Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > MEMBER NEWS, ANNOUNCEMENTS, EVENTS > Newbie Central > Newbie FAQ

Old 06-28-2011, 12:13 PM   #21
Linus
The Planet's Technical Bubba

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Thanked 10,743 Times in 3,176 Posts
Linus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anya/Georgia View Post
Thanks for your help!
1. What do the rep points mean & why are they there?
2. How do you subscribe to threads?
3. Does anyone reply personally to you in that list of thank you posts related to comment I made in a thread? I accidentally opened up a reply to me-related to one of my posts (not a private message, I know how to do that) but when I looked again could not find it. It was to me as it started: "Anya".

Hope the last question makes sense, thanks again.
1. How reputation works is found here in this thread
2. Go to the thread in question, look to the top left for Thread Tools and from the drop down select "Subscribe to this Thread". You can choose to have it send emails immediately (works when not logged in), send no emails or send a daily digest. Subscribed threads updated will appear in your User CP above reputation awarded to you.
3. You can see the last 20 or 25 reps (I can't remember which) in the User CP. Both "Thanks" and regular reps count towards this. If you get thanked a lot then sometimes messages can be missed. There is no way to separate out thanks from regular reps.

"We become Human Doings instead of Human Beings." -- Ram Dass
Linus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 01:44 PM   #22
Daktari

Can I add that flickr doesn't like, nor is really intended to be just a host site for posting pics on the internet; photobucket is better for such purposes.

Just saying in case folks aren't aware of this.
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 07-16-2011, 05:34 AM   #23
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself

Thanked 40,815 Times in 7,290 Posts
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation

How is a new thread started? I believe I am able to start one with my account. Do you also just figure out where it would be most appropriate to put it? I have one I would like to start.

Thanks Tech Guru!

Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

UN Human Rights commissioner
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 07-16-2011, 08:35 AM   #24
Linus

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Linus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST Reputation

Go to the forum you want to post and click on the New Thread button in the top left.

Old 09-27-2011, 07:05 AM   #25
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself

Thanked 40,815 Times in 7,290 Posts
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation
Default What if there is no new thread button?

I wanted to post a new topic thread in the health forum but when I cluck on it, the list of threads come up but no button for new thread. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!

Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

UN Human Rights commissioner
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 09-27-2011, 08:39 AM   #26
Linus

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anya/Georgia View Post
I wanted to post a new topic thread in the health forum but when I cluck on it, the list of threads come up but no button for new thread. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!
There is likely a subforum where you post threads in. You would choose one of the following subforums to post the thread into: http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...isplay.php?f=9

• Religion, Spirituality, Mysticism
  • BODY, BEAUTY, LIFESTYLES
  • COMMUNICATION, FRIENDSHIP, GETTING TO KNOW ONE ANOTHER
  • BREAKUPS, LESSONS LEARNED, HEALING
  • SUPPORT: ABUSE, ADDICTION, COPING

They in-turn may also have subforums themselves.

The Following User Says Thank You to Linus For This Useful Post:
Old 02-16-2012, 02:14 PM   #27
PrivateeroftheDeep
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Note from Admin: JakeTulane (again)

PrivateeroftheDeep Has the BEST ReputationPrivateeroftheDeep Has the BEST ReputationPrivateeroftheDeep Has the BEST ReputationPrivateeroftheDeep Has the BEST ReputationPrivateeroftheDeep Has the BEST ReputationPrivateeroftheDeep Has the BEST ReputationPrivateeroftheDeep Has the BEST ReputationPrivateeroftheDeep Has the BEST ReputationPrivateeroftheDeep Has the BEST ReputationPrivateeroftheDeep Has the BEST ReputationPrivateeroftheDeep Has the BEST Reputation
Default From one to another.

I just read this thread and whoever Linus is, they are a genius. Thank you for the help. Now knows how to "subscribe" and a host of other things. I figured out the quote thing on my own. The "thanks" was pretty self-explainatory. I guess it is trial and error.
PrivateeroftheDeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 02:58 PM   #28
PrivateeroftheDeep
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:

PrivateeroftheDeep Has the BEST ReputationPrivateeroftheDeep Has the BEST ReputationPrivateeroftheDeep Has the BEST ReputationPrivateeroftheDeep Has the BEST ReputationPrivateeroftheDeep Has the BEST ReputationPrivateeroftheDeep Has the BEST ReputationPrivateeroftheDeep Has the BEST ReputationPrivateeroftheDeep Has the BEST ReputationPrivateeroftheDeep Has the BEST ReputationPrivateeroftheDeep Has the BEST ReputationPrivateeroftheDeep Has the BEST Reputation
Default I will probably have more.

1. Is there a max amount of subscriptions you can save?

2. How do you post to the listening thread so that a video "shows"?

3. Can you leave a "rep" note and a "thanks" note too?

4. If you want to post "in color" can you just choose the color and type that way all the time? or do you have to choose the color each time?

5. Can you post your own smiley or only choose from the list on the right?
Old 02-16-2012, 03:03 PM   #29
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Thanked 29,299 Times in 6,640 Posts
Corkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST Reputation

[QUOTE=PrivateeroftheDeep;528705]1. Is there a max amount of subscriptions you can save? No

2. How do you post to the listening thread so that a video "shows"? it has to do with the you tube icon and I've yet to do it right. sorry.

3. Can you leave a "rep" note and a "thanks" note too? yes, leave note first then rep the thanks button

4. If you want to post "in color" can you just choose the color and type that way all the time? or do you have to choose the color each time? each time

5. Can you post your own smiley or only choose from the list on the right? you can post your own as long as it doesn't break the TOS
Me in this color
"Many proposals have been made to us to adopt your laws, your religion, your manners and your customs. We would be better pleased with beholding the good effects of these doctrines in your own practices, than with hearing you talk about them".
~Old Tassel, Chief of the Tsalagi (Cherokee)
Corkey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post:
Old 02-16-2012, 03:05 PM   #30
Linus

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrivateeroftheDeep View Post
1. Is there a max amount of subscriptions you can save?
Nope.

Quote:
2. How do you post to the listening thread so that a video "shows"?
Use the Youtube button. When it pops up post the ID of the Youtube. This is found, usually, at the end of a Youtube. For example, [nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZo54hbMc5Q&feature=g-trend&context=G26e541bYTAAAAAAALAA"]Sleepy polar bear cub - YouTube[/nomedia]

You would use: eZo54hbMc5Q in the youtube pop up or between two youtube tags [youtube]eZo54hbMc5Q[ / youtube] (without the space)

Quote:
3. Can you leave a "rep" note and a "thanks" note too?
Yes. Do rep first then thanks.

Quote:
4. If you want to post "in color" can you just choose the color and type that way all the time? or do you have to choose the color each time?
Each time.

Quote:
5. Can you post your own smiley or only choose from the list on the right?
If you click on the more you will see that there are far more than just those on the right. At this time we do not allow for users to upload their own smileys. You can post it as a picture. However, if you have any to add suggest them here: http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...read.php?t=256

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Linus For This Useful Post:
Old 02-16-2012, 03:07 PM   #31
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Corkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST Reputation

Thanks Linus I thought I'd seen some smilies that were different than the ones here.
"Many proposals have been made to us to adopt your laws, your religion, your manners and your customs. We would be better pleased with beholding the good effects of these doctrines in your own practices, than with hearing you talk about them".
Old 02-16-2012, 03:10 PM   #32
Linus

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corkey View Post
Thanks Linus I thought I'd seen some smilies that were different than the ones here.
Ya. It's more likely that people are just posting them like a picture. However, we don't have a location to create your own smiley list nor allow for others to upload smilies.

Old 02-16-2012, 03:16 PM   #33
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...hread.php?t=79

Privateerofthedeep this is Linus' thread where you will find out all kinds of info. Linus is our forum geek, we luvs him.
I may have a spelling issue with your handle, LOL
Old 02-16-2012, 03:47 PM   #34
PrivateeroftheDeep
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corkey View Post
http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...hread.php?t=79

Privateerofthedeep this is Linus' thread where you will find out all kinds of info. Linus is our forum geek, we luvs him.
I may have a spelling issue with your handle, LOL
Hi Corkey,

Well that person is a genius and the stuff that was written back to me for instructions was great. So was yours.

chuckling at you trying to spell my handle. Just call me Jaymes, that works.

Thank you again for the help.
The Following User Says Thank You to PrivateeroftheDeep For This Useful Post:
Old 02-17-2012, 08:10 PM   #35
deedarino

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Woman
Relationship Status:
In recovery.

Thanked 1,956 Times in 497 Posts
deedarino Has the BEST Reputationdeedarino Has the BEST Reputationdeedarino Has the BEST Reputationdeedarino Has the BEST Reputationdeedarino Has the BEST Reputationdeedarino Has the BEST Reputationdeedarino Has the BEST Reputationdeedarino Has the BEST Reputationdeedarino Has the BEST Reputationdeedarino Has the BEST Reputationdeedarino Has the BEST Reputation

Hello helpers of the lost ;-) I have tried to "link" a pic to a thread. I use photobucket and have followed the instructions; click on yellow box, insert html code from photobucket...and all I get is a box with a red x. Any advice?
Squint your eyes and look closer. I'm not between you and your ambitions. I am a poster girl with no poster. I am thirty-two flavors and then some. And I'm beyond your peripheral vision, so you might want to turn your head~Ani

I want to think again
of dangerous and noble things;
I want to be light and frolicsome;
I want to be improbable, beautiful
and afraid of nothing as if I had wings

Mary Oliver
deedarino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 08:14 PM   #36
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,972 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by deedarino View Post
Hello helpers of the lost ;-) I have tried to "link" a pic to a thread. I use photobucket and have followed the instructions; click on yellow box, insert html code from photobucket...and all I get is a box with a red x. Any advice?
did you erase the "http" that appears in the yellow box when ya click on it?
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 02-17-2012, 08:52 PM   #37
deedarino

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Woman
Relationship Status:
In recovery.

Thanked 1,956 Times in 497 Posts
deedarino Has the BEST Reputationdeedarino Has the BEST Reputationdeedarino Has the BEST Reputationdeedarino Has the BEST Reputationdeedarino Has the BEST Reputationdeedarino Has the BEST Reputationdeedarino Has the BEST Reputationdeedarino Has the BEST Reputationdeedarino Has the BEST Reputationdeedarino Has the BEST Reputationdeedarino Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajun_dee View Post
did you erase the "http" that appears in the yellow box when ya click on it?
I did and it still didn't work :-( I then tried what you suggested with the IMG thumbnail link but now there is a [/IMG] on each side of the picture.

Mostly I don't want the pic to be clickable so everyone can get to my other pics.

Almost got it...Thanks so much Cajun_dee!
Squint your eyes and look closer. I'm not between you and your ambitions. I am a poster girl with no poster. I am thirty-two flavors and then some. And I'm beyond your peripheral vision, so you might want to turn your head~Ani

I want to think again
of dangerous and noble things;
I want to be light and frolicsome;
I want to be improbable, beautiful
and afraid of nothing as if I had wings

Mary Oliver
deedarino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 09:01 PM   #38
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Quote:
I did and it still didn't work :-( I then tried what you suggested with the IMG thumbnail link but now there is a [/IMG] on each side of the picture.

Mostly I don't want the pic to be clickable so everyone can get to my other pics.

When you click the yellow img icon and the box appears delete the http that is in the box and paste your pic link, hit submit.
Old 02-17-2012, 09:13 PM   #39
Linus

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Quote:

I would recommend not posting pictures from a place where you don't want others to see other pictures. You have, thankfully, made the album private so that will avoid it. Just because it's not clickable doesn't mean that you cannot get the address of where it's originally from.

Rule of thumb: if you don't want people to see other stuff, don't post it from that location.

That said, when it comes to posting pictures all you need is the following:

{img}http://some.url.com/to.jpg{/img} (where {} is replaced with [] ) It's important to make sure that the path ends with .jpg or .gif or .png

HTH

Old 06-21-2012, 05:56 AM   #40
lusciouskiwi

How Do You Identify?:
femme lesbian feminist
Preferred Pronoun?:
Anything except for "aunty"
Relationship Status:
Happy with my butch.

Thanked 9,096 Times in 1,899 Posts
lusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputationlusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputationlusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputationlusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputationlusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputationlusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputationlusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputationlusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputationlusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputationlusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputationlusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputation
Default attaching photos

Linus, you've written really good instructions but I'm sorry I just don't get it ... If I open a photo share account (someone recommended photobucket) I have to do a number of things to get it into my account but you don't recommend a shared photo account? It seems awfully complicated.

One more time from go to whoa for this nongeek? Pretty, pretty please? *fluttering my eyelashes at you*

Risk! Risk anything! Care no more for the opinions of others, for those voices. Do the hardest thing on earth for you. Act for yourself. Face the truth. Katherine Mansfield

Motivate yourself or be miserable. Whatever has to be done, it's always your choice. Wayne Dyer
lusciouskiwi is offline   Reply With Quote