Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 10-20-2010, 06:56 PM   #21
LipstickLola

How Do You Identify?:
Happy
Preferred Pronoun?:
she

Thanked 1,597 Times in 433 Posts
LipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST Reputation

Happy Camper
Old 10-20-2010, 07:15 PM   #22
sinfulcindy

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
female pronouns if ya please!
Relationship Status:
not single

sinfulcindy Has the BEST Reputationsinfulcindy Has the BEST Reputationsinfulcindy Has the BEST Reputationsinfulcindy Has the BEST Reputationsinfulcindy Has the BEST Reputationsinfulcindy Has the BEST Reputationsinfulcindy Has the BEST Reputationsinfulcindy Has the BEST Reputationsinfulcindy Has the BEST Reputationsinfulcindy Has the BEST Reputationsinfulcindy Has the BEST Reputation
Smile Camping

Anyone know of any cool places
In N. TX???

Share your funny camping stories!!!

*spending weekends in the bleachers cheering the team on!!!! gotta love a good game!*
sinfulcindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 02:48 PM   #23
PearlsNLace

How Do You Identify?:
queer
Preferred Pronoun?:
They/Them & her/she
Relationship Status:
Lucky, very lucky

Thanked 1,286 Times in 315 Posts
PearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST Reputation

Does anyone know of a good place to camp around knoxville TN? Thanks.

AND your not alone. thetrevorproject.org
PearlsNLace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 02:57 PM   #24
lipstixgal

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
coupled

Thanked 1,690 Times in 1,064 Posts
lipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputation

Its so Lyme infested around here that I would not go camping in NJ/NY or CT I had it and it ruined me too tired and sick all the time with colds, flu and bronchitis no camping for me.
lipstixgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 03:43 PM   #25
Glenn

How Do You Identify?:
Northwest Wind and Lake Michigan
Preferred Pronoun?:
Paesano
Relationship Status:
Solo

Thanked 3,732 Times in 1,096 Posts
Glenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST Reputation

It's been great camping weather here in the National Indiana Lakeshore Dunes! I had a big fire last night, and there's no mosquitoes, plenty of fishing and beachcombing!
Glenn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Glenn For This Useful Post:
Old 10-22-2010, 04:24 PM   #26
JakeTulane
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Mr. Prickly Porcupine
Preferred Pronoun?:
Butch - Hy, Hym, Hys
Relationship Status:
She has softened My quills

Thanked 5,264 Times in 2,732 Posts
JakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST Reputation

The season is nearly over here in Upstate NY. Right now it is perfect during the day.. as far as temps. However, at night.. the sleeping is pretty cold. Good weather for a fire... however, when is it not good weather for that? I have tried Winter camping a couple of times.. let us just say.. all it took was a couple of times.. and I am just able to say I did it.. and remember the experience well. laughs.

I can not wait for next season. One of My favorite spots here is up near the Alexandria Bay area.. and also a place called Black Lake in the Adirondacks. I used to go there alot when I was young with My maternal grandparents.

Which reminds Me of a funny camping story. The first fish I ever caught was a Northern Pike. Now mind you they are large and have sharp pointed teeth. We (My grandparents and My aunt and uncle) were fishing on a bass boat. Which as we all know are pretty level to the top of the water. I hooked that fish on a fake worm and was trying to reel it in.. and as fast as I went.. it would pull more line out.. finally I hollared to My gramps and asked him to help (I seriously thought this fish was going to pull Me out of the boat).. My gramps.. just said "you landed it, you have to reel it in". Well My gram was nonplussed and said "Joe, that fish is going to take her overboard" and gave him the "look". Finally, he came over to help Me. However, by the time he did I had it nearly to the side of the boat. That is one of My fondest memories of camping when I was young and also one of the funniest.
JakeTulane is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JakeTulane For This Useful Post:
Old 10-22-2010, 05:14 PM   #27
roy g biv

How Do You Identify?:
he she
Preferred Pronoun?:
he she
Relationship Status:
me

roy g biv Has the BEST Reputationroy g biv Has the BEST Reputationroy g biv Has the BEST Reputationroy g biv Has the BEST Reputationroy g biv Has the BEST Reputationroy g biv Has the BEST Reputationroy g biv Has the BEST Reputationroy g biv Has the BEST Reputationroy g biv Has the BEST Reputationroy g biv Has the BEST Reputationroy g biv Has the BEST Reputation

My niece said she will sell me her RV when she gets sick of it.

Meanwhile, I sleep in my car when I take a trip. I took out the back seat and put in a Serta Perfect Sleeper, no kidding. Recently I took out my front passenger seat and put in a camping toilet. I assembled a tent-like apparatus inside the car which I can easily disassemble in order to drive. All this inside of a tiny Honda Civic. I have slept in the country, cities, towns, highways.
roy g biv is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to roy g biv For This Useful Post:
Old 10-22-2010, 05:28 PM   #28
roy g biv

How Do You Identify?:
he she
Preferred Pronoun?:
he she
Relationship Status:
me

roy g biv Has the BEST Reputationroy g biv Has the BEST Reputationroy g biv Has the BEST Reputationroy g biv Has the BEST Reputationroy g biv Has the BEST Reputationroy g biv Has the BEST Reputationroy g biv Has the BEST Reputationroy g biv Has the BEST Reputationroy g biv Has the BEST Reputationroy g biv Has the BEST Reputationroy g biv Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinfulcindy View Post
Anyone like to camp? Rv'ing?
Rainbow Ranch?
What is Rainbow Ranch?
roy g biv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 05:44 PM   #29
katsarecool

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Woman
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 1,765 Times in 734 Posts
katsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by PearlsNLace View Post
Does anyone know of a good place to camp around knoxville TN? Thanks. .
I do not have a good grasp of of your state so please forgive me if I get this wrong. Western NC and North East Georgia have hundreds of good camp sites most along the Blue Ridge and Smokie Mountains!!! Literally hundreds of state and national parks. Just have to hide your food up on the pole though. The black bears are thieves! Have you ever walked the Applachian Trail? Not sure how far that is from Knoxville though. It is the perfect time for camping in this area and I would give anything to find some camping buddies and hit the road for campfire, fishing, ghost stories and Somemores fun!!!
Old 10-22-2010, 09:58 PM   #30
sinfulcindy

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
not single

sinfulcindy Has the BEST Reputationsinfulcindy Has the BEST Reputationsinfulcindy Has the BEST Reputationsinfulcindy Has the BEST Reputationsinfulcindy Has the BEST Reputationsinfulcindy Has the BEST Reputationsinfulcindy Has the BEST Reputationsinfulcindy Has the BEST Reputationsinfulcindy Has the BEST Reputationsinfulcindy Has the BEST Reputationsinfulcindy Has the BEST Reputation
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by roy g biv View Post
What is Rainbow Ranch?
Rainbow Ranch is I think 2-4hrs south
Of Dallas,TX it's outside if Grosbeck(not
Sure on the spelling!!)

It's family owned and operated so fun
Always something going on there!!
Just a happy kind of place!!!

*spending weekends in the bleachers cheering the team on!!!! gotta love a good game!*
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sinfulcindy For This Useful Post:
Old 10-22-2010, 10:02 PM   #31
sinfulcindy

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
not single

Wink Camping

Quote:
Originally Posted by popcorninthesofa View Post
It's been great camping weather here in the National Indiana Lakeshore Dunes! I had a big fire last night, and there's no mosquitoes, plenty of fishing and beachcombing!
Beachcombing?????

In Indiana??? I grew up in Sounthern CA!
And there are beaches there!! *grinning*

The Following User Says Thank You to sinfulcindy For This Useful Post:
Old 10-25-2010, 08:38 PM   #32
Blade
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
TG
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
once in a while someone amazing comes along...and here I am!

Thanked 14,399 Times in 4,049 Posts
Blade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by PearlsNLace View Post
Does anyone know of a good place to camp around knoxville TN? Thanks.

Indian Boundary

Bald River Falls

Chilhowee

The best way to predict the future, is to create it.
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 08:51 PM   #33
Bard
Family Man

How Do You Identify?:
TG Male
Preferred Pronoun?:
Masculine ones
Relationship Status:
She just gets me

Thanked 12,786 Times in 2,431 Posts
Bard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST Reputation

Camping is always a good time tents in the summer cabins in the winter the places in old forge are amazing. my girl and my kiddo both indulge me in this heck I make a good campfire to next trip is planned for my birthday
And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

Give yourself over to absolute pleasure. Swim the warm waters of sins of the flesh - erotic nightmares beyond any measure, and sensual daydreams to treasure forever. Can't you just see it? Don't dream it, be it.
Bard is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bard For This Useful Post:
Old 10-25-2010, 08:55 PM   #34
WhiteTigress

How Do You Identify?:
Femme, somewhat high maintenance
Preferred Pronoun?:
She. There should be no doubt!

WhiteTigress Has the BEST ReputationWhiteTigress Has the BEST ReputationWhiteTigress Has the BEST ReputationWhiteTigress Has the BEST ReputationWhiteTigress Has the BEST ReputationWhiteTigress Has the BEST ReputationWhiteTigress Has the BEST ReputationWhiteTigress Has the BEST ReputationWhiteTigress Has the BEST ReputationWhiteTigress Has the BEST ReputationWhiteTigress Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessbelle View Post
And of course a car battery friendly curling iron is a must.
PB,

Why haven't you found out about butane powered curling and straightening irons. I have several curlers (one in my travel bag, one in the bathroom, one at the office...) and one straightener. Their made by Conair. They use replaceable thermacells.

WT
WhiteTigress is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to WhiteTigress For This Useful Post:
Old 10-25-2010, 09:08 PM   #35
WhiteTigress

How Do You Identify?:
Femme, somewhat high maintenance
Preferred Pronoun?:
She. There should be no doubt!

WhiteTigress Has the BEST ReputationWhiteTigress Has the BEST ReputationWhiteTigress Has the BEST ReputationWhiteTigress Has the BEST ReputationWhiteTigress Has the BEST ReputationWhiteTigress Has the BEST ReputationWhiteTigress Has the BEST ReputationWhiteTigress Has the BEST ReputationWhiteTigress Has the BEST ReputationWhiteTigress Has the BEST ReputationWhiteTigress Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinfulcindy View Post
Rainbow Ranch is I think 2-4hrs south
Of Dallas,TX it's outside if Grosbeck(not
Sure on the spelling!!)

It's family owned and operated so fun
Always something going on there!!
Just a happy kind of place!!!
It's about 3 hours outside of Dallas. Yes, in Groesbeck area. Takes about 4 hours to drive from Houston. We've stayed there in a cabin once, in the summer, and twice in a truck-mounted tent. I bring all the luxuries. The tent is custom fitted to the truck, and the mattress fits around the wheel-wells. I bring a pop-up canopy, and we place it over the picnic table they provide for each site. I bring thermo-electric coolers, real dishes, totes that convert to sink basins, lanterns, a dining table, chairs, battery-operated candles, music, etc. We have candle-lit dinners. Sound kinda nice for camping, huh?

I've also got a 8'x16' regular tent, a queen-size air mattress that takes sheets just like a regular bed. I bring all the other things listed above, plus carpeting for the inside of the tent, 400 thread-count sheets, comforter, equipment to make a nightstand and drawer for my things...

Oh, and I forgot that I rig-up a window unit A/C into the regular tent, when the weather is warmer. We've even built a privacy screen and our own "kitty-litter" powered porta-privvy.

We don't suffer much when we camp.

WT
WhiteTigress is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WhiteTigress For This Useful Post:
Old 08-08-2011, 05:07 AM   #36
jelli

How Do You Identify?:
Femmilicious
Preferred Pronoun?:
*she*
Relationship Status:
And you said I wasn’t your type!!!

Thanked 1,079 Times in 377 Posts
jelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputation
Default *bump*

Anyone planing on any camping trips?

We just went camping/kayaking for a week @ New River State Park in NC. Hoping to do some fall wknd trips.

“Sometimes we make the right decision; sometimes we make the decision right.”

“Every conflict is a lesson in self-discovery for both of us. Sometimes it's only hindsight that makes it worth it. For you, I would do it all again.“
jelli is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jelli For This Useful Post:
Old 08-08-2011, 06:52 AM   #37
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,863 Times in 7,834 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation

Camping! I must have forgotten about this thread

Jack and I love to camp but had to sell our trailer before we moved from Los Angeles. It was a 24-foot Fleetwood and we loved taking it out and enjoying nice weekends at the lake. We've decided that we won't buy another trailer for a while so I've been working on building up our camping equipment.

This weekend I went yard-saling with Riverboi and picked up a Coleman "Powerhouse" lantern for $5!! These are usually in the $100 range so I was tickled about it! Also picked up a screened enclosure to put over the picnic table area to keep out the mosquitos at Sam's a few weeks ago and have lots of other gear already.

I have several sizes of dutch ovens and have practiced making different things in them over the years. CAN'T WAIT for cooler weather so we can make fires and cook and fish!!
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 08-08-2011, 07:11 AM   #38
jelli

How Do You Identify?:
Femmilicious
Preferred Pronoun?:
*she*
Relationship Status:
And you said I wasn’t your type!!!

Thanked 1,079 Times in 377 Posts
jelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
Camping! I must have forgotten about this thread

Jack and I love to camp but had to sell our trailer before we moved from Los Angeles. It was a 24-foot Fleetwood and we loved taking it out and enjoying nice weekends at the lake. We've decided that we won't buy another trailer for a while so I've been working on building up our camping equipment.

This weekend I went yard-saling with Riverboi and picked up a Coleman "Powerhouse" lantern for $5!! These are usually in the $100 range so I was tickled about it! Also picked up a screened enclosure to put over the picnic table area to keep out the mosquitos at Sam's a few weeks ago and have lots of other gear already.

I have several sizes of dutch ovens and have practiced making different things in them over the years. CAN'T WAIT for cooler weather so we can make fires and cook and fish!!
We only tent camp, but have talked of a camper when it finally hurt to get off our bed on the tent floor. lol

Dutch Oven recipes... for the love of all things glittery do I have the hook up. We have not been disappointed with one recipe yet.

http://papadutch.home.comcast.net/~p...es.htm#Recipes

“Sometimes we make the right decision; sometimes we make the decision right.”

“Every conflict is a lesson in self-discovery for both of us. Sometimes it's only hindsight that makes it worth it. For you, I would do it all again.“
jelli is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jelli For This Useful Post:
Old 08-08-2011, 07:40 AM   #39
hachiebutch

How Do You Identify?:
Butch

hachiebutch is on a distinguished road
Default Camping!!!

Rainbow Ranch in Grosebeck,TX has a
Women's weekend the 3rd weekend
Of September!

We have alot of family there with our