Gayandgray

How Do You Identify?:
Femme-ish, tomboy lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Together a really long time

Thanked 12,914 Times in 3,079 Posts
Gayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST Reputation

:hangl oose:r aying:
Old 01-09-2018, 08:53 PM   #4522
nanners

How Do You Identify?:
her femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
girl
Relationship Status:
Blissfully married to the love of my life.

Thanked 4,832 Times in 1,064 Posts
nanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputation

I'm feeling stunned.
Stunned and heartbroken. I just found out that my first love, Michelle, died this morning. She was not only my first love, but my Birthday Twin as well. I am one year younger than her.
She died of cancer. Leiomyosarcoma (LMS) to be exact. She was diagnosed in June last year...she left behind 2 adult daughters that are much too young to not have their mother (or father who died of Parkinson's 2 years ago). I'm sure quite a few people on this site have lost their parents and are young as well, but it just seems so wrong.

I'm feeling very sad that I haven't talked to her for quite awhile...
The lesson I need to take from this is that I need to reach out to people a lot more than I have been, and let them know I love them...before it's too late again.

RIP Michelle...
nanners is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to nanners For This Useful Post:
Old 01-09-2018, 09:21 PM   #4523
Kenna

How Do You Identify?:
Fiery, Sassy, Tough As Nails, Femme Tomboy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
I am your favorite hello and hardest goodbye.

Thanked 12,096 Times in 3,753 Posts
Kenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST Reputation

Blah... had a hard day fighting with my blood sugar levels, but was very thankful for a sunny warm day. Was very tempted to take a picnic, but by the time I was feeling better, it was too late.
Kenna is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kenna For This Useful Post:
Old 01-09-2018, 10:43 PM   #4524
ardentfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Fierce Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/Her
Relationship Status:
~daydreaming~

ardentfemme Has the BEST Reputationardentfemme Has the BEST Reputationardentfemme Has the BEST Reputationardentfemme Has the BEST Reputationardentfemme Has the BEST Reputationardentfemme Has the BEST Reputationardentfemme Has the BEST Reputationardentfemme Has the BEST Reputationardentfemme Has the BEST Reputationardentfemme Has the BEST Reputationardentfemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanners View Post
I'm feeling stunned.
Stunned and heartbroken. I just found out that my first love, Michelle, died this morning. She was not only my first love, but my Birthday Twin as well. I am one year younger than her.
She died of cancer. Leiomyosarcoma (LMS) to be exact. She was diagnosed in June last year...she left behind 2 adult daughters that are much too young to not have their mother (or father who died of Parkinson's 2 years ago). I'm sure quite a few people on this site have lost their parents and are young as well, but it just seems so wrong.

The lesson I need to take from this is that I need to reach out to people a lot more than I have been, and let them know I love them...before it's too late again.

RIP Michelle...
I'm so sorry for your loss. That must be incredibly difficult for you. I think reaching out to folks to let them know you love them is a really beautiful thing to do and a great way to help process those turbulent emotions. That's what I always do in similar situations and it helps me reflect and feel grateful for their presence in my life. It's important to say what you need to before it's too late.

Sending you hugs <3
ardentfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ardentfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 01-09-2018, 10:45 PM   #4525
ardentfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Fierce Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/Her
Relationship Status:
~daydreaming~

ardentfemme Has the BEST Reputationardentfemme Has the BEST Reputationardentfemme Has the BEST Reputationardentfemme Has the BEST Reputationardentfemme Has the BEST Reputationardentfemme Has the BEST Reputationardentfemme Has the BEST Reputationardentfemme Has the BEST Reputationardentfemme Has the BEST Reputationardentfemme Has the BEST Reputationardentfemme Has the BEST Reputation

Lord, it's been a rough day. I was looking forward to a relaxing bath to de-stress, but now it's a bit late for that.

Maybe tomorrow will go smoother.

Wishing you all a wonderful day/night.

xoxo
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ardentfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 01-10-2018, 12:08 AM   #4526
Lyte

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Meh... I'm not very particular about this.
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 5,113 Times in 1,504 Posts
Lyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST Reputation

I'm so very sorry.

{{{{ You }}}}

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanners View Post
I'm feeling stunned.

RIP Michelle...
Lyte is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Lyte For This Useful Post:
Old 01-10-2018, 06:25 AM   #4527
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Cranky. I don't want to go to work today.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 01-10-2018, 10:35 AM   #4528
Bčsame*
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femm
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
☀️☀️☀️

Thanked 39,475 Times in 10,186 Posts
Bčsame* Has the BEST ReputationBčsame* Has the BEST ReputationBčsame* Has the BEST ReputationBčsame* Has the BEST ReputationBčsame* Has the BEST ReputationBčsame* Has the BEST ReputationBčsame* Has the BEST ReputationBčsame* Has the BEST ReputationBčsame* Has the BEST ReputationBčsame* Has the BEST ReputationBčsame* Has the BEST Reputation

Chilly.

I'm sitting on the couch, with the back door open, enjoying coffee, listening to the cars travel by on wet roads. It's on the chill side and that means I get to wear a sweater! I love it. It will be hot and humid soon enough.

A kiss is a whisper in your mouth.
Can I borrow a kiss? I promise to give it back.
Bčsame* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bčsame* For This Useful Post:
Old 01-10-2018, 11:23 AM   #4529
Gayandgray

How Do You Identify?:
Femme-ish, tomboy lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Together a really long time

Thanked 12,914 Times in 3,079 Posts
Gayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST Reputation

I feel good.
Old 01-10-2018, 11:25 AM   #4530
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 34,013 Times in 8,560 Posts
Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayandgray View Post
I feel good.
Me, too.

Orema is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 01-11-2018, 05:12 AM   #4531
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,972 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

Excited and scared .... perfectly normal i am sure
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 01-11-2018, 07:54 AM   #4532
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,972 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

i’m suddenly soooo hungry
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 01-11-2018, 02:58 PM   #4533
Deborah*

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
single and not looking

Deborah* Has the BEST ReputationDeborah* Has the BEST ReputationDeborah* Has the BEST ReputationDeborah* Has the BEST ReputationDeborah* Has the BEST ReputationDeborah* Has the BEST ReputationDeborah* Has the BEST ReputationDeborah* Has the BEST ReputationDeborah* Has the BEST ReputationDeborah* Has the BEST ReputationDeborah* Has the BEST Reputation

Somewhat depressed. Some important papers I need I can't find, and my body aches today (I took Tylenol so it's okay now), life isn't perfect and I need to remember that!

Deborah
Deborah* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Deborah* For This Useful Post:
Old 01-11-2018, 03:36 PM   #4534
Shystonefem

How Do You Identify?:
Stone Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Shy for President

Thanked 3,678 Times in 898 Posts
Shystonefem Has the BEST ReputationShystonefem Has the BEST ReputationShystonefem Has the BEST ReputationShystonefem Has the BEST ReputationShystonefem Has the BEST ReputationShystonefem Has the BEST ReputationShystonefem Has the BEST ReputationShystonefem Has the BEST ReputationShystonefem Has the BEST ReputationShystonefem Has the BEST ReputationShystonefem Has the BEST Reputation

Broken and so damn angry that I'm not fake.

Let reality be reality. Let things flow naturally forward in whatever way they like.

~Lao Tzu
Shystonefem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Shystonefem For This Useful Post:
Old 01-11-2018, 03:53 PM   #4535
~SweetCheeks~

How Do You Identify?:
femme-babygirl-brat
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Justin's babygirl

Thanked 3,254 Times in 646 Posts
~SweetCheeks~ Has the BEST Reputation~SweetCheeks~ Has the BEST Reputation~SweetCheeks~ Has the BEST Reputation~SweetCheeks~ Has the BEST Reputation~SweetCheeks~ Has the BEST Reputation~SweetCheeks~ Has the BEST Reputation~SweetCheeks~ Has the BEST Reputation~SweetCheeks~ Has the BEST Reputation~SweetCheeks~ Has the BEST Reputation~SweetCheeks~ Has the BEST Reputation~SweetCheeks~ Has the BEST Reputation

It's been a rough week. I freaking miss my Mom.... Thank gosh for therapy.
~SweetCheeks~ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to ~SweetCheeks~ For This Useful Post:
Old 01-11-2018, 05:35 PM   #4536
FireSignFemme

How Do You Identify?:
N/A

3 Highscores

Thanked 10,512 Times in 3,155 Posts
FireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST Reputation

Sad. The abandoned cat I've been taking care of is female and definitely expecting. One extra cat in addition to Monte maybe, but one unplanned pet, plus a whole litter, plus Monte to care for... In the interest of all animals involved I know relinquishment is the right decision. Still it doesn't make it any easier. I wish people would give a crap and if not in a position to take on kittens see to it their animals are spayed.
FireSignFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to FireSignFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 01-12-2018, 08:16 PM   #4537
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

I feel grateful. Someone really helped DC and me out today because 'we're all supposed to take care of one another'. Such a nice lady! I wish everyone had that outlook.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 01-12-2018, 09:44 PM   #4538
Lyte

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Meh... I'm not very particular about this.
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 5,113 Times in 1,504 Posts
Lyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST Reputation

Just a lil bummed. How easily ones mood can change when the response from a friend is not as positive as expected. It wasn't even a negative response... just not the uber positive one I expected. Expectations... that's the problem. I'd make a poor Buddhist.
Lyte is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Lyte For This Useful Post:
Old 01-12-2018, 11:40 PM   #4539
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,863 Times in 7,834 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation

I am feeling absolutely elated with my new iMac!

Freaking 4.2GHz with an i7 processor on a 27" screen!!

It only came with 8GB of ram but I have already ordered 2x16GB DDR4 sticks and am going to upgrade it myself (because Apple wanted $600 for this and I'm all "REALLY, bitches??")

My old Macbook was 5 years old and it served me well but shit, this new machine is so freaking fast that I wish I had done this sooner! I've been sitting here for hours doing fresh installs of all of my various applications and products and setting up my VPN and it's got me all giddy and sparkly.

Needless to say? WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 01-13-2018, 12:06 AM   #4540
ardentfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Fierce Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/Her
Relationship Status:
~daydreaming~

My mom just said, “What if your hormones are out of whack? What if you have too much testosterone? And if we change that, then maybe your feelings about women will change.”

It’s interesting that just earlier today I was reflecting on how much pride I derive from passersby openly staring at me when I’m accompanied by butches – that is, when my femme identity is salient. I thought about how I’ve learned so much from being Otherized and how much these interactions have shaped me in a positive way.

But when it comes to my mom, comments like these are really hurtful. It feels like this aspect of my identity – one that I consider beautiful – is disgusting to her. It doesn’t matter what I do in life, how many degrees I earn, how much money I make, how compassionate I am, how fiercely I love those around me. I will always be a disappointment to her. Or, at least this one element of my selfhood will always be a disappointment to her. Something she wishes she could cure, like the stomach flu.

It’s also interesting because I’m not sure that all of my previous partners/crushes would feel comfortable being lumped into the category of “women.” My mom’s comment felt disrespectful to those who identify as butch, but simultaneously trans, lesbians who use they/them pronouns and those who use he/him pronouns for reasons that are entirely valid and entirely their own. These individuals have complex and nuanced relationships with womanhood and to toss them in with “women” seems reductive.

At the same time, I do claim the term lesbian, so what does that say about me? How could I articulate that to someone standing on the outside?

I didn’t say any of this to her. I just said, “That’s not how it works” and changed the subject. I figured it was better to process these thoughts in private. [And now on the internet for the whole world to see lol.]
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ardentfemme For This Useful Post: