Notices

Old 09-16-2022, 06:30 PM   #1101
VintageFemme

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 7,640 Times in 1,657 Posts
VintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST Reputation

My sister and I have been binging via texting, Alone on Hulu. So good. We're on Season Four and just can't get enough of it.
Old 10-23-2022, 11:39 AM   #1102
cricket26

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
must be love on the brain

Thanked 4,249 Times in 1,297 Posts
cricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputation

28 Days Haunted on Netflix

If you want to watch a scary Halloween show this is it! Three teams spend 28 days in some of the most haunted locations in the United States for an experiment based on the theories of paranormal investigators Ed and Lorraine Warren. I have a signed copy of Ed and Lorraine's book Graveyard: True Haunting from an Old New England Cemetery.

I used to love this stuff!

cricket26 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cricket26 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-23-2022, 07:34 PM   #1103
deb0670

How Do You Identify?:
femme/ baby girl
Preferred Pronoun?:
she,her
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 6,027 Times in 1,189 Posts
deb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputation

Son and i have been watching Riverdale.
The Following User Says Thank You to deb0670 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-29-2022, 10:20 PM   #1104
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Thanked 27,122 Times in 5,118 Posts
GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

I've been watching Star Trek: Discovery on Paramount+. It is really, really good!

First of all, let me just say that Sonequa Martin-Green is Totally Hot. She has the lead role, and let me also just say that having a female lead in Star Trek is very satisfying. Also, did I say she's HOT? The fight scenes are so exciting - there's a lot of hand-to-hand combat in this show, and it's really well done. But mostly what make Sonequa/Michael so hot is her amazing acting skills. She has spoken some lines that sent shivers down my spine. She also plays Sasha Williams on The Walking Dead, both of which she has received much critical acclaim for. I'm convinced she's really going to be a big star someday.

Back to ST: Discovery - the time line of this show is just prior to when Captain Kirk, Spock, Lt. Uhura and the gang take off on the Enterprise in the OG series Star Trek. And we actually get to see Spock! He is so Spock-ish in this series, except noticeably younger in experience and attitude, as well as age. Ethan Peck is also a great actor.

The story lines are solid. The writing is excellent. I recommend this series to all SF fans, even the Star Wars ones. It's a really exciting ride, engrossing and addictive. I'm speeding through season 2 at the moment. Also, it has been renewed for a 5th season.

Note: I found out that I have Paramount+ already because of my cable company. I have never gotten around to cutting Xfinity loose because when I was finally ready to let it go, I discovered how much we actually watch cable - especially the boy, who watches lots of sports. So if you are still hanging on to your cable, you may have Paramount+ for free.

It's been so lonely without you here
Like a bird without a song
Nothing can stop these lonely tears from falling . . .
'Cause nothing compares, nothing compares 2 U

- Prince
GeorgiaMa'am is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 12-03-2022, 07:23 PM   #1105
deb0670

How Do You Identify?:
femme/ baby girl
Preferred Pronoun?:
she,her
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 6,027 Times in 1,189 Posts
deb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputation

I am streaming a show called The Mentalist on the Roku Channel. It is so good.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to deb0670 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-07-2022, 10:27 PM   #1106
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,657 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by deb0670 View Post
I am streaming a show called The Mentalist on the Roku Channel. It is so good.
I remember watching that show! Simon Baker and Robin Tunney had great energy together and I love his natural accent.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 12-08-2022, 05:30 AM   #1107
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 34,088 Times in 8,590 Posts
Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation

Riches on Amazon Prime

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iM7MFXbjy8k

Just binged the first season of this soap opera and I’m enjoying it, on the most part. The season ending was a disappointment but overall the show is good, exciting and everything that a Tyler Perry production isn’t, thank goodness. I’m here for this.

It takes place in London but it feels like Chicago to me.
Orema is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 12-18-2022, 06:02 AM   #1108
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation

Showtime had a free preview for a few days and I caught up on The Chi. The Chi, along with Pose, has some of the best LGBTQ+ representation I’ve seen on the small screen. Also caught up with City on a Hill, it’s okay, but nothing to write home about. Though Kevin Bacon is better since he dropped the scratchy voice—that didn’t work at all.

I also caught a couple episodes of George and Tammy. The acting is superb. Can’t turn away when Michael Shannon (playing George Jones) is on the screen. And Jessica Shastain (playing Tammy) is just as good. This series will certainly receive some awards.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjrEeuQ5838

From Showtime’s YouTube page: Starring Oscar winner Jessica Chastain (The Eyes of Tammy Faye) and Oscar nominee Michael Shannon (Bullet Train), GEORGE & TAMMY chronicles the country music power couple, Tammy Wynette and George Jones, whose complicated-but-enduring relationship inspired some of the most iconic music of all time. Remembered as the “First Lady of Country Music,” Wynette’s most successful song “Stand by Your Man” remains one of the most iconic and best-selling country singles by a female artist. Known for his once-in-a-lifetime voice, George Jones’ song “He Stopped Loving Her Today,” is still widely called the greatest country song of all time. With over 30 number-one country songs between them, including duets “We’re Gonna Hold On,” “Golden Ring” and “Near You,” George and Tammy’s legacy, both musically and romantically, remains one of the greatest love stories ever told.

YouTube is showing some episodes of George and Tammy for free: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_V1dem3FzY
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 12-18-2022, 01:14 PM   #1109
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orema View Post
. . . George Jones’ song “He Stopped Loving Her Today,” is still widely called the greatest country song of all time.
It's certainly the saddest country song of all time. I get a little sad just thinking about it.

I watched the new QAF on Peacock. It was only 8 episodes, and then it got canceled - as well it should. I didn't think it was very good, and certainly not epic like the original BBC or American Queer as Folk.

- Prince
The Following User Says Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 02-01-2023, 09:01 PM   #1110
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

I just finished watching Better Call Saul, and wow it was great. I even paid extra to see the final season, season 6 which is currently only available for sale (I got it for only $10 though, because I am an Amazon Prime member. It was worth every penny.)

Better Call Saul is good enough to stand on its own, but if you've seen Breaking Bad (and if you haven't, you should), Better Call Saul cleans up a lot of loose ends from Breaking Bad. I won't spoil it for you, but I'll just say BCS encompasses a longer time line than BB. It's jaw-dropping, funny and satisfying.

- Prince
Old 02-02-2023, 08:18 PM   #1111
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

I've gotten about halfway through the episodes of Wednesday on Netflix. It's definitely creepy and kooky, mysterious and spooky. It's also a whole lot of fun! I did not know until I started watching it that it was directed by Tim Burton. Danny Elfman is involved in the music too! So if you like Tim Burton movies (such as Edward Scissorhands) you'll like Wednesday. It's the same type of humor, very dark - as are the sets. The music is very Danny Elfman-esque (think Beetlejuice). Also, the sound is low - my hearing is kind of bad and I had to turn the volume way up to hear everything, as I seem to have to do with all Tim Burton movies. But other than that, I have no complaints. Wednesday Addams the character is deadpan, snarky and creatively vengeful. All the members of the Addams family seem to be moving through the everyday colorful world in black and white. It's a neat filmmaking trick - they blend in visually, but they don't either. Tim Burton seems to improve his craft with every project he works on. I'm thoroughly enjoying this series.

- Prince
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 02-03-2023, 09:34 AM   #1112
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Will Trent on Hulu. Very good, fun, thoughtful.

With some nice eye candy for this mature lesbian.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iy9PoT19ujk
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 02-05-2023, 12:04 AM   #1113
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

I watched Baz Luhrmann's Elvis, and it was really good! It explained a lot of things that I never quite understood about the Elvis phenomenon, as I am just barely old enough to have not really understood what the big deal was. I saw Elvis live, actually, once when I was four and once when I was seven (I think) - that would be leather outfit Elvis, and then white outfit pudgy Elvis. I saw him both times with my parents, and to me, Elvis was my dad's music.

ANYWAY, the film was great. It was more or less chronological, covering from when Elvis was a child until his death. I especially appreciated how much the film incorporated the black music that had such a big influence on Elvis. Colonel Tom Parker is definitely cast as the evil magician behind the scenes, and played brilliantly by Tom Hanks. (It was interesting to see Tom Hanks in a role where he was not playing the nice guy.) Elvis is portrayed as a not too smart country boy, who could sing his ass off, and knew how to make girls swoon. I thought Austin Butler did a great job of playing Elvis throughout most of his lifetime. The soundtrack was really good, and I have heard a few songs from it on the radio, but I am definitely going to listen to the entire album now.

- Prince
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 02-05-2023, 11:10 AM   #1114
cricket26

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
must be love on the brain

Thanked 4,249 Times in 1,297 Posts
cricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputation

I just finished Army Wives on Hulu and if you make it to the 2nd season it really gets good! Now I am watching Blacklist on Netflix which is a totally different vibe but very entertaining. (I went from a feel good drama to a dark thriller what can I say I am complex haha)

cricket26 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to cricket26 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-13-2023, 12:09 AM   #1115
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

I just started the second season of The Fosters on the Roku channel. Two lesbian moms have 5 kids, one from a previous marriage and 4 adopted from foster care. (Their last name is Foster, also.) It's a complex, fun, mostly happy drama of the Gilmore Girls variety. It was created and written by Peter Paige, of the U.S. version of Queer As Folk fame.

The kids are all teenagers, and they go through the usual teenage crises, including some specific to adoption and the foster care system. One mom is an assistant high school principal, and the other mom is a police officer. Also, the police officer's ex-husband is a police officer and her partner on the force. Rosie O'Donnell does a great job as the administrator of a group home, and Annie Potts and Lorraine Toussaint are great as the grandmothers.

There's a good deal of AA drama in this one, too, so if that's a trigger for you, you may want to avoid it.

This is exceptionally well-written and well-acted, and I am really enjoying it so far.

- Prince

Last edited by GeorgiaMa'am; 03-13-2023 at 12:23 AM. Reason: Sp.
Old 08-19-2023, 06:14 AM   #1116
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Default Wonder Years on Hulu

I'm watching the remake of the Wonder Years on HULU and am really enjoying it. It's about "A man recalls his experiences growing up in Montgomery, Alabama during the late 1960s."

It reminds me of my childhood and some of the important moments from it. It also shows me some of the things I missed out on.

The star of the show is Elisha Williams who plays Dean Williams and he's a very good child actor, but it's the actor playing his dad (Dulé Hill as Bill Williams) who stands out for me. Dulé Hill is such a good actor that he steals almost every scene he's in. I've seen Dulé over the years but I didn't realize how good an actor he was until I saw him in Ballers.
Old 08-19-2023, 09:50 AM   #1117
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

I'm working my way through 8 seasons of House on Amazon Prime. It's kind of like bubble gum for the brain - all the episodes are pretty similar, and almost all of the characters are pretty reprehensible. Well no, House is pretty reprehensible while the rest just have average human character flaws.

It's interesting to me to hear about the different medical conditions, and it's lightweight enough that I can watch it and do other things at the same time. I'm on the 5th season right now.

I plan to move on to the final season of Picard on Amazon Prime after this.

- Prince
Old 11-07-2023, 10:06 PM   #1118
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Default Star Trek!

Picard (Amazon Prime) was Excellent! The characters remain true to themselves while offering something new. Mr. Worf gets most of the funniest lines. Yes, they all look older, but that's part of the story line. The soundtrack was moving and gripping. It felt like a movie theatre motion picture, although it was made for streaming. See it on the biggest screen you can.

Star Trek: Into Darkness (also Amazon Prime) was lots of fun. J.J. Abrams directed it. Zachary Quinto was great as young Spock. And the evil enemy is . . . (wait for it) . . . Khan! We get to see some Khan backstory in this movie, and it's well done. There are some amazing fight scenes and action in this movie - the stunt people earned their paychecks! And, it's funny in all the right places. See this one on the biggest screen you can too.

- Prince
Old 11-11-2023, 08:25 PM   #1119
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

I've been watching Mr. Mayor on freevee. It's a sitcom about the mayor of Los Angeles, played by Ted Danson. Holly Hunter is in it too, and I love her in anything she does. This is a pretty good comedy, and it's easy to watch it and do something else at the same time (something like crafts, or cleaning the kitchen).

- Prince
The Following User Says Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 11-11-2023, 09:20 PM   #1120
Canela

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Babe, she, her, ella

Thanked 6,524 Times in 1,697 Posts
Canela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST Reputation

I’ve been watching Black Cake on Hulu! So good! It’s got so much going on in it and you’d think you’ve seen so much and there’s so much more! It’s entertaining in a dysfunctional morbidity…I don’t know if that makes sense to anyone but me. I am waiting for the next weekly episode…

Happiness is like a butterfly which,
when pursued, is always beyond our grasp,
but, if you will sit down quietly,
may alight upon you

~Nathaniel Hawthorne

Canela is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Canela For This Useful Post: