Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 09-28-2017, 09:22 PM   #3561
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
cleverly disguised as a responsible adult*
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

Location: in my heart I'm going to Carolina...but I'm in MA for now
Thanked 27,369 Times in 6,857 Posts
cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

Started my morning with yoga

Then a hilly walk

Then hours of demo...and I'm gonna do it all again tomorrow until I have to leave for work.
Old 09-29-2017, 08:02 AM   #3562
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Thanked 31,926 Times in 9,907 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
I'm so far off the wagon, I can't even see the wheels any more.

I'm glad you've not had much time for your usual exercise routine, Gemme! You has such a rough time at work last winter with all that shoveling of snow, so I think it's great that you're on a break from your routine.

I miss reading Jenny's posts tho.....She's always watching some type of documentary, plus I am curious about that person who was found sleeping in the locker room...well, heck, Jenny's observations on her workout sessions always pique my interest!

P. S. I walked a fair amount yesterday. Day before at pool therapy left me ruined for the entire day! Today it will most likely be the same story after my pool session with PT
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 09-29-2017, 12:30 PM   #3563
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,587 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

I too miss reading Jenny's posts plus I am curious about that person also!
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 10-09-2017, 05:57 PM   #3564
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,722 Times in 5,081 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

Oh my goodness, this is how long it's been since I've exercised- a.k.a when I started back at school! Today I took a long walk with my bff and her 3 y.o. son who used his scooter. It was too hard to count the time because of all the stops and starts of being with a toddler, but I did get 10,000 steps from the health data on my iphone . Oh, and it was raining and humid. We went to Central Park.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycfem View Post
I'm way behind on my reporting! 4 work-outs to report:

Friday- forget about Labor Day weekend early closing- grrrr, arrived and had to go home without even going inside!

Saturday- 30 min stairmaster, 30 min weightlifting and floor exercises

Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday- 30 min stairmaster. I watched Ladyboys on Amazon Prime about trans Thai women. It's a doc t.v. series, very interesting, learned a lot.

How do I... ?
Check out the Members Helping Members thread:
http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...embers+Helping
nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 10-10-2017, 09:15 PM   #3565
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

4 hours of manual labor that was unintentional and unexpected and nonconsensual.

Boo!

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 11-04-2017, 04:46 PM   #3566
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

I have been working long hours and had busy weekends but finally got in some exercise today! My bro Dave and I walked 17K steps in the park. Woohoo! We walked for 2.5 hours. It was a pretty fall day!

How do I... ?
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 11-05-2017, 02:45 AM   #3567
Gayandgray

How Do You Identify?:
Femme-ish, tomboy lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Together a really long time

Thanked 12,914 Times in 3,079 Posts
Gayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST Reputation

I have fallen off the exercise wagon..........
Old 11-05-2017, 07:41 AM   #3568
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Ditto. I've got to hop back on again.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 11-05-2017, 08:13 AM   #3569
cricket26

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
must be love on the brain

Thanked 4,250 Times in 1,297 Posts
cricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputation

cricket26 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to cricket26 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-05-2017, 09:27 AM   #3570
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

Let's see.... I can't say that I've been to the gym or working my butt off at my job (which if I was released to go back to work, I'd be getting my work out at the top of my work day). But I've been steadily making progress due to my PT team and making in-roads on getting some of my former mobility back. The best I can do is two long walks a day. Not every day of the week, but I'm building up my tolerance to pain and my ability to walk for longer periods of time. I'm still using an mobility device because I can't walk independently, but I'm crossing off roadblocks to freedom from my mobility device.

The good news is even better, I think. I have always been able to wear my clothes, so I'm not worried about my weight at all. I'm fairly tall, so being able to wear my clothes that I've always worn is a good sign, to me.

Walking is an very good exercise and to be able to walk, is a good thing in my world.

_____ ______
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 11-05-2017, 05:31 PM   #3571
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Today was a rainy day walk on the High Line with a few queer pals. We walked at a slow pace for an hour. The High Line is an above ground railroad converted into a park that spans 1.45 miles.

How do I... ?
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 11-05-2017, 06:32 PM   #3572
candy_coated_bitch
Pixie Stick

How Do You Identify?:
The arteest formerly known as musicfemme.
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Happily taken.

Thanked 32,109 Times in 6,125 Posts
candy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputation

Tonight I went to the gym for the first time!!! I did 20mins on the bike on some random program.

My Patreon

My Website
candy_coated_bitch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to candy_coated_bitch For This Useful Post:
Old 11-12-2017, 08:14 PM   #3573
candy_coated_bitch
Pixie Stick

How Do You Identify?:
The arteest formerly known as musicfemme.
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Happily taken.

Thanked 32,109 Times in 6,125 Posts
candy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputation

Went to thr gym again and did 20mins on the bike again. I went 3.5 miles and burned 110 calories. It's a start.

My Patreon

My Website
candy_coated_bitch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to candy_coated_bitch For This Useful Post:
Old 11-12-2017, 08:26 PM   #3574
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

I went to the gym tonight after... sooooooo long. This weekend was the rare perfect weekend with no plans, and it was so peaceful. When I got to the gym, Judith was there as always. She noted that I'd been away a long time, and I told her work had been stressful, which was true. She ran off to a dance class.

I did my usual routine, stairmaster, levels 1-5, x30 minutes, followed by a 30 minute combo of weight lifting and yoga. While on the stairmaster, I started watching a few docs that I did not like and then settled on "One of Us" about ex-Hasids.

Now that it's getting cold, the gym is looking good.

How do I... ?
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 11-13-2017, 12:12 AM   #3575
Sunshine

How Do You Identify?:
Happy and peaceful
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

Sunshine Has the BEST ReputationSunshine Has the BEST ReputationSunshine Has the BEST ReputationSunshine Has the BEST ReputationSunshine Has the BEST ReputationSunshine Has the BEST ReputationSunshine Has the BEST ReputationSunshine Has the BEST ReputationSunshine Has the BEST ReputationSunshine Has the BEST ReputationSunshine Has the BEST Reputation
Smile

When it gets cold, it's hard to workout because of my asthma, but I do my best. That's why I push myself so hard in the summer.

Today I did,

50 sit-ups
10 pushup
10 mountain climber
Sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sunshine For This Useful Post:
Old 11-13-2017, 08:51 PM   #3576
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

I did 45 minutes on the stairmaster, and it felt so good. The gym feels like church if I believed in God. I feel so great after. Then I stretched for 15 minutes which was bliss.

I ran into Judith RIGHT when I came in. I was passing through the snack bar, and she popped up. She'd been sitting at her computer. She said she'd been on it for hours and was now planning to order something for dinner. She works remotely in finances. Oh, to be Judith...

I'm glad I left work early and let myself get my gym on .

*edited to add- leaving "early" means leaving on time instead of staying hours late!

How do I... ?
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 11-14-2017, 10:03 PM   #3577
Bèsame*
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femm
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
☀️☀️☀️

Thanked 39,473 Times in 10,186 Posts
Bèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST Reputation

Good day to walk the perimeter of the dog park with no dogs...lol

A kiss is a whisper in your mouth.
Can I borrow a kiss? I promise to give it back.
Bèsame* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bèsame* For This Useful Post:
Old 11-14-2017, 10:17 PM   #3578
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Today I went to PT....my session usually lasts an hour and a half. I begin by using a machine to exercise my arms, which I use it about 8 minutes.

After that, I move to the bicycle machine and "bicycle" for about ten minutes. When I first began to use this machine, I could only do it for 3 minutes. Each week, my therapist adds a couple more minutes to see if my body will tolerate this exercise. Sometimes I stop for a breather and watch all the cars go by...then resume using the machine.

After that, we do three combination exercises which I need an assist with: marching leg lifts, squats ---but not like most would think. A therapist shadows me while I try to get my knees to lower me into an type of squat, but I can't go any further than just as I see my feet disappear as my knees lower my body. I do a set of 30 squats, mixed with marching type rotations. I sometimes have to take a breather doing this too, due to the type of Lumbar injuries I have in my lower back.

Next, both therapist's call over another therapist to spot for my next therapy exercise, where two therapists help me onto a mat, where I have to have shadow assistance to be on my knees and the palms of my hands. One therapist on each side of me, one in front of me. They hold me in place, while I try to reach with one hand to touch the hand of the therapist in front of me. I can only do this for less than two minutes.....then they help me get off the mat on an massage platform table. The first time I did it was last week, and I cried because it's painful to do. I've done it twice now...since they added this to our portfolio of recovery exercises.

After we get me off the mat, I sit in a chair and we practice Balloon Ping Pong. The object of hitting the Balloon back and forth is that the balloon goes where the flow of air takes it. I have to try to reach and stretch to bat the balloon back, without it falling on the floor. This is very challenging to do as my back and shoulders are locked up and it's supposed to help my muscles to unlock.

After all the above exercises are done, another therapist take a me in for an deep tissue muscle compression massage and if we have time, she does light therapy massage which utilizes and ultrasound light therapy wand over very sensitive parts of my.lower back.

By the time they're done with me, I'm pretty much done for the day. But after PT, I had to get a few errands done, which is time consuming and requires me to endure long walks to get those few things done.

After I got home from my day, I took my evening meds, and now it's nearly time for 'Lights Out.'

This what I do currently in PT, twice a week.

Daily, I manage to get two one hour walks in, even though I walk slowly. Plus, I also have to climb and descend three flights of stairs, twice daily, so there's that exercise too, apart from short trips to other doctors and the twice a month grocery shopping trips I do.

Anyway.....my exercise today and PT made for a long day.
I feel accomplished for the seemingly simple, yet often times very difficult goals I complete each week.

_____ ______
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 11-14-2017, 10:55 PM   #3579
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

I went to the gym today even though I was exhausted. Sometimes that works but I think I might have been better taking today off. I had to slow everything down because I didn't re-energize as sometimes happens at the gym, but slowing everything down forces one to think outside of the box, so that isn't all bad.

At 7 I ran into Judith as I was leaving and she asked if I wanted to go with her to a class. I said a suprised "No!" Lately I got obsessed with whether she was from Guatemala because she looks like one of my students who is Guatemalan. I've been wanting to ask but feeling like maybe it wasn't P.C. So, as sometimes happens, my mouth just busted out with, "Where are you from, I mean, you remind me of one of my students from Guatemala, so..." She seemed fairly chill about it and told me she is from Hong Kong. Aw, the joy of another factoid about Judith! I said that Hong Kong sounds really cool, and she said, "It's like New York City!" She was wearing clothes that have that half dyke half straight sensibility, very odd yet appealing! She was wearing a hot pink t-shirt with a Ralph Lauren brown suede vest. I complimented her vest, and she said, "I get so many compliments on this vest." Glad to know I'm not the only one intrigued by Judith.

*30 min. stairmaster, levels 1-5, heavy on level 2; yoga and stretching and ab exercises (combo x 30 minutes)

How do I... ?

Last edited by nycfem; 11-14-2017 at 10:57 PM. Reason: Forgot to post about what I did at the gym!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 11-18-2017, 10:22 AM   #3580
Gayandgray

How Do You Identify?:
Femme-ish, tomboy lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Together a really long time

Thanked 12,914 Times in 3,079 Posts
Gayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST Reputation

OMG I seriously need to start some sort of exercise program and stick with it!!!

Tags
exercise, weights