Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > FUN > The Fluffy Stuff: Flirting, Humor, Chat

Notices

Old 11-11-2009, 07:45 PM   #1
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 2,646 Times in 1,293 Posts
Jet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST Reputation
Default That 70s Thread

Anything about the 1970s as you remember them. I've always liked this thread and thought I'd start one here on the Planet. Think I'll kick things off with Bennie & The Jets....

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0WCQadt864"]YouTube- Elton John-Benny & the Jets[/ame]

....of course it has Jets.........................
Jet is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jet For This Useful Post:
Old 11-11-2009, 07:49 PM   #2
WolfyOne
Magically Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Gentle Butch
Relationship Status:
Single and content

Thanked 15,407 Times in 4,139 Posts
WolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST Reputation

Disco Lives
WolfyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WolfyOne For This Useful Post:
Old 11-11-2009, 07:59 PM   #3
atomiczombie

How Do You Identify?:
Femmesensual Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him, His
Relationship Status:
Dating

Thanked 3,221 Times in 757 Posts
atomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputation

I was born in 1970 so basically my memories of the 70s are all from a little kid's perspective.

I remember watching on T.V. Donny and Marie, The 6mil $ Man, Buck Rogers, Battle Star Galactica. MY parents listened to Neil Sedaka, the guy who sounded like a woman when he sang. My older brother was into Led Zepplin and Aerosmith. I liked those bands too. I remember coveting my brother's BMX bike. I wasn't allowed to have a boy's bike. -_- I also remember buying packs of firecrackers for 5 cents from a guy down the street. It's funny the things that make an impression on you when you are a kid.
atomiczombie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to atomiczombie For This Useful Post:
Old 11-11-2009, 08:03 PM   #4
WolfyOne
Magically Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Gentle Butch
Relationship Status:
Single and content

Thanked 15,407 Times in 4,139 Posts
WolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST Reputation

I was a trouble maker, ummm, I mean a teen in the 70's.
WolfyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to WolfyOne For This Useful Post:
Old 11-11-2009, 08:27 PM   #5
Novelafemme
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 8,925 Times in 1,834 Posts
Novelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST Reputation

(clears throat) um, I was born in 1973 But I remember banana bikes and pogo sticks...bell bottoms and Shazam. I miss terry cloth wrist bands and the fact that straight guys felt HAWT wearing daisy dukes.
Novelafemme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 09:04 AM   #6
TeaPartyTart

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
I think "cupcake" has a nice ring to it
Relationship Status:
shackin' up

TeaPartyTart Has the BEST ReputationTeaPartyTart Has the BEST ReputationTeaPartyTart Has the BEST ReputationTeaPartyTart Has the BEST ReputationTeaPartyTart Has the BEST ReputationTeaPartyTart Has the BEST ReputationTeaPartyTart Has the BEST ReputationTeaPartyTart Has the BEST ReputationTeaPartyTart Has the BEST ReputationTeaPartyTart Has the BEST ReputationTeaPartyTart Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novelafemme View Post
(clears throat) um, I was born in 1973 But I remember banana bikes and pogo sticks...bell bottoms and Shazam. I miss terry cloth wrist bands and the fact that straight guys felt HAWT wearing daisy dukes.
I'm right there with you (1972). I loved my Honeycomb license plate, big wheel and my goloshes that said "left, right'. I also loved, LOVED the Brady Bunch and remember every episode.
TeaPartyTart is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TeaPartyTart For This Useful Post:
Old 11-12-2009, 10:34 AM   #7
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Jet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST Reputation

I wore tie-dyed shirts
aviator glasses
shag haircut
elephant leg jeans
bear traps
and choker

I smoked hash and listened to a lot of Greg Allman

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpNOoq0kFds"]YouTube- Gregg Allman- Multi-Colored Lady[/ame]
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jet For This Useful Post:
Old 11-12-2009, 10:36 AM   #8
Eddie

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Don't matter
Relationship Status:
Meh

Location: Why is it hot in here and what am I doing in this hand basket
Eddie Has the BEST ReputationEddie Has the BEST ReputationEddie Has the BEST ReputationEddie Has the BEST ReputationEddie Has the BEST ReputationEddie Has the BEST ReputationEddie Has the BEST ReputationEddie Has the BEST ReputationEddie Has the BEST ReputationEddie Has the BEST ReputationEddie Has the BEST Reputation

I miss the golden shag carpet and the funky checkerboard wallpaper in the kitchen we had in the house.
Eddie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Eddie For This Useful Post:
Old 11-12-2009, 10:43 AM   #9
Softhearted

How Do You Identify?:
---
Preferred Pronoun?:
----
Relationship Status:
---

Softhearted Has the BEST ReputationSofthearted Has the BEST ReputationSofthearted Has the BEST ReputationSofthearted Has the BEST ReputationSofthearted Has the BEST ReputationSofthearted Has the BEST ReputationSofthearted Has the BEST ReputationSofthearted Has the BEST ReputationSofthearted Has the BEST ReputationSofthearted Has the BEST ReputationSofthearted Has the BEST Reputation

I was born in 1967 and I do remember the 1970's and especially the banana bikes!!!! and the TV serie C.H.I.P.S! My younger brother and I would ride our banana bikes and pretend we were CHIPS officer ! Good memories for me.
Softhearted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 10:45 AM   #10
Eddie

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Don't matter
Relationship Status:
Meh

Location: Why is it hot in here and what am I doing in this hand basket
Eddie Has the BEST ReputationEddie Has the BEST ReputationEddie Has the BEST ReputationEddie Has the BEST ReputationEddie Has the BEST ReputationEddie Has the BEST ReputationEddie Has the BEST ReputationEddie Has the BEST ReputationEddie Has the BEST ReputationEddie Has the BEST ReputationEddie Has the BEST Reputation

Also my Green Machine.
Eddie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Eddie For This Useful Post:
Old 11-12-2009, 11:02 AM   #11
Sweet_Pea

How Do You Identify?:
Feminine
Relationship Status:
Married

Sweet_Pea Has the BEST ReputationSweet_Pea Has the BEST ReputationSweet_Pea Has the BEST ReputationSweet_Pea Has the BEST ReputationSweet_Pea Has the BEST ReputationSweet_Pea Has the BEST ReputationSweet_Pea Has the BEST ReputationSweet_Pea Has the BEST ReputationSweet_Pea Has the BEST ReputationSweet_Pea Has the BEST ReputationSweet_Pea Has the BEST Reputation

I was born in 1978, so the best thing about the seventies to me is being born and the music!!! [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VepVTmfjutY"]YouTube- I Just Wanna Be Your Everything, Andy Gibb[/ame]
Old 11-12-2009, 07:44 PM   #12
Mister Bent

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 5,831 Times in 1,721 Posts
Mister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST Reputation

Born in the 70s! Damn you people make me feel old!

In 1974 I was 10, and in love with my older brother's 1970 Barracuda.

By 1976, it was Charlie's Angels - the start of my lifelong crush on Jaclyn Smith.

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.
- H. L. Mencken
Mister Bent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 09:31 AM   #13
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Great song from the 70s and prolly one of dozens that we partied to.
Born to Run was one of the hottest albums in '75
and
–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––– –––––
10th Avenue Freeze Out

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktliuvsPa4g"]YouTube- Bruce Springsteen - Tenth Avenue Freeze-Out[/ame]
Old 11-15-2009, 12:29 PM   #14
Soft*Silver
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 15,612 Times in 3,973 Posts
Soft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST Reputation

graduated in 1975
LOVED hash
hung out at a bar where a local biker gang hung out at
drank myself stupid every night. They took care of me because they knew my brother had just committed suicide in a very violent way
wore fringe jackets and Billy Jack hats
skinny dipped in the moonlight with other pot heads
watched the cranes at night in the quarries where we parked and fucked
listened to I can fly like an eagle while hotrodding down dirt country roads LONG before Starsky and Hutch was even a glimmer in some producer's eye
cant remember the music of the 70s until I hear it. Lots of black outs turned into memory loss...
made love in cornfields when the clover was in and the ground wasnt tore up yet
Burger King and McDonalds still served only beef and fish.
Barbie was queen
love beads died out and were replaced with mood rings
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Soft*Silver For This Useful Post:
Old 11-17-2009, 04:16 PM   #15
Dean Thoreau

How Do You Identify?:
Ftm - Male- exfemale
Preferred Pronoun?:
He’s Him
Relationship Status:
Has a gf

Dean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST Reputation

graduated in 71....USAF .......... yes dick was up for election..could vote at age 18 and drink at 18........watergate.........
we left viet nam..after saying good bye to many friends....
a nickel bag of pot was only 5 dollars and u could gey 10 joints out of it.....
(well that is what i heard)
gallon of gas was 33.9 cents there was a shortage it went up to 49......... i could drive home on my honda 360T (500 miles) with $5.25 there were tolls to pay.
MASH was new........TB remotes had a 10 foot wire that was attached to the Tv..they called them clickers..cause they made a click click sound.
Cable TV was just beginning.....
The Goddess was the bars to go to in NYC, and peaches n bonnie n clydes....had my first orgasm at the Goddess (the drink)....fell in love every saturday night........
calculators were called adding machines..

telephones started making a sound if you got one with buttons....
the end of 70's craze was telephone sound songs.....(dont ask)

You woke up in 1972 to a song called "the happiest girl in the whole USA"

and in 1974 you streaked............ a ll neekid n stuff

a computer in 1974 took up the size of house to hold what you can on that little flash drive today..........

and Apple meant a fruit you picked off a tree.
Old 11-17-2009, 04:32 PM   #16
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Great post Dean. I remember it all and I'm right behind ya, Class of '74 which I'll show in here in a minute
Old 11-17-2009, 04:45 PM   #17
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

I fell in love at 16 with a girl from another school. It ended in heartbreak when she told her parents about us and then went off to Vermillion to college. I drove a '66 cherry red Mustang my senior year and discovered the late Richard Brautigan. I smoked hash, did speed and mescalin and I went to the gay bar underaged every Saturday night until "Tank" the bouncer found out and banned us. It was a dark, seedy basement bar called "The Cave" and I always swore that if there was ever a fire, you'd never die from the blaze, you'd die from being trampled by queens in their high heels.

Some of the best times for me were in the 70s with great friends and concerts and parties. On my 30th reunion, I "outed" myself and no one batted an eye.

Isn't the passage of time amazing? Below, me at 16 and 52.

Old 11-17-2009, 05:00 PM   #18
Arwen
Joy Seeker

How Do You Identify?:
Smartly-Flavored
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Syzygy 1/9/14

Thanked 28,131 Times in 6,414 Posts
Arwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST Reputation

I was that folkie chick that hung out with the band geeks and the NHS nerds. I wore clogs and love beads and wished I'd been born early enough to participate in the 60's. (missed it by thatmuch and was born in '61).

I was a Harry Chapin groupie as much as I could be (went to three or four concerts) and cried the day he died (8/18/85 in case anyone cares.) I spent my summers jumping off a rope into the bayou or canoeing down that same bayou by myself to read books.

The 70's were Steely Dan and Linda Rondstadt. I'm still a folkie chick at heart.
Arwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 07:11 PM   #19
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Went to dances and concerts wearing
tie-dyed shirts and studs down my elephant bells
I remember smokin' hash and drinking
Bartels & James on a hot summer night listening to:

__________________________________________________ _______________________________________

Wet Willie and Grand Funk Railroad

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSQOeQakExU"]YouTube- Grand Funk Railroad - The Locomotion[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tg0BNTebcbY"]YouTube- Wet Willie Keep On Smiling[/ame]
Old 12-11-2009, 06:52 PM   #20
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Drinkin', hittin' and lovin her to Lady Blue
I was a hippie...diggin' Leon Russell

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xDyq_RcSo8"]YouTube- Leon Russell lady blue[/ame]
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jet For This Useful Post: