PDA

View Full Version : Abused horses being returnd to owner, this just piss's me OFF!!

morningstar55
07-07-2010, 09:22 AM
im soooooooooo ANGRY ABOUT THIS...... this woman had horses standing in there own shit over there ankles/fetlocks..... says she has that like that to provide keep cold out of stalls in the winter........ OMG she is crazy.
then there were i dont know how many cats locked up in a shed and dogs..
read on... voice your thoughts here or most of all on that radio station who is broadcasting the hell out of it to fight this ....... this lady has tons of money . why is she doing this????
Judge Orders Many Horses Returned

Buffalo, N.Y. (WBEN) - New York State Supreme Court Judge Joseph R. Glownia this afternoon ordered 40 horses rescued from an East Aurora property on March 18, 2010 returned to Beth Hoskins.

http://www.wben.com/Judge-Orders-Many-Horses-Returned/7626671

SEE: Photos of Horses

The SPCA Serving Erie County has been granted permission to inspect the horses and their care on Hoskins’ Emery Road farm. Additionally, Hoskins has been ordered to hire additional help in caring for the animals, and has been ordered to provide adequate care and sustenance for the horses.

SPCA Board of Directors President Larry Robb states, “It is with grave concern for the horses that the SPCA is complying with this court order. Our concern is not only for the forty horses ordered returned, but for any other horses which may have been acquired by Ms. Hoskins since the March rescue and may now be residing on one of her properties.” Robb adds the judge's order may not serve the intended purpose. "I'm sure the judge is trying to help, but it won't save us any money if she picks horses from all over the place instead of one location. Say there are 40 horses in one location and she takes 20, we still have to take care of the other 20," says Robb. Hoskins will be allowed to choose which horses will be returned.

Hoskins' attorneys, Barry Covert and George Muscato, say the ruling is appropriate. "We think it makes a whole lot of sense," says Covert. "Judge Glownia is interested in mitigating the expenses to the SPCA, and quite frankly every horse that gets returned to Beth under their supervision mitigates the cost of the SPCA and more importantly to their donors, so they don't need to seek donations for expenses Beth is ready, willing, and able to pay for."

Muscato adds, "The SPCA made a decision we thought was inappropriate and the return of the horse is the right thing to do in bringing this matter to a conclusion." Muscato says Hoskins is a leading expert in the breeding and handling of Morgan horses. "The SPCA in their own 2008 memorandum complemented her on the beautiful farm and found her more than capable of caring for these horses," adds Muscato. Both attorneys say they'll deal with the additional charges expected to filed against Hoskins.

One hundred thirty animals, including 73 horses and 53 cats and 4 dogs, were rescued from Hoskins’ property in March. Six dogs and two cats who were in good health and resided in the home were returned to Hoskins shortly thereafter when living conditions in the home were improved.

Also today, the Erie County District Attorney’s office has notified the SPCA that it would like to move ahead with one animal cruelty charge for each animal rescued from Hoskins’ properties in March with the exception of the six animals who were returned. Originally, 10 charges were filed in an effort to represent each animal victim. The SPCA will be filing the additional 114 charges this month.

Civil proceedings against Hoskins will continue in front of Judge Glownia July 12, 9:30 am in New York State Supreme Court. A date for criminal proceedings in front of Aurora Town Justice Douglas W. Marky in Town of Aurora Court has not been set.

Andrew, Jr.
07-07-2010, 09:28 AM
I saw this, and my jaw dropped to the floor. What is wrong with people?!

Rockinonahigh
07-07-2010, 10:13 AM
As a life long horse lover I want to puke about this action,over the years I have seen a lot of this happen and mostly because some places dont have a horse sanctuary for the horses to go to...giving them back to the owner is nuts.Hell give them to someone who will love and care for them insted of this.When I was active in the horse buisness I have turned in many ppl who were as bad or worse over such things as this,beleave it or not most were ppl who had the bucks to care for them properly but just didnt cause in reality thay werent high on the totem pole for them..it was a tax right off if the died..sad but true.

T D
07-07-2010, 10:19 AM
Personally, I don't think people treat horses all that great around here where I live. It really pisses me off too!!!

Soft*Silver
07-07-2010, 10:20 AM
this is one of those situations where I hold myself and rock as I pray...I cannot imagine the inhumanity of this person. I also dont understand how the ASPCA touted her stable as a top morgan stable just a few years before this. How does a top stable topple into this kind of travesty? Those horses featured in the photos were rail thin and living in unhealthy and unsafe conditions. It also looked like some of their manes had been chewed off. Horses will often resort to eating manes and tails when they are starved. And if she is a top breeder, why didnt members of this breed step up and try to help these horses before it got to this point? All too often, people gossip but do nothing. If they did know, then shame on them for not speaking out and helping these horses.

Where I live, people sometimes do leave a bit of manure of manure in the stall by the walls to keep heat in...I know the amish do this. I have heard 4H advisors tell kids to do this. My own father did this. But no one who practices this the way it should be practiced, ever leaves more than a low layer, just against the wall. Certainly not in the middle. And never would a horse be able to sink in it. Did you see how high that manure was??? The smell of manure and urine that built up, rips the lungs and nostrils of the horse. How hopeless those poor horses must have felt. If you have never seen a depressed horse, it is so pitiful. Again, someday we will be known as barbarians and it will be said there was a holocaust that we allowed to happen...

And certainly no horse is covered with manure. That poor horse's belly that was all matted up. Mats HURT. It pulls the skin. Every movement is like someone pinching them.

I would like to hear more about this in the future, Ms Morningstar. I am going to ask some of my rescue friends, and a friend of mine in the morgan business about this case. If I find out anything that hasnt been reported here, I will post it..

Rockinonahigh
07-07-2010, 10:41 AM
I will never understand humanity that treats another life a worthless or less than.U can bet somewhere down the line these ppl will get the same thing back a hunderd fold.For many years I had a farm and I cant tell u how many animals I had come up to the barn looking for food and shelter as way to many ppl were droping cats & dogs out on the road cause they didnt want them..I put a sign on my front gate that said ...Unwanted animals bring them hear insted of putting them on the road...no questions ask.I found homes for them or sent them to the no kill rescue centers if they were to much for me to handle.When I left there other friends of mine are doing the same thing.Now that I live in town I still put food out at night for the feral animals who are often out only at night right along with plenty of water for them.

Ebon
07-07-2010, 10:46 AM
I hate people, I hate people, I hate people, I hate people!!!

Rockinonahigh
07-07-2010, 10:53 AM
On another note..
Horse breed regestrys have a rule about humane treatment of horses at the shows and events only as far as I know.When I was showing that was all there was,what went on at home unless it was reported to the aspca they couldnt do anythig about.One of the biggest reason I quit the buisness was cause as hard as I tryed I couldnt get this changed,not all trainers are cruel but I know many need some of there own tretment they give animals.The ppl I have turned in,the stories I could tell would make u sicker that u will ever know.Its about winning,money earned from customers who really take a while to wise up that this treatment isnt the only way ,then they quit the bad trainer or preatige of haveing the winner.No trophy,win check or amout of prestige is worth harming any liveing being.

Fancy
07-07-2010, 11:26 AM
Thank you for sharing this article!

It does make me sick to my stomach to read such a wretched story. There are a few well run horse sanctuaries in this area, and any of them would be much much better than the misguided option of returning these animals to the supposed owner.

Gemme
07-07-2010, 01:57 PM
I suddenly have visions of her being trampled to death in some sort of late-coming justice. :blink:

Disgusting. Absolutely disgusting.

Rockinonahigh
07-07-2010, 07:18 PM
The biggest reason things like this dont get ppl put in jail is its the laws we deal with dont have enough bite to do more than a slap on the wrist.The worst thing I have seen is a $500.00fine a d 30 days in the slamer..not enough.I do hope this person get a lot more than this if not.some judgement from a higher power.

Andrew, Jr.
07-08-2010, 12:46 PM
Isn't there state databases of animal abusers like there are for sex offenders?