PDA

View Full Version : Gay Bus - Game... Kill the Homosexuals

Julie
11-08-2010, 04:32 PM
I wasn't sure where to post this...
I am not even sure what can be done - but this is HORRIFIC!
For once my brain is at a loss and has no idea what to do.

This needs to be removed or reported - just not sure how or where?!?

New Grounds is hosting "Gay Bus," a game in which the goal is to run over as many "homosexuals in sailors hats" as possible. Each collision splatters blood onto the hood of the "Gay Bus."

http://i374.photobucket.com/albums/oo187/sheisdesign/gaybus.jpg?t=1289255364

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/360298

User Comment:
"Simple, yet incredible!"
by: EpicFail
date: October 31, 2010
First of all, I want to give you props for making a game like this... It's obvious there would be people bitching about it but you haven't bitched out of it or removed it, and that's what makes you awesome for it.

Can't say much about it, gameplay is easy, graphics are basic, everything's basic but it's so fun.

My high score so far is 180, I tried really hard because I really hate gay people.

dixie
11-08-2010, 04:41 PM

New Grounds is hosting "Gay Bus," a game in which the goal is to run over as many "homosexuals in sailors hats" as possible. Each collision splatters blood onto the hood of the "Gay Bus."

User Comment:
First of all, I want to give you props for making a game like this... It's obvious there would be people bitching about it but you haven't bitched out of it or removed it, and that's what makes you awesome for it.

Can't say much about it, gameplay is easy, graphics are basic, everything's basic but it's so fun.

My high score so far is 180, I tried really hard because I really hate gay people.

tom@newgrounds.com Tom is the founder of Newgrounds, and head honcho. I emailed him with my complaint. There's an entire list of the head honcho folks and mods on this page too...> http://www.newgrounds.com/staff

dreadgeek
11-08-2010, 04:45 PM
I want to say I am surprised or shocked that anyone would take the time to code all this up in Flash but I'm not the least bit surprised. Nor am I at all surprised that some 'phobe has found his own personal Jesus in the form of the guy who coded this.

Cheers
Aj

User Comment:

betenoire
11-08-2010, 04:48 PM
Fucked up, but you know. Not surprising.

There are already games where you can run over, drown, or shoot at every other demographic on the planet. We're certainly not immune to douchebags with computers.

Pixie
11-08-2010, 04:57 PM
That is completely ridiculous and appalling, I pm'd the "honchos"

Ebon
11-08-2010, 05:00 PM
A 19 year old kid from the UK made it.

Doesn't surprise me either. I used to hate on gay people too when I was that young.

betenoire
11-08-2010, 05:03 PM

Doesn't surprise me either. I used to hate on gay people too when I was that young.

19, huh? Ambitious little fucker.

When I was 19 I was far too busy avoiding my parents phonecalls and hating being sober to run around making video games.

Pixie
11-08-2010, 05:06 PM

No offense bro...

But I don't think his age or relativity to surprise gives it any kinda excuse or shoulder shrug....

Kobi
11-08-2010, 05:28 PM
That is an incredibly boring and simplistic game.

We have a game in the arcade on this site called Carmegeddon....object....run over as many kids and old ladies with walkers as you can in 90 seconds. :sunglass:

Julie
11-08-2010, 05:31 PM

We have a game in the arcade on this site called Carmegeddon....object....run over as many kids and old ladies with walkers as you can in 90 seconds. :sunglass:

Kobi...

I think for ME and why it has such an effect (simplistic or not). We are right now at a height (at least awareness) of LGBTQ suicide among our youth.

What message does this simplistic game send? Boring or not - it makes a grave statement.

Kobi
11-08-2010, 05:55 PM
Kobi...

I think for ME and why it has such an effect (simplistic or not). We are right now at a height (at least awareness) of LGBTQ suicide among our youth.

What message does this simplistic game send? Boring or not - it makes a grave statement.

IF,

I am trying to grasp your concern after a very long, tiring day with an empty tummy and swiss cheese for a brain. Perhaps I should revisit this when I am rested and full. :)

Peace.

Ebon
11-08-2010, 06:04 PM
No offense bro...

But I don't think his age or relativity to surprise gives it any kinda excuse or shoulder shrug....

Go kick his ass then.

1PlayfulFemme
11-08-2010, 06:10 PM
I find it interesting that, as a culture, we are offended by people calling us by the wrong pronouns, but not offended by the idea behind the game. I don't think hate on any level or hidden in any context is okay. Just my 2 cents....

Julie
11-08-2010, 06:14 PM
IF,

I am trying to grasp your concern after a very long, tiring day with an empty tummy and swiss cheese for a brain. Perhaps I should revisit this when I am rested and full. :)

Peace.

Kobi - hopefully you will have rested, eaten and prepared a meal of your brain by the time you read.

I am not sure what generation you are (actually should not matter). BUT - I have lived, participated and fought for this community for 30 years - I have seen my friends raped and even murdered based on the fact they were LGBTQ. I was a gay teen and I attempted suicide in 1977. I was 15 years old. I have been raped based on who I am. I can still hear the laughter in their voices.

Today, we are seeing so many of our youth killing themselves - because really as simple as the concept is.

IGNORANCE breeds HATE
Hate KILLS!

Ebon
11-08-2010, 06:23 PM
Kobi - hopefully you will have rested, eaten and prepared a meal of your brain by the time you read.

I am not sure what generation you are (actually should not matter). BUT - I have lived, participated and fought for this community for 30 years - I have seen my friends raped and even murdered based on the fact they were LGBTQ. I was a gay teen and I attempted suicide in 1977. I was 15 years old and a gay teen. I have been raped based on who I am. I can still hear the laughter in their voices.

Today, we are seeing so many of our youth killing themselves - because really as simple as the concept it.

IGNORANCE breeds HATE
Hate KILLS!

I agree with you 100% but I'm more offended at the grown ass man that worked for the school board saying that he's happy the young people that killed themselves did. The kid that made this game is 19 years old, he probably has never even been out of his home town and he's a nerd (I know my own kind) and is probably gay himself he just hasn't realized it yet.

Julie
11-08-2010, 06:27 PM
I agree with you 100% but I'm more offended at the grown ass man that worked for the school board saying that he's happy the young people that killed themselves did. The kid that made this game is 19 years old, he probably has never even been out of his home town and he's a nerd (I know my own kind) and is probably gay himself he just hasn't realized it yet.

I get it Son! He is probably completely unaware of the ramifications of his game. He is probably a latent homosexual (I love that term) and absolutely a nerd. Could in fact be any one of our children.

Still no excuse, and I would like to kick his ass.

YES - that educator was horrid in his words about our children. And he was taken care of. But what about the message he sent out prior? Same as the message this little twirp is sending out.

Nat
11-08-2010, 06:29 PM
From http://www.networksolutions.com/whois-search/netsol.com

Registrant:
Newgrounds
Thomas Fulp
PO BOX 480
Perkasie, PA 18944
US
Phone: +1.2152799026
Email: tom@newgrounds.com

Registrar Name....: Register.com
Registrar Whois...: whois.register.com
Registrar Homepage: www.register.com

Domain Name: newgrounds.com
Created on..............: 1998-09-17
Expires on..............: 2017-09-16

Administrative Contact:
Newgrounds
Thomas Fulp
PO BOX 480
Perkasie, PA 18944
US
Phone: 215-279-9026

Technical Contact:
Newgrounds
Thomas Fulp
PO BOX 480
Perkasie, PA 18944
US
Phone: 215-279-9026

DNS Servers:
auth1.dns.cogentco.com
auth2.dns.cogentco.com
ns1.newgrounds.com
ns2.newgrounds.com

Nat
11-08-2010, 06:37 PM
Register.com might be open to feedback on how their client is using the domain.

http://www.register.com/

They might not care but they do have a handy customer service number.

Nat
11-08-2010, 06:42 PM
Then there is cogentco
http://cogentco.com/us/cs_faq.php

"Cogent takes its abuse policy very seriously. Please send abuse complaints to abuse@cogentco.com."

Nat
11-08-2010, 06:48 PM
And if the game is in flash, flash is an adobe product and adobe might have some restrictions on the use of said product.

Calling adobe now

betenoire
11-08-2010, 06:52 PM

See, that's kind of my thing.

There are always going to be people who hate Queers. There are always going to be people who hate POC. There are always going to be people who hate fat people, French-speakers, people who voted for Nader, people who wear white socks, etc etc etc. It's not going to go away.

And because I know it's not going to go away - I am a "pick your battles" kind of girl. I just think that there are bigger and more harmful haters out there than some sad little virgin living in his mommy's basement. I'll focus on the haters who are in a position to do actual damage. I'd go bald if I was stressed over a game that maybe a couple hundred douchebags on the internet will play.

And when I am not focusing on the bigger badder haters I will try and match Kobi's score in that "running over children and little old ladies" game.

Julie
11-08-2010, 06:52 PM
And if the game is in flash, flash is an adobe product and adobe might have some restrictions on the use of said product.

Thank You Nat for getting the information.

I wrote Tom an email, as a parent, a lesbian, a gay teen *once upon a time* and as a fellow human being. I was polite in my email and not threatening. I am hoping for to create communication with him. He is pretty smart, this young man and so young still.

I also watched a video interview about him. He seems (god I hope) to be sweet. Let's just hope he is unaware.

Julie

Waldo
11-08-2010, 06:59 PM
Register.com might be open to feedback on how their client is using the domain.

http://www.register.com/

They might not care but they do have a handy customer service number.

Very doubtful.

It's not TM infringement. You may have better luck with the webhost, which deals more with content. But if they do not have an anti-hate clause there's really no grounds.

FlowerFem
11-08-2010, 07:06 PM
I see a law suit. Big lawsuit. LAMDA needs to step up to the plate.

Ebon
11-08-2010, 07:11 PM
See, that's kind of my thing.

There are always going to be people who hate Queers. There are always going to be people who hate POC. There are always going to be people who hate fat people, French-speakers, people who voted for Nader, people who wear white socks, etc etc etc. It's not going to go away.

And because I know it's not going to go away - I am a "pick your battles" kind of girl. I just think that there are bigger and more harmful haters out there than some sad little virgin living in his mommy's basement. I'll focus on the haters who are in a position to do actual damage. I'd go bald if I was stressed over a game that maybe a couple hundred douchebags on the internet will play.

And when I am not focusing on the bigger badder haters I will try and match Kobi's score in that "running over children and little old ladies" game.

Exactly, it takes all kinds.

Diva
11-08-2010, 07:20 PM
Thanks, Nat for all of that information!

I was just coming in here to post a small portion of that:

Tom Fulp, Founder
tom@newgrounds.com

Ryan Pridgeon, creator of Gay Bus

I certainly WILL be writing.....and I'm going to post this on FB, too.

Thanks again, Nat!

Diva
11-08-2010, 07:28 PM
I just posted this information on FaceBook.....

Nat
11-08-2010, 07:48 PM
Then there is cogentco
http://cogentco.com/us/cs_faq.php

"Cogent takes its abuse policy very seriously. Please send abuse complaints to abuse@cogentco.com."

http://cogentco.com/us/AcceptableUsePolicy.php

Acceptable Use Policy
This Acceptable Use Policy applies to all persons and entities (collectively, "customers") using the products and services of Cogent Communications, Inc., ("Cogent") including Internet service. The policy is designed to protect the security, integrity, reliability, and privacy of both the Cogent network and the products and services Cogent offers to its customers. Cogent reserves the right to modify this policy at any time, effective immediately upon posting of the modification. Your use of Cogent's products and services constitutes your acceptance of the Acceptable Use Policy in effect at the time of your use. You are solely responsible for any and all acts and omissions that occur during or relating to your use of the service, and you agree not to engage in any unacceptable use of the service.

What Uses are Prohibited?

Unacceptable use includes, but is not limited to, any of the following:

(these are the two that seem most related possibly)

1. Posting, transmission, re-transmission, or storing material on or through any of Cogent's products or services, if in the sole judgment of Cogent such posting, transmission, re-transmission or storage is: (a) in violation of any local, state, federal, or non-United States law or regulation (including rights protected by copyright, trade secret, patent or other intellectual property or similar laws or regulations); (b) threatening or abusive; (c) obscene; (d) indecent; or (e) defamatory. Each customer shall be responsible for determining what laws or regulations are applicable to his or her use of the products and services.

15. Harassment, whether through language, frequency, or size of messages.

Enforcement

Cogent may immediately suspend and/or terminate the customer's service for violation of any provision of this policy upon verbal or written notice, which notice may be provided by voicemail or E-mail. Prior to suspension or termination, Cogent attempts to work with our customers to cure violations of this policy and ensure that there is no re-occurrence; however, Cogent reserves the right to suspend or terminate based on a first offense

Questions?

If you are unsure of whether any contemplated use or action is permitted, please contact Cogent at abuse@cogentco.com or (877) 7-cogent.

Nat
11-08-2010, 07:53 PM
Also if this kid is in the UK he may be breaking the law:

http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2010/03/23/law-against-homophobic-hatred-comes-into-effect/

From may 23rd of this year:

A new law criminalising stirring up homophobic hatred comes into effect today.

The law, which covers England and Wales, will punish offenders with up to seven years in jail or a fine. It brings protections for gay people in line with laws against racial and religious hatred.

Stonewall claimed that a new offence was necessary after it discovered a range of “extreme” websites with anti-gay material. Homophobic song lyrics could also be covered by the law.

Stonewall chief executive Ben Summerskill said: “The newly-extended criminal offence of incitement to hatred will go some way towards addressing the hatred and violence directed towards lesbians, gay men and bisexuals in Britain at a time when homophobic attacks are on the increase.

“It sends a strong signal that such behaviour is unacceptable in a civilised society. Just like race, a person’s sexual orientation is an intrinsic characteristic for which no citizen should ever feel under threat of verbal or physical violence.”

It is unlikely the new law will be used frequently. Similar laws against inciting racial hatred have only been used around 20 times in the 30 years since they came into force.

The legislation will not make it a crime to criticise or tell jokes about homosexuality.

Both religious leaders and comedians had expressed concern that they would be criminalised under it.

While Stonewall and government supporters claimed the initial legislation would not impede freedom of speech, the House of Lords passed an amendment to protect those who criticise homosexuality or urge gays to turn straight from prosecution.

The amendment, tabled by Tory peer and former home secretary under Margaret Thatcher Lord Waddington, allows the “discussion or criticism” of sexual practices.

Kobi
11-08-2010, 08:00 PM

I am not sure what generation you are (actually should not matter). BUT - I have lived, participated and fought for this community for 30 years - I have seen my friends raped and even murdered based on the fact they were LGBTQ. I was a gay teen and I attempted suicide in 1977. I was 15 years old. I have been raped based on who I am. I can still hear the laughter in their voices.

Today, we are seeing so many of our youth killing themselves - because really as simple as the concept is.

IGNORANCE breeds HATE
Hate KILLS!

IF,

I'm going to presume you meant make a meal FOR not OF my brain ;) I did and lets hope my fed brain makes sense.

I am of the same generation as you. Have done the fighting, the paving of the way, breaking down barriers as both a woman and a lesbian. The scars run deep. Then again so do the survival skills. :)

I understand your concern for the well being of our youth. It is a tragedy for suicide to be the only option one feels they have available to them. And, I agree, the community needs to advocate against those things which breed and accentuate hate in any form.

I am also a realist. I'm not exactly sure where the concept of and manifestations of hatred come from, but I know it is a reality of life. Regardless of who we are and what we stand for, someone somewhere will find something not to like about us. And they will behave in unpleasant ways including developing silly games (btw I agree, he is a geek and he seems latent to me).

Part of our "job" as the more senior and experienced members of a community is to bolster our youth, help them during the difficult time of identity formation, help them learn to negotiate life on their terms as who and what they are, to help them develop and maintain self esteem, pride, acceptance of self.

Another part of our "job" is to teach them the realities of life, picking battles wisely, developing a thicker skin, dealing with the hatred without losing the sense of self as a worthy and worthwhile person. We need to help them learn to survive the hatred they might encounter and thrive in spite of it. And I think it is an invaluable thing to learn.

I'm thinking a game like this is a good educational tool. Take something potentially harmful and turn it into something helpful, a starting place for a discussion which needs to be had with our youth.

This doesnt mean dont write and call and complain. It does mean, in my head, it is a game and like many games for computers and game systems, violence under the guise of entertainment is the norm not the exception. Whether it is running over kids and old ladies in carmegeddon or shooting pigeons in a couple of games, or batting beheaded penguins, war games, dog mutilation - our arcade is not for the faint of heart.

As much as I would like to be there to protect our youth 24/7, it just isnt going to happen. At some point, we have to teach them to take care of themselves and to be ok doing so.

Julie
11-08-2010, 08:10 PM
Kobi...

Thank you for your words. I think we just look at it differently on a level which is not so different.

I am not worried about our gay youth seeing it, as much as I am worried about the message that it sends to those who are ignorant and if it fosters the OKAY for some people to bash gays.

While it is just a video, it sends a message.

Even with everything I have seen in my life and everything I have experienced. I am still not thick skinned. I hope I never am. I hope I continue to believe the world is kind and in it are kind people. I choose to wear my rose colored specs - they make everything so much prettier.

I don't want our children thick skinned either. I want them to be able to experience the beauty of life. They should not have to experience the hatred.

Maybe I am still naive in this thinking... (shrugs *literally* my shoulders).

p.s. About your brain. I liked your post and your words -- so I am not going to share with you, what I wanted you to do with your brain earlier (lol).

Nat
11-08-2010, 08:20 PM
To me it's a tacit nod of approval and incitement of hate crimes and bullying against lgbtq people. The fact somebody made the game doesn't surprise me, but I am definitely interested in knowing if any of the companies involved in that game's availability are okay with having their services used in this manner.

Kobi
11-08-2010, 08:24 PM
Kobi...

Thank you for your words. I think we just look at it differently on a level which is not so different.

I am not worried about our gay youth seeing it, as much as I am worried about the message that it sends to those who are ignorant and if it fosters the OKAY for some people to bash gays.

While it is just a video, it sends a message.

Even with everything I have seen in my life and everything I have experienced. I am still not thick skinned. I hope I never am. I hope I continue to believe the world is kind and in it are kind people. I choose to wear my rose colored specs - they make everything so much prettier.

I don't want our children thick skinned either. I want them to be able to experience the beauty of life. They should not have to experience the hatred.

Maybe I am still naive in this thinking... (shrugs *literally* my shoulders).

p.s. About your brain. I liked your post and your words -- so I am not going to share with you, what I wanted you to do with your brain earlier (lol).

IF,

It is not naive at all. Your exuberance and focus on what should be is very admirable. I am glad there are people like you in the world.

LOL thank you for sparing my brain from whatever you were thinking of suggesting I do with it;)

Diva
11-08-2010, 08:30 PM
I have a friend who is ad-work....and she just sent this information to the editor of www.afterelton.com to start a campaign.

:D

I KNEW that I would know someone who would know someone who would know someone to put the pressure on.

Julie
11-08-2010, 08:35 PM
I have a friend who is ad-work....and she just sent this information to the editor of www.afterelton.com to start a campaign.

:D

I KNEW that I would know someone who would know someone who would know someone to put the pressure on.

Someone wrote in another thread, how parts of this site was inappropriate and should not be allowed yada yada - probably has nothing to do with this (not getting into it or wanting to get into it)...

Except without this site and all the wonderful diverse members of our community...

Perhaps we might not know, and then diva might not have known and then her friend in advertising might not know.

It is a beautiful day in Australia!
The sun is shining!
I love our community.

1PlayfulFemme
11-08-2010, 08:38 PM
A quote from the Author of the game himself....

"Author Comments
Got sick of a few LGBT activists carrying out personal attacks.

I have nothing against any group of people, but apparently comedy isn't allowed.

Sorry.

221 reviews | Log in to write a review | Share this!"

Diva
11-08-2010, 09:08 PM
Thanks, 1PF....

WOW! I had no idea I was an activist!!!! YEA ME!!! Do I get a tiara for that?

The neat thing is....he thinks I'm done! Wonder what he'd do if he knew this activist looks like his mother.... :eyebat:

Ebon
11-08-2010, 09:30 PM
http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-snc4/hs475.snc4/49856_1195151806_6829195_n.jpg

and this is our programmer

Yeah he's a real monster.

Diva
11-08-2010, 09:31 PM
The monster lies between the headphones.

1PlayfulFemme
11-08-2010, 09:32 PM
Thanks, 1PF....

WOW! I had no idea I was an activist!!!! YEA ME!!! Do I get a tiara for that?

The neat thing is....he thinks I'm done! Wonder what he'd do if he knew this activist looks like his mother.... :eyebat:

*Laughing* Diva, I think you should get a tiara...and perhaps a sash..maybe some roses...oh, wait..that's a different thing all together....

I still vote yes to the tiara!! ;)

Jesse
11-08-2010, 09:39 PM
I wrote my letters as well.

I am curious though we have this particular game on this site. Old ladies with walkers and little kids are people who matter too.

Jesse

Julie
11-08-2010, 09:45 PM
The monster lies between the headphones.

Not to compare...

But can you guess who this sweet baby was?

http://momento24.com/en/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/Hitler_ni%C3%B1o1.jpg

Nat
11-08-2010, 09:48 PM
Not to compare...

Is that hitler?

Julie
11-08-2010, 09:52 PM
Is that hitler?

Isn't he precious?

nicetgurl_30
11-08-2010, 09:52 PM
I understand the concerns everyone has at this time about the game, is it better to ignore the game and simply do complaint, or bring more people to go to site look at then just get upset and cause more popularity for these kinda things. I mean about a month ago there was this game where u killed homeless ppl or drug wars.

Programming isnt going to stop, so the question is for me is, do u educate that ppl should be more thoughtful when creating video games or limit the content of video games all together, cause is it the killing of ppl in general or just gay ppl cause I think both are pretty bad

Nat
11-08-2010, 09:53 PM

Calling adobe now

PS. Adobe did not care. I spoke with several customer service reps from Adobe and they were unable to understand me or why I was calling. :)

Nat
11-08-2010, 09:54 PM
Isn't he precious?

he looks sort of sad and wistful really

AtLast
11-08-2010, 10:09 PM
A quote from the Author of the game himself....

"Author Comments
Got sick of a few LGBT activists carrying out personal attacks.

I have nothing against any group of people, but apparently comedy isn't allowed.

Sorry.

221 reviews | Log in to write a review | Share this!"

So you develop a game to kill them?? WTF???

Ebon
11-08-2010, 10:14 PM
I understand the concerns everyone has at this time about the game, is it better to ignore the game and simply do complaint, or bring more people to go to site look at then just get upset and cause more popularity for these kinda things. I mean about a month ago there was this game where u killed homeless ppl or drug wars.

Programming isnt going to stop, so the question is for me is, do u educate that ppl should be more thoughtful when creating video games or limit the content of video games all together, cause is it the killing of ppl in general or just gay ppl cause I think both are pretty bad

It will be something different next week. Meanwhile we are sitting here focused on a 19 year old boy, when the house of representatives are about to try to wreck havoc on our civil rights.

Julie
11-08-2010, 10:20 PM
It will be something different next week. Meanwhile we are sitting here focused on a 19 year old boy, when the house of representatives are about to try to wreck havoc on our civil rights.

You're right...
But like LOVE (where there is no measure of space)
We can focus on more than one thing.

I am poly-focusable (that is my new word).

I love you ***

Kobi
11-08-2010, 10:39 PM
Is that hitler?

Kobi draws a mustache on baby Adolf.....hmmm. Love the hair.

Mass murders, serial killers....most are attractive, charming people (cept for GWB) who probably took a cute baby picture too.

Kobi glances at IF, yeah I know Kobi beef....fried with some sauteed onion.

Julie
11-08-2010, 10:43 PM
Kobi draws a mustache on baby Adolf.....hmmm. Love the hair.

Mass murders, serial killers....most are attractive, charming people (cept for GWB) who probably took a cute baby picture too.

Kobi glances at IF, yeah I know Kobi beef....fried with some sauteed onion.

Are you attractive and charming? Please post a baby picture here.

I do not eat meat! Well, I did have a cheeseburger yesterday - but it was Australian Angus and it was my first in many months. Kobi beef gives me a tummy ache, really.

In other news - Diva offered to purchase the game from the game designer child extraordinare. She is expecting all of us to help pay for this.

I love Diva - she is my dream date.

Nat
11-08-2010, 10:47 PM
The game creator has updated the game description again:

I've requested that this game be removed. Had a few LGBT activists carrying out personal attacks.

I have nothing against any group of people. I made this 3 years ago for god knows what reason.

Sorry.

Julie
11-08-2010, 10:52 PM

Thank You, Nat.

If he does in fact take it down - then what we have done is a good thing. We might have wasted time as some have said... This kid is clueless as Organic stated earlier. Kind of makes me sad, that he has no idea the implication of his actions.

I am happy to read this, will be happier when it's off.

Jesse
11-08-2010, 10:56 PM
"personal attacks" Lol! Okay who egged his car?

Diva
11-08-2010, 11:00 PM
I wrote the young man a very nice letter, saying I was a lesbian and old enough to be his mother.....and told him to use his power for good.

It was hardly an attack. In fact, I asked him what he was paid for that game and, if I paid him that x 2, would he take the game off?

I wonder if I'll get a bill......
:eyebat:

Diva
11-08-2010, 11:01 PM
Are you attractive and charming? Please post a baby picture here.

I do not eat meat! Well, I did have a cheeseburger yesterday - but it was Australian Angus and it was my first in many months. Kobi beef gives me a tummy ache, really.

In other news - Diva offered to purchase the game from the game designer child extraordinare. She is expecting all of us to help pay for this.

I love Diva - she is my dream date.

Dreamsicles for everyone!!! <giggling>

Rockinonahigh
11-08-2010, 11:13 PM
Not to compare...

Yes,I do..

Ebon
11-08-2010, 11:38 PM
I wrote the young man a very nice letter, saying I was a lesbian and old enough to be his mother.....and told him to use his power for good.

It was hardly an attack. In fact, I asked him what he was paid for that game and, if I paid him that x 2, would he take the game off?

I wonder if I'll get a bill......

Right on....:)

MadeMistakes
11-09-2010, 01:15 AM
I made the game. Sorry, I only just saw this thread. The game has been popping up everywhere recently and it's hard to keep track of! I fully respect what you said both in your Facebook message and on here, the game is bad.

I just wanted to tell you you're not the activists I was talking about, in fact I thought the way you handled this was good. Other people seem to react by telling people my personal info, and talking about how I "want gay people to be killed". This isn't true, I made this game when I was a stupid kid, and I'm trying to get rid of it now.

Sorry for any offence I caused! The game should be down within "24 to 48 hours", after the decision to remove it has been "moderated" by NG staff.

I was paid nothing for the game. This whole thing was just a stupid mistake.

Edit: I was 15 when this was made, and I didn't meant any hate, we were stupid kids messing around. I know that's no excuse, just validating things

betenoire
11-09-2010, 06:32 AM
UGH now I feel like a meaniepants bitchface for saying he was a virgin and lived in his mommy's basement.

He's clearly not a terrible person.

But I might be.

Kobi
11-09-2010, 07:37 AM
I made the game. Sorry, I only just saw this thread. The game has been popping up everywhere recently and it's hard to keep track of! I fully respect what you said both in your Facebook message and on here, the game is bad.

I just wanted to tell you you're not the activists I was talking about, in fact I thought the way you handled this was good. Other people seem to react by telling people my personal info, and talking about how I "want gay people to be killed". This isn't true, I made this game when I was a stupid kid, and I'm trying to get rid of it now.

Sorry for any offence I caused! The game should be down within "24 to 48 hours", after the decision to remove it has been "moderated" by NG staff.

I was paid nothing for the game. This whole thing was just a stupid mistake.

Edit: I was 15 when this was made, and I didn't meant any hate, we were stupid kids messing around. I know that's no excuse, just validating things

Ok I am duly impressed that you folks made such a profound impact on this young man that he actually came here, made a membership(?), and clarified his intentions. Well done!

Nat
11-09-2010, 07:45 AM
Ok I am duly impressed that you folks made such a profound impact on this young man that he actually came here, made a membership(?), and clarified his intentions. Well done!

I think it was because Diva was nice to him and because maybe he's not a monster after all. :)

Jess
11-09-2010, 08:10 AM
Have to say I am impressed also. With a 17 year old gamer boy living under the same roof, I am constantly amazed at the stuff that I hear coming from his room.

Christie and I get opportunity aplenty to have those conversations with him regarding words that hurt/ offend/ trigger. In talking with him, we are both acutely aware that it is part of their generational slang. He is rarely happy to hear that it offends and hurts folks and I believe he sincerely does "catch himself" right afterward sometimes and ponders what he said.

I don't know exactly where kids went from playtime being building forts and seeking grand adventures to killing anything that moves with whatever cache of weaponry they can gather in these video games. That said, I truly suck at video games, but I do enjoy killing the zombies or vampires in some of the games ( that operate with one trigger instead of using both hands..LOL) And I freely admit to going to find the Carmeggedon game Kobi mentioned.. I kinda sucked at that too.

I am not only impressed that the kid came here to apologize but that he was also able to manipulate code and create a game at 15. That's pretty cool. Hopefully, he may go on to do great things, a little more enlightened on his journey.

Ebon
11-09-2010, 09:31 AM
UGH now I feel like a meaniepants bitchface for saying he was a virgin and lived in his mommy's basement.

But I might be.

Nah I don't think you're a bad person. You didn't try to sue him or shoot him with missiles of justice. Maybe just a BB gun of justice, a talking to was all he needed. You don't approach certain people the same way you would approach a big corporation or politician, especially a 19 year old nerd. My nerd comment still stands because I am one. Mom I was right!! Again!! What is this 2 times in a month? Uh oh I'm in trouble now. :|

1PlayfulFemme
11-09-2010, 12:26 PM
I, too, am impressed...I'm not sure that I would have the..*ahem* balls to have gone to a group of people that I insulted (when I was his age) and apologized openly. I appreciate that effort on his behalf...

(I think it also shows that a lil bit of education and kindness can really change the world..) Just sayin' ;)

Jesse
11-09-2010, 12:33 PM
Yes and I do hope as well that our little family here can see this as a small victory and an example of the power we have when we all pull together, rather than tear one another apart.

I, too, am impressed...I'm not sure that I would have the..*ahem* balls to have gone to a group of people that I insulted (when I was his age) and apologized openly. I appreciate that effort on his behalf...

(I think it also shows that a lil bit of education and kindness can really change the world..) Just sayin' ;)

Diva
11-09-2010, 02:36 PM
Just wanted to say that Ryan and I messaged back & forth on FB until about 4 this morning...

Sometimes, I am "off" on peoples' intentions, but I think he is genuinely remorseful about this.

I suggested to him that, perhaps he could find an organization there in the UK to whom he could donate his skills ~ using his 'power' for good. (He had asked what he could do.) So we'll see what he does with that. All in all, I think I've made a new friend here. He seems like a nice young man.

May I just say that YOUR reaction to him going to the trouble to post in here is refreshing. I will certainly tell him how impressed Y'all were with him. May I quote You?

Thanks!

Nat
11-09-2010, 02:58 PM
That's great!

Gemme
11-09-2010, 03:03 PM

But I might be.

Nah. You were probably right about him living with his mom. The virginity and basement is not something I'm going to split hairs over.

:blink:

Nah I don't think you're a bad person. You didn't try to sue him or shoot him with missiles of justice. Maybe just a BB gun of justice, a talking to was all he needed. You don't approach certain people the same way you would approach a big corporation or politician, especially a 19 year old nerd. My nerd comment still stands because I am one. Mom I was right!! Again!! What is this 2 times in a month? Uh oh I'm in trouble now. :|

Yes, dear. You are right. Twice in one month.

Don't get used to it.

betenoire
11-09-2010, 03:37 PM

That's true. I may have called him a virgin but I didn't call him Hitler.

Julie
11-09-2010, 03:54 PM
This had a beautiful ending... And sometimes these little issues which might not seem important are.

Ryan was so brave and beautiful to come into a space which could have been hostile. I read the post late last night (after a bit of wine) and did not respond - just read and wrote Diva.

-------------------------------------------- Letter to Ryan

Ryan, thank you for taking the time and register and come in here... I know you will only see this posting through Diva, but I want you to know -- As a parent... I am so proud of you and as a human being, truly honored to share this planet with you. You will do great things with your life, because... You are one of the evolved people. You have such a gift for someone your age, and perhaps you can figure out a way to turn it into something really positive for kids. I work in Peace and Tolerance education with children ages 5 -19 (part of the UN) - Some children are carrying machine guns at the age of 8 and fighting. Ryan, if you ever want to create a game, which can be fun and exciting for these youth - please let me know. I would love to have you part of this. (though we are non-profit - so this is just for the good of humankind).

Again, thank you for being so brave and standing up!

Julie

-------------------------------------------------------------

(Please Diva make sure he get's my letter to him).

I heard from Tom (founder of the website) this morning (aussie morning here).

Another one of our children in the world, who grew up as an outsider in his school. Another great human being who gets it.

Seriously people - while some thought it would not make a difference -- It in fact has. We touched some lives and made people aware. That is a great thing.

So Happy Here and feeling oh so peaceful.

Love (feeling mushy too)

Julie

p.s. Organic - not sure who you were talking too... But you are my Son, so I will respond! You were right 2x's -- don't make it 3 or I will have to beat your ass. Kisses to you and your beautiful girl.

Julie
11-09-2010, 03:54 PM
That's true. I may have called him a virgin but I didn't call him Hitler.

LOL well I didn't either - I just posted Hitler's photo.

OMG... I feel so badly now.

DomnNC
11-09-2010, 11:03 PM
Kudos to you all, you did a wonderful thing 2x over!

Diva
11-09-2010, 11:57 PM
This had a beautiful ending... And sometimes these little issues which might not seem important are.

Ryan was so brave and beautiful to come into a space which could have been hostile. I read the post late last night (after a bit of wine) and did not respond - just read and wrote Diva.

-------------------------------------------- Letter to Ryan

Ryan, thank you for taking the time and register and come in here... I know you will only see this posting through Diva, but I want you to know -- As a parent... I am so proud of you and as a human being, truly honored to share this planet with you. You will do great things with your life, because... You are one of the evolved people. You have such a gift for someone your age, and perhaps you can figure out a way to turn it into something really positive for kids. I work in Peace and Tolerance education with children ages 5 -19 (part of the UN) - Some children are carrying machine guns at the age of 8 and fighting. Ryan, if you ever want to create a game, which can be fun and exciting for these youth - please let me know. I would love to have you part of this. (though we are non-profit - so this is just for the good of humankind).

Again, thank you for being so brave and standing up!

Julie

-------------------------------------------------------------

(Please Diva make sure he get's my letter to him).

Thank You, Julie.....
I have sent it on to him....have not heard back just yet.