Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > FUN > The Fluffy Stuff: Flirting, Humor, Chat

Notices

Old 11-11-2009, 07:45 PM   #1
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 2,646 Times in 1,293 Posts
Jet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST Reputation
Default That 70s Thread

Anything about the 1970s as you remember them. I've always liked this thread and thought I'd start one here on the Planet. Think I'll kick things off with Bennie & The Jets....

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0WCQadt864"]YouTube- Elton John-Benny & the Jets[/ame]

....of course it has Jets.........................
Jet is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jet For This Useful Post:
Old 11-11-2009, 07:49 PM   #2
WolfyOne
Magically Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Gentle Butch
Relationship Status:
Single and content

Thanked 15,407 Times in 4,139 Posts
WolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST Reputation

Disco Lives
WolfyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WolfyOne For This Useful Post:
Old 03-04-2010, 08:32 PM   #3
cinderella

How Do You Identify?:
Pinky's mommy :)
Preferred Pronoun?:
Su Majestad
Relationship Status:
Happy with my puppy

Thanked 1,502 Times in 637 Posts
cinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputationcinderella Has the BEST Reputation

I was in my late 20's when the 70's rolled around. I was a Rock & Roll child of the late 50's, and of the Motown sound of the 60's. I love all that music, but nothing could make me 'get up and boogie', like DISCO!!! Disco was KING, and I loved it -and still do!! I danced my a-- off!! I loved all of it, Donna Summer was THE QUEEN, but then there were so many others...wish we could bring a little bit of that back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfyOne View Post
Disco Lives
cinderella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 09:10 PM   #4
Lady Pamela

How Do You Identify?:
A Lady..Femme..Free Spirit with a touch of survivalist woman in me.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Spiritual Warrior..She Ra..Baby Doll, or anything close..ha!
Relationship Status:
In perfect love and perfect trust I believe that will be directed..for now Just friends in my life.

1 Highscore

Location: Live in Utah but take trips to Arkansas. Plan to move there eventually.
Thanked 5,939 Times in 1,609 Posts
Lady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST Reputation
Default The 70's Thread

I just ran acroosed this threat and wanted to say Yippieeee and ty for making it!
Lady Pamela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 08:02 PM   #5
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Jet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST Reputation

Gotta dress that man.

|

|
Old 03-05-2010, 08:14 PM   #6
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Harvest Gold

Old 03-05-2010, 08:22 PM   #7
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Full of dreams and ideals...but that all changed one day for most of us. It really was hard to imagine.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Q0Eyw3l3XM"]YouTube- Imagine Live - John Lennon - 72[/ame]
Old 03-06-2010, 08:43 PM   #8
Lady Pamela

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
In perfect love and perfect trust I believe that will be directed..for now Just friends in my life.

1 Highscore

Location: Live in Utah but take trips to Arkansas. Plan to move there eventually.
Lady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST ReputationLady Pamela Has the BEST Reputation
Default The 70's thread

A collection from many people and site...lol

What new slang was introduced during the 70s that you can think of? This is a list of all the words that were in popular usage during the 70s.

skinney
real deal or truth ex "let me give you the slinney on the deal"

' Can You Dig It'
Do you understand? " Can you dig it man?"

' Psyche'!!!
To trick someone. To b.s. someone. As if to psyche them out.

'Bogue'
Used to describe something offensive or an unrealistic idea. "That's so Bogue" or "That's Bogue" or "Bogue, man..."

'Bootin'
as in; Are you going Bootin? "I'm going Roller Bootin" or rollerskating

The 'Crib' and going to the 'Gig'
The "crib" was going home or to someone else's house, and "gig" was work or job.

'Don't Be Such A 'spaz'
A 'spaz' was someone that was accident prone,clutsy, or just acting stupid.

'Dream On'
a term used to get someone down to earth, or tell them they are being unrealistic about something, e.g. when someone would say, "I'm getting a brand new car!" you'd respond, "Yeah, right; dream on man!"

'Far Out'
cool

'Good night, John-boy.'
An annoying phrase popularized by the entire cast of "the Waltons" -- except by John-boy" (Richard Thomas) himself.

'In Your Face!' (or simply, 'Face!')
I have succeeded in embarrassing or up-staging you (usually as through an exceptional play in basketball).

'Lay A Gasser'
to fart.

'May The Force Be With You'
The most popular line from one of the greatest movies of the 70s(and of all time) StarWars.

'Phony'
To describe an overbearing, "two faced", or deceitful person or thing. Also: "Phony Baloney" which then became: "Baloney" which is an active form, used to instantly dismiss the phony person or utterance.

'That's Sick!'
A Midwestern phrase in the late 70's. To describe something odd or unusual. Not necessarily an person or object of distaste, but something suspect but also intriguing. "Sick!"

'The Man'
the man to me means any authority, corporations, police, government, they're all the man tho first used in the 60's by the hippies it live through the 70's,80's,90's and still to this day
Old 03-06-2010, 08:45 PM   #9
Lady Pamela

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

1 Highscore

Default 70's

2nt post

'To The Max'!
Take it to the maximum. The best it can be.

'You Know'
This was said at the end of nearly every sentence

'You're So Stunned'
Meaning the person acted or said something stupid, dumb.

'Your Mama'
"Your Mama" was said a lot of my school, with also "Joe Mama." With "Happy Days" that brought us the word "Nerd" which was VERY popular.

'book' Or 'booking'
to run quickly, usually away from something. (ie The cops were after hi so he was booking down the street.)

'bunny'
a cute girl

'catch You On The Flip~side'
see you later

'cheese-eater'
I'm pretty sure the definition you list for a brown-noser - "cheesier" - is in fact supposed to be "cheese-eater." I've heard cheese-eater used numerous times as a synonym for a suck-up, but never cheesier. Is it possible that someone mis-heard "cheese-eater" and just always heard it as "cheesier"?

'chill' 'be Cool'
relax, man!

'city'
everything had "city" after it. That was cool-city.

'fab'
same as fabulous. ex: "that movie was fab"

'feel Tha Funk'
feel the music. get down wit da boogie.

'fool That You Are'
it is like saying "dork" or "goofball". also like saying you know that you are a dork in a playing around tone or way.

'get Down,' Or, 'boogie'
dance

The 'izz'
This term was created in the late 1970s and made it's way through the 2000s. The use of "izz" is still popular. c"izz"ash= cash fo' sh"izz"le= for sure b"izz"o= bitch b"izz"nitch= bitch r"izz"ide= ride(car) sm"izz"oke= smoke "izz"ass= ass ......and so one. It's like pig latin, really fun, you should try it out.

'keep On Truckin''
go w/ the flow

'like'
Beginning every sentence with "like". "Like we went to the mall and like I saw him looking at me."

'like'
I do believe the term 'like' was used in the 70s by Americans and has been used ever since. Recently the British have adopted the phrase especially since the popularity of cult sitcom 'F.R.I.E.N.D.S'. The phrase is used in various ways usually by teeneagers and 20 somethings who automatically, subcociuously add a toutch of 'trendiness' to thier sentances. For instance: "Like, let's get outa here!" "Like, no way!" "This is like way cool guys"

'looo-king Gooood!'
a phrase popularized by the late Freddie Prinz Sr. on the tv sitcom "Chico and the man."

'putz'
jEWISH SLANG FOR SOMEONE WHO A CONSTANT SCREW UP OR FOUL UP OR JUST BEING A JERK

'right On' !!
Right on--was a slang used for hep people when you agreed to something ex: Are you going to the club tonight--Right on!

'to The Max.'
Taken to an extreme. As in: That dude is so bitchen, to the max.

'what It Is, What It Is'
a greeting usually meaning,"hey", "What's up?"

...with
Ending a question or sentence using the word "with" has been used in the communities of the mid-west since the early 70's. The most common questions I remember asking are; "ya wanna go with?" or "can I go with?"

4-sho
for sure, or for real

A.F.A.
Insead of signing letters, photos,etc. sincerely we would sig A.F.A. That stood for A Friend Always

Ace
Just another groovy word for funky and awesome.

Airhead
stupid person, usually a woman, usually blond. Often someone pretending to be stupid in order to be considered attractive to the opposite sex. "Chrissy on Three's Company is such an airhead."

All Right
that's da bomb

Are You Decent?
Are you fully dressed?

Are You Jivin' Yet?
meaning I wanted to know when they'll stop talkin' so serious.

Awe Sooky Sooky
Like awe yeah baby.. or something looks really good.. like " shut up "; can't believe it.

Awesome
Cool: Thats totally awesome Man!

Awsome Possome
very cool

BAM!!!!
super cool

Baby
sexy, groovy person or someone you love

Backatcha!
"You too".

Bad
it is good. it is nice.

Bad
Cool

Bad
Very, very good. As a rule, "Bad" was applied most readily to songs and outfits that you liked.

Bad
Good,nice,good looking,cool

Bad
Good, nice

Bad
Nice,cool,(That's a bad jacket you're wearing)

Bangin
means it is good.

Be Still
Another way of saying "calm down" or "chill out" - "...yo man, be still!"

Be There Or Be Square
Means Be at the party or place or be boring!!

Be There Or Be Square!
Attend or you'll be looked down upon

Bear or Smokey
The truckers would call each other when one was spotted somewhere and warn others about their presence. Since they wore the standard uniform with the "Smokey the Bear" hats, Dad started talking about them on his radio as "Smokey Bears" or, as it was quickly shortened to, "Smokies",a "smokey" or "Bear(s)". As time went on the term naturally got picked up and applied to any mobile law officer or any officer in general.

Beat The Drag
driving up and down the 'loop' or the designated driving area as defined by the cool kids with cars!!!

Bitch'n
awsome

Bitch-in
very cool

Bitchen
This was said when and item or thing was realy cool or great.

Bitchen
cool, the all time best, good idea, "That bike is bitchen", or "Bitchen, let's go!"

Bitchin'
Way cool or really REALLY neat! That car is bitchin!

Black Saber
you're finished

Blazin
like on fire, ttly(totally) hip or hottttttt

Blood
Used for like a greeting to a friend used for ex: Whats going on BLOOD.

Blow Off/blew Off
to skip, avoid or ignore someone or something. "I blew off that class." or "He was such a jerk, I just blew him off."

Bogart
to hog something, keep it for yourself.

Bogart
'Bogart' meant to hold on to a joint too long without passing it-- the origin comes from the actor, Humphrey Bogart, who had an iconic style of performing an entire scene with a cigarette dangling from his lower lip for an extraordinarily long time with 'cool' effect.

Bogart
greedy

Bogart
To hog something. Like, "Hey man, don't Bogart that smoke. Pass it down!"

Bogart
meaning: not to be selfish with an object. "don't bogart the pop rocks"

Bogart
To keep for one's self.

Bogue
Bad, like "That food was really bogue tonight.

Bogue
phony,false, or an imitation

Bogus!
Dang it! To be annoyed with something.ex. You fall down "Bogus!"

Bomb
adj. to be hip, cool. ex. That guy has a bomb Chevelle.

Bomb Dude
thats sweet. awesome, something very cool.

Bone Jacked
stealing the style of one who is dead.

Boo-yah
Excited term of joy and happiness.

Boob Tube
television

Boob Tube
Television, TV

Boogie
to getyour groove on; to dance;

Boogy
to dance

Book
To leave or move in a hurry. "I've gotta book. I'll catch you later" or "Some guys were really booking down the street last night."

Boss!
Cool; awesome

Bouge
If something sucks it's Bouge!

Brawl
To engage in a heavy fight, often to the death.

Bread
Money; Cash. "Do you have any bread?"

Brick House
a brick house is when there is a young woman that is well porportioned. she is really fine!!

Brother
Mate, buddy, good friend

Buff
Physically well built. ex: Slyvester Stallone is buff.
Old 03-06-2010, 09:29 PM   #10
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

"Bitchin'" and "nut huggers." Surfers' slang.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jet For This Useful Post:
Old 03-06-2010, 09:56 PM   #11
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Remembering Toby.
She was a senior, I was a junior.
She wore a pair of horn-rimmed aviator glasses that were tinted.
I had to have a pair liker hers.
Toby was cool.
One day, I went to her house after school.
We talked a long time, listening to Joni Mitchell

and Tea for the Tillerman

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghoS6iJTrYc"]YouTube- Cat Stevens - Tea For The Tillerman[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPr_WQm0-UY"]YouTube- cat stevens - Where Do The Children Play - Tea For The Tille[/ame]
Old 03-11-2010, 06:34 PM   #12
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Jane, you magnificent, ignorant slut!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7S_XWuKpHc"]YouTube- ANL Point-Counterpoint on Nuclear Power generation , Jane Curtin and Dan Akroyd[/ame]

...and Karen Silkwood
Three Mile Island
nuke my coffee
Old 11-11-2009, 07:59 PM   #13
atomiczombie

How Do You Identify?:
Femmesensual Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him, His
Relationship Status:
Dating

Thanked 3,221 Times in 757 Posts
atomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputation

I was born in 1970 so basically my memories of the 70s are all from a little kid's perspective.

I remember watching on T.V. Donny and Marie, The 6mil $ Man, Buck Rogers, Battle Star Galactica. MY parents listened to Neil Sedaka, the guy who sounded like a woman when he sang. My older brother was into Led Zepplin and Aerosmith. I liked those bands too. I remember coveting my brother's BMX bike. I wasn't allowed to have a boy's bike. -_- I also remember buying packs of firecrackers for 5 cents from a guy down the street. It's funny the things that make an impression on you when you are a kid.
atomiczombie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to atomiczombie For This Useful Post:
Old 11-11-2009, 08:03 PM   #14
WolfyOne
Magically Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Gentle Butch
Relationship Status:
Single and content

Thanked 15,407 Times in 4,139 Posts
WolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST Reputation

I was a trouble maker, ummm, I mean a teen in the 70's.
WolfyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to WolfyOne For This Useful Post:
Old 11-11-2009, 08:27 PM   #15
Novelafemme
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 8,925 Times in 1,834 Posts
Novelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST Reputation

(clears throat) um, I was born in 1973 But I remember banana bikes and pogo sticks...bell bottoms and Shazam. I miss terry cloth wrist bands and the fact that straight guys felt HAWT wearing daisy dukes.
Novelafemme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 09:04 AM   #16
TeaPartyTart

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
I think "cupcake" has a nice ring to it
Relationship Status:
shackin' up

TeaPartyTart Has the BEST ReputationTeaPartyTart Has the BEST ReputationTeaPartyTart Has the BEST ReputationTeaPartyTart Has the BEST ReputationTeaPartyTart Has the BEST ReputationTeaPartyTart Has the BEST ReputationTeaPartyTart Has the BEST ReputationTeaPartyTart Has the BEST ReputationTeaPartyTart Has the BEST ReputationTeaPartyTart Has the BEST ReputationTeaPartyTart Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novelafemme View Post
(clears throat) um, I was born in 1973 But I remember banana bikes and pogo sticks...bell bottoms and Shazam. I miss terry cloth wrist bands and the fact that straight guys felt HAWT wearing daisy dukes.
I'm right there with you (1972). I loved my Honeycomb license plate, big wheel and my goloshes that said "left, right'. I also loved, LOVED the Brady Bunch and remember every episode.
TeaPartyTart is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TeaPartyTart For This Useful Post:
Old 11-12-2009, 10:34 AM   #17
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

I wore tie-dyed shirts
aviator glasses
shag haircut
elephant leg jeans
bear traps
and choker

I smoked hash and listened to a lot of Greg Allman

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpNOoq0kFds"]YouTube- Gregg Allman- Multi-Colored Lady[/ame]
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jet For This Useful Post:
Old 11-12-2009, 10:36 AM   #18
Eddie

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Don't matter
Relationship Status:
Meh

Location: Why is it hot in here and what am I doing in this hand basket
Eddie Has the BEST ReputationEddie Has the BEST ReputationEddie Has the BEST ReputationEddie Has the BEST ReputationEddie Has the BEST ReputationEddie Has the BEST ReputationEddie Has the BEST ReputationEddie Has the BEST ReputationEddie Has the BEST ReputationEddie Has the BEST ReputationEddie Has the BEST Reputation

I miss the golden shag carpet and the funky checkerboard wallpaper in the kitchen we had in the house.
Eddie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Eddie For This Useful Post:
Old 11-12-2009, 10:43 AM   #19
Softhearted

How Do You Identify?:
---
Preferred Pronoun?:
----
Relationship Status:
---

Softhearted Has the BEST ReputationSofthearted Has the BEST ReputationSofthearted Has the BEST ReputationSofthearted Has the BEST ReputationSofthearted Has the BEST ReputationSofthearted Has the BEST ReputationSofthearted Has the BEST ReputationSofthearted Has the BEST ReputationSofthearted Has the BEST ReputationSofthearted Has the BEST ReputationSofthearted Has the BEST Reputation

I was born in 1967 and I do remember the 1970's and especially the banana bikes!!!! and the TV serie C.H.I.P.S! My younger brother and I would ride our banana bikes and pretend we were CHIPS officer ! Good memories for me.
Softhearted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 07:08 PM   #20
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Phoenix Symphony Hall, 1974

I remember

she came out on stage with a boa draped around her neck
and she said, "Ooooh Hellooooooo..... I....am....the Divine...Miss....M.....
and I've come to shake my tits...."

As soon as the house came down, she broke into this:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8s27g6bdpE"]YouTube- Bette Midler - Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy[/ame]

Another great 70's memory brought to you by Ol' Jet.