PDA

View Full Version : 12 Step Meeting in Chat here on BFP

LeftWriteFemme
03-14-2010, 07:16 PM
Hello Friends of Bill, Lois and Jimmy,

Medusa set up a private chat room for us to have meetings in. I was thinking we might have a test meeting on Sunday night at 9 pm eastern time 6 pacific time and see how it goes. I hope this will work for those interested. If this goes well I'm sure we can add addional meetings.

The room is pass word protected and I am going to put the password in white here in this post so you can enter the room. I hope to see you all there!

options

Tommi
03-14-2010, 07:54 PM
Hello Friends of Bill, Lois and Jimmy,

Medusa set up a private chat room for us to have meetings in. I was thinking we might have a test meeting on Sunday night at 9 pm eastern time 6 pacific time and see how it goes. I hope this will work for those interested. If this goes well I'm sure we can add addional meetings.

The room is pass word protected and I am going to put the password in white here in this post so you can enter the room. I hope to see you all there!

options

I'll mark my calender for next Sunday at 6:00 my time.

Soft*Silver
03-14-2010, 07:59 PM
I am cool with next week too. I just dont get the "word in white"

remember, I lost more brain cells...lol

LeftWriteFemme
03-14-2010, 08:06 PM

Not to worry, softness, if you highlight my first post there will will appear at the bottom of the post a word you didn't see before that word is the password to enter our chat room. Let me know if you can't find it. I look forward to chatting with you next week!

Tommi
03-14-2010, 08:10 PM

Looking right and left for that other marble I lost...Oh there it is////>:jester:

It's called secret, or invisible writing in white font. ..Shhh... the secret is we can see who is here.. just highlight the post to make the letters visible.. :police:

Now that you know, you can write all kinds of mushy stuff, or plain ole' crap mixed in your posts, then just make the font white..

Tommi
03-19-2010, 05:48 AM
-----and the the -the wisdom to know the difference.

Super or Mega?:king:
When making irrational decisions do I blame lack of wisdom. Hell no, I blame the a**hole that pissed me off.

Do I make amends. Only if I let them live.
I have prayed that I win at least the Super lottery if not the mega lottery. Now, even a scratch off would thrill me...:doghead:

LeftWriteFemme
03-20-2010, 06:14 AM
Our first AA, NA, Al-Anon chat meeting will be taking place in the Friends of Bill, Lois and Jimmy chat room on Sunday night at 9 pm eastern time and 6 pm westcoast time. I hope you can join us there and please don't for get your Options because the room is password protected. I look forward to seeing everyone there!

:ymca:

Tommi
03-21-2010, 06:56 PM
Our first AA, NA, Al-Anon chat meeting will be taking place in the Friends of Bill, Lois and Jimmy chat room on Sunday night at 9 pm eastern time and 6 pm westcoast time. I hope you can join us there and please don't for get your Options because the room is password protected. I look forward to seeing everyone there!

:ymca:

That's like now..huh:outfield:

TenderKnight
04-06-2010, 10:31 PM
Hey!

As usual, I'm late on the up take, lol.. How'd the first meeting go?? Are there more planned?

Tommi
04-06-2010, 11:21 PM
Hey!

As usual, I'm late on the up take, lol.. How'd the first meeting go?? Are there more planned?

Went well...come back Sunday at 9PM EST

TenderKnight
04-06-2010, 11:47 PM
Tommi, sadly, I work Sunday nights.. Ah well, I'm glad that it went well.. Will keep an eye out to see if there will be more on diffrent days planned.

SingularNYCFemme
05-23-2010, 08:14 PM
Is this ongoing?

LeftWriteFemme
05-24-2010, 04:17 AM
Is this ongoing?

Singular,

I am so sorry! I remembered last week and forgot this week! Yes, there should have been a meeting. I don't know why my head flew out the window last night......again you have my apologies.

Sherrie

fever
05-25-2010, 01:07 AM
Is there an OA on here? I have been to Al Anon over the years, which was helpful, but more and more of the alcoholic/gambling household I grew up in has been surfacing. It would be great to talk to all of you. Please include me in any meetings.

I am very sorry I won't get to spend time with you, Tommi, and Lovely LWF. Maybe I will sell lots of Watkins and Lingerie between now and August. :-)

hugs

LeftWriteFemme
05-26-2010, 04:17 AM
Fever,

There is supposed to be a chatroom meeting every Sunday night, but i must say I have been falling down on this and promise to do better. I hope you can join us Sunday night at 9:00 pm eastern time.

Good luck with your work I hope you are able to do all that you desire!

Wishing you all the best,

Sherrie

TenderKnight
05-27-2010, 11:06 PM
Not sure where else to post this, and didn't want to start a whole new thread.

I have almost one day sober as of right now. I was out of the program and the rooms for the last two months. I have posted in that time talking about what I learned when I got sober.. I never said that I wasn't sober at the time, I didn't feel like that was anyone's business.. But in the intrests of honesty, I wanted to disclose this fact.

I am sorry if I led others to believe that I was still sober.. I guess this is brutal honesty for myself here. Not really beating myself up or anything, but I want to always live an honest life and this is my way of doing so. I've been to two meetings today and have made a personal commitment to a friend to be at one on Sunday morning. I will be going to a few more before then, but it is good for me to be accountable.

Again, I just wasn't sure where else to post this and I am not posting this for pity or sympathy.. Or hostility, for that matter.. lol I am posting this so that I can "walk" around here knowing that I am not misleading anyone.

Thank you.

-Tony, Addict and Alcoholic.

LeftWriteFemme
05-28-2010, 03:47 AM
Not sure where else to post this, and didn't want to start a whole new thread.

I have almost one day sober as of right now. I was out of the program and the rooms for the last two months. I have posted in that time talking about what I learned when I got sober.. I never said that I wasn't sober at the time, I didn't feel like that was anyone's business.. But in the intrests of honesty, I wanted to disclose this fact.

I am sorry if I led others to believe that I was still sober.. I guess this is brutal honesty for myself here. Not really beating myself up or anything, but I want to always live an honest life and this is my way of doing so. I've been to two meetings today and have made a personal commitment to a friend to be at one on Sunday morning. I will be going to a few more before then, but it is good for me to be accountable.

Again, I just wasn't sure where else to post this and I am not posting this for pity or sympathy.. Or hostility, for that matter.. lol I am posting this so that I can "walk" around here knowing that I am not misleading anyone.

Thank you.

-Tony, Addict and Alcoholic.

Welcome back, Tony. If there is any suport the recovering community here on BFP can offer you please let us know. We are trying to hold a meeting here on Sunday nights, if this doesn't fit with your schedule please suggest a time that might and we will try to accomodate that time.

Very truly,

Sherrie

greeneyedgrrl
09-14-2011, 12:37 AM
so... is this thread/meeting dead?

LeftWriteFemme
09-14-2011, 04:43 AM
so... is this thread/meeting dead?

I'm sure you could bring it back to life. What are your thoughts on having a meeting in the chat room? We have our own room, by the way....Medusa created it for us, we haven't used it much yet, but that could change in you are interested in changing it.

greeneyedgrrl
09-14-2011, 11:35 PM
I didn't really have a set idea... just thought it would be cool to connect with other queer folk in recovery. There aren't many where I'm at... at least not in my program. :( I saw that you have your own chat room which sounds fantastic, but I must admit I have no clue how that works. :p

LeftWriteFemme
09-16-2011, 04:37 PM
I didn't really have a set idea... just thought it would be cool to connect with other queer folk in recovery. There aren't many where I'm at... at least not in my program. :( I saw that you have your own chat room which sounds fantastic, but I must admit I have no clue how that works. :p

How we used to have meetings was to set a time and all go to chat at the same time, but not many people would show up regularly and I got tired of chatting with myself........so we haven't attempted it lately.