Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > BUTCHFEMMEPLANET.COM NEWS AND INFORMATION > Questions from Members/ Troubleshooting

Old 09-16-2011, 08:02 PM   #1
SoNotHer

How Do You Identify?:
Professional Sandbagger and Jenga Zumba Instructor

Location: In the master control room of my world domination dreams
Thanked 4,736 Times in 1,409 Posts
SoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST Reputation
Default Posting Music Videos

Hollylane hipped me to the YouTube button on the dashboard, but I must be using it incorrectly when I post.

At YouTube, I'm clicking "Share" and then copying the URL and pasting it into the post. With the URL blocked, I click on the YouTube icon in the dashboard. But I'm still not seeing anything but a link.

I appreciate any help.
Old 09-16-2011, 08:09 PM   #2
Tawse

How Do You Identify?:
TG Gender Queer
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 2,739 Times in 644 Posts
Tawse Has the BEST ReputationTawse Has the BEST ReputationTawse Has the BEST ReputationTawse Has the BEST ReputationTawse Has the BEST ReputationTawse Has the BEST ReputationTawse Has the BEST ReputationTawse Has the BEST ReputationTawse Has the BEST ReputationTawse Has the BEST ReputationTawse Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoNotHer View Post
Hollylane hipped me to the YouTube button on the dashboard, but I must be using it incorrectly when I post.

At YouTube, I'm clicking "Share" and then copying the URL and pasting it into the post. With the URL blocked, I click on the YouTube icon in the dashboard. But I'm still not seeing anything but a link.

I appreciate any help.
this is what I do:

I just go to the video I want. Go up to the addie bar, you'll see something like this:

http ://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVNjx4k8mWk

Copy the part AFTER the "v=" or SVNjx4k8mWk (for this You Tube)

Paste the results in here.

Highlight the results that you just pasted in your message and click on the YouTube icon in the toolbar above the message box.

That should give you the embedded linkage.

Tawse is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tawse For This Useful Post:
Old 09-16-2011, 08:11 PM   #3
SoNotHer

How Do You Identify?:

SoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST Reputation

Trying...

Old 09-16-2011, 08:12 PM   #4
SoNotHer

How Do You Identify?:

Default Trying again

Old 09-16-2011, 08:13 PM   #5
Tawse

How Do You Identify?:
TG Gender Queer
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Married

Tawse Has the BEST ReputationTawse Has the BEST ReputationTawse Has the BEST ReputationTawse Has the BEST ReputationTawse Has the BEST ReputationTawse Has the BEST ReputationTawse Has the BEST ReputationTawse Has the BEST ReputationTawse Has the BEST ReputationTawse Has the BEST ReputationTawse Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Trying...

Take the "v=" out of your youtube
Old 09-16-2011, 08:14 PM   #6
SoNotHer

How Do You Identify?:

Default With no "v" in the link

Old 09-16-2011, 08:16 PM   #7
Tawse

How Do You Identify?:
TG Gender Queer
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Married

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
[YOUTUBE]

for the second one you have this in the YouTube:

v=wx6sd2Uiapk&feature=related

take out the v= and everything after the video tag which is: wx6sd2Uiapk

so remove the &feature=related.

All you're interested in is the video tag.
Old 09-16-2011, 08:17 PM   #8
SoNotHer

How Do You Identify?:

Default Once more with feeling...

or feeling like a foolish femme.... lol I wasn't deleting the equal sign as you clearly instructed. Thank you, Tawse. You rock :-)

Old 10-09-2011, 11:13 AM   #9
willow
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
sugar and spice
Preferred Pronoun?:
she

Thanked 6,751 Times in 1,837 Posts
willow Has the BEST Reputationwillow Has the BEST Reputationwillow Has the BEST Reputationwillow Has the BEST Reputationwillow Has the BEST Reputationwillow Has the BEST Reputationwillow Has the BEST Reputationwillow Has the BEST Reputationwillow Has the BEST Reputationwillow Has the BEST Reputationwillow Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawse View Post
this is what I do:

I just go to the video I want. Go up to the addie bar, you'll see something like this:

http ://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVNjx4k8mWk

Copy the part AFTER the "v=" or SVNjx4k8mWk (for this You Tube)

Paste the results in here.

Highlight the results that you just pasted in your message and click on the YouTube icon in the toolbar above the message box.

That should give you the embedded linkage.

So, after an HOUR of trying to post a music video I finally think.... oO(perhaps one of the very cool and talented geeky peeps posted instructions....)

What do you know... someone did!

http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs11/i/20...ockAvatars.gif

willow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to willow For This Useful Post:
Old 10-09-2011, 01:12 PM   #10
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch (Silver Fox) Dom Daddi
Preferred Pronoun?:
50 Shades of Clay Darker & Deeper
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Thanked 31,683 Times in 7,714 Posts
clay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Hey SNH: I can't do it either! I have tried & tried..so just gave up.... Glad you finally got it going..and now flutter has it mastered.....whoohooo..maybe sometime in this century I will, too! Hugs to all of you..and yes, Tawse you rock!