PDA

View Full Version : Domestic Abuse

Sam
11-16-2009, 07:54 PM
Emotional or psychological abuse
The aim of emotional or psychological abuse is to chip away at your feelings of self-worth and independence. If you’re the victim of emotional abuse, you may feel that there is no way out of the relationship, or that without your abusive partner you have nothing.

Emotional abuse includes verbal abuse such as yelling, name-calling, blaming, and shaming. Isolation, intimidation, and controlling behavior also fall under emotional abuse. Additionally, abusers who use emotional or psychological abuse often throw in threats of physical violence.

You may think that physical abuse is far worse than emotional abuse, since physical violence can send you to the hospital and leave you with scars. But, the scars of emotional abuse are very real, and they run deep. In fact, emotional abuse can be just as damaging as physical abuse—sometimes even more so. Furthermore, emotional abuse usually worsens over time, often escalating to physical battery.

Sexual abuse
Sexual abuse is common in abusive relationships. According to the National Coalition Against Domestic Violence, between one-third and one-half of all battered women are raped by their partners at least once during their relationship. Any situation in which you are forced to participate in unwanted, unsafe, or degrading sexual activity is sexual abuse.

Forced sex, even by a spouse or intimate partner with whom you also have consensual sex, is an act of aggression and violence. Furthermore, women whose partners abuse them physically and sexually are at a higher risk of being seriously injured or killed.

Economic or financial abuse
Remember, an abuser’s goal is to control you, and he will frequently use money to do so. Economic or financial abuse includes:

Rigidly controlling your finances.
Withholding money or credit cards.
Making you account for every penny you spend.
Withholding basic necessities (food, clothes, medications, shelter).
Restricting you to an allowance.
Preventing you from working or choosing your own career.
Sabotaging your job (making you miss work, calling constantly)
Stealing from you or taking your money.

Sam
11-19-2009, 12:22 PM
I support Domestic Violence, i usually pick a charity every year in November to get donations for, then i usually match whatever donations i can get with my own earnings.

This year i picked Project Safe in Athens Georgia.

So far on my facebook group and my twitter has brought in $500, so i'm still striding for $1000.00.

So you can donate here x

and you can join my fb group and forward the group to all your friends and family.

x
You cam pm me anytime. thanks

Andrew, Jr.
11-19-2009, 01:26 PM
Why is the facebook coming up under the name of Sherri Rosenberg and not Sam Jankowski?

Sam
11-19-2009, 01:28 PM
I dont know. try this link its a group i made up until i can get the Cause to let me sign up.

Try this link let me know.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=170359319379

Why is the facebook coming up under the name of Sherri Rosenberg and not Sam Jankowski?

Andrew, Jr.
11-19-2009, 01:37 PM
Sam,

You need to delete it. It still comes up Sherri Rosenberg. And no you couldn't have just thought it up.

apretty
11-19-2009, 01:58 PM
i get Sam Jankowski.

Andrew, Jr.
11-19-2009, 02:04 PM
APD,
Is that the name next to Setting?

Linus
11-19-2009, 02:06 PM
Sam,

You need to delete it. It still comes up Sherri Rosenberg. And no you couldn't have just thought it up.

Andrew, I'm getting -- on both links -- Domestic Violence Facegroup and Sam. Have you checked your system?

Softly
11-19-2009, 02:09 PM
Sam here too.

SuperFemme
11-19-2009, 02:11 PM
I too am getting Domestic Violence Group and Sam.

No need at all to take it down.

I'll donate later today.

Sam
11-19-2009, 02:18 PM
ok thank you all, i had it set to private, but its still coming up as mine.

i appreciate the donations. thank you :)

Sam
11-19-2009, 02:19 PM
Sam,

thought what up? its a group off my facebook.

anyone can add me to fb..

Andrew, Jr.
11-19-2009, 02:25 PM
Linus, :gimmehug:

Actually, Rosie called me from work to tell me about it. I was playing with the furkids, and eating some lunch when all of this was going down. I had no idea until then.

I am waiting for a 2nd phone call from her later on. She is going into a meeting with her boss and her boss's boss. I will let you know more later.

Thanks,
Andrew

Admin
11-19-2009, 02:39 PM
Need to clarify: Are donations going directly to Project Safe in Atlanta?

Edited to Add: Sorry, I need to close this thread. It is fine to ask for donations for various causes but I must insist that any plea for donations must be with a link that goes directly to the cause in question. There is a direct paypal link available for Project Safe for those wanting to help. http://projectsafegeorgia.org/contact_psga.htm

Nothing personal against anyone here, great work!