TruTexan

How Do You Identify?:
lesbian butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 5,268 Times in 1,633 Posts
TruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST Reputation
Default GM RECALLS 1.3M OLDER CARS FIRE HAZARD 10/25/2015

GM is recalling 1.3 million Older cars for FIRE HAZARD under the hood. Model years from 1997 to 2004 with a 3.8 liter V6 engine. As soon as I know more I will post which vehicles are under the recall.

VIDEO LINKYLOO
Old 11-01-2015, 10:44 PM   #2
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,586 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruTexan View Post
GM is recalling 1.3 million Older cars for FIRE HAZARD under the hood. Model years from 1997 to 2004 with a 3.8 liter V6 engine. As soon as I know more I will post which vehicles are under the recall.

VIDEO LINKYLOO
Thanks for the post tru!

Every time I see a recall I wonder when and how much did the car company know before they notified owners of the problem!
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 11-02-2015, 08:13 AM   #3
TruTexan

How Do You Identify?:
lesbian butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

TruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by homoe View Post
Thanks for the post tru!

Every time I see a recall I wonder when and how much did the car company know before they notified owners of the problem!
This recall is from an earlier recall they did on these cars that FAILED to fix the problem in the FIRST place. NOW they are scrambling to FIX IT AGAIN.
As soon as I know more information, I'll try and post it.

YOU can always go to SAFERCAR.GOV and type in your VIN(vehicle Identification Number) and do a search but at this time, the current Fire Hazard Recall is NOT listed on the NHTSA website so It probably won't pull it up but doesn't hurt to check your vin. You never know if you weren't notified of one.
Old 11-02-2015, 01:35 PM   #4
TruTexan

How Do You Identify?:
lesbian butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

From Fox News Radio with Eben Brown

Yet again, General Motors says they need to fix a bunch of cars they’ve manufactured and sold because they leak oil and pose a fire risk. Affected models are: 1997-2004 Pontiac Grand Prix, 2000-2004 Chevrolet Impala, 1998-1999 Chevrolet Lumina and 1998-2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo, 1998-1999 Oldsmobile Intrigue and 1997-2004 Buick Regal

FOX News Radio’s Eben Brown has more details:

FOX NEWS RADIO
GM Recalls 1.4 Million Cars Over Fire Risk

This will be the third time GM is asking drivers of about 1.4 million of their cars to bring vehicles in for service due to leaky oil that can catch fire, in some cases while in the garage.

The defect, mainly in Chevys but also discontinued Oldsmobiles, was first discovered in 2007. But two repair jobs since haven’t fixed the problem.

This recall comes as Fiat-Chrysler is calling back close to 200,000 Jeep SUVs and Dodge Pickups for fire hazards and broken rear axles. Though the company says the affected pickups are new models mostly still at dealer lots.

Eben Brown, FOX News Radio. LINK HERE