Old 05-11-2018, 08:06 PM   #21
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,896 Times in 5,773 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by girl_dee View Post

i may or may not have ordered this.
I may or may not have, as well.

I have no idea what I am going to do with it.

But, it seemed important to buy.

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 05-19-2018, 04:40 PM   #22
Femmadian

How Do You Identify?:
Femme

Thanked 2,414 Times in 362 Posts
Femmadian Has the BEST ReputationFemmadian Has the BEST ReputationFemmadian Has the BEST ReputationFemmadian Has the BEST ReputationFemmadian Has the BEST ReputationFemmadian Has the BEST ReputationFemmadian Has the BEST ReputationFemmadian Has the BEST ReputationFemmadian Has the BEST ReputationFemmadian Has the BEST ReputationFemmadian Has the BEST Reputation

Loving all the posts so far, everyone! Great stuff!

Old 05-19-2018, 04:42 PM   #23
Femmadian

How Do You Identify?:
Femme

Femmadian Has the BEST ReputationFemmadian Has the BEST ReputationFemmadian Has the BEST ReputationFemmadian Has the BEST ReputationFemmadian Has the BEST ReputationFemmadian Has the BEST ReputationFemmadian Has the BEST ReputationFemmadian Has the BEST ReputationFemmadian Has the BEST ReputationFemmadian Has the BEST ReputationFemmadian Has the BEST Reputation
Default Something a little lighter...

"She brought me crotchless panties and untied the bows like I was a present that had been wrapped just for her, and before I melted into mindless throbbing waves of orgasm I had a political epiphany: Women who decried being objectified had never had the opportunity to feel like this."

Carol Queen, "Why I Love Butch Women"
Old 05-19-2018, 04:47 PM   #24
Femmadian

How Do You Identify?:
Femme

Default One of my favourites

"I was a baby butch who had never heard the word and so didn't know what to call myself until I first heard that word out loud in 1992 in the back stacks of Little Sister's bookstore. I wore second-hand army boots three sizes too big and cut my own hair with clippers and met what I didn't know at the time was my first femme lover and bought my first necktie and she called me handsome and that one word handsome made up for two decades of knowing I was never really all that pretty."

Ivan Coyote, "Tomboy Survival Guide"
Old 05-20-2018, 10:36 AM   #25
Bèsame*
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femm
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
☀️☀️☀️

Thanked 39,475 Times in 10,186 Posts
Bèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST Reputation

I appreciate the choice of accessories that a butch wears for certain opportunities.

A kiss is a whisper in your mouth.
Can I borrow a kiss? I promise to give it back.
Bèsame* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Bèsame* For This Useful Post:
Old 05-20-2018, 03:15 PM   #26
Mel C.
Long-time Member

How Do You Identify?:
WIB - woman identified butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Your choice...not really a button for me
Relationship Status:
♡ married 1/1/2019♡

Thanked 6,841 Times in 1,621 Posts
Mel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bèsame* View Post
I appreciate the choice of accessories that a butch wears for certain opportunities.
I don't suppose details are forthcoming...
Mel C. is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mel C. For This Useful Post:
Old 05-21-2018, 09:45 AM   #27
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,972 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

One thing I appreciate about butches is how they carry their visibility. I envy them and i don’t.
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 05-21-2018, 12:24 PM   #28
Runner

How Do You Identify?:
Butch

Runner Has the BEST ReputationRunner Has the BEST ReputationRunner Has the BEST ReputationRunner Has the BEST ReputationRunner Has the BEST ReputationRunner Has the BEST ReputationRunner Has the BEST ReputationRunner Has the BEST ReputationRunner Has the BEST ReputationRunner Has the BEST ReputationRunner Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by clay View Post
Awwww...thank you girl_dee
Really appreciate this!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by clay View Post
Thanks, my beautiful friend, Femmadian! for your butch love!!

Thanks to all the wonderful posts here....much love felt!
Ah c'mon not all comments can be taken as a direct compliment to all butches.

Loving this thread but respect must be deserved, it's not a given for all.
Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Runner For This Useful Post:
Old 05-21-2018, 01:55 PM   #29
Chained Daisy

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Stone Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Thanked 1,820 Times in 532 Posts
Chained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner View Post
Ah c'mon not all comments can be taken as a direct compliment to all butches.

Loving this thread but respect must be deserved, it's not a given for all.
Runner I think this comment is very mean spirited.

This is the `General Butch Appreciation` thread so yes I do believe posts can be taken and are indeed meant to be taken as a compliment to all Butches, so long as the Butch reading it feels it fits comfortably with their own particular brand/fit of being on the Butch spectrum.

I give due respect to people until they prove they are not worthy of it. Given your comment I would say on this topic you would fall into that category.

I fall to see why you take issue with someone who is gracious enough to thank some of the posts on here.

Please fell free to DM if you wish to discuss this further as I do not want to derail this thread.

Daisy.

I am half agony, half hope, Jane Austen
Chained Daisy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Chained Daisy For This Useful Post:
Old 05-21-2018, 02:23 PM   #30
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Thanked 31,931 Times in 9,910 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation
Default An very favorite quote by S. Bear Bergman

Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 05-21-2018, 03:40 PM   #31
Femmadian

How Do You Identify?:
Femme

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chained Daisy View Post
Runner I think this comment is very mean spirited.

This is the `General Butch Appreciation` thread so yes I do believe posts can be taken and are indeed meant to be taken as a compliment to all Butches, so long as the Butch reading it feels it fits comfortably with their own particular brand/fit of being on the Butch spectrum.

<snip>
Indeed.

I'm not sure where the whole "earning respect" comment came from, but I think such sentiments are unnecessary and do not add to the overall aim of the thread.

For clarification purposes, I started this thread as a way to show a general appreciation for all butches (yes, all) and to have a place to inject a bit of butch/femme specificity and also positivity into this space. If someone sees themselves or a loved one in one of the posts, that's great! That's what it's here for. If not, no problem, but if that's the case, then there are other threads to choose from. I do not appreciate the snark directed at other thread participants.

If we could keep things on topic and not make it personal, that would be lovely.

Thanks!
Old 05-21-2018, 03:44 PM   #32
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation
Default From: Butch Is a Noun (author: S. Bear Bergman)

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 05-21-2018, 03:45 PM   #33
Femmadian

How Do You Identify?:
Femme

Default Back on topic!

I believe this is from Carol A. Queen's "Strangers at Home". Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Love you, changelings. 💗
Old 05-21-2018, 04:23 PM   #34
Femmadian

How Do You Identify?:
Femme

Default A bit of levity!

Old 05-21-2018, 05:28 PM   #35
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Default From: Stone Butch Blues (Leslie Feinberg)

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 05-21-2018, 06:57 PM   #36
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 28,873 Times in 9,718 Posts
JDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Femmadian View Post
Indeed.

I'm not sure where the whole "earning respect" comment came from, but I think such sentiments are unnecessary and do not add to the overall aim of the thread.

For clarification purposes, I started this thread as a way to show a general appreciation for all butches (yes, all) and to have a place to inject a bit of butch/femme specificity and also positivity into this space. If someone sees themselves or a loved one in one of the posts, that's great! That's what it's here for. If not, no problem, but if that's the case, then there are other threads to choose from. I do not appreciate the snark directed at other thread participants.

If we could keep things on topic and not make it personal, that would be lovely.

Thanks!
You say ALL butches but so far have not seen one post about male ided butches! Its been about the female aspect ever since the thread started.
JDeere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 07:21 PM   #37
Wrang1er

How Do You Identify?:
Me, myself and I

1 Highscore

Thanked 7,087 Times in 1,355 Posts
Wrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDeere View Post
You say ALL butches but so far have not seen one post about male ided butches! Its been about the female aspect ever since the thread started.
Perhaps you should take it upon yourself to post one, JDeere.

Butches are like ice cream. We come in all flavors.
Wrang1er is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Wrang1er For This Useful Post:
Old 05-21-2018, 07:53 PM   #38
Femmadian

How Do You Identify?:
Femme

Exclamation

JDeere,

This is the second post you've made in this thread to this effect. You haven't actually posted anything yourself, nor (from what I can see) have you even so much as thanked any of the other contributing posters in this conversation for what they've brought to the table. So far, all I've seen you do is criticize.

But... not all criticism is without merit.

So I went back and counted all of the posts so far in this thread that were of butch-appreciating content to actually check your claim, as I like to think of myself as a fair minded person and wanted to see how the numbers shook out.

Literally half of the posts don't even mention a gender. Half. A whole 11 out of the 22 posts so far do not mention feminine pronouns or refer to a butch as specifically a woman.

Furthermore, several of the quotes here are by rather well known trans and non-binary butches. Ivan Coyote identifies as trans and non-binary. S. Bear Bergman is an out and proud trans man married to another out and proud trans man. And Leslie Feinberg... well, there shouldn't even be a need for an introduction.

If you cannot see that this thread is on the whole inclusive of butches of all stripes, then I don't know what to tell you.

So, if you still cannot see your particular flavour of butch represented here, that's not my or anyone else's problem. You either need to post something productive in keeping with the original guidelines of the thread which does represent what you want to see, or you need to stop derailing it.

If you are so aggrieved to see people expressing appreciation for butches which aren't 100% exactly like yourself and if you're not going to further this thread, then, frankly, I would respectfully ask you to bow out.

I'm not going to discuss this again.
Old 05-21-2018, 08:42 PM   #39
Femmadian

How Do You Identify?:
Femme

Default Saw this bouncing around on Tumblr

Made ya look.
Old 05-21-2018, 09:03 PM   #40
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Femmadian View Post
JDeere,

This is the second post you've made in this thread to this effect. You haven't actually posted anything yourself, nor (from what I can see) have you even so much as thanked any of the other contributing posters in this conversation for what they've brought to the table. So far, all I've seen you do is criticize.

But... not all criticism is without merit.

So I went back and counted all of the posts so far in this thread that were of butch-appreciating content to actually check your claim, as I like to think of myself as a fair minded person and wanted to see how the numbers shook out.

Literally half of the posts don't even mention a gender. Half. A whole 11 out of the 22 posts so far do not mention feminine pronouns or refer to a butch as specifically a woman.

Furthermore, several of the quotes here are by rather well known trans and non-binary butches. Ivan Coyote identifies as trans and non-binary. S. Bear Bergman is an out and proud trans man married to another out and proud trans man. And Leslie Feinberg... well, there shouldn't even be a need for an introduction.

If you cannot see that this thread is on the whole inclusive of butches of all stripes, then I don't know what to tell you.

So, if you still cannot see your particular flavour of butch represented here, that's not my or anyone else's problem. You either need to post something productive in keeping with the original guidelines of the thread which does represent what you want to see, or you need to stop derailing it.

If you are so aggrieved to see people expressing appreciation for butches which aren't 100% exactly like yourself and if you're not going to further this thread, then, frankly, I would respectfully ask you to bow out.

I'm not going to discuss this again.

Hell to the yeah.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:

Tags
butch, butch experience, butch positivity, tumblr