PDA

View Full Version : Park Police and the U.S. Marshals refer to DADT Officer as "it", "shim"

Linus
04-26-2010, 08:06 AM
See here: http://www.pamshouseblend.com/diary/15940/president-obama-a-transgender-veteran-is-not-impersonator-it-or-shim

Pass this to as many MSM and elsewhere. This is appalling that a veteran is so disrespected after a lifetime of honourable service. She stood up for her rights and voiced her displeasure at DADT. The treatment and comments were totally unprofessional and uncalled for.

This President should be ashamed and offended by the terms used those members of police that represent the WH.

Bit
04-26-2010, 08:53 AM
Thank you, Linus. I'll repost it on facebook.

Jess
04-26-2010, 09:10 AM
From the text of the petition Linus linked to...

"Now, I've said this before, I'll repeat it again -- it's not for me to tell you to be patient, any more than it was for others to counsel patience to African Americans petitioning for equal rights half a century ago...
If we are honest with ourselves we'll admit that there are too many who do not yet know in their lives or feel in their hearts the urgency of this struggle.

...And that's why it's so important that you continue to speak out, that you continue to set an example, that you continue to pressure leaders -- including me -- and to make the case all across America."

Taken from a speech Obama gave to a LGBT audience on Oct 12, 2009.

And then when we do continue to "pressure leaders" including him, we are called "hecklers" or we are "screaming at him" and his response is "go tell it to the folks who disagree".. as witnessed at the Barbra Boxer event.

Kinda looks like.. sounds like... the old political two step.

Thanks for the link Linus. It is very important for us to sign as many petitions as we can. Personally , I would love to see my representatives server crash a few times from outraged folks. They may begin to get it.

Andrew, Jr.
04-26-2010, 01:49 PM
I always say people disappointment me. Case and point. *Deep sigh.