Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > ART, POETRY, WRITING > Performance Art

Old 04-10-2013, 10:34 AM   #21
Hollylane
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 26,373 Times in 5,877 Posts
Hollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedivahrrrself View Post

You have a beautiful voice!
Hollylane is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hollylane For This Useful Post:
Old 04-10-2013, 12:33 PM   #22
CXanderRun
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him
Relationship Status:
Shoo, don't bother me.

CXanderRun Has the BEST ReputationCXanderRun Has the BEST ReputationCXanderRun Has the BEST ReputationCXanderRun Has the BEST ReputationCXanderRun Has the BEST ReputationCXanderRun Has the BEST ReputationCXanderRun Has the BEST ReputationCXanderRun Has the BEST ReputationCXanderRun Has the BEST ReputationCXanderRun Has the BEST ReputationCXanderRun Has the BEST Reputation

o.o Holy crap, Diva! *falls over, swoons* That was amazing!
CXanderRun is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CXanderRun For This Useful Post:
Old 04-10-2013, 12:36 PM   #23
CXanderRun
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him
Relationship Status:
Shoo, don't bother me.

CXanderRun Has the BEST ReputationCXanderRun Has the BEST ReputationCXanderRun Has the BEST ReputationCXanderRun Has the BEST ReputationCXanderRun Has the BEST ReputationCXanderRun Has the BEST ReputationCXanderRun Has the BEST ReputationCXanderRun Has the BEST ReputationCXanderRun Has the BEST ReputationCXanderRun Has the BEST ReputationCXanderRun Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daktari View Post
I got some old youtube vids of me singing...they're not very good videos though.

I wonder if these work?
http://www.soundclick.com/player/sin...&q=hi&newref=1
Who's that girl?

May You Never

Time of your Life

The account isn't mine but it's me singing in these three.
Lmao.. So uh, Who's ready for BFP Idol?
The Following User Says Thank You to CXanderRun For This Useful Post:
Old 04-10-2013, 02:35 PM   #24
CXanderRun
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him
Relationship Status:
Shoo, don't bother me.

I'm loving all this talent. Keep the songs coming people!

And thank you to everyone that enjoyed my song. You don't know how much that means to me.
Old 04-10-2013, 02:39 PM   #25
Daktari

Quote:
Originally Posted by CXanderRun View Post
Lmao.. So uh, Who's ready for BFP Idol?
My usual line when folks have said such things to me after gigs (singin' used to be m'job) is count me out, I'm too old and too ugly for such shenanigans.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 04-10-2013, 02:48 PM   #26
CXanderRun
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him
Relationship Status:
Shoo, don't bother me.

Quote:
My usual line when folks have said such things to me after gigs (singin' used to be m'job) is count me out, I'm too old and too ugly for such shenanigans.
At least you had a line. I would just get really dizzy and want to pass out. Kill case of stage fright.
Old 04-10-2013, 03:26 PM   #27
Daktari

Quote:
At least you had a line. I would just get really dizzy and want to pass out. Kill case of stage fright.

Do ya not get practice singin' in church?
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 04-10-2013, 10:20 PM   #28
CXanderRun
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him
Relationship Status:
Shoo, don't bother me.

Haha I wish. I can do it in church because everyone there is my family. Put in front of people I don't know? Forget about it! Lmao.
Old 04-11-2013, 04:46 AM   #29
Daktari

Quote:
Haha I wish. I can do it in church because everyone there is my family. Put in front of people I don't know? Forget about it! Lmao.
Och it's not as bad as you think once you get used to it. I just used to imagine that I was in my living room, singing for friends.

Haven't performed in quite a while. Not since copd hit hard and I don't like what I hear anymore - everyone but me likes what they hear though.

Doin' it in public can be amazing and have it's errrrm perks too.

Here's a really old video. I can date it exactly because I have hair and was in the process of growing it for turning 40yrs old; that means the vid. is 10yrs old

Fogtown mash (M.Shocked/P.Mayfield)

ps. I'm not the big fat bald dude!

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 04-11-2013, 05:53 AM   #30
Aryon

How Do You Identify?:
Butch female
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hy, Hym, Hys
Relationship Status:
I know her heartsong and she, mine

Aryon Has the BEST ReputationAryon Has the BEST ReputationAryon Has the BEST ReputationAryon Has the BEST ReputationAryon Has the BEST ReputationAryon Has the BEST ReputationAryon Has the BEST ReputationAryon Has the BEST ReputationAryon Has the BEST ReputationAryon Has the BEST ReputationAryon Has the BEST Reputation

Just another contribution to the thread. Hope you enjoy.
OH and don't forget to read the description on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdEkC...ature=youtu.be

"Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away."

My Pictures: https://picasaweb.google.com/115942843945062331510

My Blog: http://christhebutch.wordpress.com
Aryon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Aryon For This Useful Post:
Old 04-11-2013, 08:31 AM   #31
Hollylane
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Hollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Och it's not as bad as you think once you get used to it. I just used to imagine that I was in my living room, singing for friends.

Haven't performed in quite a while. Not since copd hit hard and I don't like what I hear anymore - everyone but me likes what they hear though.

Doin' it in public can be amazing and have it's errrrm perks too.

Here's a really old video. I can date it exactly because I have hair and was in the process of growing it for turning 40yrs old; that means the vid. is 10yrs old

Fogtown mash (M.Shocked/P.Mayfield)

ps. I'm not the big fat bald dude!

While I truly do enjoy singing, it has always been anxiety riddled for me. I can pull it off, but for the first couple of songs in a show, if you looked closely, you would be able to see my hands shaking, and my knees knocking. I have never gotten past that.

Interestingly, when I was a heavy smoker, every year I got bronchitis, and could barely get a verse out, people always complimented my voice. I was not happy with my voice, but they loved its "smoky" quality, but I knew that I had so much more range when I was feeling well.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hollylane For This Useful Post:
Old 04-11-2013, 08:43 AM   #32
Daktari

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollylane View Post

While I truly do enjoy singing, it has always been anxiety riddled for me. I can pull it off, but for the first couple of songs in a show, if you looked closely, you would be able to see my hands shaking, and my knees knocking. I have never gotten past that.

Interestingly, when I was a heavy smoker, every year I got bronchitis, and could barely get a verse out, people always complimented my voice. I was not happy with my voice, but they loved its "smoky" quality, but I knew that I had so much more range when I was feeling well.

...I have so much less 'range' because I smoked too long and lost more than 50% lung capacity. Other folks love it, I do not.

Performing in public is nerve wracking of course but it's a buzz. Entertaining other folks is better than drugs for me. Despite being an addict I can say that I never performed, for money, whilst pissed/stoned on wet and dry drugs.

It's only just struck me that I've had my gorgeous Fylde Alchemist (work tool guitar) for a decade.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 04-11-2013, 11:15 PM   #33
kannon

How Do You Identify?:
bloke
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Happy is the heart that believes in angels

Thanked 2,067 Times in 584 Posts
kannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedivahrrrself View Post
You have a really deep and rich voice. Pretty dang cool.
Old 04-13-2013, 09:07 PM   #34
Hollylane
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Okay, well this is every bit as nerve racking as singing the first few songs of the night. It took me some time to figure out how to convert it, and upload it to Youtube. I have beat myself up to a pulp while listening to it (this is normal, even when I sing live), but after searching for CDs of me singing, this is the first one I found...Not the best recording job...but anyway, here goes...YIKES! I just used my avatar photo on it, since it is not a video.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Hollylane For This Useful Post:
Old 04-13-2013, 10:02 PM   #35
gaea

How Do You Identify?:
femme

Thanked 14,363 Times in 3,381 Posts
gaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollylane View Post
Okay, well this is every bit as nerve racking as singing the first few songs of the night. It took me some time to figure out how to convert it, and upload it to Youtube. I have beat myself up to a pulp while listening to it (this is normal, even when I sing live), but after searching for CDs of me singing, this is the first one I found...Not the best recording job...but anyway, here goes...YIKES! I just used my avatar photo on it, since it is not a video.

Beautiful !!!!!!

Courage: the willingness to risk who you are for who you want to be and what you have for what you want

You're not who your past says you are, you are who you choose to be today moving forward.
gaea is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gaea For This Useful Post:
Old 04-13-2013, 10:38 PM   #36
deb0670

How Do You Identify?:
femme/ baby girl
Preferred Pronoun?:
she,her
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 6,027 Times in 1,189 Posts
deb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputationdeb0670 Has the BEST Reputation

i have a difficult time posting anything of my singing cause of my setup here.. i cannot just play music and sing with it like i would want due to our living conditions.. Ethan rented out our basement to some friends of his that made an apt down there... so we are always having to be cautious of them and the noise level..
I have a few recording made view the Windows Movie Maker thingy.. but it sounds like i am singing acapella..
after listening to everyone else... i am skeered to post mine.. y'all are just too good!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to deb0670 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-13-2013, 11:06 PM   #37
dixie
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
I usually just poke it with a stick.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Bitch
Relationship Status:
Intertwined deeply

Thanked 21,385 Times in 4,808 Posts
dixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputation

Soooooo.....what about those of us that can't sing yet do it anyway? lol

Deb, how about this.....if you post yours (which I'm sure are super good), I will post my drunk living room karaoke version of Rocky Top LOL

(I already KNOW it's horrible, so it can be used as a confidence booster for those folks who CAN sing yet are afraid to post )
dixie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dixie For This Useful Post:
Old 04-13-2013, 11:08 PM   #38
dixie
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
I usually just poke it with a stick.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Bitch
Relationship Status:
Intertwined deeply

Thanked 21,385 Times in 4,808 Posts
dixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputation

Or at least, I will if I can get the movie maker to cooperate. There is NO WAY I'm posting the video part...it's even worse than my actual singing lol
dixie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dixie For This Useful Post:
Old 04-14-2013, 03:46 AM   #39
Hollylane
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

I think this recording is really bad (music is loud, mic is low), but Gaige insisted I post this one...She's partial, just so you know...Just for you Baby

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hollylane For This Useful Post:
Old 04-14-2013, 04:08 AM   #40
CXanderRun
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him
Relationship Status:
Shoo, don't bother me.

I can understand why it was insisted on. It's very nice. I like it alot.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CXanderRun For This Useful Post:

Tags
sharing, singing, songs, video