PDA

View Full Version : sweethearts overrated?

daymaker
01-10-2011, 05:52 PM
Hey ladies,

Im not necessarily butch, but u'll never catch me in a skirt. I love all womyn, regardless of labels, and on top of that, its in my nature to be the "sweetheart" type. My question is if this type of person gets overlooked when on ur journey to find your right one? or is it simply undesired/turnoff? can i not wear the butch pants in the relationship and still bring u flowers(w)

tell me wassup

The_Lady_Snow
01-10-2011, 05:59 PM
Hey ladies,

Im not necessarily butch, but u'll never catch me in a skirt. I love all womyn, regardless of labels, and on top of that, its in my nature to be the "sweetheart" type. My question is if this type of person gets overlooked when on ur journey to find your right one? or is it simply undesired/turnoff? can i not wear the butch pants in the relationship and still bring u flowers(w)

tell me wassup

I bring Grant flowers in my butch pants:)... Heh sometimes with no pants at all;)

Welcome!!!!!

weatherboi
01-10-2011, 05:59 PM
Hey ladies,

tell me wassup

i am lucky...my Ms brings me flowers!!!

weatherboi
01-10-2011, 06:01 PM
I bring Grant flowers in my butch pants:)... Heh sometimes with no pants at all;)

Welcome!!!!!

see...i am lucky...i have a great Sir!!!

Nat
01-10-2011, 06:11 PM
Welcome to the site, daymaker. :)

I appreciate a sweet side if it's coupled with other stuff I also like. Flowers can be nice.

Before I met my current partner, I remember realizing that if I ended up in a new relationship I wanted it to be with somebody who is nurturing and kind and good to me. Up until then, sweetness didn't make the top 5 traits in what I was attracted to. I had to be in a place to want that, and now I have that and it's wonderful.

princessbelle
01-10-2011, 06:22 PM
http://dl.glitter-graphics.net/pub/651/651171i085p8my3i.gif (http://www.glitter-graphics.com)

Flowers are the bomb. I think it would be few and far between that wouldn't enjoy their fav flowers from their SO.

Have fun!!!!!!!!

ps didn't vote cause there isn't a button for BOTH yay!!!!!!

Julie
01-10-2011, 06:25 PM
I have to agree with The Princess on this one!

BOTH!

Though instead of flowers... I am still banking on that Canary Diamond :-)

Welcome Day Maker!

Jesse
01-10-2011, 06:30 PM
Welcome to the Planet daymaker!

torchiegirl
01-10-2011, 07:04 PM
welcome and enjoy

Blade
01-10-2011, 07:11 PM
I'm a sweetheart, but can be a bad boy as need be.

I'd never want my femme to send me flowers. After the swelling in my eyes went away and my inhaler rescued my lungs. I'd thank her to take them in the yard and never bring any more.

Welcome to the Planet Daymaker

Kobi
01-10-2011, 07:35 PM
Hey ladies,

tell me wassup

Welcome to the Planet daymaker.

I see from your profile, your occupation is to make my day.
To that end, I would like you here Wednesday evening.
Feel free to wear your butch pants, and bring flowers.
When you finish shoveling the driveway and walk, I will be happy
to make you dinner and introduce you to some flexible femme
type persons.

Just tell me you are not a teenager. :sunglass:

Soft*Silver
01-10-2011, 07:39 PM
Kobi...have you taken up a new profession?

Kobi
01-10-2011, 07:52 PM
Kobi...have you taken up a new profession?

LMAO nooooo. I am just tired of shoveling.
And I figure if day maker is willing to make my day,
it is only right that I make hers. :)

Daywalker
01-10-2011, 07:59 PM
One can be sweet, wear flowers in their hair ~ still wear the pants,
and still be a little not so nice at times.

:peacelove:

On that note, I do not need mah pants on to be in charge.
:farmer:

If that is indeed what you are referring to.
:thinking:

:daywalker:

tuffboi29
01-10-2011, 09:36 PM
Welcome to the planet bro! :)

tuffboi29
01-10-2011, 09:38 PM
i am lucky...my Ms brings me flowers!!!

see...i am lucky...i have a great Sir!!!

That just made me smile. Thanks. :balloon:

Gemme
01-10-2011, 10:28 PM
Flowers die. Bring me pictures of flowers instead. Or a painting. Or crafts so *I* can paint or draw or create some flowers.

What's wrong with being a sweet bad boi? :blink:

bigbutchmistie
01-10-2011, 10:50 PM
Hey ladies,

tell me wassup

Hello Daymaker :)

First off welcome to the site... I see your question about being overlooked when dating on one's journey to find their true love. My take on it is, everyone that walks away isnt the one for me... I am me. Pure and simple. Someone can take all of me or none of me... :) That being said, I cater to whom I am with. Love love love sending flowers making my lady feel special. But that being said, I'd love it if my girl bought me flowers or cooked dinner for me. Or just the special little things one does in a relationship.... Im not perfect by far. But I can say, Im not the bad boi type either... :) Im me. But as I stated above someone will take me as I am or they can watch me as I go :) Good luck on the site :)

Sweet_Amor_Taino
01-11-2011, 12:57 AM
Flowers die. Bring me pictures of flowers instead. Or a painting. Or crafts so *I* can paint or draw or create some flowers.

Gemme I agree with you.:goodscore:

I bring my honey flowers and candies but mostly Jewelry and silky night wear:thumbsup:things that last.

I am a loving attentive gentleman its innate in me BUT I am a bad bad boi also as I been told a sweetie with an edge:daddy:

Apocalipstic
01-11-2011, 03:13 PM
Hi there!

The older I get the more kind and sweet make my day and flowers? Yes please!

Butch is a very broad spectrum and looks do not make one Butch. You can look like the biggest badass who ever walked the earth and I probably will think that is hot but do something sweet for me and I will cry for joy....

TickledPink
01-13-2011, 09:44 PM
There was no choice for a Sweet, Daddy, Sadist, sometimes Bad Boi but always My hero button.

I love flowers too!

Bard
01-14-2011, 01:49 AM
Oh I am a bad BOI bastard cowboi and all just ask ... but I do have a soft side I try to hide it buy yes my girl who is a very good girl has gotten me flowers an it ain't hurt my butch side at all

now then Miss Lady Snow you got me thinking about her bringing me flowers in no pants

Jesse
01-14-2011, 02:42 AM
Definitely not enough choices on the poll.

Laerkin
01-14-2011, 05:48 AM
So the other night, SB and I were watching Ask the Experts on Oprah's new network. Dr. Oz was talking about the importance of sex from a health perspective (apparently having sex at least twice per week lengthens a person's life by 3 years). When Dr. Phil took over to discuss HOW to have sex twice a week when you're in a committed relationship, he started talking about how to seduce a woman.

He said, "You don't bring a woman flowers and chocolates and expect her to feel romantic and sexy. You do the dishes. You help out around the house. You take some of the stress out of her day."

SB was yelling at Dr. Phil to shut-up as I smirked and told him to get his ass in the kitchen to do some dishes. HAHAHA.

Joking aside, any act of thoughtfulness will generally win you some favor. For me, it's more important that someone be genuine, thoughtful, kind but with a sense of humor, a bit of a nasty streak, and a little something gritty - if that makes sense.

Judging from the previous responses, you'll be a hit with your flowers and your sweetness. Kobi's offer sounded like a great one. Hehe.

Welcome to the Planet, daymaker. :)

Hey ladies,

tell me wassup

girl_dee
01-14-2011, 06:58 AM
I don't see flowers as being sweet but rather as being thoughtful. Doing thoughtful things is a sign of strength not weakness.

My BadBoiSadisticWickedthinkingDevilHerselfSyr can bring me flowers (and has!) and keep Her butch card at all times.

Butch is user defined.

I also think confidence is very attractive. Find out who you are, walk that walk and be unapologetic about it and that is what works for me. Being something you are NOT soon fails short and leaves everyone feeling empty.

cinderella
01-14-2011, 10:29 AM
I love it when a guy brings me flowers - I love flowers. I prefer those with woody stems - you can dry them, and they'll last forever...:)

bright_arrow
01-14-2011, 02:55 PM
I've given my butch flowers on more than one occasion. Get-well yellow roses, I love you red roses, everything-will-be-okay roses, I'm-sorry roses (becauses roses are hys favorite)

Sam
01-14-2011, 03:02 PM
Hey Day, welcome and enjoy the Planet.

bigbutchmistie
01-14-2011, 03:05 PM
I've given my butch flowers on more than one occasion. Get-well yellow roses, I love you red roses, everything-will-be-okay roses, I'm-sorry roses (becauses roses are hys favorite)

Awww that's sweet :)

ravfem
01-15-2011, 02:11 PM
i wanted to check "both" too....

Being honest here, i don't want to give my partner(s) flowers, but i'd love to get flowers from them.

And, if they told me they loved receiving flowers, i'd do it then because it'd probably get me a hug and a "you're a good girl".

Never said i was altruistic *shrug*

:welcome: daymaker!

Passionaria
01-16-2011, 02:54 PM
I'm not sure how we are defining sweet, maybe kind and thoughtful? To that I will always say yes. I am drawn to tenderness, and the ability to express and respect the realm of emotions and feelings in a partner. That engenders passion and trust. I also enjoy someone with an edge, not a cruel edge, but a very naughty edge. Part of being naughty to me is being "sexy", the emotional ability to express your sexuality. Tender, sexy and naughty, gets my attention!

:vigil: Pashi

CeriseNin
01-17-2011, 08:05 AM
Receiving flowers leaves me feeling: meh

I like bad bois. I like bad bois who can be romantic sweethearts. Getting me flowers isn't a romantic or sweetheart gesture; it's a generic one. But that's my personal feelings and doesn't make it any less sweet and romantic for others. To each their own.

bright_arrow
01-17-2011, 05:44 PM
Awww that's sweet :)

thank you :)

cinderella
01-17-2011, 06:08 PM
Ok, I'm the 'odd man out' here, but I don't mind at all. My guy and I have a true 'stone' relationship.

We've been communicating for months now, but have not met in real time (soon to be corrected) yet. We have a very strong cultural, ethnic background connection, not to mention age, plus other 'extra curricular' activities', lol. So far, so good. We shall see, what we shall see...

Keeping my fingers crossed that this will be a successful union.

Rook
01-19-2011, 07:44 PM
If I give flowers, they're potted, alive, they would be semi-functional, something to entertain and...sometimes..wow the Colleagues, maybe have somethin to grin about at coffee break before comin' Home and thinkin of "thousand ways to say thanks"....
I can be sweet...And bad, evil...Wicked..Devious....etc etc etc....
I think I can describe in detail how I felt when I received my own FTD....
let's see...
Stunned...
Caught offguard....
Deer in headlight glance at delivery guy....
Randomly sitting at table staring, poking, sniffing...
and finally, grinning...
It doesn't demean, diminish or feminize in any way...
It's actually nice...
Makes for a pleasant anecdote, and it says the Sender was thinkin of u, also figured you'd like it.
And, it doesn't hafta be flowers..Plenty of other ways if there's distance...
I do agree on the Pictures, crafts etc...
Lasts longer..
As does "dry flowers"{I have a flower carefully tucked neatly in a favorite Book}
Maybe a collection of mutually enjoyed Mp3/CD...

and yeah, I probably would've muted Dr. Phil ...:seeingstars:
But, then, I do enjoy doing my part to make the Day go smoother.
My hands r not gonna shrivel and fall off if I do the dinner dishes.

Welcome to the Planet !!

:mohawk:

scootebaby
01-25-2011, 05:48 PM
i didnt choose either because i am actually a sweetheart with a HUGEdose of asshole!