Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > POLITICS, CULTURE, NEWS, MEDIA > In The News

Old 09-01-2016, 01:22 PM   #1
Lyte

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Meh... I'm not very particular about this.
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 5,113 Times in 1,504 Posts
Lyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST Reputation
Default South Florida LGBTQ bars on alert after threat of Pulse-style massacre

FYI... link at the bottom

Police in a Fort Lauderdale, Fla. suburb are looking for a man with an extensive criminal record who posted a frightening threat on Facebook: “It’s time to clean up Wilton Manors from all you AIDS-infested losers,” and “None of you deserve to live. If you losers thought the Pulse Nightclub shooting was bad, wait ’til you see what I’m planning for Labor Day.”

WTVJ-TV identified the man as Craig Jungwirth, and reported his profile on social media is that of a different man. Jungwirth is accused by blogger Tim Peacock of being a scam artist, and the TV station revealed Jungiwirth has a number of restraining orders against him and had previously faced charges of stalking.

Wilton Manors City Commissioner issued this statement, after alerting both local police and the county sheriff:

“Our City stakeholders and the Wilton Manors Police Department will take all action necessary to protect our City and community. The culture in which we live no longer permits threats of mass murder without serious legal consequence. Mr. Jungwirth must be held accountable for his intended violence against a targeted group, and his vile comments and mental instability are indicators of impending disaster in the absence of quick and decisive action by law enforcement.”

Local LGBTQ-friendly bars and clubs, such as Rumors Bar and Grill, are hiring armed guards for the holiday weekend to beef up security.

“He wants to do bigger than the Orlando massacre and he wants to come down here and do it in Wilton manors,” said Nick Berry, owner of Rumors. “He’s talking about the gay community in a hateful way.”

And his hate extends to African-Americans, based on a racial slur in one of the posts he made, before Facebook deleted his account:

“I’m gonna be killing you fags faster than the cops kill niggers.

Peacock said he’s heard from sources that local law enforcement have also teamed-up with the FBI.

http://www.lgbtqnation.com/2016/08/s...tyle-massacre/

P.S. Doesn't appear to be bogus... here's the new report on the issue.

http://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local/A...391825931.html
Lyte is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Lyte For This Useful Post:
Old 09-05-2016, 03:17 AM   #2
FireSignFemme

How Do You Identify?:
N/A

3 Highscores

Thanked 10,512 Times in 3,155 Posts
FireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
Police in a Fort Lauderdale, Fla. suburb are looking for a man with an extensive criminal record who posted a frightening threat on Facebook....
Thank you Lyte for posting this. Too often we hear about this type of thing only after people have already been stalked, injured, tortured or even worse killed. Then suddenly all sorts of people are coming out of the woodwork to say - Oh yeah I remember that looney doing this and that such and such warped and twisted thing way back when - you know I always did think to wonder about him/her/them. Well, I don't know about them but when it comes to something like this I for one appreciate a heads up so again thank you for the warning.
FireSignFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to FireSignFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 09-05-2016, 04:04 PM   #3
Lyte

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Meh... I'm not very particular about this.
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 5,113 Times in 1,504 Posts
Lyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST Reputation

Very welcome. It's cliche but in this day and age... better safe than sorry.
Lyte is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lyte For This Useful Post:
Old 09-05-2016, 06:27 PM   #4
MsTinkerbelly
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:

Thanked 22,960 Times in 5,020 Posts
MsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

They arrested him the other day on Parole violations I think it was. In any case, you need to be alert everywhere you go....check for exits when you arrive, set a meet up spot outside if you get separated...it's a scary world.
MsTinkerbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MsTinkerbelly For This Useful Post:
Old 09-05-2016, 07:29 PM   #5
Stud_puppy1991

How Do You Identify?:
butch, gentleman
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hy, Hym, "Hey Handsome", and also throwing in a "Sup man" or a "You're sexy" will work
Relationship Status:
Back to Bachelorhood

Stud_puppy1991 Has the BEST ReputationStud_puppy1991 Has the BEST ReputationStud_puppy1991 Has the BEST ReputationStud_puppy1991 Has the BEST ReputationStud_puppy1991 Has the BEST ReputationStud_puppy1991 Has the BEST ReputationStud_puppy1991 Has the BEST ReputationStud_puppy1991 Has the BEST ReputationStud_puppy1991 Has the BEST ReputationStud_puppy1991 Has the BEST ReputationStud_puppy1991 Has the BEST Reputation

I'm actually not surprised by the measures they are having to take. I mean, you can't blame them. What happened with Pulse was devastating. And do it's good that they are being alert. I remember being in South Florida back in July and I went to Pulse to pay my respects, it was heartbreaking, so if hopefully there can be measures taken to stop this, that is better yet
Stud_puppy1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Stud_puppy1991 For This Useful Post: