Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 11-27-2014, 07:34 PM   #1981
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,723 Times in 5,081 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

Sunday: 30 min stair master / 30 min back and leg exercises

Monday: 30 min stair master / 30 min weight lifting and abs

Today: 60 min. stair master. New stair masters! It's like coming in and seeing a friend has been replaced! It's quite startling! These new stair masters are "hipsters." I have to pick from walking up the steps of the Empire State Building, etc. I chose the highest one because... why not. It was Burj Khalifa in Dubai at 255 floors! I did it in an hour (600 cal.). These new stair masters are not old school but they have their own modern charms. I got to enter my initials (like a video game!) for being the 5th highest climb in the past week. I can tell this will become a new challenge!

Then I did a combined hour of abs, leg weights, weight lifting, yoga, tai chi, and back exercises.

Guess who else was there on Thanksgiving? Jill.

My eating has been a real struggle (bingeing) due to some personal problems (not relationship related!) and really just this time of year. So it makes me feel so much better physically and mentally to get in tune with my body while exercising. It also helps me to have my friends here on this thread.

How do I... ?
Check out the Members Helping Members thread:
http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...embers+Helping
nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 11-28-2014, 06:39 AM   #1982
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

That sounds so fun, Jennifer! I'd enjoy those stair climbers as well. This year typically wrecks havoc with everyone, in one way or another. Kudos to you for doing what you need to do to keep yourself steady as she goes.

No gym this morning, as I mentioned earlier. I did get a nice, albeit chilly, walk around my little neighborhood though. I startled someone who wasn't expecting anyone else to be about at 6:30 in the morning. Ooopsie.

It's not the same benefit as the gym but it's enough to get me through the day normally. I haven't had two gymless days, back to back, before so I'm a little worried about tomorrow especially since it will be busy for me. Hopefully, things will work out just fine.

Carry on, exercisers!

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 11-28-2014, 09:03 AM   #1983
Cailin

How Do You Identify?:
Female.. and it's pronounced "cah-leen", not cay-lin
Preferred Pronoun?:
You
Relationship Status:
In one

Thanked 2,630 Times in 739 Posts
Cailin Has the BEST ReputationCailin Has the BEST ReputationCailin Has the BEST ReputationCailin Has the BEST ReputationCailin Has the BEST ReputationCailin Has the BEST ReputationCailin Has the BEST ReputationCailin Has the BEST ReputationCailin Has the BEST ReputationCailin Has the BEST ReputationCailin Has the BEST Reputation

I woke up and got dressed. excersize complete I'm on excersize vacation until tomorrow. then it will be "walk everywhere"
Old 11-28-2014, 04:46 PM   #1984
ProfPacker

How Do You Identify?:
butch/MOC
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hy/hym/hys but in circumstances like work and some other places she
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 4,816 Times in 1,187 Posts
ProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST Reputation

20 minutes treadmill did 1.5 miles which is a personal best for me. 40 minutes weights and machines, including 100 ab crunches, swam 26 laps. I am definitely "chill", so relaxed my brain is much, feels great
ProfPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ProfPacker For This Useful Post:
Old 11-29-2014, 06:49 AM   #1985
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

I did half an hour walking outside except for the few minutes I ducked into a building and walked around in there. My legs were getting numb and I figured the stairs would help stretch things out a bit more. I still have a knot in my thigh and hip, but it's manageable.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 11-29-2014, 07:10 PM   #1986
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Yesterday and today I did essentially the same routine as on Thursday: 1 hour on the new StairMaster climbing to the top of the Burj Khalifa in Dubai (255 floors, 600 cal), followed by an hour of weight lifting and floor exercises (abs, legs, back, and stretching). The new StairMaster routine is a killer and almost causes me exercise induced asthma but not quite (If it did, I'd definitely climb something less daunting.). Don't know about you guys, but I love love love intense exercise even if it is in sprints (which I do on the StairMaster since I've picked a random speed program). When I exercise outside, it is never as intense as at the gym because I have more control over making myself comfortable. If I ran outside, that would likely be different, but that feels too risky for my knees. So when I exercise outside I just tend to do a longer routine. The beauty and connection with nature makes up for the lack of intensity when outside. End ramble.

How do I... ?
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 11-29-2014, 08:14 PM   #1987
SmoothButch

How Do You Identify?:
human
Preferred Pronoun?:
X
Relationship Status:
Happily enjoying my life

Thanked 1,297 Times in 400 Posts
SmoothButch Has the BEST ReputationSmoothButch Has the BEST ReputationSmoothButch Has the BEST ReputationSmoothButch Has the BEST ReputationSmoothButch Has the BEST ReputationSmoothButch Has the BEST ReputationSmoothButch Has the BEST ReputationSmoothButch Has the BEST ReputationSmoothButch Has the BEST ReputationSmoothButch Has the BEST ReputationSmoothButch Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Wink

I ran 3.2 miles in 34 minutes outside and improved my pace to a 10.54 minute mile.
Old 11-30-2014, 10:11 AM   #1988
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmoothButch View Post
I ran 3.2 miles in 34 minutes outside and improved my pace to a 10.54 minute mile.
New name: SpeedyButch.

Congrats!

I'm misunderestimated.
Old 11-30-2014, 10:20 AM   #1989
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

I had an awesome workout this morning, y'all!

I slept in and there weren't very many people at the gym. The weather's beautiful outside, so I'm guessing they either also slept in longer than me or they are out and about doing family stuff for the rest of the holiday weekend.

The gym was hot but not as hot as usual so that was a nice touch also.

T33, random program, level 5
Stats: 410 cal, 3.67 mi, 65:00 min
Intervals:

2 @ 60 sec @ 5 mph
2 @ 60 sec @ 5.2 mph
2 @ 60 sec @ 5.4 mph
1 @ 90 sec @ 5.1 mph
1 @ 90 sec @ 5.3 mph

This was followed by my upper body workout. 10 reps and 3 sets at each machine except for the back machine. I did 2 sets of 25 reps. For the abs, I do two exercises with my feet at different positions, targeting a different section of the abs each time. I did a hair shy of the 10 x 3 formula since I know my work day tomorrow is going to be verrrry physically demanding so I can't have sore abs. As it is, I may have pushed it just a bit with the upper body machines but I'll make sure to stretch good throughout the day and to take 2 anti-inflammatories before bed.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 11-30-2014, 06:02 PM   #1990
SmoothButch

How Do You Identify?:
human
Preferred Pronoun?:
X
Relationship Status:
Happily enjoying my life

Thanked 1,297 Times in 400 Posts
SmoothButch Has the BEST ReputationSmoothButch Has the BEST ReputationSmoothButch Has the BEST ReputationSmoothButch Has the BEST ReputationSmoothButch Has the BEST ReputationSmoothButch Has the BEST ReputationSmoothButch Has the BEST ReputationSmoothButch Has the BEST ReputationSmoothButch Has the BEST ReputationSmoothButch Has the BEST ReputationSmoothButch Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
New name: SpeedyButch.

Congrats!
Thanks ha!
Old 12-01-2014, 07:04 AM   #1991
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Today is just not a happy day. Bad sleep during the night, higher pain level and I have a ton of manual labor to do today that involves a lot of crouching and bending and kneeling. Oy.

Short workout. I was running late.

T33, random program, levels 8 and 10
Stats: 209 cal, 1.76 mi, 35:00 min
No intervals

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 12-01-2014, 08:52 PM   #1992
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Yesterday (Sunday) I did the same workout I did for the 4 day TG weekeend (stair master 1 hour/600 cal followed by an hour of weight lifting, abs, legs, yoga).

Today being back at work I cut it to an hour, with 30 min. stair master and then weight lifting, abs, and stretching.

I am still thoroughly enthralled with the new gimmick of climbing up stairs of monuments in other countries forced upon me by the new Stair Masters. I also remain geekily thrilled with getting to enter my initials in competition with the other Stair junkies. No complaints! Maybe more sleep... Tomorrow is a two job day, and will be a day off from the gym for sure.

What anti-inflammatories do you take Gemme? I usually don't need anything (I have a "sit on my ass" job unlike you) but when I lift too much weight or strain something I use an icey hot medicated stick on pad and find it really helpful at night.

How do I... ?
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 12-01-2014, 10:16 PM   #1993
firegal

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Don't let the gal part of my screen name fool ya I,m ALL butch!

1 Highscore

Thanked 11,736 Times in 2,469 Posts
firegal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default ....

Progressing even more.... Pumped iron and cardio.... Felt like I ate like a pig... For the weekend.... Lost 1 lb.

YES!
firegal is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to firegal For This Useful Post:
Old 12-02-2014, 12:26 AM   #1994
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Thanked 15,382 Times in 2,541 Posts
Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycfem View Post
Yesterday (Sunday) I did the same workout I did for the 4 day TG weekeend (stair master 1 hour/600 cal followed by an hour of weight lifting, abs, legs, yoga).

Today being back at work I cut it to an hour, with 30 min. stair master and then weight lifting, abs, and stretching.

I am still thoroughly enthralled with the new gimmick of climbing up stairs of monuments in other countries forced upon me by the new Stair Masters. I also remain geekily thrilled with getting to enter my initials in competition with the other Stair junkies. No complaints! Maybe more sleep... Tomorrow is a two job day, and will be a day off from the gym for sure.

What anti-inflammatories do you take Gemme? I usually don't need anything (I have a "sit on my ass" job unlike you) but when I lift too much weight or strain something I use an icey hot medicated stick on pad and find it really helpful at night.
I think your stair master sounds like a hoot! I should try the one at my gym now that I don't live in a third floor walk up. Stairs used to be a regular part of life anytime I did anything. All of the equipment is recent but I don't recall monitors on them. Maybe I'll give it a try in a couple of days, I think the recumbent bike is on the menu until then.

This morning I thought snow shoveling would be the upper body workout, but it turned out to be decorative only for a few hours.
Kelt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 12-02-2014, 03:11 AM   #1995
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
cleverly disguised as a responsible adult*
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

Location: in my heart I'm going to Carolina...but I'm in MA for now
Thanked 27,369 Times in 6,857 Posts
cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

I think my inability to sleep is directly related to my lack of exercise...

This changes tomorrow! I always start out meaning to do yoga in the morning and then I start cleaning...no mas. I need to make it the first thing I do every day..no matter what!!
Old 12-02-2014, 07:00 AM   #1996
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycfem View Post

Generics, basically. Fake Aleve and Tylenol and that kind of stuff.

I do have hot packs and Icy Hot in the house as well as a freezer/hot pack but that's not a regular thing.

I'm misunderestimated.
Old 12-02-2014, 07:02 AM   #1997
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Today was a good workout. Low pain level and I even woke up a couple of minutes before the alarm.

T35, random program, levels 5-8
Stats: 282 cal, 2.43 mi, 45:00 min
Intervals: 1 @ 90 sec @ 5.3 mph and 3 @ 60 sec @ 5.3 mph

I saw Twinkle Toes today!

I'm misunderestimated.
Old 12-02-2014, 09:40 AM   #1998
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
cleverly disguised as a responsible adult*
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

Location: in my heart I'm going to Carolina...but I'm in MA for now
Thanked 27,369 Times in 6,857 Posts
cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

I did indeed do my yoga...and wow...am one tightly wound girl....

I always forget how my hamstrings get excessively tight when I don't stretch. This definitely needs to be an every day thing for me again...

Now to plan on some cardio....
Old 12-02-2014, 10:49 AM   #1999
Talon

How Do You Identify?:
Divine Feminine
Preferred Pronoun?:

Thanked 10,229 Times in 3,305 Posts
Talon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST Reputation
Question

I just wondered if anyone here had tried aerial yoga?
Talon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Talon For This Useful Post:
Old 12-02-2014, 12:36 PM   #2000
traumaqueen

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
that grrl
Relationship Status:
happily occupied and awfully engaged.

traumaqueen Has the BEST Reputationtraumaqueen Has the BEST Reputationtraumaqueen Has the BEST Reputationtraumaqueen Has the BEST Reputationtraumaqueen Has the BEST Reputationtraumaqueen Has the BEST Reputationtraumaqueen Has the BEST Reputationtraumaqueen Has the BEST Reputationtraumaqueen Has the BEST Reputationtraumaqueen Has the BEST Reputationtraumaqueen Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon View Post
I just wondered if anyone here had tried aerial yoga?

Hmm not aerial, but I've done "paddleboard" yoga a few times now. It requires some decent athleticism.

Tags
exercise, weights