How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Thanked 27,013 Times in 5,082 Posts
GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
Speaking of hokey, I watched a Christmas movie on Netflix today.
I bookmarked a Netflix Christmas movie that I want to see. I think it will just hit the spot for "awwwwww" moments and smarminess. I need some of that right now. It's named _Holidate_, and it's in the Top 10 movies for today on Netflix. Guess lots of other people in this country could use some "awwwwww".

On a totally different vibe, I just watched the first two episodes of _Ratched_ on Netflix. So well done! This neo-noir psychological thriller is about Nurse Ratched (from _One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest_) in her early days. It has a very _American Horror Story_ feel, which makes sense as a lot of the same creators and artists are involved in this project. And the sets and outfits are delicious eye candy!

It's been so lonely without you here
Like a bird without a song
Nothing can stop these lonely tears from falling . . .
'Cause nothing compares, nothing compares 2 U

- Prince
GeorgiaMa'am is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 11-09-2020, 08:28 AM   #942
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaMa'am View Post
I bookmarked a Netflix Christmas movie that I want to see. I think it will just hit the spot for "awwwwww" moments and smarminess. I need some of that right now. It's named _Holidate_, and it's in the Top 10 movies for today on Netflix. Guess lots of other people in this country could use some "awwwwww".

On a totally different vibe, I just watched the first two episodes of _Ratched_ on Netflix. So well done! This neo-noir psychological thriller is about Nurse Ratched (from _One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest_) in her early days. It has a very _American Horror Story_ feel, which makes sense as a lot of the same creators and artists are involved in this project. And the sets and outfits are delicious eye candy!
I saw the ads for Ratched and agree that it seems to have a very AHS feel to it.

I saw Holidate and it was really well done. Emma Roberts is good and it's got enough holidays in it to choke a horse. It's also NOT in the style of Hallmark so it's more relatable, I feel. I hope you like it!

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 11-11-2020, 04:31 PM   #943
Lecheloco

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Masculine preferred
Relationship Status:
Happy as is, but a date would be nice

Thanked 1,975 Times in 633 Posts
Lecheloco Has the BEST ReputationLecheloco Has the BEST ReputationLecheloco Has the BEST ReputationLecheloco Has the BEST ReputationLecheloco Has the BEST ReputationLecheloco Has the BEST ReputationLecheloco Has the BEST ReputationLecheloco Has the BEST ReputationLecheloco Has the BEST ReputationLecheloco Has the BEST ReputationLecheloco Has the BEST Reputation

I”ve been binge watching criminal minds
Going to watch queens gambit also
Lecheloco is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Lecheloco For This Useful Post:
Old 11-12-2020, 07:40 AM   #944
C0LLETTE
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Depends on the day.
Preferred Pronoun?:
"I" and "we"
Relationship Status:
Very good. Thank you for asking.

Thanked 15,265 Times in 4,345 Posts
C0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Speaking of hokey, I watched a Christmas movie on Netflix today.
I misread that and thought you wanted to discuss hockey. Personally, I'd rather discuss soccer.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to C0LLETTE For This Useful Post:
Old 11-12-2020, 11:01 AM   #945
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by C0LLETTE View Post
I misread that and thought you wanted to discuss hockey. Personally, I'd rather discuss soccer.
Nah, I'm not really into balls anymore.

Last night, I got hooked on Dash & Lily and watched the whole series in one night. To be fair, there are only 8 episodes and each of them is less than half an hour long but I finished it very quickly. I was a bit disappointed that there wasn't more but with the storyline, there really wasn't anywhere else to take the story without feeling forced and/or contrived. It was so adorable and I completely related to the weird teenager vibe. I've carried that vibe with me since birth, I think. Oh, and Fred Savage directed half of the episodes. I loved that.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 11-12-2020, 12:35 PM   #946
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Thanked 31,926 Times in 9,907 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Nah, I'm not really into balls anymore.

Last night, I got hooked on Dash & Lily and watched the whole series in one night. To be fair, there are only 8 episodes and each of them is less than half an hour long but I finished it very quickly. I was a bit disappointed that there wasn't more but with the storyline, there really wasn't anywhere else to take the story without feeling forced and/or contrived. It was so adorable and I completely related to the weird teenager vibe. I've carried that vibe with me since birth, I think. Oh, and Fred Savage directed half of the episodes. I loved that.

My two sons and I really liked The Wonder Years. Glad to hear that Fred Savage is still around. Thanks for sharing about Dash & Lily!

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 11-13-2020, 01:21 PM   #947
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Thanked 31,926 Times in 9,907 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation
Default HBO Docuseries: Murder On Middle Beach

What started as classroom film project is now being shown on HBO, by a first time documentary director.

Here is a link to the story on ABC news: https://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment..._headlines_hed

It airs this Sunday, first in a four part series.

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 11-13-2020, 04:17 PM   #948
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,587 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation
Default And for us who were fans of Big Little Lies......

~~~
Big Little Lies Season 3 is unlikely, but possible.

Last year, the show's creator David E. Kelley said that there's "no such plan" for another season, but Nicole Kidman says she and Reese Witherspoon are "exploring" the idea...
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 11-13-2020, 06:16 PM   #949
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Last night, I got hooked on Dash & Lily and watched the whole series in one night.
I finally watched the first episode of _Dash & Lily_ because Netflix keeps throwing it at me. Cute! This will be my Christmas "hokey" escape.

- Prince
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 11-17-2020, 05:45 PM   #950
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Thanked 15,382 Times in 2,541 Posts
Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Tin Star

A bit of everything, it is loosely related to Canada, England, cops, family, oil companies, shady pasts, and violence. Every episode seems to have some creepy, some sadness, omg wow, a wtf???, and an amusing bit.

Entertaining, Prime.

Kelt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 11-19-2020, 09:42 AM   #951
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

I watched the first four episodes of _Gentefied_ on Netflix. I wasn't sure I could get into it, but I seem to be stuck now. It's about a Mexican-American family and their family restaurant. Lots of cooking in this show, which I usually like. Lots of family drama, which I sometimes like. Not as funny as I had hoped.

- Prince
Old 11-19-2020, 11:07 AM   #952
dark_crystal
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
jenny
Preferred Pronoun?:
babygirl
Relationship Status:
First Lady of the United SMH

Thanked 26,587 Times in 4,690 Posts
dark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputation

We have been watching IN THE DARK, i think it is on HBO. To me it is a little like FLEABAG with a blind lady.

I am not sure it is that great or if i just really love looking at Perry Mattfeld (the main character, Murphy). She looks a LOT like Jennifer Aniston, but edgier?

Also, the best friend/roommate is a lesbian and the show does a nice job with her character. She is played by Brooke Markham, who is full-figured, which is never mentioned. Love that.
Old 11-21-2020, 10:34 AM   #953
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaMa'am View Post
I watched the first four episodes of _Gentefied_ on Netflix. I wasn't sure I could get into it, but I seem to be stuck now. It's about a Mexican-American family and their family restaurant. Lots of cooking in this show, which I usually like. Lots of family drama, which I sometimes like. Not as funny as I had hoped.
I finished _Gentefied_. It actually turned out to be pretty good - I binged the last four episodes. It just took me awhile to get into it. Also, they just got renewed for a second season!

Just started watching _Atypical_ on Netflix. I'm only partway into episode 2, but I can tell this is going to be a good one! Heartfelt, good ensemble cast, and funny!

- Prince
Old 11-21-2020, 04:53 PM   #954
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation
Default ACORN........

LOVE, LIES & RECORDS

Emmy® nominee Ashley Jensen (Agatha Raisin) stars in this heartwarming drama about a register office, where people record births, marriages, and deaths. Registrar Kate Dickenson juggles a hectic home life while dealing with the emotional toll of her job--and contends with a jealous colleague who could jeopardize her career and relationships.

We binged this, as it's only 6 poolsides, and loved it!

No word if there is going to be a season 2 or not as of yet!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 11-21-2020, 08:37 PM   #955
Bèsame*
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femm
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
☀️☀️☀️

Thanked 39,475 Times in 10,186 Posts
Bèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST Reputation

Catching up on my regular stuff.

This Is Us...wearing masks.
I've noticed commercials with masks, even a few Holiday ones.

I started Dash&Lily..so cute!

A kiss is a whisper in your mouth.
Can I borrow a kiss? I promise to give it back.
Bèsame* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bèsame* For This Useful Post:
Old 11-22-2020, 05:18 PM   #956
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I recently discovered an app that I find helpful so I thought I would share it, Just Watch is a one stop search app for a wide variety of streaming services. I just search for the title I’m looking for and it lists where it can be found and whether or not there may be associated costs or free trials available.

This led me to my second discovery and that is that through Amazon prime I can do temporary subscriptions to other services “channels“ and manage subscriptions from there. I wanted to see something on Showtime and used a seven day free trial for that. Of course, that led me to see what some of the other offerings there were and now I am subscribing for one month to catch up on a couple of things.

It’s very possible that all this is stuff that everybody else has known for ages but it’s new to me and very helpful.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 11-25-2020, 02:54 PM   #957
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 34,013 Times in 8,560 Posts
Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation

I binge watched The Queen’s Gambit on Netflix a couple days ago. What a great series. I wasn’t expecting it to be as good as it was. There were so many opportunities for it to be a train wreck and instead it exceeded my expectations.

I sat down to watch one episode and four hours later I was still watching the series. It was easy to gobble up in two days. I love when images and voices stay with me after I’ve watched something good...

Great job done by all and I look forward to seeing it again.
Orema is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 11-30-2020, 06:56 PM   #958
Bèsame*
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femm
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
☀️☀️☀️

Thanked 39,475 Times in 10,186 Posts
Bèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orema View Post
I binge watched The Queen’s Gambit on Netflix a couple days ago. What a great series. I wasn’t expecting it to be as good as it was. There were so many opportunities for it to be a train wreck and instead it exceeded my expectations.

I sat down to watch one episode and four hours later I was still watching the series. It was easy to gobble up in two days. I love when images and voices stay with me after I’ve watched something good...

Great job done by all and I look forward to seeing it again.
I just finished this. I had so many friends talk about it.
The acting. The music. The set designs. And the fashions !! Very good😉

A kiss is a whisper in your mouth.
Can I borrow a kiss? I promise to give it back.
Bèsame* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bèsame* For This Useful Post:
Old 11-30-2020, 08:05 PM   #959
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Member Photo Albums

Billions, watched the first few seasons a while back, financial soap opera, just caught up on the last two seasons on Showtime.

Now watching Transparent which I never saw any of before. When everyone was seeing it a few years ago I was too busy with other things. Really enjoying it now, 3 episodes in. Prime.
The Following User Says Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 12-01-2020, 07:19 AM   #960
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Default The conclusion of the Undoing......

What a great courtroom testifying ending.....

If ONLY the book that it was based on, You Should Of Known was half as good