Notices

Old 12-23-2021, 05:40 AM   #101
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,586 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Hot filmmakers of the moment....

https://www.timeout.com/film/the-50-...orld-right-now
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 01-09-2022, 10:57 AM   #102
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation
Default Based on the book The Tender Bar: A Memoir by JR Moehringer

~~
The Tender Bar....

GREAT music, but for the most part I didn't care for it!
Old 05-23-2022, 08:36 AM   #103
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Default Same ole same ole from Hollywood I see.......

'Top Gun' and Tom Cruise return to the danger zone.......

Instead of showing these characters at their favorite waterhole as in the previous Top Gun, perhaps they'll show them rubbing liniment on their aching joints in this one......
Old 05-30-2022, 06:22 AM   #104
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Default Just what we need. A new bio-pic about......

Elvis (2022 film) by Director Baz Luhrmann

REALLY?? IS there anything we already don't know about Elvis?

IMHO Hollywood had at least a year and a half, due to the pandemic, to search and shift through various submitted scripts and the best they came up, by the looks of all they studio hype, with is this AND a new Top Gun!?
Old 06-02-2022, 07:06 AM   #105
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Default Spencer Tracy, Steve Martin, and nowww....

Andy Garcia for the 3rd remake of Father Of The Bride........

It's just one NEW & FRESH idea after another from Hollywood..
Old 06-02-2022, 07:17 AM   #106
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by homoe View Post

With all of Hollywood's recent creative endeavors, can another movie about the titanic be far behind!?
Old 06-02-2022, 07:42 AM   #107
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Elvis (2022 film) by Director Baz Luhrmann

REALLY?? IS there anything we already don't know about Elvis?

IMHO Hollywood had at least a year and a half, due to the pandemic, to search and shift through various submitted scripts and the best they came up, by the looks of all they studio hype, with is this AND a new Top Gun!?
I loved the King as much as the next guy, BUT give me a break...
Old 06-03-2022, 02:47 AM   #108
cathexis

How Do You Identify?:
Trotskyist, Anarcho-syndicalist
Preferred Pronoun?:
They, Them, Their, Sir Bitch
Relationship Status:
open

Thanked 4,710 Times in 1,603 Posts
cathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
'Top Gun' and Tom Cruise return to the danger zone.......

Instead of showing these characters at their favorite waterhole as in the previous Top Gun, perhaps they'll show them rubbing liniment on their aching joints in this one......
Homoe, have you gotten to "Maverick" yet? I haven't been out of the apt. socially for about 3 years, but this one has me tempted.

Has anyone else been to the flick?
cathexis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2022, 05:46 AM   #109
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cathexis View Post
Homoe, have you gotten to "Maverick" yet? I haven't been out of the apt. socially for about 3 years, but this one has me tempted.

Has anyone else been to the flick?

Sorry, no I have not.

I'm so disgusted by the movie industry'a lack of creativity and their releasing of MORE prequels, MORE sequels, and MORE re-makes instead of taking a chance with something original and new that it'll be some time before I'll be venturing out to a movie theater......
Old 06-03-2022, 06:05 AM   #110
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Quote:
With all of Hollywood's recent creative endeavors, can another movie about the titanic be far behind!?

Yes, I meant sarcasm....but ya know, when it comes to the movie industry, nothing would shock me at this point..

I'll get off my soapbox now REGARDING my disgust with Hollywood and the movie industry in general!

It just irks me because I knew several writers when I worked at the video store who tried and tried to get their stories to either studios or indivuals and never had any luck.
Old 06-03-2022, 02:04 PM   #111
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Yes, I meant sarcasm....but ya know, when it comes to the movie industry, nothing would shock me at this point..

I'll get off my soapbox now REGARDING my disgust with Hollywood and the movie industry in general!

It just irks me because I knew several writers when I worked at the video store who tried and tried to get their stories to either studios or indivuals and never had any luck.
P.S.

Thanks to everyone for their patiences while I ranted on and on!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 06-07-2022, 03:48 AM   #112
cathexis

How Do You Identify?:
Trotskyist, Anarcho-syndicalist
Preferred Pronoun?:
They, Them, Their, Sir Bitch
Relationship Status:
open

Thanked 4,710 Times in 1,603 Posts
cathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Sorry, no, I have not.

I'm so disgusted by the movie industry'a lack of creativity and their releasing of MORE prequels, MORE sequels, and MORE re-makes instead of taking a chance with something original and new that it'll be some time before I'll be venturing out to a movie theater......
It's not like the "Star Trek" series where none of the original actors were in the last one (or couple). and walked out of the "Enterprise" first movie. It was NOT the Enterprise, there were none of the original actors, and lastly, they tried to act like Spock had not died. They just had a new, younger version without a storyline to explain.

The whole party I was with (all Trekkies) came to the same conclusion at the same time and walked out en masse. This must have been in the late 80s.
They really pushed it on the sequel frontier.

I'll give "Maverick" a chance to prove itself, maybe.
cathexis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2022, 08:31 PM   #113
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Quote:

This movie must of cost a pretty penny to make~
Old 06-17-2022, 08:35 PM   #114
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Default For years hoped to see a sequel to Desert Hearts......

Never happened!

Now my wish would be a sequel to The Break-Up (2006)