PDA

View Full Version : Valentines day help?

Brewcityboi
02-03-2011, 10:25 PM
it's been 5 years since i've been in love. Its also the first time in 5 years since i've had a valentine. The girl im in love with now is a super fem. I've never dated a fem for more then maybe a month and i was never in a relationship with them. What do fems usually like? Does anyone have any ideas to give her a v-day she'll never forget? Can anyone help a clueless boi?

betenoire
02-03-2011, 10:28 PM
Well, since every Femme is different I can't really answer that question.

But if you were buying me a gift I'd say go with pearls.

The_Lady_Snow
02-03-2011, 10:30 PM
Does she have any tools?

How about a tool box, with a gift certificate for a Spa?

Brewcityboi
02-03-2011, 10:52 PM
she loves shoes and victorias secret (there is a god!). its too early in the relationship for pearls and im a broke college student. :) thats what i have to work with lol

betenoire
02-03-2011, 10:56 PM
if it's fairly early in the relationship do not buy her lingerie. That's really inappropriate.

Surely she has actual interests? Hobbies? Likes and dislikes?

moxie
02-03-2011, 10:57 PM
she loves shoes and victorias secret (there is a god!). its too early in the relationship for pearls and im a broke college student. :) thats what i have to work with lol

You could cook for her. And/or give her a gift that doesn't have to be extravagant, but shows that you pay attention to what she says.

Brewcityboi
02-03-2011, 11:05 PM
shes crazy obsessed with opera. maybe i could do something like that. the cooking thing is a great idea. :O i could make her a big giant cookie that says i love you, or is that too cheesy?

moxie
02-03-2011, 11:07 PM
shes crazy obsessed with opera. maybe i could do something like that. the cooking thing is a great idea. :O i could make her a big giant cookie that says i love you, or is that too cheesy?

That would be sweet...if she likes cookies! :)

sharkchomp
02-03-2011, 11:18 PM
It really depends on her likes. Since you're on a budget and you're relationship is fairly new I'd suggest a homemade dinner. It doesn't have to 5 star but a meal of her fav's. Another thought is a coupon book of things you will do for her... like 5 massages, 5 foot rubs, 5 bubble baths. Well just some thoughts. Good luck and don't beat yourself up over being on a budget.

~~~shark~~~~~~~~

Soft*Silver
02-03-2011, 11:25 PM
Valentines Day is really overhyped. You arent suppose to make a mockery out of love. To go all out for a relationship that has just started leaves nothing for it to grow into OR it makes everything from here on in have to be bigger and grander. Love isnt suppose to be measured that way. Love isnt suppose to develop that way. Its not built on promotional holidays. Its built on where the two of you are. So where are you two in your relationship? Thats how you gauge what to get her...

a beautiful card, some pretty nail polish, an opera poster you found in an antique store for $5 ...combined with a nice simple spagetti dinner you make, watching Phatom of the the Opera on your set after, enjoying your special cookie together during...in candlelight...

so much better than the "perfect" first valentines gift. Relax...enjoy it...make it what it is, between the two of you...

Jesse
02-04-2011, 12:15 AM
Spend some special time with her...perhaps a romantic picnic?

ravfem
02-04-2011, 12:30 AM
Maybe one-on-one attention...take her away for the day...to the forest or a park in a neighboring city. Walk and sit and walk more. Look for fae gardens (oops, that was projecting a little too much me :) ).

If weather wont let y'all be outside, maybe a museum or a window shopping spree. A bookstore or music store where y'all can share favorites - new & old.

Sit & have coffee (or whatever) and ask her all kinds of open-ended questions about her - what she loves, what makes her happy, what would she do with $10 million?

People watch & make up stories about those people y'all find interesting. Touch her often, softly, quietly. Or loudly....

i should stop now.

Have fun!

:goodluck:

Soft*Silver
02-04-2011, 12:52 AM
If weather wont let y'all be outside, maybe a museum or a window shopping spree. A bookstore or music store where y'all can share favorites - new & old.
:

see...for me....this would be the best valentine day of all...a trip to the museum and then at the end, a visit to the bookstore, where we would admire the trinkets until my suitor would watch until my eyes would light up and their hand would grab it out of mine and head to the counter...a $10 box of greeting cards with my favorite artist's work on the front! Wonderful! I would cherish them! and the day and most of all, my date!

apretty
02-04-2011, 01:30 AM
a mixed tape
good chocolates (artisan truffles from here: yum (http://www.eclipsechocolat.com/truffles.html))
perfume
flowers
gift certificate for a spa/massage
if you can cook, a home cooked meal (pasta puttanesca link: recipe (http://dinersjournal.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/01/15/recipe-of-the-day-pasta-puttanesca/))
a picnic
a vintage apron
a foreign film with lots of sex but make sure you apologize for not realizing that it was going to be as explicit and ask her if she'd rather leave, at about 45 minutes in.

good luck <3

Chancie
02-04-2011, 05:38 AM
I love presents that will remind me of my beau's thoughtfulness long after the holiday has passed.

Among other things, Pete has given me a Russian Sage for my garden, a gift certificate for a local curtain store, and 500 pencils with the number pi to the fiftieth digit. She knows I like presents that will last, as opposed to cut flowers, for example.

Sometimes we wake up and Pete says, Let's go to Putney, or Keene, and off we go. We have uninterrupted time to talk in the car, and we eat a meal somewhere different, not necessarily expensive, and it feels like a very short vacation.

JustJo
02-04-2011, 08:42 AM
I'm a big sap....so, that sways my opinions, but...

I think Valentine's Day and anniversaries are important....more important than the holidays like Christmas when you gift everyone. These two are about you as a couple.

Because of that, I'd say go with something that is signficant not to you, not to her...but to the relationship you have.

Clear as mud, right?

I mean....when Scoote and I first started together, the beach became a focal point for us. It's where we spent our best time, where we walked, laughed, relaxed. It was (and is) our place.

So, for our first anniversay, I got her a tide clock...it shows how many hours until low tide (the best shell hunting, and when we always want to be at the beach). It's not "romantic" to anyone else...but it fit for us.

So....what's your place? Or your activity? What do the two of you do that makes you smile and laugh and feel really together? I'd say think of that (whatever it is) and get her or make her something that celebrates those moments.

:rrose:

The_Lady_Snow
02-04-2011, 09:24 AM
You could blind fold her and spank her:)

Then bathe & lotion her!

suebee
02-04-2011, 09:25 AM
Inexpensive just means you have to be more creative. Give her something - or a series of things - that shows what you know about her. Her favorite colour, food, music (you've got that one covered), clothing (used clothing stores are GREAT!), candy, place.....the possibilities are endless. Make it a challenge to spend little or no money on gifts. It forces you to work at it, and you can usually come up with a much more personal gift for your efforts. And added plus: this early in the relationship it can be tricky knowing how much money spent on a gift is enough or too much. You completely eliminate that little problem.
My favorite gifts I've given and received have mostly been things that cost little or no money.
Have fun!

Sue :floatbee:

The_Lady_Snow
02-04-2011, 09:57 AM
Is this a vanilla or kink relationship?

Rope
02-06-2011, 01:38 PM
I love Valentine's Day--it's just ONE MORE DAY to say I love you or I am thinking about you. When people complain about the over hyped holiday, I think so don't give Valentine's that are store bought, don't buy roses or chocolates, in fact, don't participate no one is making you do it.

It does help to know a persons likes and dislikes to decide on what to give them but really, the simpler the better in my opinion but then again, some people like the huge fuss. So it's really up to you and what you know about your femme.

I too like practical presents and I don't like being embarassed at work with some showy thing. I'm a butch that doesn't like receiving flowers.

Rope--

Guy
02-06-2011, 02:07 PM
http://cache.gifts.com/photos/Z/X/X/Q/ZXXQND7R4LMEDEEK9VW9_L.jpg (javascript: externalPop('/search/offer_click/noheaders?click=E423123DC3A1C94A0275692FBEDF2579E6 3C018A0ADAF05C6C855D350FA1A59A&ideaID=15566&clickPage=Product+Page&numOffers=0&numProducts=1&featuredProdDisplayed=1&clickLink=CTM - PP - Image');)

The World's Largest Gummy Worm is 128 times more massive than a traditional gummy worm. Measuring twenty-six inches long and weighing in at approximately 3 pounds, the World's Largest Gummy Worm is the most delicious 4,000-calorie candy worm in existence. Each World's Largest Gummy Worm features dual flavors, a ribbed body, and a five inch girth. It makes an amazing gift for now or later.

The_Lady_Snow
02-06-2011, 02:10 PM
http://cache.gifts.com/photos/Z/X/X/Q/ZXXQND7R4LMEDEEK9VW9_L.jpg (http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:%20externalPop%28%27/search/offer_click/noheaders?click=E423123DC3A1C94A0275692FBEDF2579E6 3C018A0ADAF05C6C855D350FA1A59A&ideaID=15566&clickPage=Product+Page&numOffers=0&numProducts=1&featuredProdDisplayed=1&clickLink=CTM%20-%20PP%20-%20Image%27%29;)

The World's Largest Gummy Worm is 128 times more massive than a traditional gummy worm. Measuring twenty-six inches long and weighing in at approximately 3 pounds, the World's Largest Gummy Worm is the most delicious 4,000-calorie candy worm in existence. Each World's Largest Gummy Worm features dual flavors, a ribbed body, and a five inch girth. It makes an amazing gift for now or later.

ribbed body, and a large girth.

:|

Rope
02-06-2011, 03:32 PM
Yeah some like those ribbed condoms....I mean...

The_Lady_Snow
02-06-2011, 03:47 PM
Yeah some like those ribbed condoms....I mean...

They tickle

*giggle*

princessbelle
02-06-2011, 04:42 PM
I would suggest something from the heart of course and this doesn't have to cost a cent or very little.

Write:

a poem about her.

a song to her.

a story involving her.

Draw her a bath, light candles and take her in there, undress her, and leave her there alone to enjoy. This says it is about "her".

Play romantic music. Dance with her. Make her a card with glitter and bows. Rent a move...like say, "Sleepless in Seattle". Cuddle, drink a glass of wine.....and don't forget to laugh.

Kobi
02-09-2011, 08:17 PM
Is anyone, besides me, thinking if I brought home Jack's
functional and practical emergency bra and Guy's 4000
calorie double headed dildo gummie worm, there would
be new meaning to doghouse and sleeping on the couch?
:sunglass:

The_Lady_Snow
02-09-2011, 08:34 PM
Nice bra!!!!

Gemme
02-09-2011, 08:34 PM
see...for me....this would be the best valentine day of all...a trip to the museum and then at the end, a visit to the bookstore, where we would admire the trinkets until my suitor would watch until my eyes would light up and their hand would grab it out of mine and head to the counter...a $10 box of greeting cards with my favorite artist's work on the front! Wonderful! I would cherish them! and the day and most of all, my date!

I have a Pooh bear that I came to own in a manner similar to this. We were browsing an antique store after a lovely dinner out and I saw it and it was soooo adorable. I think of her fondly when I hold the bear. It's a good memory. :)

Random
02-12-2011, 07:14 AM
So broke college student...

hmmm...

which is her favorite opera?

I say...

get the keys to her apt

clean the heck out of it

make her fav dinner

have her favorite opera playing or check the dvd out at the library and watch it together...

take a picture of yourself, print it out and put it in a frame... maybe with a coupon from you to do something incredibly sweet for her... (or something she likes but doesn't get very often)

If you think about her, then you will know what to do for her... Don't think so much about what to buy, but what makes her eyes light up and her face get soft...

If you think about it, it will come...