weighs nearly 11,000 pounds. The Spirit of Haida Gwaii is intended to represent the Aboriginal heritage of the Haida Gwaii region in British Columbia Canada's Haida Gwaii, formerly called the Queen Charlotte Islands. The sculpture is located near the food fair and there is seating surrounding the sculpture. Grab a snack and take in this beautiful piece of art before your flight.

This photo does not come close to capturing the magnificence of the sculpture.