Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 05-26-2010, 06:50 PM   #21
Waldo

How Do You Identify?:
Special Snowflake
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Married

Waldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST Reputation

Seconding Basil Hayden on the Bourbon front.

Vodka: Belvedere or Vodka 14 (a local Colorado all organic delish in a bottle)
New favorite cocktail: Strawberry Balsamic Martini. nom nom nom.

Gin: Hendrick's

Wines: I prefer Malbecs to just about anything else. Currently my favorite, if I can find it is Zapata's 2004. So good. If you're on a budge the Gascon which is available from places like Cost Plus / World Market is very drinkable.

Beer. Oh how I love a good beer. When I travel I make a point of drinking a local brew.

Some of my favorite Domestics:
- Harpoon IPA out of New England. A pint of this and some chowdah? Lovely.
- Fireman's #4 out of Texas. When it's the freakin' hot I like a nice pale ale.
- Honker's Ale or 312 out of Chicago. The Goose Island Brewery is what I 'grew up on' as it were, from a beer perspective. Honker's is their flagship offering and 312 is also very nice.
- 2 Below from here in Colorado is one of my favorites. It's a winter seasonal though. For year round enjoyment I've recently gravitated to Titan IPA.

Imports I enjoy:
- Sol from Mexico - another great beer for a nice hot day.
- James Squire Amber, XXXX and Carlton Draught from Australian. Despite what some might like you to believe, Foster's is most certainly NOT Australian for beer. I have yet to find a store here in Denver that stocks any of these. The best I can get is Tooheys. Which is a poor substitute, sadly.
- Bavaria from the Netherlands. I'm also a fan of Amstel (NOT light) but you cannot get that in the states. It's not made for export.
- Fuller's London Pride out of the UK. One of my best days ever was spent sitting in a pub in London writing for hours over a couple of pints of LP.
- Asahi from Japan. Lots of people prefer Sapporo but Asahi just has a nice clean flavor for me. If you get to Japan do try a Suntory. I wish it was available in the states.
- Harp from Ireland is my go to beer which is available in most places that stock any sort of imported beer.

Edited to add - Can't believe I forgot my all time favorite - Chimay. A Trappist Belgian beer. I prefer their red and blue label over their white.

After all that I think I may enjoy a drink tonight.
Old 05-26-2010, 06:51 PM   #22
Cowboi

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Holding My Red Circle

1 Highscore

Thanked 3,962 Times in 1,230 Posts
Cowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST Reputation

OMG ! There are so many!!!

A good single barrel scotch..Macallens is a fav.
Bombay saphire gin
Grey Goose or Level vodka
Ol stand by Crown Royal
Maybe a litte Don Julio tequila
Guinness, Murphys, Smithwicks, Chimmay with the blue label oh hell I never met a beer I dint like!!!!

Love Merlots and Pinot Noirs..
Old 05-26-2010, 07:28 PM   #23
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
makes no diffrence,I know who I am.
Relationship Status:
single,maybe looking if the right person comes along.

Thanked 14,937 Times in 3,936 Posts
Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

When I was a kid my gramps made wine from the old family resipe from italy where his family had a winery called Lombard Winery...I have the only bottle left cause as far as I know its not in production anymore.I checked with the loiquor distribitors hear and they use to cary it a long time ago,but its been 25 or more years since they had it last,the bottle I have is over 50 years old by now.Its a fruity somewhat sweet tasteing but a tad dry as best I can remember...this bottle will prolly never be opend...prolly vinigar by now.
I dont drink much anymore but like a good bloodymary now and then(minus the hot stuff) the only beer I drink is O'Doules,I know baby beer but im usely the DD in the group.
Rockinonahigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 07:35 PM   #24
WolfyOne
Magically Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Gentle Butch
Relationship Status:
Single and content

Thanked 15,406 Times in 4,139 Posts
WolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpychick View Post
Beer. I love beer. I not a fan of the real *hoppy* type of beers. But every now and then, an ice cold extra stout Guinness is lovely. I love micro-breweries. There's a place here, "The Church BrewWorks" that makes a wonderful beer called Dunkel. OMG. To. Die. For.

I guess you could say I'm a beer connoisseur. (You can laugh because it rhymes - I know I did.)

I love to get an ice cold beer and smell it first. Let its scent travel down into my nasal passages and fill me with its aroma. Then take a half mouthful and let it sit there for a few seconds. Then swallowing, feeling the coolness stream down my throat. Then...and this is my favorite part, I pick apart how the taste landed in my mouth. Where does it sit strongest on my tongue? Is there a tang to it or is it smooth? How does it feel on the insides of my cheeks, does its boldest features stay on my lips? I search out the distinct flavors, woods, berries, wheat, hops - whatever it's showcasing - I make note of it.

*phew* now that I have so enticed myself, I believe it's time for a cold one.

Just for you

Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength; loving someone deeply gives you courage --- Lao Tzo
WolfyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to WolfyOne For This Useful Post:
Old 05-27-2010, 06:14 PM   #25
TxsCharmr

How Do You Identify?:
Im Just Me
Relationship Status:
She has the Key

TxsCharmr Has the BEST ReputationTxsCharmr Has the BEST ReputationTxsCharmr Has the BEST ReputationTxsCharmr Has the BEST ReputationTxsCharmr Has the BEST ReputationTxsCharmr Has the BEST ReputationTxsCharmr Has the BEST ReputationTxsCharmr Has the BEST ReputationTxsCharmr Has the BEST ReputationTxsCharmr Has the BEST ReputationTxsCharmr Has the BEST Reputation

Long Island Iced Tea is the best!!
TxsCharmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 06:58 PM   #26
GoofyLuvr

How Do You Identify?:
queer femme :)
Preferred Pronoun?:
Well golly gee whiz, I bet she would do it!
Relationship Status:
completely, totally, head over heels in love :)

GoofyLuvr Has the BEST ReputationGoofyLuvr Has the BEST ReputationGoofyLuvr Has the BEST ReputationGoofyLuvr Has the BEST ReputationGoofyLuvr Has the BEST ReputationGoofyLuvr Has the BEST ReputationGoofyLuvr Has the BEST ReputationGoofyLuvr Has the BEST ReputationGoofyLuvr Has the BEST ReputationGoofyLuvr Has the BEST ReputationGoofyLuvr Has the BEST Reputation

[ SIZE="3"]Offer me Sangria, and I'll, umm......[/SIZE]
GoofyLuvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 10:37 PM   #27
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Thanked 29,299 Times in 6,640 Posts
Corkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST Reputation

Beer- Sam Adams, any of the summer ails or their winterfest beers, coors light.

Apéritif-Goldshlagar (sp), Amaretto D' Sarino up.

Wine- Inniskillin Pino Gris, Ice wine, and Pino Noir
Chateau D' Champes Riesling, 1st harvest.
"Many proposals have been made to us to adopt your laws, your religion, your manners and your customs. We would be better pleased with beholding the good effects of these doctrines in your own practices, than with hearing you talk about them".
~Old Tassel, Chief of the Tsalagi (Cherokee)
Corkey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post:
Old 05-27-2010, 10:48 PM   #28
Diavolo

How Do You Identify?:
Butch

Diavolo Has the BEST ReputationDiavolo Has the BEST ReputationDiavolo Has the BEST ReputationDiavolo Has the BEST ReputationDiavolo Has the BEST ReputationDiavolo Has the BEST ReputationDiavolo Has the BEST ReputationDiavolo Has the BEST ReputationDiavolo Has the BEST ReputationDiavolo Has the BEST ReputationDiavolo Has the BEST Reputation

Oh goodness! Where to start?

Cocktail definitely a Marguerita. I also have a fondness for Manhattans, single barrels and single malts.

Wine: Tough call, I'm a wineaux of renowned. I love the DeLille D2, that's for sure. Molly Dooker The Boxer always makes me happy. Henry Drive's line makes me happy, and of course I'm a huge Freemark Abbey fan. Although somebody said that 1999 Jordan was like a street fight. I like that.

Beer: I'm a Heineken drinker but I've recently gone back to craft brew. Loves me a saison. I'm working my way through the craft brews again and that's a good thing.
Diavolo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Diavolo For This Useful Post:
Old 05-27-2010, 11:17 PM   #29
betenoire

How Do You Identify?:
Satan in a Sunday Hat
Preferred Pronoun?:
Maow
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 8,742 Times in 2,566 Posts
betenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputation

Guinness

Rye and Gingerale

Tequila Rose in Hot Chocolate

That will be all.
Old 05-27-2010, 11:32 PM   #30
cane

How Do You Identify?:
male identified butch
Relationship Status:
Married

cane Has the BEST Reputationcane Has the BEST Reputationcane Has the BEST Reputationcane Has the BEST Reputationcane Has the BEST Reputationcane Has the BEST Reputationcane Has the BEST Reputationcane Has the BEST Reputationcane Has the BEST Reputationcane Has the BEST Reputationcane Has the BEST Reputation

Don't drink very much these days, but I still know what I like...

Wine: African foot (yeah, I know it's a weird name, but it doesn't taste like the name), a really nice dry white wine with an interresting tone of grapefruit to it. When it comes to red wines my all time favorit is Marques di Arienzo (grand reserva), simply adore it...
Beer: Not much of a beerdrinker, but when I do drink beer I go for the deeper flavors, a trappist (Belgian beer) is always nice.
Spirits: I am swedish so I have to mention vodka, Absolut, but I also enjoy a really smokey single malt whisky from time to time, my favorite would be Highland park and Laphroaig, both scottish.

I could probably go on forever but these a my absolute favorites. Don't try them all at once...

cane is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to cane For This Useful Post:
Old 05-27-2010, 11:36 PM   #31
SassyLeo
Is Grateful

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Engaged

Thanked 1,584 Times in 622 Posts
SassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST Reputation

I have LOTS of favorites...

I will 2nd Waldo's Chimay.

I'm not much of a beer drinker... I like it, but it makes me feel bloated, so I don't much.

Wine...

David Bruce Pinot Noir, 2004 was very good. The winery was near where I grew up, so tasting was easy
Cakebread Chardonnay, Reserve 2005 was nice.
One year in Napa (maybe 2001?), friends and I randomly stopped at Chimney Rock and the owners were pouring. We talked for a long time and I fell in love with them. I ended up signing up for their wine of the month club. Love the Cabernets.
Pride Winery - almost any of their wines are delicious. Cabernet Franc - wonderful.
ZD makes a nice Chardonnay as well.

I love Wild Horse wines...they are reasonably priced and friends of my family are some of the grape growers.

I'm on much more of a budget these days, so I don't get to partake in most of those often
The Following User Says Thank You to SassyLeo For This Useful Post:
Old 05-28-2010, 12:18 PM   #32
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Thanked 31,927 Times in 9,907 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

I always like to have a bottle of Vodka (7x distilled - Russian, preferably) around - great for tending to a cold (add a bit to tea) or straight up or use it in a mixer.

Once in a blue moon, I enjoy:

a Maitai cocktail

a German made wine (champagne)

I'm not too fond of beers - But I do tend to prefer German beers over others.
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 01:28 PM   #33
femmedyke

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her

femmedyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmedyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmedyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmedyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmedyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmedyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmedyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmedyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmedyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmedyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmedyke Has the BEST Reputation

I'm currently a lush for Trader Joe's, Joseph Handler Sweet Red.
Old 05-28-2010, 01:41 PM   #34
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Thanked 31,927 Times in 9,907 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by femmedyke View Post
I'm currently a lush for Trader Joe's, Joseph Handler Sweet Red.
I tasted this beer once - I call it "buzzy beer" because one sip of it, seemingly a drab of it, left me buzzy for hours! *lol* I liked the taste of it!
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 05-28-2010, 02:06 PM   #35
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Thanked 5,249 Times in 2,216 Posts
Andrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST Reputation
Smile

As I have gotten older I have really cut back on my drinking. I am not one to drink except socially, and even then it's really moderate.

This is my list of some of my favorites:

Rum: Gosling's from Bermuda
Vodka: Grey Goose, Absolut, and Tangueray Sterling is my most favorite
Gin: Bombay Blue
Liquor: Liquor 43, Kahlua, Tia Maria
Beer: Coors Light
Non-Alcoholic Beer: Sharps
Wine: Anything by Robert Mondavi, Woodbridge

*I have to think on the bourbons, whiskeys, and so on.

Andrew, Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 10:06 AM   #36
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Thanked 5,249 Times in 2,216 Posts
Andrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST Reputation
Smile Whiskeys

I had to think for a while on this. I like Glenlivet - a single malt whiskey.

I also enjoy Jameson Irish Whiskey, Johnnie Walker Pure Malt Whiskey (all colors red, blue, black, green, gold).

Jack Daniels - Gentlemen Jack most of all.

Andrew, Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 10:22 AM   #37
Oiler41

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him
Relationship Status:
Happily Single!

Thanked 2,574 Times in 790 Posts
Oiler41 Has the BEST ReputationOiler41 Has the BEST ReputationOiler41 Has the BEST ReputationOiler41 Has the BEST ReputationOiler41 Has the BEST ReputationOiler41 Has the BEST ReputationOiler41 Has the BEST ReputationOiler41 Has the BEST ReputationOiler41 Has the BEST ReputationOiler41 Has the BEST ReputationOiler41 Has the BEST Reputation

I keep it simple; I don't drink much anymore, but in the rare instances that I do, the following applies:

Beer - Miller Lite
Mixed - Tanqueray and 7 or Red Bull
Other - Champagne - Dry varieties, but of course, my favorite is Veuve Clicquot, but a good Korbel Extra Dry is never bad!

Glynn
Oiler41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 10:52 AM   #38
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Thanked 10,829 Times in 3,199 Posts
AtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Not much of a drinker, but do like a very cold Corona during summer months. If I have a mixed drink, it is Bombay & Tonic. I like Charles Krug and Sutter Home wines, but really don't know much about wines, per se. Best for me to take the advise of others with wine. Jeez.... I'm from CA and Italian!

AtLast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 11:02 AM   #39
Duchess

How Do You Identify?:
Absolute Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Toe curling :-)

2 Highscores

Thanked 5,591 Times in 1,521 Posts
Duchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST Reputation
Default Depends on my mood, but right now my favs are...

My favorite champagne...Billecart-Salmon Brut Rosé Champagne

My favorite beer .....Duck-Rabbit Milk Stout

Love red wines. I like Kendall Jackson's Merlot. It's smooth, doesn't have a nasty after taste and very reasonably priced. Can't forget Santa Margherita's Pinot Grigio.

The only thing I don't drink is gin. It makes me sick just to smell it.

Duchess
Old 05-30-2010, 11:18 AM   #40
blush

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
I'm with goofy.

Thanked 2,376 Times in 616 Posts
blush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputation

beer-Fireman's #4
bourbon-Maker's
riesling-Relax