Okiebug61

How Do You Identify?:
Light Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Hitched to Red

Thanked 5,381 Times in 1,245 Posts
Okiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST Reputation
Default Oklahoma Bombing 20yr Anniversary

I will never forget where I was the morning of April 19th, 1995. The 7th floor of the Daily Oklahoman. Our building shook madly that morning, it was forceful enough that my all steal copy holder fell to the ground. We thought our building had been hit by something.

We then saw the black smoke coming from down town and the news helicopters were taking off. Within minutes they were broadcasting pictures from what would become the worst act of terrorism to date on US soil.

Every year they broadcast the memorial and the victims are honored. I hope this year will bring even more healing to those that were injured and to the many families that lost loved ones that day.

May the 168 victims be forever remembered and their lives always honored.

Peace,
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Okiebug61 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-19-2015, 08:02 AM   #2
cricket26

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
must be love on the brain

Thanked 4,250 Times in 1,297 Posts
cricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputation

thanks for the post i was already living in texas (i lived in okc for 3 years before texas) and was glued to the tv...i had small ones at home and the fact that it hit a daycare made me very emotional...i wanted to go and do something...i felt so helpless...firefighters from my town went to help with the daunting task of clean up and finding bodies...i went to their firehouse and each of them got a letter and a gift from me....

cricket26 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cricket26 For This Useful Post: