Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > RELATIONSHIPS, COMMUNITY, GROUPS > Poly Relationships

Old 05-02-2012, 02:50 PM   #1
aishah

How Do You Identify?:
queer stone femme shark baby girl
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her, little one
Relationship Status:
dating myself.

1 Highscore

Thanked 6,437 Times in 1,288 Posts
aishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputation
Default Poly-friendly mingling/flirting thread

i felt a bit awkward posting in the singles forums as i'm not single, but i am available/open to possibilities. so i thought it might be fun to have a thread for folks who are poly and available, or who are interested in dating poly people (you don't have to be polyamorous yourself) to come and chat, flirt, get to know each other, etc.

aishah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 03:05 PM   #2
TenderKnight

How Do You Identify?:
Kinky Poly Transman
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

TenderKnight Has the BEST ReputationTenderKnight Has the BEST ReputationTenderKnight Has the BEST ReputationTenderKnight Has the BEST ReputationTenderKnight Has the BEST ReputationTenderKnight Has the BEST ReputationTenderKnight Has the BEST ReputationTenderKnight Has the BEST ReputationTenderKnight Has the BEST ReputationTenderKnight Has the BEST ReputationTenderKnight Has the BEST Reputation

Cool thread I am poly myself, but am currently "single".. Though I do have a close and deal friend/playmate that has been in my life for over 3 years and will continue to be part of my life.

I do have a comment regarding the "don't have to be poly yourself".. I have found that dating folks that are not poly usually leads to hurt feelings on all sides.. Mainly because the "non-poly" may try to be "ok" with it but in reality may think that if he or she works hard enough, eventually the poly person with choose to be monogamous.. This is just my thought and experience..

Saying that I think that this is a great thread and I look forward to seeing where it goes

-Tony
Old 05-02-2012, 04:19 PM   #3
aishah

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her, little one
Relationship Status:
dating myself.

1 Highscore

aishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputation

yay! i'm glad you're here, tony.

i've dated a few monogamous people - one of my current partners feels very strongly about being monogamous because that's just who he is, but he's very accepting of the fact that i'm poly. and i've mostly had good experiences. i tend to be pretty open to dating anyone as long as they're accepting of the fact that i'm poly...i don't care if they choose to be or not. but i agree that for some people it can definitely be an issue. thankfully i've been lucky in that regard
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to aishah For This Useful Post:
Old 05-02-2012, 04:56 PM   #4
pajama

How Do You Identify?:
Klingon
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Thanked 7,480 Times in 1,809 Posts
pajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputation

Hi y'all.

I'm poly simply because I know I can't be monogamous. Regretably a lesson I had to learn while hurting some very dear, wonderful, people.

Right now I'm single, in a holding pattern. I'm up for flirting at ALL times.
pajama is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to pajama For This Useful Post:
Old 05-02-2012, 09:05 PM   #5
aishah

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her, little one
Relationship Status:
dating myself.

1 Highscore

flirting is fun! it's odd...i haven't really ever flirted or dated that much, so i'm kind of a newbie. most of my relationships have been with people i was friends with for a long time before. there are definitely perks to that, but i think it would be fun to date and flirt more
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to aishah For This Useful Post:
Old 05-02-2012, 09:33 PM   #6
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Thanked 11,383 Times in 2,840 Posts
Apocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST Reputation

For a number of reasons, I think being polyamorous makes sense. So many horrible things happen in our lives under the excuse of jealousy and its accepted.

I do love to flirt!
Old 05-03-2012, 08:58 PM   #7
FtMGuy

How Do You Identify?:
FtM Daddy type
Preferred Pronoun?:
He him
Relationship Status:
single

Location: Moved 21feb2012 from the UK back to the USA, Living in Lincoln NE
FtMGuy Has the BEST ReputationFtMGuy Has the BEST ReputationFtMGuy Has the BEST ReputationFtMGuy Has the BEST ReputationFtMGuy Has the BEST ReputationFtMGuy Has the BEST ReputationFtMGuy Has the BEST ReputationFtMGuy Has the BEST ReputationFtMGuy Has the BEST ReputationFtMGuy Has the BEST ReputationFtMGuy Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Hello!
I am going to join in on this thread, where has it been all my life!??
I am recently out of a 11 year poly/open relationship. It ended mostly because we grew apart, our needs ,wants desires changed, well hers more then mine I suppose.
Anyway i am single but have a play partner, and am dating. I am a big ole flirt!
So how you doin
MisterB

Quote:
Originally Posted by aishah View Post
i felt a bit awkward posting in the singles forums as i'm not single, but i am available/open to possibilities. so i thought it might be fun to have a thread for folks who are poly and available, or who are interested in dating poly people (you don't have to be polyamorous yourself) to come and chat, flirt, get to know each other, etc.

FtMGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to FtMGuy For This Useful Post:
Old 05-03-2012, 09:26 PM   #8
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Apocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST Reputation

I think it's gonna be a long hot Summer!
Old 05-03-2012, 11:08 PM   #9
CherylNYC

How Do You Identify?:
Stonefemme lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
I'm a woman. Behave accordingly.
Relationship Status:
Single, not looking.

Thanked 7,150 Times in 1,206 Posts
CherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST Reputation

I'm non-monogamous, but not ecactly poly. I mean, I'll always reserve the right to play around outside of a primary relationship, but I don't think I can have more than one fully developed romantic relationship at a time.

Can I still play in this sandbox?
Old 05-03-2012, 11:12 PM   #10
aishah

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her, little one
Relationship Status:
dating myself.

1 Highscore

yes! at least...i'm totally okay with all folks who are interested in consensual non-monogamy playing here.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to aishah For This Useful Post:
Old 05-04-2012, 05:46 AM   #11
pajama

How Do You Identify?:
Klingon
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Thanked 7,480 Times in 1,809 Posts
pajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by FtMGuy View Post
Hello!
I am going to join in on this thread, where has it been all my life!??
I am recently out of a 11 year poly/open relationship. It ended mostly because we grew apart, our needs ,wants desires changed, well hers more then mine I suppose.
Anyway i am single but have a play partner, and am dating. I am a big ole flirt!
So how you doin
MisterB
Well good morning. Aren't you a handsome devil.
pajama is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to pajama For This Useful Post:
Old 05-04-2012, 11:55 AM   #12
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

How is everyone this fine Friday!

Welcome to aishah's Lair.

Mingle * Flirt
Old 05-04-2012, 12:05 PM   #13
Linus
The Planet's Technical Bubba

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Thanked 10,743 Times in 3,176 Posts
Linus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST Reputation

It's morning? Gah... I need more sleep :P Maybe a cuddle or something..

"We become Human Doings instead of Human Beings." -- Ram Dass
Linus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Linus For This Useful Post:
Old 05-04-2012, 12:17 PM   #14
TenderKnight

How Do You Identify?:
Kinky Poly Transman
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

TenderKnight Has the BEST ReputationTenderKnight Has the BEST ReputationTenderKnight Has the BEST ReputationTenderKnight Has the BEST ReputationTenderKnight Has the BEST ReputationTenderKnight Has the BEST ReputationTenderKnight Has the BEST ReputationTenderKnight Has the BEST ReputationTenderKnight Has the BEST ReputationTenderKnight Has the BEST ReputationTenderKnight Has the BEST Reputation

lol.. all this flirting going on.. I'll be honest, in person, I find it really hard to flirt, mainly because I don't want to "offend" people.. So I usually just awkwardly ask them out for coffee or to play and then flirt once they say yes, lol. Maybe it's a safety buffer thing for me.. I know that "rejection" is always part of the game, but I still tend to be on the safe side.. But getting MUCH better at "grabbing up my balls" and just asking people out

Apoc, I have had an eye on you for a while, hon.. Smart, funny, and sexy.. Some good qualities there, my friend

Have enjoyed reading the thread so far, look forward to more.. Oh, and Linus.. How you doin'?
Old 05-04-2012, 02:02 PM   #15
FtMGuy

How Do You Identify?:
FtM Daddy type
Preferred Pronoun?:
He him
Relationship Status:
single

FtMGuy Has the BEST ReputationFtMGuy Has the BEST ReputationFtMGuy Has the BEST ReputationFtMGuy Has the BEST ReputationFtMGuy Has the BEST ReputationFtMGuy Has the BEST ReputationFtMGuy Has the BEST ReputationFtMGuy Has the BEST ReputationFtMGuy Has the BEST ReputationFtMGuy Has the BEST ReputationFtMGuy Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Well Hello Beautiful!
Handsome Devil?! has a good ring to it!! LOL the devil part def, true!!
I have been far far away in a strange and peculiar place for many years, but now I am back!!
YA
MisterB

Quote:
Originally Posted by pajara View Post
Well good morning. Aren't you a handsome devil.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FtMGuy For This Useful Post:
Old 05-04-2012, 02:05 PM   #16
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Quote:
Originally Posted by FtMGuy View Post
Well Hello Beautiful!
Handsome Devil?! has a good ring to it!! LOL the devil part def, true!!
I have been far far away in a strange and peculiar place for many years, but now I am back!!
YA
MisterB
Where in the UK did you live? How cool is that? I have only been to London, but quite like it there.
Old 05-04-2012, 04:04 PM   #17
aishah

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her, little one
Relationship Status:
dating myself.

1 Highscore

thanks apoc! & others i'm really glad folks are enjoying this thread.

also, i baked today. *offers cookies* i've been told that baking is the sincerest form of flirting. or at least one of the forms. and besides, COOKIES.

how are you enjoying being back in the states, misterb? i've only been to the uk once (outside of manchester for a few weeks and london for a couple days) but i reallllly loved it there and want to go back someday

for me, i could probably do monogamy. i've done it in the past. i just...don't understand why i should. i like being polyamorous i love people and i love expressing love towards people in different ways. i love not having to be everything to everyone and not expecting everyone to be everything to me. i love feeling connected in different ways. i love not having to hide the fact that i love people a lot, or not having to channel it into certain kinds of platonic relationships for the sake of...monogamous respectability or whatever.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to aishah For This Useful Post:
Old 05-04-2012, 04:05 PM   #18
FtMGuy

How Do You Identify?:
FtM Daddy type
Preferred Pronoun?:
He him
Relationship Status:
single

Member Photo Albums

Yes it was good fun until it wasn't! I lived in South East London,
Zone 3. I loved our flat and the school I worked at was right down the road, HOWEVER it was very, ummm un queer,, straight folks, so felt a bit out of my eliment
At least in Lincoln I know all the queers or most of them and a pretty large group of FtM guys so its all good!
Where in the world are you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apocalipstic View Post
Where in the UK did you live? How cool is that? I have only been to London, but quite like it there.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FtMGuy For This Useful Post:
Old 03-15-2014, 12:12 AM   #19
anaisninja

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

anaisninja Has the BEST Reputationanaisninja Has the BEST Reputationanaisninja Has the BEST Reputationanaisninja Has the BEST Reputationanaisninja Has the BEST Reputationanaisninja Has the BEST Reputationanaisninja Has the BEST Reputationanaisninja Has the BEST Reputationanaisninja Has the BEST Reputationanaisninja Has the BEST Reputationanaisninja Has the BEST Reputation

Hi, I'm Anne. I'm in Seattle.
anaisninja is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to anaisninja For This Useful Post:
Old 05-08-2014, 11:50 AM   #20
uniquetobeme

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
In an awesome relationship

uniquetobeme Has the BEST Reputationuniquetobeme Has the BEST Reputationuniquetobeme Has the BEST Reputationuniquetobeme Has the BEST Reputationuniquetobeme Has the BEST Reputationuniquetobeme Has the BEST Reputationuniquetobeme Has the BEST Reputationuniquetobeme Has the BEST Reputationuniquetobeme Has the BEST Reputationuniquetobeme Has the BEST Reputationuniquetobeme Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Hi Anne and everyone. I'm Rebecca and my partner and I live near DC. Hope everyone is enjoying this Spring weather!

Tags
chatting, dating, flirting, mingling, polyamory