Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Support: Abuse, Addiction, Coping

Old 11-11-2009, 08:20 PM   #1
LeftWriteFemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Daddy's good girl

Thanked 12,325 Times in 5,198 Posts
LeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST Reputation
Cool Friends of Bill W.

Urban Dictionary

Friend of Bill W.

A member of Alcoholics Anonymous (AA) and therefore (usually) a recovering alcoholic. Derived from the name of Bill Wilson (Bill W.), one of the founding members of (AA).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I hope this will be a place that all members of the recovering community will feel welcome here and will post at will!

Yours in service,

Sherrie
LeftWriteFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to LeftWriteFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 11-11-2009, 08:24 PM   #2
Tommi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Usually "Hello"
Relationship Status:
Married and Bound to Tommi's kaijira (Ts_kaijira )

1 Highscore

Location: Suthun.... California that is. Across the ridge from Laguna Beach.
Thanked 21,338 Times in 5,968 Posts
Tommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default Bringing the light to the Planet

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeftWriteFemme View Post
Urban Dictionary

Friend of Bill W.

A member of Alcoholics Anonymous (AA) and therefore (usually) a recovering alcoholic. Derived from the name of Bill Wilson (Bill W.), one of the founding members of (AA).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I hope this will be a place that all members of the recovering community will feel welcome here and will post at will!

Yours in service,

Sherrie

A most welcome thread. Thank you for carrying that light across the planet. Looking forward to your inspirational posts and the sharing, caring , and meeting other Friends of Bill.
Tommi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Tommi For This Useful Post:
Old 11-12-2009, 05:18 AM   #3
LeftWriteFemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Daddy's good girl

LeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST Reputation

November 12

EIGHT MISTAKES CLOSER

I am eight mistakes closer to perfection. As long as I fall forward, progress is being made. I fail meticulously toward my goal, more cannot be asked. Loss, pain, frustration are strong teachers and great motivators. I suck each splinter for knowledge, extracting juice from every fragment for information. In spite of sprains and strains, I have stretched, attaining almost my full height. Growth is a wonderful thing, though cost is always involved. Mistakes are an unavoidable price but well worth the expense. They are an expense that pays dividends, dividends that move me toward perfection.

Stretch your body, flex your mind.

Sherrie
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LeftWriteFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 11-12-2009, 07:46 AM   #4
Greyson
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transmasculine/Non-Binary
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hy (Pronounced He)
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 8,165 Times in 2,007 Posts
Greyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST Reputation

Good morning Sherri, Tommi. Yes, I stalk your words of wisdom here too. You may have noticed, I and our community really needs this light. Thanks again Sherri.
Greyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 08:22 AM   #5
Tommi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Usually "Hello"
Relationship Status:

1 Highscore

Tommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default The light is on.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyson View Post
Good morning Sherri, Tommi. Yes, I stalk your words of wisdom here too. You may have noticed, I and our community really needs this light. Thanks again Sherri.
Good Morning Greyson and Lefty, ,
I too look for the words displayed which seem to magically apply to my day, or memories of the past.

I like to apply just one thing from those daily posts. Sometimes, I take away a mental bumper sticker. Sometimes, I print them, fold them up and carry them in my pocket, and read to remind myself there is more to life than the daily drama of the world.

Keep coming back, it works if you work it....

HAPPY NOVEMBER
Old 11-13-2009, 03:13 AM   #6
Soft*Silver
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 15,565 Times in 3,960 Posts
Soft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST Reputation

Ahhh..here is the thread I wanted!
Today is my one year anniversary. I had 19 years but gave it up a year ago. Drank worse than I ever did ... and actually should have been in the ER. Its true..the disease doesnt stop just because you dont drink. Anyways, I am now 1 year clean and sober and am actually glad I drank..it broke what needed to be broken for it to heal the right way...
Old 11-13-2009, 05:23 AM   #7
LeftWriteFemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Daddy's good girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by softness View Post
Today is my one year anniversary. I had 19 years but gave it up a year ago. Drank worse than I ever did ... and actually should have been in the ER. Its true..the disease doesnt stop just because you dont drink. Anyways, I am now 1 year clean and sober and am actually glad I drank..it broke what needed to be broken for it to heal the right way...

So glad you made it back!!! Happy anniversary!!!! Have a great day!
Old 11-13-2009, 05:25 AM   #8
LeftWriteFemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Daddy's good girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyson View Post

Greyson, thank you so much! I am so happy to be of service to the community which carries me to this life I could never have even known to ask for. I am so glad you're here! How was the Round Up??

Sherrie
Old 11-13-2009, 05:27 AM   #9
LeftWriteFemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Daddy's good girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommi View Post
Good Morning Greyson and Lefty, ,
I too look for the words displayed which seem to magically apply to my day, or memories of the past.

I like to apply just one thing from those daily posts. Sometimes, I take away a mental bumper sticker. Sometimes, I print them, fold them up and carry them in my pocket, and read to remind myself there is more to life than the daily drama of the world.

Keep coming back, it works if you work it....

HAPPY NOVEMBER
Thank you, Daddy! You've read me so long and so well that you know me inside and out, I can not think of a greater gift! It warms my heart that you carry part of me with you everyday!.

love,

the girl
Old 11-13-2009, 06:26 AM   #10
Tommi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Usually "Hello"
Relationship Status:

1 Highscore

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by softness View Post

HAAPPPPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOUUUUUUU
HAPPPY BIRTHDaaaaaayyyyy Dear softness

HAPPppppp Birrrtthday to Youuuuuuuuuuuu

_1_
l l
l l
l__l
Old 11-14-2009, 08:55 AM   #11
LeftWriteFemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Daddy's good girl

November 14

THREE TOYS FLOATING

I bat the ducks across the surface of my bath. Soaking is supposed to calm me. I’m waiting. I assure you my impatience is no help to this process. These yellow, tub-bound misfits grinning at me don’t fill me with the joy of living, either. I have blown bubbles until I’m blue. I smell like a French elevator from the bath oils. My hair is stiff with conditioner; my face packed with mud. “Do the right thing," said my sponsor. She is such a pain. Here I am bubble bath to my armpits, and not a hint of peace. Her question rings, “What do you want?” But isn’t it obvious? If I knew that, what would I be doing wrinkling in this swilling vat? I wouldn’t. I would be out doing my ‘thing’, whatever that ‘thing’ is. How I’m going to figure myself out I don’t know. And ‘she’ is no help, (you know who ‘she’ is, she the sponsor lady)
So what do I want?
World peace.
A clue.
Maybe just a hint.
But I know part of it. I know more than I admit.
I want sobriety and happiness, dignity and respect, enough time to do these things, and love.
“Well," says she, “those things are easy. Work the steps, then the traditions; practice them, do service, and take the advice you give to your own sponsees.”
I stick out my tongue in her general direction.

Creep toward the unknown.
Old 11-15-2009, 06:02 AM   #12
LeftWriteFemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Daddy's good girl

November 15

DESERVING

Tender toes crushed by moving memories, fresh pain from ancient injuries, shock incurred from these lifeless reminiscences. Unhappy reconstructions slap unsuspecting faces. The people, who stood by to let the chips fall where they may, try to feign 'innocent bystander' now that shit is falling from the sky. Unexposed skin will burn when the flames leap high. Idiotic excuses will not retard the fire of injustice coming to call. Too late tears carry no freight with the past recipients of the it all runs down hill award. Cowards make themselves cripples and fracture at the force of incoming reality, and deserve more than they get.

Once well is a full feeling.
Old 11-16-2009, 05:08 AM   #13
LeftWriteFemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Daddy's good girl

November 16

DOWN THE UPSIDE

On the downside of a rising star there is too much fear. Anticipation is recommended for ascent, delight should be encouraged, but all out alarm is usually sounded whether it is needed or not. Panic dims the shining pleasure of mounting the sky. Refuting celestial status, denying astral projection, I renounce myself. Attaining height, my position in space is apparent to bystanders and onlookers. I need to ride the comet and accept fate, my nemesis. Fortune shines on me, I should not squint away kismet.

Expand your spiritual muscle.
Old 11-17-2009, 04:47 AM   #14
LeftWriteFemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Daddy's good girl

November 17

TIMELY

Spend a minute to rub the sleep gently from your eyes.
Spend an hour smoothing lotion from one end to the other.
Spend a day in tribute to the gifts you give and gifts given you.
Spend a week researching your goals, dreams and hopes.
Spend a month routing energy to a viable flow.
Spend a year studying truth.
Spend a life living it.
Your life is worth all the time you have.
Take it.

Balance doubt and dreams.
Old 11-18-2009, 05:39 AM   #15
LeftWriteFemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Daddy's good girl

November 18

MAIL FRAUD

The open envelope betrays the tampering I suspect. Too bad my critics are snooping, not my supporters. When they are finished tearing open my mail, they tear me apart as well. Shredded, I feel unable to handle further correspondence. I shut down communications. There is no channel for benefactors to travel. My champions are at a loss to defend me from my opponents; the struggle flounders. Misunderstanding the meaning of messages, I have been mocked and enslaved. I would love to vanquish my foes, but you see I am opening my own mail.

Ask often all the questions.
The Following User Says Thank You to LeftWriteFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 11-19-2009, 05:09 AM   #16
LeftWriteFemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Daddy's good girl

November 19

DRIVEWAY TIME

Layer after layer of blue stack the sky, the moon risen and the sun dipping away. I wait for the twin lights, the constellation of headlights---my ride to the meeting. It will be the entry vehicle to a world of population, leaving behind the galaxy of me, the single star. I stand silent and the feeling of fellowship carries the miles. Laughter flies the winds of memory and all the old jokes of truth and tribute are fresh and abide with me until the car arrives and we make it all new again.

Ride a horse to a pony show.
Old 11-20-2009, 05:19 AM   #17
LeftWriteFemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Daddy's good girl

November 20

NUZZLE’S OFFERING

Like a vegan kitten who wrestles long tailed leaves and twigs, subduing them and dragging these prizes to the feet of human parents, I fight paper tigers and bring the tatters as tribute to my Higher Power. These bloodless battles are pure practice; future wars may not be as clean. I can not enlist my God to fight these skirmishes; I would never believe in one that I could. I accept Deus as creator and cheerleader, but champion, no. Foliage and foes are mine to fight. The spoils, I bring back for pats on the head and bragging.

Talk to things other than people.
Old 11-20-2009, 08:35 AM   #18
Tommi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Usually "Hello"
Relationship Status:

1 Highscore

Member Photo Albums

Saw this early AM post and smiled, knowing form and function, tarry then race. Wait and it will come.

Rested in that trust, and it came. Daily I see, touch and taste the miracle of my existence. I listen to the thoughts that dash about, sputtering and spewing, whistling and cooing.

Clouds come by and I may cry. Sunlight breaks and I know why.

The Following User Says Thank You to Tommi For This Useful Post:
Old 11-21-2009, 06:09 AM   #19
Tommi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Usually "Hello"
Relationship Status:

1 Highscore

Member Photo Albums
Default 46th International Women's Conference Orlando, 2/11-2/14/2010

Welcome to the 46th International Women's Conference
February 11-14, 2010

Orlando, Fl
IWC Mission Statement

The International Women's Conference is a bridge to a better understanding of the Alcoholics Anonymous philosophy and way of life because of our special needs in sobriety as women. We, as women members of Alcoholics Anonymous, are survivors. We have found a way to obtain meaning, depth, and responsibility in our lives. This came about out of desire, decision, determination and spiritual guidance. An elevated sense of belong that is brought about by the special services and special needs provided by our Women's Conference is our goal.

Come join us for the
46th Annual International Women's Conference
to be held February 11-14, 2010 .

The 46th International Women's Conference will be held at the
THE DOUBLETREE HOTEL
At the entrance to Universal Studios Orlando
5780 Major Boulevard, Orlando, Florida 32819
407-351-1000, Toll Free 800-327-2110
On-Line Reservations: www.doubletree.com
Note, this takes you directly to the 46th IWC booking page.

Help make the conference a financial success by booking rooms in the conference host hotel, buying meal tickets (which include taxes and tips), because ….. WE PAY OUR OWN WAY!

Important Information
The entire conference is a closed AA women's event for registrants only.
· Mail-in registration closes January 5, 2010.
· No checks will be accepted o-site at the conference. Cash or money orders in U.S. dollars only.
· At the conference, name badges must be worn at all times. Please register by January 5, 2010 to ensure a pre-printed badge.
· The 46th IWC and the International Women's Conference, Inc. are not responsible for any loss of personal items or personal injury.
· No child care will be provided

http://www.internationalwomensconference.org/#
Old 11-21-2009, 07:33 AM   #20
LeftWriteFemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Daddy's good girl

November 21

FLORAL TROPHIES

Captured pet plants grow in my window. Why these specimens are given such regal care I suspect, but can’t explain. Delicate shoots pile out of sturdy stalks; roots force the confines of my decorative pots. How many neighborly blooming faces stare into my kitchen, greeting me mornings? I am amazed what good company my leafy friends can be when I am loving myself. Advantageous to my mental health, I breathe their exhaust and they breathe mine. Symbiotic, we live. I grow and flower; grateful these plants keep me.

Allow also small dreams that fit in your hand.

Tags
12 step recovery, acoa, al-anon, alcoholic, alcoholics anonmyous, coda, on-line meeting