Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > RELATIONSHIPS, COMMUNITY, GROUPS > Building Community On Butchfemmeplanet.com

Old 02-06-2013, 10:48 PM   #1
morningstar55

How Do You Identify?:
femme,she
Preferred Pronoun?:
she,her,
Relationship Status:
very single

Thanked 4,241 Times in 1,845 Posts
morningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputation
Red face Valentines Day how do you celebrate it??

ok i wasn't quite sure how to word the title for this thread....
but here is some thoughts......
Dutch and I are going to be heading out for a nice dinner outing for Valentines day .... tomorrow ( Thursday) . a week early I know due to my job and all.
so I brought up , that a lot of restaurants have Valentines dinner deals.
Dutch thinks that sounds all fine and all.. BUT .... wonder's if we will have a problem being eligible to get a Valentines special , in what ever public restaurant. I would like to think we shouldnt have a problem.
Dutch is reminding me .... we are in Iowa.... but we will be in des monies.
i think most likely we are just going to order what we want with out any Valentines special thing......

any thoughts on this ???

life is to short to wake up in the morning with regrets
so love the people who treat you right,
forget about the ones who dont,
and believe that everything happens for a reason.
If you get a chance take it... if it changes your life let it.
morningstar55 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to morningstar55 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-06-2013, 10:54 PM   #2
LaneyDoll

How Do You Identify?:
Girly girl femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She; Ma'am; Miss ;)
Relationship Status:
Pitbull protected.

Thanked 7,689 Times in 1,610 Posts
LaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST Reputation

Well, Riley and I live four hours apart. Add to that, he does not really celebrate holidays.

So, I will send him a gift (because that is what I like to do) and I will spend the day with my kids

In the past, I have always attended a masked, erotic art exhibit that is a fundraiser for Rape Response. It is really cool. Lots of lovely artwork, people dressed in everything from jeans to tuxedos, tarot readers, jazz musicians, belly dancers-all under one roof.

But, it is held on the Sunday before Valentine's Day so it is not really a "day of" celebration.

Old 02-07-2013, 02:39 PM   #3
morningstar55

How Do You Identify?:
femme,she
Preferred Pronoun?:
she,her,
Relationship Status:
very single

Thanked 4,241 Times in 1,845 Posts
morningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputation

sooo no one has had any problems/ experiences good or bad in a public restaurant to celebrate Valentines or what ever ???

life is to short to wake up in the morning with regrets
so love the people who treat you right,
forget about the ones who dont,
and believe that everything happens for a reason.
If you get a chance take it... if it changes your life let it.
morningstar55 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to morningstar55 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-07-2013, 03:10 PM   #4
MaggieBluIze

How Do You Identify?:
Feisty Kick Butt Bratty Babygirl Femme LOL
Preferred Pronoun?:
Something Sweet Please =)
Relationship Status:
My rainbow bubble holds love, happiness and life with my sweet Husbutch Daddy Bass!

Thanked 5,385 Times in 1,504 Posts
MaggieBluIze Has the BEST ReputationMaggieBluIze Has the BEST ReputationMaggieBluIze Has the BEST ReputationMaggieBluIze Has the BEST ReputationMaggieBluIze Has the BEST ReputationMaggieBluIze Has the BEST ReputationMaggieBluIze Has the BEST ReputationMaggieBluIze Has the BEST ReputationMaggieBluIze Has the BEST ReputationMaggieBluIze Has the BEST ReputationMaggieBluIze Has the BEST Reputation

Hey Morningstar ...

I live in the Austin area, which is super gay friendly.

I can say that I never had a problem using or doing a "couples" thing.
A couple is a couple ... A date is a date ... It's never treated as something different.

Most times we've just said, "'We're going to have the Valentine's special" and nothing more.

I'm so happy you are going to be able to celebrate.
This is one of my favorite holidays. I tend to go all out.
It breaks my heart that it's going to be a solo run this year.

Have a blast ... Be a couple ... Be who you are ... Make it a night you will always remember!!!!
Old 02-07-2013, 06:11 PM   #5
feminality

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She Her
Relationship Status:
Living Life and Loving It !!!

Thanked 1,143 Times in 318 Posts
feminality Has the BEST Reputationfeminality Has the BEST Reputationfeminality Has the BEST Reputationfeminality Has the BEST Reputationfeminality Has the BEST Reputationfeminality Has the BEST Reputationfeminality Has the BEST Reputationfeminality Has the BEST Reputationfeminality Has the BEST Reputationfeminality Has the BEST Reputationfeminality Has the BEST Reputation
Default Not understanding the question

Quote:
Originally Posted by morningstar55 View Post
sooo no one has had any problems/ experiences good or bad in a public restaurant to celebrate Valentines or what ever ???
What kind of Problems are you looking to find ?? If your coupon or special deal is for Valentines day then NO you're Probably not going to have it honored ...If you're talking about the Gay Couple thing ... again you said it your self ... You're in Iowa ... where it's legal to marry your same sex partner ... So again No your probably not going to have any trouble

“A wise girl kisses but doesn't love, listens but doesn't believe, and leaves before she is left.”
― Marilyn Monroe

Last edited by feminality; 02-07-2013 at 06:17 PM. Reason: Spelling
feminality is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to feminality For This Useful Post:
Old 02-07-2013, 07:23 PM   #6
Guy

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 2,574 Times in 889 Posts
Guy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST ReputationGuy Has the BEST Reputation

I know if Valentines Day falls mid-week as it does this year, restaurants will usually run the special for three days after the holiday since it is the weekend.

I doubt they would be prepared to honor it the week before.
Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Guy For This Useful Post:
Old 02-07-2013, 07:47 PM   #7
The_Lady_Snow
MILLION $$$ PUSSY

How Do You Identify?:
Kinky, Raw, Perverted, Uber Queer Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Iconic Ms.
Relationship Status:
Keeper of 3, only one has the map to my freckles

Thanked 80,119 Times in 15,678 Posts
The_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST Reputation
Default Hmmm...

Quote:
Dutch and I are going to be heading out for a nice dinner outing for Valentines day .... tomorrow ( Thursday) . a week early I know due to my job and all.
Dutch thinks that sounds all fine and all.. BUT .... wonder's if we will have a problem being eligible to get a Valentines special , in what ever public restaurant. I would like to think we shouldnt have a problem.
i think most likely we are just going to order what we want with out any Valentines special thing......

any thoughts on this ???

I don't think they are going to want to honor a holiday the week before because the specials are a set menu, if you guys are celebrating early you could always call wherever you are going make a reservation, have them set it up with flowers and balloons and go ahead make it your special time a week before everyone else. Maybe if you call ahead and inquire they would oblige. Good luck!
"If you’re going to play these dirty games of ours, then you might as well indulge completely. It’s all about turning back into an animal and that’s the beauty of it. Place your guilt on the sidewalk and take a blow torch to it (guilt is usually worthless anyway). Be perverted, be filthy, do things that mannered people shouldn’t do. If you’re going to be gross then go for it and don’t wimp out."---Master Aiden

The_Lady_Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to The_Lady_Snow For This Useful Post:
Old 02-07-2013, 07:49 PM   #8
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,722 Times in 5,081 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

We went to an Indian restaurant that had a special Valentine's Day dinner one year. Usually places just want the money, I believe (at least in NYC!). We were considered amusing, I'd guess, lots of smiles at us, which was fine. I kind of had to specify at the beginning that we were a Valentine's couple because they tried to seat us as a non-Valentine's Day dining guests (in a different section of the restaurant that didn't have heart decorations on the table). A little awkwardness and then "ohhhh" .

This year we are going to another Indian restaurant, the one we went to on our very first date ever, and I think they get the deal with us. We get sly smiles and general kindness whenever we go there, usually for special occasions, which is all good. I requested seating for us at the table we sat at on that first date. What's embarrassing about that is that it happens to be the table closest to the bathroom, so I think it causes some questions when I say, "Please reserve us the table closest to the bathroom." I think that's more embarrassing than the gay issue!

We could choose a gayer restaurant, but we can't help loving Indian food, so we join a mainly straight crowd for Valentine's Day .

How do I... ?
Check out the Members Helping Members thread:
http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...embers+Helping
nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 02-11-2013, 03:26 PM   #9
femmeInterrupted

How Do You Identify?:
Queer femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she works out well ;)
Relationship Status:
Happily married.

Thanked 3,221 Times in 666 Posts
femmeInterrupted Has the BEST ReputationfemmeInterrupted Has the BEST ReputationfemmeInterrupted Has the BEST ReputationfemmeInterrupted Has the BEST ReputationfemmeInterrupted Has the BEST ReputationfemmeInterrupted Has the BEST ReputationfemmeInterrupted Has the BEST ReputationfemmeInterrupted Has the BEST ReputationfemmeInterrupted Has the BEST ReputationfemmeInterrupted Has the BEST ReputationfemmeInterrupted Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycfembbw View Post

We could choose a gayer restaurant, but we can't help loving Indian food, so we join a mainly straight crowd for Valentine's Day .
You need to come to Toronto! There's an awesome Indian restaurant right in our 'gay village/ghetto' on Church Street. So you get a great queer vibe along with outrageously yummy Vindaloo and Aloo Gobi!

Lila Watson

You say you love rain, but you use an umbrella to walk under it.
You say you love sun, but you seek shade when its shining.
You say you love wind, but when its comes you close your window.
So that's why I'm scared, when you say you love me.

-- Bob Marley
femmeInterrupted is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to femmeInterrupted For This Useful Post:
Old 02-11-2013, 03:49 PM   #10
SweetJane

How Do You Identify?:
stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
always solo

SweetJane Has the BEST ReputationSweetJane Has the BEST ReputationSweetJane Has the BEST ReputationSweetJane Has the BEST ReputationSweetJane Has the BEST ReputationSweetJane Has the BEST ReputationSweetJane Has the BEST ReputationSweetJane Has the BEST ReputationSweetJane Has the BEST ReputationSweetJane Has the BEST ReputationSweetJane Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

any thoughts on this ???

I think Lady Snow is right. Call ahead and ask for a Valentine's special. Most restaurants just want business.... Even if you kids went out on Valentine's Day in a big city, I don't think either one of our will have eyebrows lifted because of the strong butch-femme ID you both have. Just make sure the reservation is in Dutch's name as Dutch. In a place like Santa Fe, no one bats an eye here. Good luck and have a blast!
SweetJane is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SweetJane For This Useful Post:
Old 02-11-2013, 04:23 PM   #11
thedivahrrrself

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Sapiosexual Femme
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Grumpy Cat

1 Highscore
Tournaments Won: 4

Thanked 11,662 Times in 2,292 Posts
thedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Even in Oklahoma I've never had any trouble being recognized as part of a couple. No need to worry about problems until they actually arise.
thedivahrrrself is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to thedivahrrrself For This Useful Post:
Old 02-04-2014, 04:50 PM   #12
MsTinkerbelly
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:

Thanked 22,960 Times in 5,020 Posts
MsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Going camping at a lake just up the road from our new place...it's great that we have so much to do here.
MsTinkerbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MsTinkerbelly For This Useful Post:
Old 02-04-2014, 05:23 PM   #13
C0LLETTE
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Depends on the day.
Preferred Pronoun?:
"I" and "we"
Relationship Status:
Very good. Thank you for asking.

Thanked 15,265 Times in 4,345 Posts
C0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST Reputation

I join a dating site and hope for the best.
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to C0LLETTE For This Useful Post:
Old 02-04-2014, 05:38 PM   #14
DMW

How Do You Identify?:
FTM/Male (Will 14)
Relationship Status:
Caught An Angel and she doesn't lie!

Thanked 1,857 Times in 614 Posts
DMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST Reputation

Very carefully
DMW is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DMW For This Useful Post:
Old 02-05-2014, 04:48 AM   #15
Venus007

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Serene Highness ;}
Relationship Status:
Dreamily contemplating some outrage against conventional morality

Thanked 4,768 Times in 1,144 Posts
Venus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST Reputation

Very sexy evening, I am working 12 hours and she is working 8 hours then we are picking her elderly mom up from the rehab facility where her dad is staying then making dinner and going to bed.
Tah Dah!!!!!! Reel in envy at our wild cosmopolitan lifestyle

"So you'll die happily for your sins. You'd rather die in guilt then live in love?" Timothy Leary
Venus007 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Venus007 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-05-2014, 08:23 AM   #16
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

Thanked 14,115 Times in 2,999 Posts
easygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

Valentines happens to fall when we're already planning to be at a three day music/dance festival. I'm threatening to make him take a romantic waltzing class with me on Friday night. Which I think he is secretly more interested in than I am.
easygoingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 02-05-2014, 08:36 AM   #17
KayCee

How Do You Identify?:
Multifaceted Queer Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
It's a secret
Relationship Status:
And from my lips hye drew the hallelujah

Thanked 1,725 Times in 521 Posts
KayCee Has the BEST ReputationKayCee Has the BEST ReputationKayCee Has the BEST ReputationKayCee Has the BEST ReputationKayCee Has the BEST ReputationKayCee Has the BEST ReputationKayCee Has the BEST ReputationKayCee Has the BEST ReputationKayCee Has the BEST ReputationKayCee Has the BEST ReputationKayCee Has the BEST Reputation

We're planning on spending the afternoon at a nearby Spa and having some good food and wine at their lounge. Maybe some massages too..we'll see..
Old 02-05-2014, 09:08 AM   #18
Katniss

How Do You Identify?:
Dame, doll, twist, dish
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ladylike ones
Relationship Status:

Thanked 10,392 Times in 2,094 Posts
Katniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST Reputation
Default A different kind of conversation heart....

I have a Valentine's tradition that started when my daughter was a toddler.

Every Jan. 31st I cut out a large heart on paper and write "(kiddo's name), I love you because you are....." and tape it to her bedroom door. Then every night until Feb. 14th I cut out another heart shaped piece of paper and write something I love about her and tape it to her door while she is sleeping. I try and use different colors and patterns of paper and by Feb. 14th her door is covered in beautiful Valentines that remind her how special she is to me and how much she has to offer the world.

What is so neat is as of last year she has been doing the same to my door. I love this special and non-commercialized way to celebrate the holiday.

Katniss~~
Katniss is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Katniss For This Useful Post:
Old 02-05-2014, 09:17 AM   #19
KayCee

How Do You Identify?:
Multifaceted Queer Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
It's a secret
Relationship Status:
And from my lips hye drew the hallelujah

Thanked 1,725 Times in 521 Posts
KayCee Has the BEST ReputationKayCee Has the BEST ReputationKayCee Has the BEST ReputationKayCee Has the BEST ReputationKayCee Has the BEST ReputationKayCee Has the BEST ReputationKayCee Has the BEST ReputationKayCee Has the BEST ReputationKayCee Has the BEST ReputationKayCee Has the BEST ReputationKayCee Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katniss View Post
I have a Valentine's tradition that started when my daughter was a toddler.

Every Jan. 31st I cut out a large heart on paper and write "(kiddo's name), I love you because you are....." and tape it to her bedroom door. Then every night until Feb. 14th I cut out another heart shaped piece of paper and write something I love about her and tape it to her door while she is sleeping. I try and use different colors and patterns of paper and by Feb. 14th her door is covered in beautiful Valentines that remind her how special she is to me and how much she has to offer the world.

What is so neat is as of last year she has been doing the same to my door. I love this special and non-commercialized way to celebrate the holiday.

Katniss~~
This is such a special and sweet idea!
Old 02-05-2014, 09:45 AM   #20
C0LLETTE
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Depends on the day.
Preferred Pronoun?:
"I" and "we"
Relationship Status:
Very good. Thank you for asking.

Thanked 15,265 Times in 4,345 Posts
C0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST Reputation

Oh Valentines is such a circumstantial celebration. I remember when my daughter's school stopped obliging kids to celebrate Father's Day because so many kids didn't have fathers. I guess I feel a bit like that about Valentines Day... lol.... oh, and sigh.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to C0LLETTE For This Useful Post: