The Planet's Technical Bubba

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Thanked 10,743 Times in 3,176 Posts
Linus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew, Jr. View Post
I smoke both my pipes and cigars on my front porch and back deck. I also use one of those electrical smoke eaters if those around don't like the smell. However, it is few and far between. I also buy the really cheap cigars and throw them in my chimnea when I have that burning. It really smells good. Now I have all of my neighbors doing that too.

This is why I want to get a house. I want to build a "external man cave" for those rainy days but on the nice summer days, I want to be able to sit by the fire, look at the stars and when done, toss it into there. Sounds like an awesome way to enjoy, Andrew.

"We become Human Doings instead of Human Beings." -- Ram Dass
Linus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 11:48 AM   #42
T D

How Do You Identify?:
Person of the trans variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Sir, Bro, TD, Stevin
Relationship Status:
On occasion

Thanked 1,123 Times in 310 Posts
T D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linus View Post
It's gonna be somewhere in the Los Angeles area but once I'm there it'll likely mean that San Diego will be on my teaching schedule (probably late summer/fall) so we should meet up if I get a gig there.
I'm up in Northern CA, but I'd love to meet up with you sometime once you're here and settled

“Don’t ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive, and go do it.
Because what the world needs is people who have come alive.”
T D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 04:58 PM   #43
Linus

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Linus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST Reputation

TD: Thanks for the cigars. I smoked one right when I got it and saved the rest for a later date.

Andrew: I just got the package! Awesome! Thank you so much for the pipe, tapper and cork (stopper?). I sniffed the tobacco. I'm probably gonna try tonight after dinner. I wonder how much this will remind me of my grandfather who always had a pipe in his mouth as long as I can remember.

The Following User Says Thank You to Linus For This Useful Post:
Old 03-11-2010, 08:04 PM   #44
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Thanked 5,249 Times in 2,216 Posts
Andrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST Reputation
Smile

Ahh Linus,

I am so glad you got the package. The tobacco is my all time favorite. I thought I would share a bag with you since you are just learning the ropes of it. Yes, the cork goes in the center of your ashtray. And the silver thingy is the taper.

Enjoy!

Love,
Andrew
Andrew, Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 12:38 PM   #45
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Andrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST Reputation
Smile

I just smoked a really good cigar (thank you Linus). It was the one that had the Gh name to it. I can barely remember the name and how to even pronounce it. It was good. I smoked it while drinking a cup of coffee this morning. The cigar was stronger than I usually smoke, but it was good. I really enjoyed it. I will be buying those in the future. Most definitely.

Thanks Linus!

Love,
Andrew
Old 03-12-2010, 12:47 PM   #46
Linus

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Ghurka? Had a 2nd light blue band on it?

Old 03-12-2010, 12:55 PM   #47
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Smile

Yep - that was it! It was good. Thank you brother! Where did you find that? Famous Smoke Shop? I love that store. I could spend thousands $$$ there.
Old 03-12-2010, 01:06 PM   #48
Linus

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Actually, Cigars International: http://www.cigarsinternational.com/p...sp?item=CS-GHD

Old 03-12-2010, 01:30 PM   #49
Wryly

How Do You Identify?:
bemused butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
polite ones, please
Relationship Status:
single butch

Thanked 1,568 Times in 620 Posts
Wryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST ReputationWryly Has the BEST Reputation

I've never had them but want to try . . . . . . if only because of this FB page.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...d=364636685010
Wryly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Wryly For This Useful Post:
Old 03-12-2010, 02:04 PM   #50
Linus

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Heh.. Gurkhas are actually a nice cigar and they some doozies (check out their Black Dragon ones).

Old 03-12-2010, 03:17 PM   #51
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Smile

Are the Black Dragons stronger? Like in one puff I will be on the floor, and on antibiotics for a month or two?
Old 03-12-2010, 03:30 PM   #52
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
makes no diffrence,I know who I am.
Relationship Status:
single,maybe looking if the right person comes along.

Thanked 14,937 Times in 3,936 Posts
Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation
Default wondering wich to get....

Several months ago I quit the ciggy habit cold thurkey,but sometimes I want a smoke so bad I could spit.SO I been thinking about mayby cigars may work better than ciggys but I have no idea wich to get.I tryed cigars before but what I bought was awfull to say the least..I figured a cigar would last longer than a ciggy.Since I quit I have put on 18 pounds and I hate it,corse its been winter and i'v not been as active as I had been.I dont like anything strong but not wish washy either...any ideas guys?
Rockinonahigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post:
Old 03-12-2010, 03:56 PM   #53
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Smile

You are like me then. I like a mild to medium cigar. The best advice I can give to you is to go to Famous Smoke Shop.com and look online at what they have. Then go to a cigar shop close to home. See and compare what the guys in the store say vs. what you have seen online.

I really enjoy Baccaratt, Macanudo, Flor de Oliva, Nub, EO, Siglo, Oliva, Primo del Ray just thinking off the top of my head. I think you will really enjoy these too. Some others are Creme de Jamaica, Aston's (any), Helix, Upmann, Avo Tubos #9, Leon Jimenes, and Arturo Fuente. Just smoke a couple at a time, see what you enjoy.

Keep us posted on what you select, and how it tastes.
Old 03-12-2010, 05:55 PM   #54
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
makes no diffrence,I know who I am.
Relationship Status:
single,maybe looking if the right person comes along.

Thanked 14,937 Times in 3,936 Posts
Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation
Default Andrew

Thanks for the heads up on cigars.Since I quit the ciggys,wich was cause they got way over priced and begain to taste awful.The weight gain and the frayed nerves ...sometimes I just need a long relaxing drag off something to chill cause I get the hebejebies fidgits with lead me to the fridge.So im hopeing to find a middle ground with that.At least the weather is spring like and near 70 so I now can go back to working out,wich will help.
Rockinonahigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post:
Old 03-13-2010, 02:44 PM   #55
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Smile

Rockinonahigh,

I like to smoke a cigar while listening to a baseball game on the radio. I am usually outside with the furkids, and one of which will be glued on my lap.

I also like to take a nice hike, and light one up, and just sit down next to a brook or stream and watch the water flow. It is sooo relaxing. I find it takes the edge off.

Peace brother,
Andrew
The Following User Says Thank You to Andrew, Jr. For This Useful Post:
Old 03-23-2010, 09:39 AM   #56
Linus

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Ok. I blame Andrew for this.

I ended up getting a small Churchwarden pipe (Savielli?), some CAO Vanilli tobacco and some pipe cleaners (both for the corn cob pipe and for the Churchwarden) as well as a simple bag for tobacco.

Jackhammer: thanks for the link on the tobaccos. I'll have to investigate more into what kinds I like (I know I have a sweet tooth and the Cavendish sound like they are up my alley).

Anyone (who smokes a pipe) use http://www.tobaccoreviews.com/index.cfm to find new tobaccos to try based on reviews?

Old 04-03-2010, 02:03 PM   #57
Linus

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

So I decided to treat myself this year with a special pipe: http://www.usedpipes.com/dupibrgr1ch.html Oh.. and pipesandcigars Trout Stream tobacco is great. Smells like molasses and tastes great!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Linus For This Useful Post:
Old 04-03-2010, 05:09 PM   #58
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,657 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation
Default Giving appreciation to you all

I don't smoke, but I love...love....LOVE the smell of a good pipe. Cigars are okay, but a good, smoky pipe...Heaven!

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 04-03-2010, 08:41 PM   #59
Linus

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
I don't smoke, but I love...love....LOVE the smell of a good pipe. Cigars are okay, but a good, smoky pipe...Heaven!

Hehe.. I never thought I'd enjoying smoking it but I remember growing up with my grandfather smoking it (I even seem to like his brand, Captain Black Royale). Oddly enough, K loves it too.

Andrew: dude! Thank you so much! That flake will go good in the new featherweight Peterson Calabash (thing is tiny!) but does smoke well! And I love the pouch as well! I think some Trout Stream will be in that since it's now my favourite.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Linus For This Useful Post:
Old 07-07-2010, 04:52 PM   #60
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Smile

Hi All,

Anyone smoking anything new?