Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > GENDER AND IDENTITY > The Trans Zone

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2009, 06:53 PM   #21
Greyson
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transmasculine/Non-Binary
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hy (Pronounced He)
Relationship Status:
Married
 

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 6,589
Thanks: 21,132
Thanked 8,160 Times in 2,007 Posts
Rep Power: 21474852
Greyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST Reputation
Default

Blue and Bent, good to see both of you guys here with us. I have seen you guys and Thinker around cyberspace for years and your presence is appreciated. Jet, you too. Linus thank you for starting this thread.
Greyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 12:05 AM   #22
Paphigleo
Member

How Do You Identify?:
da Bear
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
open to new possibilities
 
Paphigleo's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: home at last, PDX
Posts: 161
Thanks: 144
Thanked 164 Times in 40 Posts
Rep Power: 3428206
Paphigleo Has the BEST ReputationPaphigleo Has the BEST ReputationPaphigleo Has the BEST ReputationPaphigleo Has the BEST ReputationPaphigleo Has the BEST ReputationPaphigleo Has the BEST ReputationPaphigleo Has the BEST ReputationPaphigleo Has the BEST ReputationPaphigleo Has the BEST ReputationPaphigleo Has the BEST ReputationPaphigleo Has the BEST Reputation
Default

Bent...

Because you put your experience out there I would like to ask if you feel you get more or less 'flack' for your genderqueer alignment than you did when ID'ing as "just Butch'?

Has it been a difficult decision to remain transitionless, or was it more of an emotional transition and self acceptance?

~pickin your brain
__________________
Nick

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


I am the stone that the builder refused

I can't do this all on my own... I'm no Superman.

My armor, battered but strong. My sword, pitted but razor sharp. My body is bloodied but doesn't know to quit. I am battle-tested and proven, I shall live to fight another day.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Paphigleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 07:29 PM   #23
Mister Bent
Senior Member

How Do You Identify?:
.
 

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: .
Posts: 2,905
Thanks: 4,151
Thanked 5,830 Times in 1,717 Posts
Rep Power: 21474848
Mister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST Reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paphigleo View Post
Bent...

Because you put your experience out there I would like to ask if you feel you get more or less 'flack' for your genderqueer alignment than you did when ID'ing as "just Butch'?

Has it been a difficult decision to remain transitionless, or was it more of an emotional transition and self acceptance?

~pickin your brain

Living a life of obvious "otherness" invites flack, and I'm going to guess I don't need to expound on that with this crowd. But is it more or less? I think it's probably about the same. There are still those same people who can't accept that which they don't understand, and those who believe embracing one's masculine nature = misogyny or self hate.

The truth about choosing not to medically or socially transition is that sometimes I read stories like these here, or see the "progress" photos and feel a kind of envy. I'm not overcome by jealousy, but rather a pang of "what if..." I sometimes envy those who can move about in public and be addressed by pronouns that feel comfortable to them, or who can try on a suit jacket and have it hang just right. Small things, I know, but these are just what immediately come to mind.

Frankly, top surgery remains a constant item on my wish list - a change I could make that would help push my internal/external selves just that much more into alignment. I think it would help me clear another hurdle of self-acceptance.
Mister Bent is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mister Bent For This Useful Post:
Old 11-09-2009, 07:35 PM   #24
Hudson
Member

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him
Relationship Status:
Truth is stranger than fiction.
 

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Posts: 434
Thanks: 160
Thanked 572 Times in 210 Posts
Rep Power: 365371
Hudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST Reputation
Default

First of all, what the shit is 'a trans'?

Don't call me that.
Hudson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 07:39 PM   #25
Linus
The Planet's Technical Bubba

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!
 
Linus's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Redondo Beach, CA
Posts: 5,440
Thanks: 2,929
Thanked 10,724 Times in 3,172 Posts
Rep Power: 21474851
Linus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST Reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben-Her View Post
First of all, what the shit is 'a trans'?

Don't call me that.
Ok. We won't.

Trans is a term that I've seen and have used to refer to transsexual individuals, whether MTF or FTM.

Does the term offend you? If so, I'm curious as to why?
Linus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 07:58 PM   #26
Hudson
Member

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him
Relationship Status:
Truth is stranger than fiction.
 

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Posts: 434
Thanks: 160
Thanked 572 Times in 210 Posts
Rep Power: 365371
Hudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST Reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linus View Post
Ok. We won't.

Trans is a term that I've seen and have used to refer to transsexual individuals, whether MTF or FTM.

Does the term offend you? If so, I'm curious as to why?
It's not so much offensive to me personally as it is largely offensive to transgender individuals in general.

Typically, in my personal experience, people referring to "a transgender" or "a trans" are chasers who fetishize trans people (same folks who like the term 'she-male'), who know nothing about trans issues and don't much care because they don't see trans people as people to begin with. The respectful way to refer to a trans person is just like that - "a transgendered person" or "a trans person". "Transsexual" is used more as a noun, but saying "a transsexual person" is more respectful. Or trans woman or trans man. I, personally, am not "a trans". I'm a trans person, a person who is trans, specifically a trans man. I'm a regular guy of extraordinary circumstances. Trans is not all of who I am, which is what is implied by calling someone "a trans".
Hudson is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hudson For This Useful Post:
Old 11-09-2009, 08:06 PM   #27
Linus
The Planet's Technical Bubba

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!
 
Linus's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Redondo Beach, CA
Posts: 5,440
Thanks: 2,929
Thanked 10,724 Times in 3,172 Posts
Rep Power: 21474851
Linus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST Reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben-Her View Post
It's not so much offensive to me personally as it is largely offensive to transgender individuals in general.

Typically, in my personal experience, people referring to "a transgender" or "a trans" are chasers who fetishize trans people (same folks who like the term 'she-male'), who know nothing about trans issues and don't much care because they don't see trans people as people to begin with. The respectful way to refer to a trans person is just like that - "a transgendered person" or "a trans person". "Transsexual" is used more as a noun, but saying "a transsexual person" is more respectful. Or trans woman or trans man. I, personally, am not "a trans". I'm a trans person, a person who is trans, specifically a trans man. I'm a regular guy of extraordinary circumstances. Trans is not all of who I am, which is what is implied by calling someone "a trans".

Interesting. I had never heard it defined in that sense and certainly makes me think more about the term. The name of the thread came from other threads that existed elsewhere (e.g., "Ask an FTM" or "Ask a MTF"). Rather than having two threads, I thought it might be better to have one and shortened it. I can ask the admin to add "person" after trans but no guarantees on whether the thread name could be changed.
Linus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Linus For This Useful Post:
Old 11-09-2009, 08:15 PM   #28
Hudson
Member

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him
Relationship Status:
Truth is stranger than fiction.
 

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Posts: 434
Thanks: 160
Thanked 572 Times in 210 Posts
Rep Power: 365371
Hudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST Reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linus View Post
Interesting. I had never heard it defined in that sense and certainly makes me think more about the term. The name of the thread came from other threads that existed elsewhere (e.g., "Ask an FTM" or "Ask a MTF"). Rather than having two threads, I thought it might be better to have one and shortened it. I can ask the admin to add "person" after trans but no guarantees on whether the thread name could be changed.
Thanks for the reply Linus. I know where you're coming from with the title. And I like that you have an open mind.
Hudson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 08:23 PM   #29
atomiczombie
Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femmesensual Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him, His
Relationship Status:
Dating
 
atomiczombie's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Rio Vista, CA
Posts: 1,225
Thanks: 3,949
Thanked 3,220 Times in 757 Posts
Rep Power: 21474847
atomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputation
Default

I refer to myself as a transguy. I am not offended by it at all. "Trans" doesn't have a negative connotation for me at all.
atomiczombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 08:25 PM   #30
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:
..
 

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: ..
Posts: 3,471
Thanks: 292
Thanked 2,646 Times in 1,295 Posts
Rep Power: 0
Jet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST Reputation
Default

Please call me Trans or transgendered. I don't ID or feel like a woman at all because that's not how I'm wired. I'll be taking steps in the near future to "complete" a little more how I feel and have felt since about the age of four.

There's been times I, myself rejected my transgender sexuality—even hated it— because it is such a difficult life when you live a dual existance tosave face and please people. I spent 11 years in seclusion trying to live as a girl.

Misery.

I've been put down and discounted by lesbians here in Atlanta because they reject masculinity of this degree. It isn't an easy life.


So to not refer to me as trans as in "TG" would only offend me.
Jet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 08:27 PM   #31
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:
..
 

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: ..
Posts: 3,471
Thanks: 292
Thanked 2,646 Times in 1,295 Posts
Rep Power: 0
Jet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST Reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomiczombie View Post
I refer to myself as a transguy. I am not offended by it at all. "Trans" doesn't have a negative connotation for me at all.
ditto.......
Jet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 08:34 PM   #32
Hudson
Member

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him
Relationship Status:
Truth is stranger than fiction.
 

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Posts: 434
Thanks: 160
Thanked 572 Times in 210 Posts
Rep Power: 365371
Hudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST Reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomiczombie View Post
I refer to myself as a transguy. I am not offended by it at all. "Trans" doesn't have a negative connotation for me at all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol' Jet View Post
Please call me Trans or transgendered. I don't ID or feel like a woman at all because that's not how I'm wired. I'll be taking steps in the near future to "complete" a little more how I feel and have felt since about the age of four.

There's been times I, myself rejected my transgender sexuality—even hated it— because it is such a difficult life when you live a dual existance tosave face and please people. I spent 11 years in seclusion trying to live as a girl.

Misery.

I've been put down and discounted by lesbians here in Atlanta because they reject masculinity of this degree. It isn't an easy life.


So to not refer to me as trans as in "TG" would only offend me.

You both missed my point, but ok. It's an adjective vs. verb thing. As in "Hey are you a gay?'' or "Her boyfriend's a black." Nevermind.
Hudson is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Hudson For This Useful Post:
Old 11-09-2009, 08:37 PM   #33
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:
..
 

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: ..
Posts: 3,471
Thanks: 292
Thanked 2,646 Times in 1,295 Posts
Rep Power: 0
Jet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST Reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben-Her View Post
It's not so much offensive to me personally as it is largely offensive to transgender individuals in general.
I'm transgendered, and not offended at all. Using certain terms is like splitting hairs... I keep it simple: trans for transgendered in my book as well as transsexual. my .02
Jet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 08:49 PM   #34
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable
 
Andrew, Jr.'s Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Over the Rainbow in a House
Posts: 5,072
Thanks: 16,004
Thanked 5,244 Times in 2,213 Posts
Rep Power: 0
Andrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST Reputation
Thumbs up

What I have learned is that I move according to my own time, and nobody's elses. Does it really matter what my age is? No. Does it really matter if I do this or that? No. Nobody else is giving me cash to have my corrective surgery on my chest. If you want too just shoot me an email.

Everyone lives as they feel inside their heart and soul. I say why not love that? It really is just that simple.

When I am in the hospital, my doctor writes on all of my charts to call me Andrew, plus Rosie is there to make sure the nurses also do the same. Some folks can be very rude, and disrespectful. No matter what is court ordered or on my driver's license.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Andrew
Andrew, Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Andrew, Jr. For This Useful Post:
Old 11-09-2009, 08:57 PM   #35
Thinker
Senior Member

How Do You Identify?:
transman
Preferred Pronoun?:
male
 
Thinker's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,868
Thanks: 710
Thanked 4,134 Times in 1,079 Posts
Rep Power: 21474847
Thinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST Reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben-Her View Post
First of all, what the shit is 'a trans'?

Don't call me that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben-Her View Post
It's not so much offensive to me personally as it is largely offensive to transgender individuals in general.
Hi Ben-Her...

It *seems* that it was offensive to you....based on that initial post. No?

And I think it's kind of difficult to determine that it's "largely offensive to transgender individuals in general". Things like that........where it's kind of a semantics thing.......are difficult to gauge.

I know I wrinkled my nose a bit when I first saw the thread title, but I know Linus well enough to know he meant no harm and that he was trying to be inclusive of transmen *and* transwomen. I also know that trying to nail down terminology in this community that is acceptable to ALL is like trying to nail jello to the wall.

Impossible to do.

Respectfully,
Thinker
__________________
Practice humility and kindness.
Thinker is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Thinker For This Useful Post:
Old 11-09-2009, 08:57 PM   #36
atomiczombie
Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femmesensual Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him, His
Relationship Status:
Dating
 
atomiczombie's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Rio Vista, CA
Posts: 1,225
Thanks: 3,949
Thanked 3,220 Times in 757 Posts
Rep Power: 21474847
atomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew, Jr. View Post
What I have learned is that I move according to my own time, and nobody's elses. Does it really matter what my age is? No. Does it really matter if I do this or that? No. Nobody else is giving me cash to have my corrective surgery on my chest. If you want too just shoot me an email.

Everyone lives as they feel inside their heart and soul. I say why not love that? It really is just that simple.

When I am in the hospital, my doctor writes on all of my charts to call me Andrew, plus Rosie is there to make sure the nurses also do the same. Some folks can be very rude, and disrespectful. No matter what is court ordered or on my driver's license.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Andrew
And if anyone is particularly generous, shoot me an email too.
atomiczombie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to atomiczombie For This Useful Post:
Old 11-09-2009, 09:06 PM   #37
Hudson
Member

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him
Relationship Status:
Truth is stranger than fiction.
 

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Posts: 434
Thanks: 160
Thanked 572 Times in 210 Posts
Rep Power: 365371
Hudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST Reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinker View Post
Hi Ben-Her...

It *seems* that it was offensive to you....based on that initial post. No?

And I think it's kind of difficult to determine that it's "largely offensive to transgender individuals in general". Things like that........where it's kind of a semantics thing.......are difficult to gauge.

I know I wrinkled my nose a bit when I first saw the thread title, but I know Linus well enough to know he meant no harm and that he was trying to be inclusive of transmen *and* transwomen. I also know that trying to nail down terminology in this community that is acceptable to ALL is like trying to nail jello to the wall.

Impossible to do.

Respectfully,
Thinker
Right, I basically said that re: Linus.

No I wasn't offended (like I said). I meant it half-jokingly. I know a whole lotta 'transes' and we's all feel the same. I thought it was pretty common knowledge to be honest. But to each his or her own.

I prefer he or him just for the record.
Hudson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 11:07 PM   #38
Greyson
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transmasculine/Non-Binary
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hy (Pronounced He)
Relationship Status:
Married
 

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 6,589
Thanks: 21,132
Thanked 8,160 Times in 2,007 Posts
Rep Power: 21474852
Greyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST Reputation
Default

Hi Guys. I know most of you know this stuff about me already. But for those who do not, bare with me. In my profile I use the I.D. Transmasculine Butch. In other instances I also refer to myself as a Transman, Transguy. I agree with Thinker, "It is like trying to nail jello to the wall." I know each of us have different ideas as to what certain descriptor may or man not mean. I know I am most likely going to offend someone. It is not my intention. If I do offend you, please let me know and I will stand corrected.

Other then my above disclaimer, I also came in to say hello and good night to so many old and familiar faces.
Greyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 11:44 PM   #39
Thinker
Senior Member

How Do You Identify?:
transman
Preferred Pronoun?:
male
 
Thinker's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,868
Thanks: 710
Thanked 4,134 Times in 1,079 Posts
Rep Power: 21474847
Thinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST Reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyson View Post

Other then my above disclaimer, I also came in to say hello and good night to so many old and familiar faces.
Hello and good night to you, Greyson.
__________________
Practice humility and kindness.
Thinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 09:36 AM   #40
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:
..
 

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: ..
Posts: 3,471
Thanks: 292
Thanked 2,646 Times in 1,295 Posts
Rep Power: 0
Jet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST Reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyson View Post
Hi Guys. I know most of you know this stuff about me already. But for those who do not, bare with me. In my profile I use the I.D. Transmasculine Butch. In other instances I also refer to myself as a Transman, Transguy. I agree with Thinker, "It is like trying to nail jello to the wall." I know each of us have different ideas as to what certain descriptor may or man not mean. I know I am most likely going to offend someone. It is not my intention. If I do offend you, please let me know and I will stand corrected.

Other then my above disclaimer, I also came in to say hello and good night to so many old and familiar faces.
Why is it that we must continually dance around our sexuality either because of discrimination or by way of labeling? This past summer I had plans to go on an outing 4th of July. The person who invited me came over and said that the host of the party didn't want me there because I'm transgendered. His mother and sister were going to be there and he didn't want me to do "anything embarrassing." As if I would? But is was okay for an transitioned FTM to be there with his wife? Where does it stop? You can bet I'll damn well be me and I don't care who I offend. Because it's not me who's offensive. It's the other person's unwillingness to be respect something I was born with. I would have been gracious at the outing, but I wasn't given that chance. I'm dismayed at the prejudices within the GLBT community.
Jet is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jet For This Useful Post:
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:53 PM.


ButchFemmePlanet.com
All information copyright of BFP 2018