PDA

View Full Version : storm damage

Kenna
04-05-2011, 03:16 AM
Blade just called to say there are power lines down over several major highways and standing water in places where its hard to see. If you are heading out, please be careful!!!!! Thank goodness for cell phones and flashlights!! BE SAFE!!!

Miss Scarlett
04-05-2011, 04:14 AM
Blade just called to say there are power lines down over several major highways and standing water in places where its hard to see. If you are heading out, please be careful!!!!! Thank goodness for cell phones and flashlights!! BE SAFE!!!

Thanks Punkin' - this is going to be an interesting drive for sure! Looks like every route available to me out of town to Concord is blocked in one fashion or another. Guess i'll be leaving early and arriving late. From the way things sound Cabarrus County is a mess. (Sticking my phone on the charger...)

We really got nailed over here on my side of Charlotte. How is everything out your way?

Lighting candles of protection for everyone in the path of this storm.:vigil:

Kenna
04-05-2011, 04:22 AM
Mecklenburg. Union and Anson got/are getting slammed. Duke power noted 200,000 without power. Ours went out 2 hours ago. I can't find clear route to work on news/traffic site. Called in to say I will wait till daylight. HEAVY WINDS!! BE CAREFUL!! ...... lucky u, I can't charge phone or take shower. KEEP YOUR EMERGENCY KITS HANDY!!

Miss Scarlett
04-05-2011, 04:34 AM
Mecklenburg. Union and Anson got/are getting slammed. Duke power noted 200,000 without power. Ours went out 2 hours ago. I can't find clear route to work on news/traffic site. Called in to say I will wait till daylight. HEAVY WINDS!! BE CAREFUL!! ...... lucky u, I can't charge phone or take shower. KEEP YOUR EMERGENCY KITS HANDY!!

It's crazy - the TV news says go to their web site for traffic updates...try to navigate that! i dare you! Heck, i double dog dare you!

So frustrating!

Blade
04-05-2011, 02:00 PM
Yes it was an ugly ride to work. Power line was down on HWY 200 north and at the intersection of 74 and 200. A tree was across our road on the other end. I didn't have any trouble going to work. Oddly enough I slept threw the whole storm until I got up to get ready for work and the power went off. LOL

Funny thing was I got up and went potty, then asked Sweet did she have her alarm set. Then I said did it ever storm last night? She said yes it's storming right now....then crack snapple pop and the power was out. :|

girl_dee
04-05-2011, 02:09 PM
my family in New Orleans got hit hard... power outages and major hail.

sheesh

wolfbittenpoet
04-05-2011, 02:14 PM
My brother was still cleaning up from thursday so was I. It rained more and nasty wind this morning. The last of tree that took greenhouse went down. As did the greenhouse itself.

DomnNC
04-05-2011, 02:20 PM
I got woke up at 2:30am by a 60 pound baby laying shivering on top of me. I was trying to breathe and laugh at the same time, then here come the 20 pound one just a shivering too, he was pacing all around the house til he sawwwww, Daddy's awake!!!!! yippee!!!! Finally I had to put them in their kennels, which oddly enough, is where I think they wanted to be in the first place cuz they ran right in, lil shits, see if I'm nice next time there's a storm brewing. Damage wise - all it did was blow a few old limbs out of a few trees and blow my flag pole out of the bracket. I know the area was hard hit and we were lucky down here in southern Union County. My heart goes out to those who lost homes due to large trees coming down on them and the injured.

morningstar55
04-05-2011, 02:32 PM
wow........ just now reading all this ....... glad you all are safe and sound.
miss scarlett .. please stay safe out there.........
and Blade......

Kenna
04-05-2011, 07:49 PM
So happy to see all my friends and family made it through safe... things/items/cars can be replaced, but friends and family can not....

Miss Scarlett
04-05-2011, 07:53 PM
So happy to see all my friends and family made it through safe... things/items/cars can be replaced, but friends and family can not....

Amen Sis!

Interesting drive home - the traffic lights that were out this morning were still out this evening. Fortunately the one up at University that was literally hanging by a single wire had been repaired.

DomnNC
04-05-2011, 07:56 PM

You're so right about that!

Blade
04-10-2011, 09:14 AM
Peeps out........is everyone alright again......I missed the storm last night was above Concord, but could hear the rumbles from inside the mall, and watched the news and saw the damages. Ahhhhhhhhhhh spring time in the south!

Miss Scarlett
04-10-2011, 09:18 AM
Peeps out........is everyone alright again......I missed the storm last night was above Concord, but could hear the rumbles from inside the mall, and watched the news and saw the damages. Ahhhhhhhhhhh spring time in the south!

Oh but it was soooo much fun - NOT....i drove home during the early part of it...poor Barbie was tossed all over by the wind...the lightning was unbelieveable! i know better and should have gotten my sparkly tail home before the storms... :innocent:

Kenna
04-10-2011, 09:31 AM

You forgot....another storm hit over our heads when you were getting ready for bed... remember? I made you fill a bucket of water so we could flush toilets if the power went out again.

I hope all our peeps are safe, dry and cozy....I worry so for everyone.

Blade
04-10-2011, 09:42 AM
You forgot....another storm hit over our heads when you were getting ready for bed... remember? I made you fill a bucket of water so we could flush toilets if the power went out again.

oh yes, I will never again forget to fill up a bucket of water for toilet flushing again.........shakes head while walking off mumbling something about shittin in the woods, and bears and squirrels and

Miss Scarlett
04-10-2011, 09:50 AM

oh yes, I will never again forget to fill up a bucket of water for toilet flushing again.........shakes head while walking off mumbling something about shittin in the woods, and bears and squirrels and

Ummmm...Blade...flushing is very important to ladies...and for doing certain things out in the woods...when Mother Nature gets indoor plumbing...well, you know how i feel about that...

Kenna
04-16-2011, 06:57 AM
Listening to the news this morning.... and sitting here watching the storm roll our way.... I'm worried about all our friends again. :vigil: :vigil:
Hope everyone is safe?

The news made me so sad. Especially about that poor father with his baby daughter and mother with her young son. It breaks my heart to see the old man cry as he told the news he'd lost the home he lived in for 40 years.

All our BFP Family are in my thoughts and heart.

Blade
04-16-2011, 08:46 PM
While at Griswold's today we learned that the roof was ripped off of the building at the fair grounds and it looked like a road trailer on the grounds was flipped, they say it was a tornado. If it was and I believe it was, it skipped all the businesses from the fair grounds out to the highway and bounced around in the Lowes parking lot and distroyed all but 2 of the little buildings in the parking lot then it jumped out in the county and tore the roof off of some poultry houses.

Miss Scarlett
04-16-2011, 08:50 PM
While at Griswold's today we learned that the roof was ripped off of the building at the fair grounds and it looked like a road trailer on the grounds was flipped, they say it was a tornado. If it was and I believe it was, it skipped all the businesses from the fair grounds out to the highway and bounced around in the Lowes parking lot and distroyed all but 2 of the little buildings in the parking lot then it jumped out in the county and tore the roof off of some poultry houses.

But y'all are OK out there tonight?

Blade
04-25-2011, 06:48 PM
Is everyone in Arkansas and the Memphis area alright? The radar shows a huge ugly storm over that way. I'll bet some of you are out of power. Hope you all are ok, let us hear from ya.

Tommi
04-25-2011, 07:05 PM
Posting from my phone- we are fine. Although we have taken cover a few times in the walk in closet. I think it's gonna be a long night.

I know you are well prepared and all, so that's a good thing. Thinking of ya as I watch the news

and people wonder why I live in earthquake country. One quick shimmy shaking quaking and it's over , for a few years, anyway..:cigar2:

Blade
04-25-2011, 07:09 PM
Posting from my phone- we are fine. Although we have taken cover a few times in the walk in closet. I think it's gonna be a long night.

I think you are right, cuz it sure looks ugly on the radar.

Blade
04-25-2011, 07:38 PM
N Little Rock declared state of emergency. Several tornados reported. Stay in the closet Jack

They are saying the high winds and stuff are moving on toward Memphis:praying:

Jesse
04-25-2011, 07:55 PM
Little Rock and the rest of Arkansas are getting it bad! I hope everyone stays safe.

DomnNC
04-25-2011, 07:57 PM

I hope you and Medusa will be safe during the night, will keep ya'll in my thoughts and prayers.

DomnNC
04-25-2011, 07:58 PM
Move to Oregon, I said. But NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

We don't have The Tornadoes and Humidity here.

I hope you and yours stay safe during the night June, will keep ya'll in my thoughts and prayers.

Oiler41
04-25-2011, 08:04 PM

Looking at the radar, the worst of it is past you now; Still some heavy rain, but the line with the yellow/red storm indications is East of Little Rock now. A few more hours of heavy rain to go. Hang in there!

Glynn

Corkey
04-25-2011, 08:05 PM
I never thought I'd see anyone tell Jack to stay in the closet...but I haveta' agree.

Medusa
04-25-2011, 08:55 PM
The whole state is torn up. A city 3 miles south of us was completely leveled. Please send positive thoughts to the families who are without power or with damaged homes tonIght. :(

blush
04-25-2011, 09:01 PM
The whole state is torn up. A city 3 miles south of us was completely leveled. Please send positive thoughts to the families who are without power or with damaged homes tonIght. :(

That's awful news about the tornadoes. We'll keep Arkansas in our thoughts. Very glad to hear you're ok!

DomnNC
04-25-2011, 09:16 PM

Will do, glad to hear you guys are ok and safe.

princessbelle
04-26-2011, 07:44 AM
Wow wow....

This storm cell is unreal. I was so glad to come to this thread and see at least some of the people posting and they are ok.

Jack and Medusa can you make it mandatory that people let us know they are ok? LOL just kidding but gosh it's hard not knowing if our folks are alright. I hope more that are in the storm, yesterdays and today's, will come in and say...I'm ok!!!!

Sweet, ty for making this thread...you are precious and it's wonderful!!!!

Knoxville got hit with a strange "fast storm" yesterday afternoon. It was fine outside one second...the next it was black as night, trees laying over, hail, scarier than i could have imagined.

Tons of trees down and debris everywhere. I really thought it was a tornado and am shocked it wasn't. I was without power from 2 yesterday afternoon until just about 30 minutes ago. There are still 40,000 without power here and they say problems with most traffic lights not working.

Still, nothing compared to what Arkansas got....my heart and prayers to all of you all there and the rest of the nation that is in the "red zone". Still more coming i see on tv.

Grab something and hang on tight!!!!!

ps. I should have listened to Jack and others on another thread about preparing for such things. I couldn't find my flashlight last night and just had a couple of small candles. First thing this morning i went to the store and stocked up. It IS important to be prepared

Medusa
04-26-2011, 08:59 AM
It's daylight here and we are all finally able to see the damage.

Several people were killed and injured last night. Lots of homes destroyed and the town of Vilonia was almost completely leveled. We have another round of storms heading this way today but hopefully it will not get further north than projected or the same towns are going to get hit again.

Anyone wishing to donate can text 90999 to the Red Cross and it will send an automatic $10 donation to them through your cell bill.

There are a few of us going over on our lunch breaks to deliver water and supplies to those residents. All schools closed, several businesses closed. Roads are barely passable down there.

Please be sending positive thoughts, or if you pray, pray hard for the families who are digging out from the devastation.

Much love to all. xo

Dreams
04-26-2011, 09:21 AM
anyone heard from wolfy?..:phonegab:... i'm glad to hear all in the line of fire are ok..

Medusa
04-26-2011, 09:28 AM
anyone heard from wolfy?..:phonegab:... i'm glad to hear all in the line of fire are ok..

I don't think Wolfy's area in Oklahoma had any storms that were damaging. I'll text!

DamonK
04-26-2011, 09:32 AM
We're about 4 hrs north of LR.

There were several tornadoes in close by towns.

We haven't been hit bad.

Flooding is a bitch though.

We get a break today, hopefully. Supposedly. Then it storms some more.

Thoughts out to everyone who got hit

Jesse
04-26-2011, 09:32 AM
Just saw on the Weather Channel where the levee in Poplar Bluff just breached.

My thoughts and prayers to everyone affected by these storms as well as the fires in the west.

Medusa
04-26-2011, 09:37 AM
We're about 4 hrs north of LR.

There were several tornadoes in close by towns.

We haven't been hit bad.

Flooding is a bitch though.

We get a break today, hopefully. Supposedly. Then it storms some more.

Thoughts out to everyone who got hit

Be safe up there! More storms coming tonight :(

Medusa
04-26-2011, 09:38 AM
Just saw on the Weather Channel where the levee in Poplar Bluff just breached.

My thoughts and prayers to everyone affected by these storms as well as the fires in the west.

Oh damn. They were supposed to be evacuated already and hopefully nobody stayed behind.

DamonK
04-26-2011, 09:41 AM
Be safe up there! More storms coming tonight :(

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Where would I put more rain?!

I think it ended up we had 7 - 8 in over 3 days.

Not nearly as bad as others, but bad enough.

Driving home after work night before last was... well... lets just say, I discovered exactly how flooded everything was.

Dreams
04-26-2011, 09:47 AM
I don't think Wolfy's area in Oklahoma had any storms that were damaging. I'll text!

please do..thank you!!

Jesse
04-26-2011, 10:24 AM
The opposite side breached this time, so many were still in their homes. They are trying to rescue folks now.

Oh damn. They were supposed to be evacuated already and hopefully nobody stayed behind.

Diva
04-26-2011, 10:37 AM
Y'all be safe over there!

Medusa
04-26-2011, 10:40 AM
Wolfy just checked in - She's safe!

Dreams
04-26-2011, 11:04 AM
Wolfy just checked in - She's safe!

thank you sooo much!...

Cowboi
04-26-2011, 05:23 PM
I talked to Casey this afternoon. She and Tammy had some damage, but they are ok.

moxie
04-26-2011, 07:10 PM
There are currently tornadoes all over KY, some with softball-sized hail. And the worst storms coming through overnight. :|

Flooding all over the state. Governor declared a State of Emergency for the whole state on Sunday. Ohio River has been above flood stage since January and they are evacuating so many places along the river. Quite a bit of downtown Louisville by the river is flooded. Rain is to continue through Wednesday night, stop for two days and start again.

Be careful everyone. People are driving through flooded areas thinking it's hardly anything and getting swept away.

Cowboi
04-26-2011, 08:33 PM
Here we go... I live in north Louisiana. Just issued, a severe thunderstorm warning for our area, with strong winds and large hail. Possible tornados. Guess me and Scout will be ready to tuck and cover.

justkim
04-26-2011, 08:36 PM
Be safe everyone! Try to check in as often as possible please and thank you.

Blade
04-26-2011, 08:42 PM
Radar looks like Nashville is fixing to get into the big storm. In all of the excitement with Arkansas last night I didn't realize until this morning that Texas was getting hammered too.

Cowboi
04-26-2011, 09:00 PM
Tornado warning now....gonna go for now.

justkim
04-26-2011, 09:01 PM
Be safe...

Tornado warning now....gonna go for now.

Rockinonahigh
04-26-2011, 10:03 PM
Its 11:pm hear,Shreveport has been getting the worst storms we have had in a long while.The wind is suposed to be 21mph but looks like more from the swaying of the trees,the streets are totaly flooded ..I am glad we are on a hill.We have been haveing tornado warnings all night.Im going back to bed in a fue..still storming but sounds far away.night folks pls be safe where ever you are.

socialjustice_fsu
04-26-2011, 10:38 PM
It means a lot to me when folks that are about to be in harms way come online - even for just a minute -to say they are okay, etc. It is such a peaceful feeling to know our 'family' is okay because if they are not I have no doubt this site would step up to the plate to insure their safety and well-being. Those of you being affected by this crazy climate rest assured you are being thought of and prayed for until the storms pass.

Jesse
04-27-2011, 04:09 PM
How's everyone faring through today's storms?

Legendryder
04-27-2011, 04:17 PM
I'm sitting here, wondering if it is going to hit here or not. Been watching the radar, and it seems to be headed this way. So, I will wait and see what happens.

moxie
04-27-2011, 04:22 PM
It stopped raining for about an hour today here in Louisville, during lunchtime, and the sun came out. For an hour.

Supposed to get at least 4 inches of rain today, which we definitely don't need. More stuff is getting flooded, more evacuations in the Kentuckiana (Kentucky/Southern IN) area because of various rivers, including the Ohio, being way over flood stage.

Another big storm going to pass through tonight. Storm is currently in St Louis/Southern IL. We're under a tornado watch until 1am. Storm is moving NE.

This is supposed to be the end of the storms for 2 days. Then more rain for two days.

Bleah.

Blade
04-27-2011, 04:29 PM
Alabama and Mid and East TN seem to be getting slammed today. Everyone stay safe. Keep an eye to the sky. We are suppose to be getting it in the wee hours or the morning tonight and during a.m. travel time

Jesse
04-27-2011, 04:49 PM
A large tornado just rolled through Tuscaloosa. It was very angry looking. They are saying this could be a record making storm as far as the number of tornadoes spotted. Thus far, over 600 reports but they still have to sort out how many are repeats of the same tornado being reported.

justkim
04-27-2011, 05:03 PM
Haven't heard from any of the Tennessee crowd... how about Arkansas? Sending you all storm be gone juju... stay safe and check in when you can. Even if it is only a phone call to someone who can post they heard from you.

Jesse
04-27-2011, 05:21 PM
According to the weather channel, the worst of the storms seem to be to the south of Nashville. I hope everyone checks in soon though.

Haven't heard from any of the Tennessee crowd... how about Arkansas? Sending you all storm be gone juju... stay safe and check in when you can. Even if it is only a phone call to someone who can post they heard from you.

Corkey
04-27-2011, 06:46 PM
Hope y'all duck and get through this latest set of storms.

The_Lady_Snow
04-27-2011, 06:55 PM
Alabama is getting slammed, phone service is iffy.

SnackTime
04-27-2011, 07:27 PM
I am a little northeast of Nashville. There are some reports of damage in the county I live in, but they were from the EARLY morning storms (will know more tomorrow if it was just straight winds or a tornado). Of course, I slept right through them (happens when you stay up until 2 AM watching other storms).

I feel bad for southern Middle Tennessee, because they were getting slammed one right after the other. I know one area Huntsland, TN area (most southern part bordered up to Alabama) got hit four times within a 45 minutes span

In other news, I have been in contact with princessbelle all day today. They have been getting slammed. I just got a text from her a few minutes go and she says that it is bad there. She says that her phone is not working too well right now. I am grateful that she does have a basement!

Cowboi
04-27-2011, 07:41 PM
Hey everybody. Finally got electricity back. Power went out about 10:25 last night., and was restored about 5 hours ago looks like. I had no power, or water this morning. Monroe had major flooding, some wind damage. The airport here had winds of 82 miles an hour. I dont live far at all from the airport. Some tornados in surrounding areas. It was a long night. I think I slept about 2 hours. Im so ready for a shower and sleep!!

Hope everyone is safe, and for the ones that are in harms way tonight, be safe and be ready to tuck and cover.

miss entycing
04-27-2011, 09:22 PM
looks like they're headed my way too, here in upstate sc.
they've extended our tornado warning until 5am.
currently i have winds about 35 mph, and getting stronger.
gonna be a long night.
be safe everybody.
:candle:

justkim
04-28-2011, 07:39 AM
Morning! Just watched the news here and I am concerned for those in the path of the ugly storms blowing through the south and eastern states. Here's to hoping we hear from any of you soon. Stay safe!

princessbelle
04-28-2011, 07:43 AM
All is ok here on the East side of Tennessee. Positive light and safety angels sent to those on the East side of the Country today. Red zone is not our friend.

Legendryder
04-28-2011, 07:59 AM
Well, I guess we got lucky. Skipped right over us. Bob was not happy with all the thunder though.

DomnNC
04-28-2011, 08:28 AM
We dodged the bullet, all we had here was high winds, rain and lightening, no major damage to report in southern NC.

Jesse
04-28-2011, 09:07 AM
Our Alabama members need to check in. Parts of that state are demolished! Graphita? Write14u? Delish?

Medusa
04-28-2011, 09:18 AM
We had 12 deaths in Arkansas as well :(

Alabama people, PLEASE check in as soon as you can.

According to the grapevine, many cell towers have been damaged and internet service is spotty at best. It may be a bit before people are able to communicate. If you hear from anyone in the area, PLEASE post here that they are ok.

Worried about our people. :(

Medusa
04-28-2011, 09:21 AM
Also, I believe Butchbowwow is from Alabama?

The_Lady_Snow
04-28-2011, 09:26 AM
Also, I believe Butchbowwow is from Alabama?

BWW lives where my Ma does, she had NO cell phone all night, lots of debris and power outages, she's sleeping finally doped up cause my Ma is a lil ANXIOUS-me being kind-

I'll try BBW next, storms now headed our way:|

LeftWriteFemme
04-28-2011, 09:33 AM
We are under tornado warnings now, they said to go hide in the closet or if I was outside to lay in a ditch and cover my head......and who said nothing fun ever happens in New Jersey. I especially love the way they say at 11:30 it will be in Califon and at 11:40 in Washington....so I have seven minutes I better go hide!

Jesse
04-28-2011, 09:33 AM
According to the Alabama thread; Bacardi, LaneyDoll, Graphiteta2s (http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/member.php?u=811), PeaPie are a few more from the 'Bama area.

I know that Tuscaloosa and Northern Birmingham got hit particularly bad last night.

So much devastation from this storm in several states.

The_Lady_Snow
04-28-2011, 09:36 AM
Bow Wow had no power and one bar left, hy did entrust Day with hys farms on The Facebook.

Medusa
04-28-2011, 09:38 AM
Bow Wow had no power and one bar left, hy did entrust Day with hys farms on The Facebook.

OMG. Behold the power of Farmville!!!!! :hangloose:

violaine
04-28-2011, 10:02 AM
http://www.spc.ncep.noaa.gov/climo/reports/110427_rpts.html

LeftWriteFemme
04-28-2011, 10:03 AM
Okay, I am out of the closet and not a muchkin in sight, the tornado missed us and is headed east.

miss entycing
04-28-2011, 10:19 AM
storms passed thru the night with no huge damages here in upstate sc.
we got winds into the 60 mph, lots of trees and limbs down everywhere.

i hope all Planet peeps are ok!
keeping the candles burning over here.
:candle:

Abigail Crabby
04-29-2011, 06:50 PM
Have we heard in from all the Bama folx? I have been watching the devastation on the news.

I pray everyone is safe and free from harm...:candle:

The_Lady_Snow
04-29-2011, 06:52 PM
Have we heard in from all the Bama folx? I have been watching the devastation on the news.

I pray everyone is safe and free from harm...:candle:

Hunstville Alabama and all the surrounding areas are part of the 300,00 homes without power....

Power restoration is unknown at the time...:vigil:

Abigail Crabby
04-29-2011, 06:54 PM
Hunstville Alabama and all the surrounding areas are part of the 300,00 homes without power....

Power restoration is unknown at the time...:vigil:

That is so sad :( I will be praying for Alabama and especially our members :vigil:

Delish
05-02-2011, 09:25 PM
I live in Gadsden, AL. Storms hit ALL around me! MAJOR devastation! It is pitiful! Over 300 dead and more than that still missing. Thankfully my immediate family and friends are safe. Some of my mothers family on her husbands side lost everything. We are volunteering and donating and just giving what we can give.
Just continue to pray for this state!
XOXO
De'

Gayla
05-14-2011, 12:19 AM
I've been trying to follow the news about the flooding as much as I can but there just doesn't seem to be much of it.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/43018935/ns/weather/

To me, this seems like such a huge deal and seems to be affecting such a huge chunk of the country that I'm a little shocked by the lack of attention being paid to it over here on the left coast.

Every time I read something about the levees and spillways and opening and closing of things and intentionally flooding areas and blowing shit up, all in the name of saving the cities, I can't help but wonder if this is just the big river's method of payback for trying to make it do something it didn't want to do in the first place.

ETA - Oh, and I started this whole post to say that I hope those of you in the affected areas are safe.

moxie
05-22-2011, 08:58 PM
Bump

I hope everyone is okay, please check in.

Medusa
05-22-2011, 09:11 PM
They are reporting that "virtually 75% of the town of Joplin is gone".

We are under a watch until 4am. More tornadoes up around the Fayetteville area as well.

WingsOnFire
05-22-2011, 09:16 PM
Thank you for bumping this! I couldnt find it. I know it was on the Arkansas borderline at 8:45. The majority of the damage that I was aware of is Joplin Missouri. We live about an hour from there. My prayers for the families of the 24 known fatalities so far. They are still searching the ruble. It hit around 6:15 so you can only imagine how many families were in their homes. The neighborhood around the hospital is completely demolished.

The hospital had 5 minutes warning before being hit. They evacuated all of the patients however it is not known if the fatalities were from those in the hospital.

I have coworkers in that hospital so my prayers are going out that there were no coworker fatalities. So sad.

Becca

moxie
05-22-2011, 09:19 PM
Minneapolis and parts of Kansas and Oklahoma were hit today too. If people from those places can check in too.

DamonK
05-22-2011, 10:46 PM
Hey folks.

As you know, Joplin was hit hella hard. MBE gave the details on that.

We spent a good hour and half in "lock down" mode when it looked like it was heading towards us.

My bosses at work considered having us go to Joplin to help, but realized we were supposed to have more nasty weather coming towards us tonight. Therefore, we are somewhat unofficially on call.

The last I heard, several hospitals around Joplin were sending lots of people and ambulances and stuff.

I could very well be wrong.

justkim
05-24-2011, 06:30 AM
Watching the morning news this morning and they are showing areas that according to the Doppler Radar there are a few states that are possibly going to be hit today with some very severe weather. The areas/states they were showing run with the center being in Oklahoma reaching up into Kansas and Missouri then down into Arkansas and Tennessee. (If I missed a or area please know that I am geographically challenged) Please everyone take the precautions to be safe, well as safe as you can with this unpredictable weather. Check in when you can. Thanks...

Stud_puppy1991
05-24-2011, 09:13 AM
Well, I'm not in your area, but here, in Indiana, we had some bad damage. They are saying it was a tornado, but aren't sure yet.

justkim
05-25-2011, 09:53 AM
Roll call please? I have been watching the news and there are folks that we need to hear from... Be safe! It sounds as though today is going to be another crazy weather one.

hpychick
06-01-2011, 05:08 PM
Kobi is also in Mass, as well as scubadyke.

Sparkle
06-01-2011, 05:09 PM
Tornado in MA. Sparkle is fine, but we need to hear from Chancie and I think FishinaBaggie and Outlaw are there too. Who else?

Ms. Meander is fine too.

I've not heard from Chancie, I've texted; the tornadoes touched down about 40miles south of ChancieFancyPants' home & work locations. So, its quite likely she's ok too.

I don't know about Fishinabaggie or Outlaw. Are they in western MA?

We're still under tornado warning, but the worst of the storms remain 20mi south of Northampton moving - east.

Adding:
There is still an active storm and warning, just North and East of Chancie's area.
No reports of anything touching down, but I expect she's taking cover and being safe.

JakeTulane
06-01-2011, 05:31 PM
Semantics is up in that area as well.

Julie
06-01-2011, 05:35 PM
Ms. Meander is fine too.

I've not heard from Chancie, I've texted; the tornadoes touched down about 40miles south of ChancieFancyPants' home & work locations. So, its quite likely she's ok too.

I don't know about Fishinabaggie or Outlaw. Are they in western MA?

We're still under tornado warning, but the worst of the storms remain 20mi south of Northampton moving - east.

Adding:
There is still an active storm and warning, just North and East of Chancie's area.
No reports of anything touching down, but I expect she's taking cover and being safe.

I am on the phone with Fishie -- She is OKAY. It touched down where she lives. She and her son were in the basement - the town is really bad, but she is OKAY! Tractors flipped over. Outlaw is 65 miles away. Fishie said it's really bad and said - google (she is crazy) it - It's really scary. Springfield Tornado or Connecticut River tornado.

90 more minutes she said -- The wind was going sideways - WOW.

Sparkle
06-01-2011, 05:42 PM
ChancieFancyPants reporting in. She and Pete are just fine!

Outlaw
06-01-2011, 07:32 PM
Checking in...

Liz is out of the basement! She and the man-child are doing well, eating dinner the last I heard. In the face of uncertainty...when not subsurface...our Fishy was cooking...checking in, taking care and making dinner :)

It has been a very scary time and I think it will take folks a long time to clean up and recover from this storm... literally and figuratively. The National Guard has been deployed and the Governor has declared a State of Emergency.

I appreciate the warmth and concern, it's been very reassuring. I can't be there...I'm 65 miles away and at work with 25 frantic teenage girls and 31 babies, it's hot AND it's PMS week add a spike in barometric pressure and intermittent power!

Thank you for thinking of us!

fishinabaggie
06-01-2011, 08:30 PM
Tornados take a lot out of you! LOL

My family members and loved ones are all fine. I am very thankful!
I am very touched by all the concern from my BF family. Thank you.
I found some footage of the tornado touching down just across the river.........picking up water and then zooming over our main bridge and right down Main St. 4 lives were lost at last count. They cannot get into all the collapsed buildings because of gas leaks and roof collapses. Scary stuff!

I am so glad my Outlaw was out of harms way! Actually, it was probably safer at my house than at her job with all that PMS! :)

http://youtu.be/tj5uvC9cLO4 (http://youtu.be/tj5uvC9cLO4)

The_Lady_Snow
06-01-2011, 08:42 PM
I'm glad you are ALL ok!!!!

Ms. Meander
06-01-2011, 09:18 PM
Wow. What an afternoon/evening! We had intense storms with hail and high winds and lost power for a couple of hours but all is well and everyone is accounted for. I truly appreciated text messages from Sparkle, keeping me updated throughout (and slightly amused at the image of her trying to rustle her herd to the basement, xo).

ps: Semantics lives far enough away that I believe she would not have been affected.

Arwen
06-01-2011, 10:24 PM
Kobi is also in Mass, as well as scubadyke.

Have we heard from them?

Kobi
06-02-2011, 02:47 PM
Have we heard from them?

I'm fine. The bad stuff was well north and west of me. Nice to know I was thought of tho :)

And glad everyone is ok.