TruTexan

How Do You Identify?:
lesbian butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 5,268 Times in 1,633 Posts
TruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST Reputation
Default Breaking News Dallas Man Tests Positive for Ebola

In the news tonight( Sept. 30,2014) here in TX and across the US, an unidentified man that traveled from Liberia to Dallas Texas, arrived here on Sept. 20th, on Sept. 28th admitted to a Dallas hospital and tested POSITIVE for EBOLA VIRUS, and was put into Isolation.

This is some scary ass shit man......just my 2 cents.
Old 09-30-2014, 06:24 PM   #2
cricket26

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
must be love on the brain

Thanked 4,249 Times in 1,297 Posts
cricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputation

ok, i am not panicking yet...even the the patient is in the hospital where i had my daughter 26 years ago...

cricket26 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to cricket26 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-01-2014, 07:29 PM   #3
cricket26

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:

cricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputation

http://www.foxnews.com/health/2014/1...ebola-patient/

Old 10-02-2014, 10:08 AM   #4
nhplowboi

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
male pronouns
Relationship Status:
Good question.

Thanked 3,464 Times in 741 Posts
nhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputation

Okay, I'm starting to worry. We have gone from 12 contacts to 100 in two days. The story I am watching now is concerning. It addresses the family he was staying with. Personally, I think CDC should quarantine the whole family and the apartment should be decontaminated. Under the EBOLA circumstances, we should not address it in the usual US standards of, "Oh, let's not over react. We don't want to create hysteria. Don't worry the government, has everything under control.". We SHOULD over react! Really, all it is an inconvenience for a few. Compare that to what a lack of over reactiveness might cost us once the few turns into hundreds. I won't even address the fact this man was sent home by a hospital after his initial visit. THEN the CDC had to be contacted by a family member after his actual admission (not the hospital) because the hospital was still not reacting accordingly to the information they possessed.
nhplowboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 09:29 AM   #5
cricket26

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:

i live in the dallas area, and yes i live in dallas county...but i work in denton county...and yes i fear that commuting to another county may not be a great idea...ppl are nervous but not panicky yet...

as someone who is living in dallas county i can say life goes on as usual...some schools have been closed but that was due to power outages from a tornado...not ebola

the family has been moved to a gated home that has been "donated" there are some sources saying that the 5 students exposed are in the home as well...they are watching those who have been exposed very closely

the schools where the 5 children attend have extra custodial staff and extra medical staff to clean, disinfect and give medial care if needed

because the incubation period is 21 days, it will be at least 14 more days before we can be sure it has not spread to anyone else

thanks for listening

The Following User Says Thank You to cricket26 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-15-2014, 10:43 AM   #6
nhplowboi

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
male pronouns
Relationship Status:
Good question.

nhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputation

Okay.....I stand by my original post. I will carry it further to say that anyone who has been "exposed" should be quarantined. Look, now we have a nurse, flying around like she has been working in med/surg unit and is not contagious. This needs to be taken seriously. It is a contagion never before seen in this country. I am mortified how this hospital has handled the situation and failed to protect their staff. When a third world nation can provide better staff protection than the US what the hell does that say?!
Old 10-15-2014, 11:35 AM   #7
MsTinkerbelly
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:

Thanked 22,958 Times in 5,020 Posts
MsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhplowboi View Post
Okay.....I stand by my original post. I will carry it further to say that anyone who has been "exposed" should be quarantined. Look, now we have a nurse, flying around like she has been working in med/surg unit and is not contagious. This needs to be taken seriously. It is a contagion never before seen in this country. I am mortified how this hospital has handled the situation and failed to protect their staff. When a third world nation can provide better staff protection than the US what the hell does that say?!
I'm not sure why you think staff are protected better in other countries, as a great many of the cases of Ebola (and the deaths) have been health care workers!
MsTinkerbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 03:59 PM   #8
nhplowboi

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
male pronouns
Relationship Status:
Good question.

MsTinkerbelly......I did misspeak about the situation in Africa. I'm thinking of the news coverage that I have seen, showing workers in hazmat suits when dealing with Ebola patients. As you point out and now that I think more about it, this is most likely not the usual circumstance in Africa. My main point was...... the United States/Texas should have been much better prepared for this emergency. When you have staff trying to jerry-rig protective garb instead of providing them with an appropriate hazmat suit, I am appalled.
Old 10-15-2014, 04:51 PM   #9
TruTexan

How Do You Identify?:
lesbian butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 5,268 Times in 1,633 Posts
TruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST Reputation

Lets take this discussion to the thread MsTinkerbelly has provided for a discussion and not disrupt the flow of News thread. Sorry, but there has already been around 63 posts of discussion in the other thread, so please join us there to discuss instead of having it 2 places, lets have it in 1. Here's the link: Ebola Discussion