Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > FUN > Words Games, Quizzes, Etc.

Old 07-12-2017, 11:23 AM   #801
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,587 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kätzchen View Post
I have NO idea where this movie-line comes from, but I'm guessing I'd watch it over and over again.
I think that might be safe to say..........
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 06:11 PM   #802
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Thanked 31,931 Times in 9,910 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by homoe View Post
"I'm looking for a book... something that can help me deal with what might be an awkward situation. Something funny might be nice, but not necessarily big, 'ha, ha, ha,' 'laugh, laugh, laugh' funny, and certainly not make-fun-of-other-people funny but rather something human-funny. And, uh, if it could uh, sneak up on you, surprise you, and at the same time make you think that what you thought wasn't only right, in a wrong kind of way, but when you're wrong, there's a certain rightness in your wrongness... Well, what I mean is, more importantly, I'm looking to be swept up! And at the same time, not".
I studied up on the quote and the movie, earlier today....
its.... Dan In Real Life!

I like movies starring Steve Carrell and look forward to watching this movie!

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 06:13 PM   #803
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
I studied up on the quote and the movie, earlier today....
its.... Dan In Real Life!

I like movies starring Steve Carrell and look forward to watching this movie!
You're correct! IMHO this is one of the finest chick flick movies you'll ever find.
Old 07-13-2017, 09:15 AM   #804
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Quote:
"Badges? We don't need no stinking badges"
It isn't that hard folks.........
Old 07-13-2017, 09:22 AM   #805
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Thanked 27,015 Times in 5,084 Posts
GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Quote:
This one's a _little_ harder:

"Patches? We don't need no stinking patches."

It's been so lonely without you here
Like a bird without a song
Nothing can stop these lonely tears from falling . . .
'Cause nothing compares, nothing compares 2 U

- Prince
GeorgiaMa'am is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 07-13-2017, 09:26 AM   #806
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaMa'am View Post
This one's a _little_ harder:

"Patches? We don't need no stinking patches."
Troop Beverly Hills ????(with that chick from cheers)
Old 07-13-2017, 07:28 PM   #807
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Thanked 27,015 Times in 5,084 Posts
GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Troop Beverly Hills ????(with that chick from cheers)
You are exactly right! (with Shelly Long)

It's been so lonely without you here
Like a bird without a song
Nothing can stop these lonely tears from falling . . .
'Cause nothing compares, nothing compares 2 U

- Prince
GeorgiaMa'am is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 07-13-2017, 08:29 PM   #808
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaMa'am View Post
You are exactly right! (with Shelly Long)
YES. Shelly Long the name had escaped me for some reason
Old 07-13-2017, 10:45 PM   #809
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

"Anybody who uses computers doesn't know a damn thing about this game".
Old 07-18-2017, 03:57 PM   #810
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
......... .........

Quote:
Long before Mel Brooks produced and starred in Blazing Saddles, it was a well kept secret and rumored that he sort of got his idea from the back-scenes, never ever talked about off set, unrehearsed movie battle, between Rock Hudson and Doris Day's, epic altered movie script lines:

(Rock to Doris) "We Don't Need No Stinkin' Pillows!!!"

_____ ______
The Following User Says Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 07-18-2017, 07:28 PM   #811
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Katz are you making a guess or just a statement?
Old 07-18-2017, 07:42 PM   #812
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Red face

Quote:
Katz are you making a guess or just a statement?
<<<~~ Twas being silly, *LOL*

_____ ______
Old 07-18-2017, 08:08 PM   #813
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Quote:
I have no idea where this movie line comes from, but it sounds like it's straight out of a Jane Rule, true crime story.....

_____ ______
The Following User Says Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 07-18-2017, 08:26 PM   #814
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Quote:
I have no idea where this movie line comes from, but it sounds like it's straight out of a Jane Rule, true crime story.....
Nope, actually it's a sports movie Miss Katz......
Old 07-19-2017, 12:12 AM   #815
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Quote:
So I rented the movie Money ball because after my first guess fell flat, I had a nagging gut instinct that it was the account of Billy Bean rebuilding the ball club on a tight budget.

At 47 minutes and 11 seconds, into the movie Moneyball, Billy Bean and Pete are watching video when Grady (the clubs scout with 29 years of scouting experience) walks in and wants to talk to Billy....Billy asks Grady what he's upset about. Grady lays it on the line and tells Billy, "anybody who uses computers doesn't know a damn thing about the game...", because Grady thinks Billy is making a mistake rebuilding Oakland Athletics with ball players that are typically not chosen by trusted scouting methods.

Moneyball (2011)
Brad Pitt, as Billy Bean.

I only read the book, homoe, so from what I remember about the book, it might be the same thing as the Big Little Lies (Moriarty, HBO series). I dunno, I'd have to reread the book.

But hey, what a fantastic movie!!

_____ ______
Old 07-19-2017, 02:57 AM   #816
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Biological female. Lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Thanked 34,660 Times in 7,651 Posts
Kobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST Reputation

From one of my all time favorite films that I was watching last night -

“Value this time in your life, kids, because this is the time in your life when you still have your choices, and it goes by so quickly.

When you’re a teenager you think you can do anything, and you do.

Your twenties are a blur.

Your thirties, you raise your family, you make a little money and you think to yourself, ‘What happened to my twenties?’

Your forties, you grow a little pot belly you grow another chin. The music starts to get too loud and one of your old girlfriends from high school becomes a grandmother.

Your fifties you have a minor surgery. You’ll call it a ‘procedure’, but it’s a surgery.

Your sixties you have a major surgery, the music is still loud but it doesn’t matter because you can’t hear it anyway.

Seventies, you and the wife retire to Fort Lauderdale, you start eating dinner at two, lunch around ten, breakfast the night before. And you spend most of your time wandering around malls looking for the ultimate in soft yogurt and muttering ‘How come the kids don’t call?’

By your eighties, you’ve had a major stroke, and you end up babbling to some Jamaican nurse who your wife can’t stand but who you call mama.

Any questions?”

Which movie is it from? And, which actor said it?

Kobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 07:59 AM   #817
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Quote:
So I rented the movie Money ball because after my first guess fell flat, I had a nagging gut instinct that it was the account of Billy Bean rebuilding the ball club on a tight budget.

At 47 minutes and 11 seconds, into the movie Moneyball, Billy Bean and Pete are watching video when Grady (the clubs scout with 29 years of scouting experience) walks in and wants to talk to Billy....Billy asks Grady what he's upset about. Grady lays it on the line and tells Billy, "anybody who uses computers doesn't know a damn thing about the game...", because Grady thinks Billy is making a mistake rebuilding Oakland Athletics with ball players that are typically not chosen by trusted scouting methods. 

Moneyball (2011)
Brad Pitt, as Billy Bean.

I only read the book, homoe, so from what I remember about the book, it might be the same thing as the Big Little Lies (Moriarty, HBO series). I dunno, I'd have to reread the book.

But hey, what a fantastic movie!!
WOW, who knew a quote could be exactly the same in two movies!

The quote I used was from the movie Trouble With The Curve and it was a scene between John Goodman and Clint Eastwood! I can't state exactly how far into the movie when the quote occurs but that was the movie I was quoting or thought I was quoting I should say........
Old 07-19-2017, 08:04 AM   #818
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobi View Post

“Value this time in your life, kids, because this is the time in your life when you still have your choices, and it goes by so quickly.

Your thirties, you raise your family, you make a little money and you think to yourself, ‘What happened to my twenties?’

Your forties, you grow a little pot belly you grow another chin. The music starts to get too loud and one of your old girlfriends from high school becomes a grandmother.

Your fifties you have a minor surgery. You’ll call it a ‘procedure’, but it’s a surgery.

Your sixties you have a major surgery, the music is still loud but it doesn’t matter because you can’t hear it anyway.

Seventies, you and the wife retire to Fort Lauderdale, you start eating dinner at two, lunch around ten, breakfast the night before. And you spend most of your time wandering around malls looking for the ultimate in soft yogurt and muttering ‘How come the kids don’t call?’

By your eighties, you’ve had a major stroke, and you end up babbling to some Jamaican nurse who your wife can’t stand but who you call mama.

Any questions?”

I can picture Billy Crystal standing in front of a class room saying some of these lines, not sure about all of them. Right now I'm processing all the data in my mind for the title of the movie, it may or may not come to me!
Old 07-19-2017, 08:32 AM   #819
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobi View Post

Any questions?”

Well, hey, Kobi, good to see you over here in homoe's movie lines thread!!
Quote:
WOW, who knew a quote could be exactly the same in two movies!

The quote I used was from the movie Trouble With The Curve and it was a scene between John Goodman and Clint Eastwood! I can't state exactly how far into the movie when the quote occurs but that was the movie I was quoting or thought I was quoting I should say........
Ohhhh, hey, another movie to watch, yes???

Quote:
I can picture Billy Crystal standing in front of a class room saying some of these lines, not sure about all of them. Right now I'm processing all the data in my mind for the title of the movie, it may or may not come to me!
See, I think you're on the money with hearing Billy Crystal, and I think I may have watched this movie too, but it's been YEARS ago, that I saw it.....can't think of the title either. But yesh, Billy Crystal came to mind too!!

_____ ______
Old 07-19-2017, 08:44 AM   #820
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

I'm think he's talking to like elementary students for some darn reason and they are like clueless to what the hell he's even talking about, but I could be mixing it up with another one of his movies!

Sidebar: I recently hear or read somewhere that it isn't old age or forgotten memory when we're having a hard time recalling a specific bit of info, but because we're older we have WAY more data that our mind has to process before we come up with the information we seek!

Tags
films, movies