PDA

View Full Version : OFOS.. a space for butch-femme dykes

Jess
05-19-2010, 11:38 PM
Within our community, everyone gets a space to feel as "safe" as possible to meet with like minds in their own sense of identity.

I had noticed the lack of this space for butches and femmes who still go by the Old School definition of ( primarily) feminine and (primarily) masculine identified lesbians/ dykes within these pages.

Since there are no resources for this particular subgroup listed here, I thought perhaps it might be helpful for those of us who identify this way to have a place to chat or list resources or just mingle.

Please note: This is not to negate other groups within this subculture of a subculture, it is simply to allow for a different one. If in fighting starts, I will request this thread be closed.

That said... welcome aboard!

apretty
05-19-2010, 11:43 PM
http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showpost.php?p=9631&postcount=1

betenoire
05-19-2010, 11:54 PM
well I know you deleted your post quick like a bunny so nobody could see you being a jerk, but some people saw you and I was one of those people.

since you have apretty on ignore and didn't see her post, I will enlighten you. she was considerately pointing out to you that a thread for "OFOS" already exists.

the thread is located here: http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...31&postcount=1

apretty
05-19-2010, 11:55 PM
maybe someone else can tell you that you've created a duplicate thread. you're welcome.

Jess
05-19-2010, 11:59 PM
well I know you deleted your post quick like a bunny so nobody could see you being a jerk, but some people saw you and I was one of those people.

since you have apretty on ignore and didn't see her post, I will enlighten you. she was considerately pointing out to you that a thread for "OFOS" already exists.

the thread is located here: http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...31&postcount=1

Did it intentionally as I knew I was being stalked by a couple of "jerks" Pay mind to your own behavior And thanks for adding what was said.. usually it is nothing of merit except scathing asshattery, so I ignore it.

Thanks for the proof.

betenoire
05-20-2010, 12:02 AM
Did it intentionally as I knew I was being stalked by a couple of "jerks" Pay mind to your own behavior And thanks for adding what was said.. usually it is nothing of merit except scathing asshattery, so I ignore it.

Thanks for the proof.

Don't go blaming apretty because you didn't bother to check to see if you were creating a duplicate thread.

What proof are you talking about, exactly?

And "stalked" by a couple of jerks? Really? My my my but we -are- self-important!

apretty is my friend. I love her to bite-sized little bits. So when someone is being a jerk to her - I'm gonna go ahead and pay mind to that.

Jess
05-20-2010, 12:06 AM
I looked through the threads and was unable to find an OFOS thread. My apologies to Jet, however, even the link so kindly and without malice that was provided did not link me to the forum it falls under.

It doesn't allow me access, perhaps a flaw in the system.

I will request this thread be closed since there already is one and will request that that particular thread become a group of interest. Hate that it got lost.

Thanks for playin.

apretty
05-20-2010, 12:07 AM

Thanks for the proof.

hey big eraser, proof is in the pudding!

betenoire
05-20-2010, 12:10 AM
it's located here: http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15

7th thread down, actually.

Jess
05-20-2010, 12:13 AM
Thanks a heap. Will make sure to keep it active. Removing this as soon as a moderator with techy skillz wakes up.

Martina
05-20-2010, 12:14 AM
Actually this is NOT a duplicate, and i was happy to see it. The other is just OFOS butches and femmes -- many of those folks may not and probably do not ID as dykes. i thought this was for people who do. It's not a bad idea.

Jess
05-20-2010, 12:18 AM
Actually this is NOT a duplicate, and i was happy to see it. The other is just OFOS butches and femmes -- many of those folks may not and probably do not ID as dykes. i thought this was for people who do. It's not a bad idea.

Thanks a lot, Martina. Sometimes everyone just needs a place free of diversion. Had hoped it become a good resource for those us us who do id as dyke/lesbian proudly and without admonishment .

BullDog
05-20-2010, 12:20 AM

Yeah I agree. I haven't seen other threads specifically for dykes and/or lesbians.

Jett
05-20-2010, 12:24 AM
betenoire, telling someone they're being a jerk, is pretty much name calling, which is pretty much against the TOS. And Jess yep that pretty much includes you even if you're putting it in quotes.

I suggest you stay away from each other (all of you) if you can't get along... and yes that would include being helpful in ways like pointing people away from this thread on the second post.

Jess nice thread idea, though there is a OFOS thread yes... I'm not sure if you intended it for "the subgroup" OFOS B-F's generally or OFOS B-F Lesbians and Dykes...

I'd love to see you start another thread and maybe being clearer in the title.

Again nice thread idea.

I'm closing this thread though per request.
Metropolis