Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > FUN > The Fluffy Stuff: Flirting, Humor, Chat

Notices

Old 04-03-2019, 05:43 PM   #621
Lyte

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Meh... I'm not very particular about this.
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 5,113 Times in 1,504 Posts
Lyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST Reputation

New on NETFLIX … Kevin Hart Irresponsible . Dude is so funny!
Lyte is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Lyte For This Useful Post:
Old 04-04-2019, 11:31 PM   #622
bright_arrow
☆ the stars are aligned ☆

How Do You Identify?:
strong, independent, badass redhead
Preferred Pronoun?:
babygirl, buttercup, sugah
Relationship Status:
married to my Boo Daddy <3

Thanked 9,359 Times in 2,295 Posts
bright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

We watched Hoarders on the Kindle while we sat in the car at the laundry mat waiting for our comforter and clothes to dry. One man bought three houses to house all the "collectibles" he bought!
bright_arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bright_arrow For This Useful Post:
Old 04-05-2019, 05:16 PM   #623
Lyte

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
Single

Lyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST Reputation

Just learned today that Amazon has … Movies For Cats! I kinda like watching it myself!

Just caught this mean ol' blue something... not a Jay... scare off a poor lil Chipmunk. lol Meanie!!!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Lyte For This Useful Post:
Old 04-06-2019, 06:39 AM   #624
dark_crystal
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
jenny
Preferred Pronoun?:
babygirl
Relationship Status:
First Lady of the United SMH

Thanked 26,589 Times in 4,691 Posts
dark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputation

On Hulu:

Southwest of Salem: The Story of the San Antonio Four
Southwest of Salem: The Story of the San Antonio Four is a 2016 documentary directed by Deborah Esquenazi and produced by Sam Tabet about the persecution of four Latina lesbians in 1997 and 1998 who allegedly gang-raped two young girls. The story investigates the wrongful convictions of Elizabeth Ramirez, Cassandra Rivera, Kristie Mayhugh, and Anna Vasquez in the midst of the Satanic Panic witch-hunt era of the 1980s and 1990s.
This was devastating
Old 05-12-2019, 12:36 AM   #625
Amulette

How Do You Identify?:
Ma chérie, a sweet thing.
Preferred Pronoun?:
feminine
Relationship Status:
Following the scent of flowers.

Amulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST Reputation
Default Epic Turkish television series

Resurrection: Ertugrul
Dirilis: Ertugrul (original title)

This is one of the best television series I have ever watched on Netflix. It's in Turkish with English subtitles. IMHO it is as good as Game of Thrones and has a worldwide following.

The storyline and characters depict real-life heroes from Turkish history. The story follows the lives, beliefs, and migrations of the Kayi nomadic tribe who's faith and conquests led to the establishment of the Ottoman Empire.

One of the things I like most about this series is that it does a magnificent job of sharing with the world the beauty of the Muslim faith, how they think, what inspires them and what they had to face to build their empire. In their own words and from their viewpoint. Culturally rich, great storyline and acting. You can't help but fall in Love with the characters. I'm moved by the purity of heart, love, tenderness, faith, and fierceness of these beautiful people.

I have a new heartfelt respect for Islam from hearing their story. Something I feel is much needed in this time that I believe will sadly (and embarrassingly) be referred to as "The Cretin Uprising" in U.S. history 'books.
Amulette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 05:47 AM   #626
dark_crystal
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
jenny
Preferred Pronoun?:
babygirl
Relationship Status:
First Lady of the United SMH

Thanked 26,589 Times in 4,691 Posts
dark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputation

Yesterday we binged POSE and DEAD TO ME

we also watched WINE COUNTRY

all were good
Old 05-22-2019, 04:40 PM   #627
charley
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
gentle stonebutch [vanilla]
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 1,204 Times in 422 Posts
charley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputation
Cool Years and Years

I have just begun watching "Years and Years" a BBC "drama" 2019- ... 1st season will be six episodes. Emma Thompson plays Vivienne Rook, a founder of some Think Tank... and while grinning, my jaw dropped in the same way as when I saw the first episode of "House of Cards", like OMG!!! This Brit drama is brilliant, and this looks extraordinary to say the least.

It starts off with Rook being interviewed on some show, saying:

"I just don't understand the world any more.
It all made sense up until a few years back.
The left was the left, the right was the right.
America was America.
I just kissed the kids goodnight, turned out the lights, looked forward to
waking up the next day.
I dread it now, every day.
Dread."

A moderator on the TV panel asks her:
"What would you say to a Palestinian
family on the Gaza Strip, when Israel has reduced
the electricity supply to two hours a day?"

"Two hours!?"
"Yeah, I know."

And so Rook (Emma Thompson) goes on to say:
"I know, but I suppose when it comes to Israel and Palestine...
... I don't give a f***."

Shocking, eh?

And so this is how the first episode begins...
charley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 04:48 PM   #628
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
cleverly disguised as a responsible adult*
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

Location: in my heart I'm going to Carolina...but I'm in MA for now
Thanked 27,369 Times in 6,858 Posts
cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_crystal View Post
Yesterday we binged POSE and DEAD TO ME

we also watched WINE COUNTRY

all were good
Dead to Me was GREAT! I also binged it and was sad when I realized I had watched the last one Wine Country was very cute. Pose I've not heard of, but I'm going to look into it since our tastes seem similar.
Old 05-24-2019, 01:05 AM   #629
Amulette

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
feminine
Relationship Status:

Amulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST Reputation
Default "I like doing smart things with smart people" Prince Yi

Rise of the Phoenixes on Netflix. A great love story with insight into Chinese thought and culture. Fabulous sets and costumes. Subtitles....

Old 05-24-2019, 04:32 PM   #630
Amulette

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
feminine
Relationship Status:

Default Tidying Up with Marie Kondo

I A.D.O.R.E. Marie Kondo. She is like this fierce tidying (organizing) fairy that can teach us how to live simpler by only owning what we love. She also teaches how to respect and honor our homes and belongings. I love the way she gets kids, well, all family members involved and teaches them to take responsibility for their own things. She is my house fairy
The Following User Says Thank You to Amulette For This Useful Post:
Old 05-25-2019, 11:31 AM   #631
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 34,085 Times in 8,588 Posts
Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation

It’s a tale about two women who return home after the death of their mother. Everything about this show (acting, writing, story lines) is good and the music is superb.

It’s on STARZ and I’m watching it through ON DEMAND.

This is a story about a psycopathic assassin. If nothing else, this child is original and inventive. It has top-shelf writing, acting and the music is on time. Tomorrow’s episode is the season finale and I’m wondering who will die. I think it will be Konstantin, Carolyn, or Kenny. We’ll see.

It’s on AMC here in the States and I’m watching it on ON DEMAND.
Orema is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 05-25-2019, 08:16 PM   #632
Lyte

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
Single

Chernobyl (HBO) ... really amazing five part series. Excellent writing and acting. Dramatized and still very accurate. A central theme, in addition to the disaster itself, is the cost of all the lies told from the very start.

There's a companion podcast with the writer Craig Mazin and Peter Sagel of NPR.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Lyte For This Useful Post:
Old 05-26-2019, 08:31 PM   #633
VintageFemme

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 7,640 Times in 1,657 Posts
VintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST Reputation
Default Bird Box

I watched Bird Box on Netflix yesterday. Wow. I wasn't sure how I felt about it until an hour afterwards when I realized I was still thinking about it. Sandra Bullock is always wonderful to watch but this movie was so intense and she did such an amazing job I thought. I liked it a lot.
Old 05-27-2019, 08:38 PM   #634
Bèsame*
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femm
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
☀️☀️☀️

Thanked 39,524 Times in 10,203 Posts
Bèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST Reputation

Dead To Me
What If
The Highwaymen
Killing Eve

A kiss is a whisper in your mouth.
Can I borrow a kiss? I promise to give it back.
Bèsame* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bèsame* For This Useful Post:
Old 05-27-2019, 09:45 PM   #635
Doc2020

How Do You Identify?:
Femme with a tiny touch of Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Not particular, her/she
Relationship Status:
Just browsing

Doc2020 is on a distinguished road
Default What If

Netflix binge 'What/If' until the wee hours of the morning. Mesmerized by Renee Zellweger, wished the role played by Daniella Nicolle Pineda offered more screen time. Great first season.
Doc2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Doc2020 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-03-2019, 05:15 PM   #636
Lyte

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
Single

Just started watching GOOD OMENS. It's unique and with an interesting premise. It's not as amusing as I believe it's intended to be but it's intriguing enough to keep going.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lyte For This Useful Post:
Old 06-04-2019, 09:45 AM   #637
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 34,085 Times in 8,588 Posts
Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation
Default When They See Us | Official Trailer [HD] | Netflix

WARNING: TRIGGERS

From Netflix:

Based on a true story that gripped the country, When They See Us will chronicle the notorious case of five teenagers of color, labeled the Central Park Five, who were convicted of a rape they did not commit. The four part limited series will focus on the five teenagers from Harlem -- Antron McCray, Kevin Richardson, Yusef Salaam, Raymond Santana and Korey Wise. Beginning in the spring of 1989, when the teenagers were first questioned about the incident, the series will span 25 years, highlighting their exoneration in 2002 and the settlement reached with the city of New York in 2014.

When They See Us was created by Ava DuVernay, who also co-wrote and directed the four parts. Jeff Skoll and Jonathan King from Participant Media, Oprah Winfrey from Harpo Films, and Jane Rosenthal, Berry Welsh and Robert De Niro from Tribeca Productions will executive produce the limited series alongside DuVernay through her banner, Forward Movement. In addition to DuVernay, Attica Locke, Robin Swicord, and Michael Starrburry also serve as writers on the limited series.

I don't have Netflix but may get it to watch this.
Orema is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 06-04-2019, 12:25 PM   #638
Lyte

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
Single

Cute! Funny and quirky in spots. Keanu Reeves makes a fun appearance. Made me miss San Francisco something fierce!

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Lyte For This Useful Post:
Old 06-05-2019, 09:30 PM   #639
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Monogamously Attached to my boyfriend and future husband.

Thanked 31,991 Times in 9,939 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

Wix Original Web Series: Up For Anything: Fashion Show In The Sky (Ep.1), and Episode 2 -- The Aoki Wave.

_____ ______

Last edited by Kätzchen; 06-05-2019 at 09:35 PM.
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 06-08-2019, 08:07 PM   #640
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Thanked 27,118 Times in 5,117 Posts
GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

It's a new Tales of the City on Netflix! This is a continuation of what has gone before. The gang's all here for Mrs. Madrigal's 90th birthday party, played by, of course, Olympia Dukakis. It has been very updated and takes place in the present day.

I cried TWICE in the first episode, and I'm not a cryer. It was just so great to see Mary Ann Singleton and "Mouse" and everyone. There are many new additions to the cast, as well. If you have ever read these books or watched the series on TV, I urge you to check this one out. It's fantastic. And if you've never read the books or seen the show - you owe it to yourself.

It's been so lonely without you here
Like a bird without a song
Nothing can stop these lonely tears from falling . . .
'Cause nothing compares, nothing compares 2 U

- Prince
GeorgiaMa'am is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post: