PDA

View Full Version : NEW APP on IPHONE

FR
03-17-2011, 04:52 PM
-hey folks apples having a new app on its phone from exodus international the people who "cure" homosexuality. send a message to apple or on change.org(yes register and look under gay petitions). stop the insanity!

rainintothesea
03-17-2011, 05:04 PM
Let me do you one better:

sjobs@apple.com

No objectionable content? From the organization whose board member helped encourage murder, corrective rape and hatred against LGBTQ people in Uganda with his hateful rhetoric?? Bullshit. Email Steve. When he's not checking it, Executive Customer Relations is.

I have to hope this is a temporary, regrettable oversight from a company who so publicly donated to fight Prop 8 in their home state.

EDIT: So Exodus International now is totally sorry that they supported the Kill the Homosexuals Bill in Uganda. For the record. But they still oppose LGBTQ-focused anti-bullying measures right here at home.

LBgirl
03-17-2011, 05:41 PM
On Thu, Mar 17, 2011 at 4:39 PM, <LBGirl> wrote:
I find the app by Exodus international to be extremely objectionable. Would you allow the KKK, anti-semitic groups and other hate groups to have an app that promotes their cause? How many LGBT customers is Apple willing to lose? (Please note the collective earning power and much higher than average expendable income of the gay community.)

My contract with ATT is up and I'm not opposed to switching phones and carriers. Please remove this app immediately.

(Real name removed)

CherylNYC
03-17-2011, 08:36 PM
Signed the petition. Sent a letter.

rainintothesea
03-23-2011, 10:51 PM
The app has been pulled; it is no longer available on the app store. The only comment that was made was that it offended app store community standards by being offensive to a large amount of people, or something along those lines.

I have written to Apple to thank them for removing the app, but also to encourage them to make a statement, take a stand the way they did when they stood up against Prop 8. In any case, though, the app is no more.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/03/23/apple-exodus-international-app_n_839448.html

Stud_puppy1991
05-23-2011, 07:20 PM
what a load of bull.

Starrynightaw
06-13-2011, 11:23 AM
That is crazy. I'm a die hard apple fan... but this makes me question it.