cathexis

How Do You Identify?:
Trotskyist, Anarcho-syndicalist
Preferred Pronoun?:
They, Them, Their, Sir Bitch
Relationship Status:
open

Thanked 4,710 Times in 1,603 Posts
cathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputation

Our 2 cats, Calliope (calico) and Che (tuxedo) both take up residence in the bedroom anytime there's bed activity. Che parks himself on the bed and gets out of joint if he gets bounced around or asked to get down.
We used to have 2 pits and a wolf hybrid who would vie for a spot during activity. Imagine a large canine trying to move in on your activity on a double bed!
They often got shut out of the room until we were done. Howling sometimes lol.
cathexis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cathexis For This Useful Post:
Old 07-21-2019, 08:47 PM   #1682
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Thanked 31,926 Times in 9,907 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

I spent the afternoon at my sister-in-law's house, because she and her husband are leaving soon for a two week vacation, over in Northern Idaho.

As some might remember, Simon -- their aging Jack Russell terrier, passed away a few months ago. Toffee, the blind blue healer/ lab mix, is grieving the loss of Simon -- Still, as we all are. I miss Simon so much.

Just today, I was learning how to do water sets for the flower and vegetable garden, and Simon used to follow me around, playing in the water and barking with joy. Toffee just sat and stared at me, while I was learning how to use the new sprinkler system.

Petunia, my precious lovely caT, is aging at a troubling pace. She now gets cream medicine in her ears, twice at day, because her thyroid in on the fritz. She's super picky about the food she will eat, so I am looking forward to 'spoiling' her, *tee hee*.

But, all the pets and all of us, we are still not able to believe that Simon is gone. He was our joy and he had our hearts. I miss him so much.

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 08-19-2019, 02:37 PM   #1683
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Not today but Saturday, Loki peed on me.

You heard me.

He could have just told me he hated the newish litter but noooo. So, I had an emergency shower and trip to the store to get their old clumping litter and a bag of new food as I hadn't decided if it was a litter or food issue at that time.

It seems to strictly be a litter thing but he really enjoys the new food too so I'll stick with both and keep an eye on him. To be fair, he seemed to give it a shot. Originally, I combined the old and new litter and everything was fine but when the old got scooped out over time and I recently put a whole bag of the new stuff in their box, that was the straw that broke the camel's back.

I did have concerns about the granules being so big and if they'd hurt their paws but Gracie never complained and she certainly didn't tinkle on me either so it just goes to show that Loki's a big ole baby and could not survive in the wild.

Today's, Gracie's been super affectionate. Maybe to make up for her brother's behavior.

That's my girl!

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 08-19-2019, 07:58 PM   #1684
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Thanked 27,009 Times in 5,082 Posts
GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

Tiny Dog and I played The Laundry Game today. We used to play it a lot (not really my idea) when she was younger - basically, I sorted the laundry, and she unsorted it until I stopped sorting laundry and pet her all over.

She was kind of wistfully watching me sort laundry this evening, and I could tell she wanted to play but just wasn't feeling up to it. So I stopped sorting and pet her all over for awhile. She was happy.

It's been so lonely without you here
Like a bird without a song
Nothing can stop these lonely tears from falling . . .
'Cause nothing compares, nothing compares 2 U

- Prince
GeorgiaMa'am is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 08-20-2019, 03:54 AM   #1685
Mopsie

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Female ones
Relationship Status:
Single

1 Highscore

Thanked 8,588 Times in 1,857 Posts
Mopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST Reputation
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaMa'am View Post
Tiny Dog and I played The Laundry Game today. We used to play it a lot (not really my idea) when she was younger - basically, I sorted the laundry, and she unsorted it until I stopped sorting laundry and pet her all over.

She was kind of wistfully watching me sort laundry this evening, and I could tell she wanted to play but just wasn't feeling up to it. So I stopped sorting and pet her all over for awhile. She was happy.
This is the sweetest story. Thanks for sharing.
Mopsie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mopsie For This Useful Post:
Old 08-20-2019, 04:26 AM   #1686
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

Thanked 14,115 Times in 2,999 Posts
easygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

Dog man fell off the bed and scared himself good.
Senior citizen cat screamed at me like she hasn't eaten in a year and then scarfed town her turkey and gravy.
The two young whippersnappers are chilling on the back porch watching birds.
And it's only 6:30am.
easygoingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 08-20-2019, 09:31 PM   #1687
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

I spoke too soon. I had to take Loki to the vet today because he decided to pee on the carpet again and he had a small seizure. It's crystals in his bladder. This isn't the first time I've dealt with this issue and it always seems to be the males in my personal experience.

Anyway, he screamed the whole way there and most of the time we were in the lobby. We got there early but there was an emergency euthanasia so we had to wait a bit. There was a child going around to all the animals and touching them and trying to stick his fingers in cages. His mother was less help than one of the receptionists in calming him down and distracting him from upsetting the animals any further. Made me thankful not to have any rug rats. Fur babies are hard enough, thankyouverymuch.

Loki got himself so worked up, he peed on himself in the carrier, which he's never done before and he continued to scream and howl until we got in there and we were able to let him out of the carrier. They were so nice and took the carrier back to clean it and they sprayed him with shampoo and cleaned him up as well.

They were able to get a sample, surprisingly, considering how much he tinkled everywhere else. We'll know the results to see if there's any other conditions he's developed in the next couple of days. They were really concerned about how stressed he was but I assured them that it would end the second I let him out of the carrier.

And it did.

The goofball came running out, rubbed on me and then promptly stuck his head back in there to sniff the pee pad they'd put in under him.

Weirdo.

So he's got 3 days worth of meds and by then, we'll know what the urine sample shows. Hopefully, we've caught it soon enough that the food change will help with future issues and the meds will start to break down the crystals so this can be over and I can get my carpet shampooed, which is one of my most not favorite activities in this world.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 08-20-2019, 10:27 PM   #1688
FireSignFemme

How Do You Identify?:
N/A

3 Highscores

Thanked 10,512 Times in 3,155 Posts
FireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST Reputation

Monte kept meowing, quiet little wimper, he's usually not talkative like that unless something is wrong but I couldn't figure out what it was. Every time I turned to look, nothing. There he was just lounging, looking maybe a little tired but otherwise perfectly fine. Well turns out it wasn't Monte at all. The last check I was looking right at him, he was being quiet and then I heard it. So I did a search and discovered there was a strange cat in the back room. That would explain it, why for the past couple of days Monte had been working so hard to get my attention and nothing I tried worked to settle him, he just kept staring at me like he does when he wants something. Anyhow I don't know how long we've been harboring a fugitive but suddenly it made sense, why Monte was scarfing down his food, seemed to be eating so much. Also the other day I was checking the cat box and wow almost overnight full. I just attributed it to Monte eating so much more lately. Well the cat seemed healthy, in good shape so obviously someone's taking care of it, and I put it out. It kept dashing back in, didn't want to leave but I was persistent. It's still kind of freaking me out a little bit that there could be another animal living here with me not knowing about it.
FireSignFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to FireSignFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 08-20-2019, 10:35 PM   #1689
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,972 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

pooped, slept, ate, pooped... lazy mutts!
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 08-21-2019, 05:20 AM   #1690
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

easygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

Aw Gemme, poor Loki. I hope it's an easy fix and that the meds help quickly. Sorry about the carpet...

FSF, that's freaky! I have a feeling you're going to need to have your eye out for a return visit for a while...

Someone here caught a mouse last night and left it in front of my bedroom door. Not cool. None of the cats are confessing but I have my suspicions on who it was.

Old lady cat got very annoyed when I didn't get up and feed her at 5am.

Dog man got mad that I wouldn't let him outside in the thick of a pouring rainstorm with thunder and lightening overhead.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 08-21-2019, 08:51 PM   #1691
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

Tiny dog had her 2nd dose of Rimadyl this evening. It seems to be making her feel better. However, I've been doing some reading about it online and it may not be the best choice for her. She's had a bad reaction to aspirin/Bufferin in the past. Some online sites recommend CBD instead. Has anyone tried CBD oil for their dog?

- Prince
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 08-22-2019, 05:03 PM   #1692
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Quote:
Originally Posted by easygoingfemme View Post
Aw Gemme, poor Loki. I hope it's an easy fix and that the meds help quickly. Sorry about the carpet...

FSF, that's freaky! I have a feeling you're going to need to have your eye out for a return visit for a while...

Dog man got mad that I wouldn't let him outside in the thick of a pouring rainstorm with thunder and lightening overhead.
I love storms. The cats don't mind as long as there's no thunder. Then it's half interest and half fear from them.

Loki's results came back and we're dealing with a strict case of crystals in his bladder, which was my first impulse. I should trust myself more. The anti-inflammatory they gave me to give him doesn't seem to be doing much. It doesn't seem to be hurting him either but at $5 a pop, I could have passed on that but they weren't 100% sure it was only the crystals so that's what they gave me and that's what the bugger got. Luckily, I can crush it up in his wet food. As long as it's there, I could feed him classified documents and he wouldn't be the wiser.

So, I had to pay an outrageous amount for food. I went to Chewy.com and got a good deal to start with but since it's prescription food, they had to check with the vet before they would fill my order. That should come in a few days. I got $70 worth of food for $37 so I was happy about that at least.

I stopped at the vet's while doing errands to make sure they didn't need anything, the approval for the Chewy order was processed, et cetera and so on and so forth. By the time I left, I'd acquired a slight headache, 4 cans of wet food and a 6.5lb bag of food to get Loki started right away. The dry food was $40 alone! I'm going to have to tighten the belt for the next 4-6 weeks and hope for the best. His weekly food budget is going to rival mine now.

If the food doesn't do the trick, then we'll move on to a pretty strong med. Someone suggested I paper the house with puppy pads and I laughed at first but now, I'm seriously considering it. Amazon, here I come!

FSF, I think it's sweet that you have a visitor but then again, it's not my visitor. Maybe it's just one of those cats that likes to know everyone in the neighborhood and is clever and can break and enter easily.

The government would like to speak with that cat, I imagine.

Quote:
Tiny dog had her 2nd dose of Rimadyl this evening. It seems to be making her feel better. However, I've been doing some reading about it online and it may not be the best choice for her. She's had a bad reaction to aspirin/Bufferin in the past. Some online sites recommend CBD instead. Has anyone tried CBD oil for their dog?
I haven't but I imagine that it would be easily disguised in wet food or a gravy. When Oliver had a seizure at the vet's (not this one), they gave him phenobarbital, which I strongly opposed. I was so angry about that. He wound up staggering around for 3 days like a drunken sailor and even fell out of bed. He could have been seriously injured!

If you have a bad feeling about something, stand your ground. There are alternatives to just about everything nowadays.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 08-22-2019, 06:40 PM   #1693
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Quote:
Tiny Dog still seems to feel better from the Rimadyl, even though I did not give her the doses today. Unfortunately, she took a header from about halfway down the stairs to the bottom. I don't know if she didn't realize that feeling better does not equal being able to run down the stairs like she used to, or if she just got her feet tangled up. She practically landed right on her head, but she seems to be okay.

I'm going to call the vet tomorrow and talk to her about it. I'm really torn about giving Tiny the Rimadyl since it seems to be working. However, she vomited last night, and obv I can't give it to her if that's going to be the case. However, (on the third hand) I'm not sure that's why she vomited. I'm hoping there's a person I can talk to at the CBD shop who knows something about treating pets, hopefully geriatric dogs specifically.

- Prince
Old 08-22-2019, 06:42 PM   #1694
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

Quote:
I give my dog CBD oil for his joints. I get a pet specific tincture through Lazarus Naturals. It can be expensive but they do give deep discounts to folks who are current or previous military, low income, or living with a diagnosed disability.

The CBD drops are a piece of cake for my dog. I drop it on a piece of chicken and he inhales it. It helps him. He's still old and nothing is going to change that but his legs are less likely to go out from under him now.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 09-05-2019, 08:41 PM   #1695
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Thanks for the feedback received. It helped me make some reasonable choices, but ultimately nothing is helping Tiny Dog.

Tiny Dog just can't tolerate the Rimadyl. It was definitely what was making her throw up. I tried CBD oil and that gave her diarrhea - all over the house. Fortunately, I got the CBD oil (expensive!) from a company that offered a refund if it didn't work out. (Easygoingfemme, I tried Lazarus Naturals but they were all sold out.) I spoke to them today and they're crediting my credit card and canceling my monthly subscription. They were very nice about it, said they understood, that happens sometimes with dogs. They told me to keep the oil and try it myself or give it to someone, there was no need for me to return it. Nice people.

At least I am still physically capable of picking up a 40 pound dog from the floor and putting her on her feet. We spent the weekend with her learning to go up the stairs ahead of me and not behind, so if she slips I can help her.

- Prince
Old 09-19-2019, 09:18 PM   #1696
Chad
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Loved Caregiver

Thanked 20,326 Times in 5,678 Posts
Chad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST Reputation
Default Pets

I am looking for a compatible dog breed again. I want a large dog that is loyal, sweet, good with kids but not too possessive of me. My baby kitty owns me and insists that she can see my face all night. If I roll away from her at night it is hell to pay. She yells at me if she can't see my face while I sleep.
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Chad For This Useful Post:
Old 09-20-2019, 09:00 PM   #1697
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
I am looking for a compatible dog breed again. I want a large dog that is loyal, sweet, good with kids but not too possessive of me. My baby kitty owns me and insists that she can see my face all night. If I roll away from her at night it is hell to pay. She yells at me if she can't see my face while I sleep.
Depending on what you call 'large', this could be anything from an American Staffordshire Terrier to a retriever to a Great Dane. Stay away from Chows. They tend to be very focused on their owners and are definitely one person dogs in my personal experience.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 09-22-2019, 05:57 PM   #1698
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

As most of you already know, Tiny Dog passed away last week. I am just now starting to be able to tell people IRL without bursting into tears.

Diva Kitty has been very clingy. When she's not following me around, she's wandering around meowing. I'm pretty sure she's looking for Tiny. I have been giving her lots of attention.

- Prince
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 09-24-2019, 07:51 AM   #1699
Bèsame*
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femm
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
☀️☀️☀️

Thanked 39,473 Times in 10,186 Posts
Bèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST Reputation

I got so excited last night, Ms JellyBean, licked my hand. She is getting more comfortable here, she has left the safety of the bed and is following me around. I wish I could decipher our conversations!

Now, I'm waiting for her to make biscuits with her cute little paws. She seems to try. I'll just be patient

A kiss is a whisper in your mouth.
Can I borrow a kiss? I promise to give it back.
Bèsame* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bèsame* For This Useful Post:
Old 09-24-2019, 08:40 PM   #1700
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

They both freaked out and disappeared when I had vendors some to the apartment. Loki got stuck under the chaise lounge so I had to lift it up so he could come out.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:

Tags
animals, pets