PDA

View Full Version : Donald Trump: Adult Bully? Adult Baby? or Media Genius?

Medusa
04-25-2011, 11:08 AM
So, I saw this article just now about Trump doing one of his ridiculous "keep it swirling in the bowl as long as possible" slapbacks over comments that Robert Deniro made about his presidtential run.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/04/25/donald-trump-robert-de-niro_n_853320.html

This is only one in a long line of many articles where Donald Trump gives evidence of his complete inability to either let shit go or choose his battles. Remember the mean-spirited attacks on Rosie O'Donnel? What about his most recent racist remarks about how he had a good realtionship with "the blacks"? How about his comments around our President's birth status?

I'm curious what people think of Donald Trump? Do you think he is a media genius for being such an ass that we all keep talking about him or is this man truly an emotional, uncontrolled bully who lashes out at anyone who criticizes him?

Thoughts?

Arwen
04-25-2011, 11:14 AM
Trump's voting record. (http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2011/04/22/fact-check-trump-skipped-three-presidential-primary-votes/)

My take on Trump is that he's a rich, bored man who's made a fatal error.

Believing in the spin his own marketing department puts out about him.

Would he be good president? Sure he would. If he ran America like he ran his own business, we'd make money.

Would I vote for him? Not in a New York minute. He's a typical conservative. More concerned about making and keeping money. He has utterly no social conscience that is not dictated to by "what's in it for me."

Typical conservative attitude. It's all about him. He doesn't care about his fellow man at all. He forgets the iconic statement by MLK about pulling oneself up with non-existent bootstraps.

DomnNC
04-25-2011, 11:38 AM
Personally, I think he's an egomanical bully. As far as being a President, not in a New York minute, the man tries to cheat everyone he does business with, tries to get out of paying contractors who build buildings for him, he's already declared bankruptcy once so as far as being in control of the nations money, nope, not for me.

Daywalker
04-25-2011, 11:39 AM
So, I saw this article just now about Trump doing one of his ridiculous "keep it swirling in the bowl as long as possible" slapbacks over comments that Robert Deniro made about his presidtential run.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/04/25/donald-trump-robert-de-niro_n_853320.html

This is only one in a long line of many articles where Donald Trump gives evidence of his complete inability to either let shit go or choose his battles. Remember the mean-spirited attacks on Rosie O'Donnel? What about his most recent racist remarks about how he had a good realtionship with "the blacks"? How about his comments around our President's birth status?

I'm curious what people think of Donald Trump? Do you think he is a media genius for being such an ass that we all keep talking about him or is this man truly an emotional, uncontrolled bully who lashes out at anyone who criticizes him?

Thoughts?

~ For Me ~

Very little of what he has uttered in the last month in the Media made
sense as far as Policy is concerned. Other than that, he is a loose cannon.

:|

Kind of like Perot, only ten fold.
Although Perot looks quite somber next to the Donald.
:sunglass:

He's the worse kind of Asshat ~ The ones with wayyyyyy to much money.
:doh:

ETA ~ What would Michael Moore Do?
He would peel back the layers of Trump until all the Ugly is revealed.
Biogtry n Racism included. Where is Michael?

:thinking:

:daywalker:

Ms. Tabitha
04-25-2011, 11:42 AM
A guy who built an empire on narcissism, bullying, debt and ego.
I'm not too sure about his agenda. Is he trying to get ratings on his show?
He has been divorced 3 times has been bankrupt 4 times.
He is a Republican who became a Democrat(2000) who became a Republican(2009).

Trump, in my opinion, is a joke on so many levels.

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g196/tabithaintx/images.jpg

Daywalker
04-25-2011, 11:43 AM
Oh, and I posted a Quote of mine today that seems to fit right in:

An arrogant heart knows no humility...nor nobility.

~ DW ~

:coffee:

Diva
04-25-2011, 12:18 PM
Also the comment he made on Sunday evening's Celebrity Apprentice...........

When one of the women said that a couple of her team~mates were 'all up Star's ass', The Donald commented, "..which is probably a lot easier now, right Star, now that you've lost all that weight?". :|

I went....did he just SAY that?????? Of course, they all want to win so they giggled "appropriately" and the men couldn't believe he said it either.....

It was just one more reason not to vote for him......he is a scary, scary man.

1PlayfulFemme
04-25-2011, 12:24 PM
I agree with everything stated here.

Do I think the man is brilliant? Yes.

Do I think he knows how to run a business (even if it's not so ethical at all times?) Yes.

Do I think the man has a heart? The jury is out.

Do I think he would get this country at least closer to out of debt? Yes.

Do I want him as my president? Not in a million years.

I don't want a dictator as President. And that's what I believe him to be. He's so used to people bowing down to him (Because we are soooo impressed with money in this country) that he believes everyone should. I don't want that kind of thinking running this country (And yes, I know it has before).

He changes his stance on important issues depending on the day & the group he is talking to. (2002 - supports gays having rights...i.e. insurance, etc..not necessarily marriage tho. 2011 - absolutely does not support gays having any of those rights.) So nine years with him takes us BACK a step..not moving FORWARD.

But! I digress! To answer the question of the thread..which is NOT about his run for President...I think he's a combination of an adult bully/adult baby. I also think back to the Rosie O situation. I think it speaks volumes about his character that whenever he is attacking someone in the media, he almost always resorts to name-calling. He is incapable of having a reasonable adult conversation with the people he has issues with. (Back to the too used to people bowing down to him - he isn't used to dealing with real people who aren't afraid of him).

I used to respect the fact that he worked his way to the top. Nowadays, I'm finding very, very little to respect about him at all.

Corkey
04-25-2011, 01:59 PM
He is an ego the size of Texas wrapped in a mouth the size of Europe with the values of a pedophile and a sexist racist jackass.
I don't watch his shows and I think he is a complete fool.
He would bankrupt this country and make a mint doing so for ratings.

Apocalipstic
04-25-2011, 02:28 PM
He is a media whore.

sierragirrl
04-25-2011, 02:34 PM
Donald Trump is an ASSHAT :annoyed:

Andrew, Jr.
04-25-2011, 04:24 PM
No way, no how would I vote for The Donald. He is a bully on many levels. And the remark he made to Star about her weight about made me fall off my chair.

AtLast
04-25-2011, 04:31 PM
I have always felt Trump was a bully. He obviously is an opportunist and a media whore. His narcissistic personality is off the charts- and like many narcissists, he is intelligent. That is what makes them so disturbing- and an adult baby. There is also some alcoholism history with him (lost a brother to it). So, maybe some variables there concerning his personality development. His defensive postures and temper flares make me wonder.

He is riding his TV show's success right to the bank and to fan his ego. My guess is that if he really does try to run for the GOP nomination, he will end up in a big pile of his own shit just like Rudy did.

Right now, he is having the time of his life with all of the attention.

Apocalipstic
04-25-2011, 04:34 PM
I have always felt Trump was a bully. He obviously is an opportunist and a media whore. His narcissistic personality is off the charts- and like many narcissists, he is intelligent. That is what makes them so disturbing- and an adult baby. There is also some alcoholism history with him (lost a brother to it). So, maybe some variables there concerning his personality development. His defensive postures and temper flares make me wonder.

He is riding his TV show's success right to the bank and to fan his ego. My guess is that if he really does try to run for the GOP nomination, he will end up in a big pile of his own shit just like Rudy did.

Right now, he is having the time of his life with all of the attention.

A Machiavelian Narcisist pehaps? :hamactor:

moxie
04-25-2011, 04:36 PM
I just think Trump is one of those people who is opinionated even about minutia and not only thinks that EVERYONE wants to know it, but tries to force it on them (which is bullying in a way). I don't care for people like that because I believe everyone is entitled to their own opinions and beliefs, whether I agree with them or not.

I don't even bother with finding out what he has to say anymore.

Mr. Moon
04-25-2011, 04:40 PM
I didn't read all the responses because of time so if I am repeating someone else, so sorry....

I remember....5 - 10 years ago he was near bankruptcy. No? I swear there was this big bunch of stuff about how he ran his businesses mostly in the red and had no "real" money.

I am using the wrong words and am short on time, but, I remember that and it was from a real news source.

Other than that he's an egotistical asshat.

AtLast
04-25-2011, 08:14 PM
And today...... he says his "detectives" found no birth certificate in Hawaii for Obama!! It is either "not there" or "missing." But won't reveal who in Hawaii his "people" talked with.

I am so sick of this!! The system in Hawaii has been explained and explained- the damn certificate is an official copy.

Frankly, I think Birthers don't think Hawaii is a state!!

Arwen
04-25-2011, 10:21 PM
I have a question for those who watch any of The Apprentice shows.

Why?

Do you know that you are supporting him by doing that?

:( Even peripherally you are telling the network moguls that he's interesting enough to tape or watch.

That's money in the political bank, y'all.

apretty
04-25-2011, 11:01 PM
adult ...diaper

Daywalker
04-25-2011, 11:18 PM

Why?

:( Even peripherally you are telling the network moguls that he's interesting enough to tape or watch.

I get that.

For me, I've tried to keep the 2 things separate.

I enjoy watching MeatLoaf and Gary Busey integrate.
heh.
:grindevil: :bicycle: :harley:

Seriously though ~ it's for Charity, the Celebrity one is.

:smelling-flower:

My opinion is that Trump easily influences ('trumps', if U will)
the Network with enough Monetary weight that
if the ratings fell...the show would not.
:scarytv:

I canot take Trump serious as a Political Candidate.
:tinfoil:

I picture him and Howerd Stern running together.
:3stooges:
That's how serious I take it.

:|

Arwen
04-26-2011, 12:11 AM
I get that.

For me, I've tried to keep the 2 things separate.

I enjoy watching MeatLoaf and Gary Busey integrate.

Oh I love that it's for charity, but it's still, in the long run, for Trump since he's the toupee spokesmodel. :( Sad. I've actually never watched the show other than trailers/commercials. I'm not much for reality (although SOMEONE got me hooked on RuPaul's Drag Race and I'm a huge AI person now. LOL)

Daywalker
04-26-2011, 12:25 AM
I shoulda put RuPaul in the Poll

"Bush and Bush, its time to LipSync...for yer life...and don't fuck it up"

heehee

Gayla
04-26-2011, 01:05 AM
I watched the first few seasons. It was something completely different in the reality TV genre and I enjoyed it. I can't say that I knew much about him before the show so it was interesting to see him interact with contestants, the justifications he used for various things, etc. Back then, he didn't come across to me as the out of control, egomaniac, whack job that he has since become. I think I stopped watching shortly after the first Celebrity season.

I honestly can't see him running as the Republican candidate. I really doubt they would let that happen. I think if he does run, it will be as an independent, ala Perot, and I honestly think that could only be a blessing to the Dems.

I also think that people (in general) and the Donald (specifically) are pretty clueless when it comes to the ability of the POTUS to actually do things. If it was as easy as "When I'm President, I'll fix things because I'll be the President and the President can make stuff like that happen" then all the stuff that should have been fixed all along wouldn't still be broken.

AtLast
04-26-2011, 11:38 AM

Why?

The ratings for the show have gone way up since he began this garbage. And reports are that his only real income is from the show.

I can proudly state I have never watched it. I don't watch "reality TV" shows. I guess some, like DWTS might be good, but, I just don't watch them.

Can you imagine what the rest of the world would think about Trump actually being the GOP candidate for president? Although, he does represent the type of US personality that many countries dislike about us.

Arwen
04-26-2011, 11:41 AM
Can you imagine what the rest of the world would think about Trump actually being the GOP candidate for president? Although, he does represent the type of US personality that many countries dislike about us.

Well I do love some food reality and Project Runway mesmerized me.

:Tongue firmly in cheek: It might be entertaining to have:

U.N. Apprentice

Can the Emperor of Japan outwit Ghaddafi in order to win a place at Trump's U.N. Table? Watch the nuclear fireworks to see!

Daywalker
04-26-2011, 11:46 AM
The ratings for the show have gone way up since he began this garbage. And reports are that his only real income is from the show.

I can proudly state I have never watched it. I don't watch "reality TV" shows. I guess some, like DWTS might be good, but, I just don't watch them.

That statement is untrue.
Reports are propaganda.
:seeingstars:

Because he is extremely vague about it, for one.

BUT, he will have to open his closet of secrets soon.

:glasses:

Then we will all know,
and we'll pretend we cared in the first place.

AtLast
04-26-2011, 11:56 AM
That statement is untrue.
Reports are propaganda.
:seeingstars:

Because he is extremely vague about it, for one.

BUT, he will have to open his closet of secrets soon.

:glasses:

Then we will all know,
and we'll pretend we cared in the first place.

Oh, you have a point- lots of "reports" floating around- didn't say I believed this- just that it is being reported. I think Trump has some dough, but not as "trumped-up" as he would like us to believe.

Yes, if he actually rund for the GOP nomination- there will be disclosures. To be honest, I don't believe he will end up in the primaries.

And now, he has Franklin Graham for support! GeeZuuuuussssss!!!

nikebutch110
04-26-2011, 01:36 PM
1st. of al he's a gemini...under the sign of the twins u can see both sides all the time...secondly...once on his show...concerning homosexuality...he said the best line i ever heard...'Thats why they have menus..." meaning every1 has different 'tastes'
-
i felt bad for rosie...but i dont think it wuz a gay thing...more of a personality clash...dunno all the facts...

AtLast
04-26-2011, 02:24 PM
I think my main problem with all of the press Trump is getting is the "Birther" garbage. I just cannot come up with anything other than racism as why and how this entire "movement" got started.

FerGoddessesSake, John Mc Cain could have had more of an issue with his birthplace (Panama Canal Zone)! Few remember this when he got the GOP nomination for the '08 race. White vs. Black??? I think so.

Also, ALL presidential candidates have as part of their "war chest," line items for legal representation. Mc Cain and Obama spent money via this election part of their "budgets" on birthplace facts. Interesting how Obama's birthplace has stuck in this insanity.

A link for an 2008 article about McCain's birthplace-

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/02/28/world/americas/28iht-28mccain.10514626.html

Sometimes I do wonder if a person like Trump could actually get into a presidential race as a true threat, a viable candidate. I wonder because of the kind of stuff happening with the tea Party factor and birthers, etc. Also because of just how frustrated people are with things and what the "common" person has been going through economically on top of all of the swindling on Wall Street and in the housing sector.

Jesse
04-26-2011, 02:27 PM
Trump is an ass regardless of how you dress him!

Medusa
04-26-2011, 02:29 PM
Well, Trump apparently just called President Obama "not Ivy league material" in a recent interview. I guess he missed the part where President Obama graduated Magna Cum Laude from Harvard Law.

Someone needs to plug that foghorn up.

Corkey
04-26-2011, 02:44 PM
More distraction from the facts, still no jobs, still paying the price for BP, still in economic slump, and all the while LGBT rights being held back if not overturned. There is more to keep one occupied than the rants of a mad man.

AtLast
04-26-2011, 02:56 PM
More distraction from the facts, still no jobs, still paying the price for BP, still in economic slump, and all the while LGBT rights being held back if not overturned. There is more to keep one occupied than the rants of a mad man.

And gas prices! My closest friend that lives in WA was going to visit me during the Summer, but she may not because of this. Hell, she even has a car that gets good mpg, but is a teacher and very budget-minded (raised 2 kids alone, too). Maybe I will go see her. Been too long since we sat and yakked in person.

I agree, Corkey, many problems in the US that need serious attention. The budget discussions and the assault on MediCare is very serious.

Sachita
04-26-2011, 02:58 PM
He has a very long entrepreneurial history dating well beyond 20 years during booms and recessions. Back then he knew how to play that game but the rules of those games have changed. No one does business the way they use to and marketing has drastically changed with the economy and technology. During his mega era most men like him act like that, Now he's old, his game plan changed and although his ego still in tact he replies on minions to market him. Of course its about the ratings. Thats his pay check right now.

kannon
04-26-2011, 03:07 PM
I can't get past this...

A step-by-step guide to the gravity-defying Donald Trump combover
By NICK MCDERMOTT AND STUART NICOLSON
Last updated at 1:00 AM on 11th June 2008
Comments (0)
Add to My Stories

Enlarge
The Donald: What's the difference between an astronaut and Donald Trump's hairdo? One defies the law of gravity, the other's a spaceman
Over the years we've had our share of great British combovers - Arthur Scargill and Bobby Charlton to name but two.
But both men would have to doff their cap to the astonishing coiffure of American billionaire Donald Trump.
Rather than invest any of his considerable fortune in a transplant or wig, the 61-year-old property magnate insists on using a series of elaborate measures to plaster strands of hair across his balding pate.

More...
Hair-raising moment as billionaire Donald Trump drops in to visit his Scottish relatives
Occasionally, however, it comes unstuck - notably this week when faced with the insistent breeze on the Isle of Lewis, where he was visiting his mother's former home.
Here, the Daily Mail shows how to achieve the Trump look ... in the unlikely event that anyone would want to emulate it.
As for the man himself, he was at a public inquiry in Aberdeen yesterday to be questioned yesterday by environmental campaigners and local councillors over his plans to build 'the world's greatest golf course'.
Enlarge
After spending more than three hours giving evidence he said: 'I am shocked to be here. I thought I would be building the course by now.'
The flamboyant tycoon wants to create two golf courses, a clubhouse, a massive hotel, a conference centre, a golf academy and 950 holiday homes on the Menie Estate in Aberdeenshire, which is currently used for shooting.
Warning that turning down his plans 'would be a terrible, terrible loss to Scotland' he said the proposed site was currently littered with the carcases of animals.
He said: 'It's a total mess. When you walk on the site right now it's sort of disgusting. There are bird carcasses lying all over the site.
'There are dead animals all over the site that have been shot. There may be some people that are into that. I am not.
'When I build the course we won't be killing birds. We will be trying for birdies and eagles, but we won't be killing them.'
The billionaire tycoon sported a somewhat flyaway version of the combover after he landed in Stornoway on his private Boeing 727, which is emblazoned with TRUMP in large gold letters on the side.
Accompanied by his older sister Maryanne, it is the first time he has been on the island since his mother took him there as a child.
And he admitted that he would probably have walked away from his plans to build a £1billion golf resort if his mother had not been from Scotland.
When asked if he would have given up on his plans for the Aberdeenshire resort after they were initially rejected by the council had his mother not been from Scotland.
He said: 'I think probably I would have, yes.
'It is really easy to find a nice piece of land to do something nice on. But Scotland is special and I wanted to do something special for my mother.'
Scroll down for more

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1025610/A-step-step-guide-gravity-defying-Donald-Trump-combover.html#ixzz1KfJDArUQ

Medusa
04-26-2011, 03:22 PM
OMG.

This lying sack of shit has actually stated to Anderson Cooper that he "has people on the ground investigating in Hawaii and that he's been told that the President's birth certificate is missing". (paraphrase)

Even though Anderson Cooper busted him out and was like "Uh, we ALSO have people on the ground in Hawaii and they've all talked to everyone who would have been associated with Obama's birth from people in the hospital at the same time as he was born to people who worked there and none of those people say that any of your people have contacted them." He then went on to ask the DumpTruck to name ONE person they had spoken to in regard to Obama's birth and the Dump refused.

Couple that with another statement that he wont/cant back up with facts like, "I heard he was a bad student" when talking about Obama's Harvard days, and it appears that Donald Trump is willing to bald-faced LIE his ass off on television for ratings.

He's a phony. A liar. And most of all, an embarrassment.

Martina
04-26-2011, 03:44 PM
He's not seriously running. The publicity is good for his business. And he likes the attention.

Mr. Moon
04-26-2011, 05:19 PM

I hope you're not saying that the current administration is at fault for all this.

It took 8 years of BUSHISM to make it this way, it will take YEARS to get out, but, changing regimes...meaning changing total focus on what you were doing, will send us back in to it. (thus the problem recently with shifting from this to that (a to z practically). I used to be every 4 years, a shift, now 8 but that's not enough for ANYONE to get us out of a mess dug by previous 8 years.....

Like a therapist (yes, I had on ya boobs! LOL), said to me years ago, "it took years to get you here, don't think it will take days or weeks to get you out"...
nuff said

AtLast
04-26-2011, 05:19 PM
OMG.

This lying sack of shit has actually stated to Anderson Cooper that he "has people on the ground investigating in Hawaii and that he's been told that the President's birth certificate is missing". (paraphrase)

Even though Anderson Cooper busted him out and was like "Uh, we ALSO have people on the ground in Hawaii and they've all talked to everyone who would have been associated with Obama's birth from people in the hospital at the same time as he was born to people who worked there and none of those people say that any of your people have contacted them." He then went on to ask the DumpTruck to name ONE person they had spoken to in regard to Obama's birth and the Dump refused.

Couple that with another statement that he wont/cant back up with facts like, "I heard he was a bad student" when talking about Obama's Harvard days, and it appears that Donald Trump is willing to bald-faced LIE his ass off on television for ratings.

He's a phony. A liar. And most of all, an embarrassment.

I watched this- loved it when Cooper played the unedited video of Obama's grandmother right after Trump said there was a 51 second lapse in her comments.

There is another portion of this interview on AC-360 tonight, I believe. And I think Trump is on Hardball tonight. That ought to be good- Chris Mathews does not mince words.

Oh yeah, an African American student at Harvard (and president of Law Review material) is going to be a poor student. I don't think so! The pressure for him to succeed had to be huge. He comes from humble beginnings and as far as I'm concerned has earned everything he has and has accomplished. No, I don't agree with every presidential position he holds, but he is a very bright person and frankly, a good human being. One of the only presidents in my lifetime that I honestly do think loses sleep at night over what he deals with.

I am also getting tired of all the focus on just his paternal background, too. On his mother’s side, there is quite an honorable military service history in his family.

And now we have Franklin Graham backing Trump and making statements about Obama's faith again.

What I really hope is that Obama will continue to not give this BS any personal attention- not dignify it. People that believe this are never going to believe he is a US citizen.

I just want to slap Trumps little whiney mouth!!

Mr. Moon
04-26-2011, 05:20 PM
He's not seriously running. The publicity is good for his business. And he likes the attention.

I agree!!!!!!!!

Corkey
04-26-2011, 05:30 PM
I hope you're not saying that the current administration is at fault for all this.

It took 8 years of BUSHISM to make it this way, it will take YEARS to get out, but, changing regimes...meaning changing total focus on what you were doing, will send us back in to it. (thus the problem recently with shifting from this to that (a to z practically). I used to be every 4 years, a shift, now 8 but that's not enough for ANYONE to get us out of a mess dug by previous 8 years.....

Like a therapist (yes, I had on ya boobs! LOL), said to me years ago, "it took years to get you here, don't think it will take days or weeks to get you out"...
nuff said

As a matter of fact this administration is not solely at fault, BP disaster did however happen on Mr. Obama's watch and the handing out of permits to continue drilling are happening on his watch. The fault I find is his continued capitulation to move this country even further to the right than it already is. I may have voted for him, it doesn't mean I give him carte blanche to continue to hand the republicans every damn thing they want..like more damn tax breaks for the wealthiest 2% of the population. I am holding him accountable. It doesn't make me the enemy.

Mr. Moon
04-26-2011, 06:08 PM
It sure beat the alternative and he had the right idea.
I didn't think it would work...never did. I knew he'd be fought tooth and nail. I did NOT expect it to be fueled by hate and bigotry disguised as "being an american". But then AGAIN I am not surprised it happened.

This world is being divided. It's being torn apart. That's my belief.

2012 looks more and more like something I should have looked at more closely! LOL

tornado's, hurricanes, tsunami's, right/left, etc.....
blech

But he did have a great IDEA....

No way I was voting for McCain and that asshat of a woman.
and back to the thread....Trump is the asshat woman's twin.
;)

Corkey
04-26-2011, 06:12 PM
If those two did run Obama would win in a landslide.
Alas Trump isn't running he is a diversion for the GOP.

AtLast
04-26-2011, 08:22 PM
I agree!!!!!!!!

People thought that about Jesse Ventura. (here in CA, there was Arnold). Although, that was a Govenorship race. I thought "W" was a joke early on. My guess is that Trump really is doing this for publicity (can't help himself)- but there are people out there that want him to run and that do have the mindset he is promoting and will vote for a candidate that aligns with his line of bull. Also, today, candidates are groomed & tuned by parties like never before.

When I look at the machinery that got Bush II in the GOP race as a serious candidate and the role Dick Cheny had as VP (and a list of far-right, wealthy crones), plus how people perceive the economy to be going I'd believe most anything could happen in 2012.

I hope you are right!

Soon
04-26-2011, 08:25 PM
Banging head against wall as I watch A. Cooper interviewing and disputing lame ass Trump.

WILDCAT
04-26-2011, 09:52 PM
... first, gotta see this "do" photo of "The Donald", (then go ahead and read the birther article - if you like). :rrose:

http://commentarista.com/2011/03/30/no-donald-birthers-are-indeed-idiots-and-so-are-you/

THEN, I got a little chuckle out of this:

What would the world look like with Donald Trump as the 45th President of the United States? Let’s start with his inauguration speech:

My fellow citizens, wow, what a truly historic day. This is a day that will go down in history as one of the most historic days of all time. It really is a fantastic day for America and for people all around the civilized world. This is the dawn of a new era for America. It really is fantastic.

I would like to thank Barack Hussein Obama for his dedication and service to our country, no matter how misguided, ill informed and, perhaps, illegal his presidency has been. I still haven’t seen that birth certificate Barack, so, you’re fired! No wait, you’re deported!

[Applause. Crowd starts chanting "Donald, Donald"].

On a serious note, I believe that a story as fabulous as mine could only have happened in America. America made it possible for me to develop a multi-billion dollar empire and a hugely successful television series, The Apprentice. It is people like me that make America great.

For those of you not familiar with this revolutionary show, it can be seen on NBC Tuesday nights at 9 PM and is syndicated in 112 countries throughout the world. It really is a tremendously successful program that I’m very proud of, and it has contributed to the economic power of our great country. I want to take this opportunity to announce a historic 12th season of The Apprentice in which I will pit twenty four budding candidates against each other to see who will become my new Secretary of Defense. In an Apprentice first, the runner-up will appointed Head of the Federal Reserve. Your new first lady, Melania, and I will be snuggled up in the Lincoln Bedroom closely watching the results.

[Audience: We love you Donald.]

When it comes to foreign relations, America can rest assured. As you all know, I have extensive experience dealing with people from all over the world. I mean, come on, I own the Miss Universe franchise. Furthermore, I have an extensive track record when it comes to dealing with foreign leaders and dignitaries thanks to my super successful real estate empire. You all know I financially ”screwed” Gadhafi, and I promise to bring home the same types of lucrative deals for everyday Americans.

Back to America, this really is a fantastic country. Billions of people around the world look to America and me as a shining example of liberty, freedom and wealth generation potential. But we do have enemies, all those who want to destroy our way of life. What our enemies need to understand is that I’m a really smart guy, I live a really successful life, I have mansions all over the world, I have a beautiful wife and I am very wealthy. In other words “Don’t mess with The Donald.”

[Strong applause and chants of "Donald, Donald"].

Next, I would like to thank Vice President Bristol Palin. I’ve known Bristol since her phenomenal performance on “Dancing with the Stars.” I saw then, as I see now, that she is going to bring a lot of grace and fresh ideas to the job. She’s going to make a fantastic Vice President. Bristol comes from a real American family, and given how well she turned out, it is only natural that I would tap her mother, Sarah, to be my Secretary of Education. She’s a fantastic lady. She cares about America and American children.
[Polite applause.]

[Suddenly President Trump suffers a hair malfunction and is forced to the ground by secret service agents. The speech is suspended for 5 minutes while the President’s hair is realigned.]

On the economy I’m an alumnus of the Wharton School of Business where I did very, very well so America’s economy is in fantastic hands and will become really fabulous once more. I’ve always said that America should be run like a business, and in keeping with that statement I will be opening a chain of White House restaurants across the country with the very first one to open in Florida. At White House restaurants, not only will you be able to get a fantastic meal based on The Donald’s own diet, but you will also be able to get a range of phenomenal White House and Trump memorabilia. A series of my autographed photos will also be featured.In conclusion, America will once more be a great country and, with The Donald at the helm, the future looks bright once more. Together, let’s make this the decade of The Donald.

God bless you, God bless me and God bless America. Oh, wait, don’t forget to tune in and watch season 12 of The Apprentice, Tuesdays on NBC. It’s really going to be fabulous.

__

*I personally think he can only be a diversion tactic right now, although he is so full of himself - and enjoys being so hateful.

WC

(But, look how many folks gots on board with PALIN. :blink:)

AtLast
04-27-2011, 04:30 AM
If those two did run Obama would win in a landslide.
Alas Trump isn't running he is a diversion for the GOP.

Could be- they don't seem to have anyone even close to a serious contender stepping up. So far, most "maybes" have declined to run. It's early.... but in
'08. there was a GOP field going at each other on a couple of big pseudo-debates at this juncture. Could have been because there was not an incumbent running, however.

Or maybe they are as internally divided as it seems struggling for a candidate to capture their base along with the Tea Party.

My older sister is a Republican (sorry, but she is) and she is disgusted (and offended) by Trump. I guess she is more of the kind of Republican I remember “back in the day” of Eisenhower, even Nixon or even Bush I- both viewed as “moderates“ really. Now they are viewed as liberals by the far-right!!!

Sometimes I think about what Obama’s memoirs will be like in terms of his real feelings about his candidacy and as president in terms of how he has been treated and perceived as an African American. There is always scrutiny, but so many things thrown his way have simply been because of race. Did anyone ask Dumb-Dumb Dubya to show his SAT and LSAT scores, college grades and transcripts? Pat Robertson tonight on Hardball put that out there! He also said Obama was just a product of Affirmative Action. Hummm… he doesn’t think that Bush had some help getting into Yale, however. This stuff makes me crazy when I think of the old boys network and “family” ties through generations of white, rich Ivy Leaguers.

AtLast
04-27-2011, 12:12 PM
Could be- they don't seem to have anyone even close to a serious contender stepping up. So far, most "maybes" have declined to run. It's early.... but in
'08. there was a GOP field going at each other on a couple of big pseudo-debates at this juncture. Could have been because there was not an incumbent running, however.

Or maybe they are as internally divided as it seems struggling for a candidate to capture their base along with the Tea Party.

My older sister is a Republican (sorry, but she is) and she is disgusted (and offended) by Trump. I guess she is more of the kind of Republican I remember “back in the day” of Eisenhower, even Nixon or even Bush I- both viewed as “moderates“ really. Now they are viewed as liberals by the far-right!!!

Sometimes I think about what Obama’s memoirs will be like in terms of his real feelings about his candidacy and as president in terms of how he has been treated and perceived as an African American. There is always scrutiny, but so many things thrown his way have simply been because of race. Did anyone ask Dumb-Dumb Dubya to show his SAT and LSAT scores, college grades and transcripts? Pat Robertson tonight on Hardball put that out there! He also said Obama was just a product of Affirmative Action. Hummm… he doesn’t think that Bush had some help getting into Yale, however. This stuff makes me crazy when I think of the old boys network and “family” ties through generations of white, rich Ivy Leaguers.

Whoops- Pat Buchanan ... Isshhhh...

AtLast
04-27-2011, 12:21 PM
http://www.mercurynews.com/breaking-news/ci_17939005?source=rss&nclick_check=1

White House releases Obama birth certificate
By Julia Pace

Associated Press

Posted: 04/27/2011 06:17:38 AM PDT
Updated: 04/27/2011 11:01:03 AM PDT

WASHINGTON -- Responding to critics' relentless claims, President Barack Obama on Wednesday produced a detailed Hawaii birth certificate in an extraordinary attempt to bury the issue of where he was born and confirm his legitimacy to hold office. He declared, "We do not have time for this kind of silliness."

By going on national TV from the White House, Obama portrayed himself as a voice of reason amid a loud, lingering debate on his birth status. Though his personal attention to the issue elevated it as never before, Obama said to Republican detractors and the media, it is time to move on to bigger issues.

Citing huge budget decisions in Washington, Obama said, "I am confident that the American people and America's political leaders can come together in a bipartisan way and solve these problems. We always have. But we're not going to be able to do it if we are distracted."

Obama spoke shortly after the White House released a copy of the long form of his birth certificate, which contains more extensive data than a version released earlier.

The certificate says Obama was born to an American mother and Kenyan father, in Hawaii, which makes him eligible to hold the office of president. Obama released a standard short form before he was elected in 2008 but requested copies of his original birth certificate from Hawaii officials this week in hopes of quieting the controversy.

Until Wednesday, the White House had insisted that the short form certificate was the appropriate legal document confirming Obama's birth and no further proof was needed.

But so-called "birthers" opposed to Obama have kept the issue alive. Potential Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump recently began questioning why Obama hadn't ensured the long form was released.

From New Hampshire, Trump took credit for getting Obama to act. "He should have done it a long time ago. I am really honored to play such a big role in hopefully, hopefully getting rid of this issue," Trump said.

Polls show large numbers of Republicans have continued to doubt Obama is a natural born citizen eligible to be president. Trump has seized on the issue as he weighs a GOP candidacy.

While Obama and White House officials avoided mentioning Trump by name, officials said they released the birth certificate partially because the issue had moved beyond fringe discussion, and Obama criticized a media culture that had not let the story go.

"This issue has been going on for two, two and a half years now. I think it started during the campaign," Obama said. "I have watched with bemusement, I've been puzzled at the degree at which this thing just kept on going."

"We're not going to be able to solve our problems if we get distracted by sideshows and carnival barkers," the president said.

He did not take any questions and did not say why the document had not been released earlier.

Many Republican leaders have sought to distance themselves from the "birther" theory as a discredited notion not worthy of national public debate.

In a statement after Obama spoke, Republican National Committee Chairman Reince Priebus called the issue a distraction -- and yet blamed Obama for playing campaign politics by addressing it.

"The president ought to spend his time getting serious about repairing our economy," Priebus said. "Unfortunately his campaign politics and talk about birth certificates is distracting him from our number one priority -- our economy."

The newly released certificate is signed by the delivery doctor, Obama's mother and the local registrar. His mother, then 18, signed her name (Stanley) Ann Dunham Obama.

The form says Barack Hussein Obama II was born at 7:24 p.m. on Aug. 4, 1961, at Kapiolani Maternity and Gynecological Hospital, within the city limits of Honolulu.

There's no mention of religion. It says his father, Barack Hussein Obama, age 25, was African and born in Kenya and his mother was Caucasian and born in Wichita, Kan. Obama's mother and the doctor signed the certificate on Aug. 7 and 8.

Hawaii's registrar certified the new photocopy of the document provided to the White House on April 25, 2011.

The White House also released a letter from the president on April 22 requesting two certified copies of his original certificate of live birth. Also released was a letter from Loretta Fuddy, Hawaii's director of health, approving the request.

The president's personal counsel, Judith Corley, traveled to Hawaii to pick up the documents and carried them back to Washington on a plane. The documents arrived at the White House around 5 p.m. Tuesday.

----

Rockinonahigh
04-27-2011, 03:33 PM
I while ago I watched a news report that the Donald was crowing about Obama finaly puting out th birth certifacate that he was puffed up lie a kinderguarden bully about how he had done what so many couldnt...He is such a jerk.

AtLast
04-27-2011, 03:51 PM
I while ago I watched a news report that the Donald was crowing about Obama finaly puting out th birth certifacate that he was puffed up lie a kinderguarden bully about how he had done what so many couldnt...He is such a jerk.

His ego has no bounds. I bet he has dreams of a flashing neon sign above the White House that says "Trump Towers." I knew he would puff up with this.

girl_dee
04-27-2011, 05:09 PM
He sure is getting a lot of attention for doing what? Nothing substantial.

Corkey
04-27-2011, 06:19 PM
I tried contacting NBC...yea their remarks page is down, I wonder why..LOL Looser.

WILDCAT
04-29-2011, 10:42 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_theticket/20110427/ts_yblog_theticket/birth-certificate-wont-end-race-related-attacks-on-the-president

:moonstars:

Heart
04-30-2011, 07:13 AM
What Trump really is -- is a white supremacist racist who might as well be wearing a KKK uniform and burning a cross on the White House lawn.

Goo
04-30-2011, 08:24 AM
Donald Trump has no sense of what the middle/lower class is going through. If he was to ever walk a mile in a middle/lower class citizen's shoes, it would hopefully open his eyes tremendously, it would most likely take him off his pedestal that he hoisted himself on.
See how he likes living on a fixed income, no luxuries, or no expensive travel. See how he likes going to food pantries and having to work a 9-5 job. Then he would see what it's truly like to be struggling to make ends meet.
I would never in a million years vote for him, just seems idiotic to me for him to run in the first place. Every interview I've seen him in he's either attacking someone or just being a complete douche

Sorry, just had to share my personal opinion

...and now back to your regularly scheduled programming now in progress...

MsDemeanor
04-30-2011, 01:41 PM
Where's the lively discussion about TPaw? RomneyCare, anyone? Whatever he is, it's working, as I don't see threads for all of the other 2012 GOP wanna-runs. From SarahP to DonaldT, the loudmouths get the attention. And if you don't think someone like him stands a chance in an election, you haven't been paying attention.

AtLast
04-30-2011, 02:09 PM
Where's the lively discussion about TPaw? RomneyCare, anyone? Whatever he is, it's working, as I don't see threads for all of the other 2012 GOP wanna-runs. From SarahP to DonaldT, the loudmouths get the attention. And if you don't think someone like him stands a chance in an election, you haven't been paying attention.

Good point. The group of GOP "serious" candidates are not even being talked about by the GOP!! That says something to me about the possibility of Trump or someone like him actually pulling off the GOP nomination. Or, making a pretty good run as an independent. Let's not forget that most people that have turned Independent were Republican and thought their party was not conservative enough!

I wonder about the eventual GOP VP candidate, too. I honestly think that someone like Trump could be elected president and it is really dumb to not pay attention to what is going on as 2012 possibles emerge.

Also, there are some very serious legislatuve attempts (again and always) to block voter registration drives in red and swing states. Most are obviously to stop POC and poor people from getting to vote.

With gas prices and the unemployment rate where it remains along with stats about how most people just don't see a recovery going on (it isn't for them), there is no way I would take Obama's re-election or the Dems taking back the House (or keeping a majority in the Senate) for granted. And most people do not get that a president cannot really do a thing to influence gas prices- they don't understand OPEC at all.

I know people I worked along side in 2008 at Obama phone banks that don't know if they want to put that effort in for him in 2012.

AtLast
04-30-2011, 09:03 PM
Just watched some clips from the annual correspondents dinner- or "roast." The Donald didn't take the shots from Seth Meyers or Obama well. Obama showed a clip from The Lion King" as his "birth video." It was very funny- especially with the African background music.

I'm sure Trump will talk about how he was the brunt of a lot of the jokes- you know, because he is so important. Probably talk about what an important candidate he is- has Obama scared.

Obama was really cracking up- and he had some funny Biden joles himself.

Toughy
04-30-2011, 09:24 PM
Gary Johnson, Republican, former Governor of New Mexico has announced his running for President. He thinks pot should be completely legal. He wants all kids on an education vouchers. He made all his money (construction company) from state government construction contracts.

http://www.garyjohnson2012.com/ warning: his homepage picture is really scarey!!

:blueheels:

AtLast
04-30-2011, 09:44 PM
Gary Johnson, Republican, former Governor of New Mexico has announced his running for President. He thinks pot should be completely legal. He wants all kids on an education vouchers. He made all his money (construction company) from state government construction contracts.

http://www.garyjohnson2012.com/ warning: his homepage picture is really scarey!!

Yup.... scarey!

Side note- Members living in states (one id Florida) in which legislation is being introduced to stop voter registration drives with things like requiring a federal identification card- please write to your legislative representatives.

RockOn
04-30-2011, 10:19 PM
Trump's just another common bratty ass-wipe who happens to be wealthy and has the mind to wrangle in $$$ by way of non-ethical methods. Everything about this bastard repulses me. If I see his face on TV, I cannot grope for the remote fast enough.

Isadora
04-30-2011, 10:26 PM
As I have said before...

Has anyone noticed how Charlie Sheen and Donald Trump sound a lot alike?

AtLast
05-01-2011, 02:28 AM
As I have said before...

Yup, cut from the same cloth!

Gayla
05-01-2011, 02:42 AM

Good god but that's an awful picture of him.

Oddly enough, I really can't remember much about him. I vaguely recall that he was pretty moderate on many social issues and even though they are in the same business (somewhat), he's very not Trump like. For some reason, I think I really liked his wife but I can't remember why. If we are doomed to a Republican, I can think of worse choices. Which means he probably won't make it much past Iowa.

AtLast
05-01-2011, 01:30 PM
I think we ought to be watching TPaw. Just keep thinking he could sneak right up to the top of the GOP nomination field. Romney is not going to carry the Tea Party types and he was really quite a moderate as Mass. govenor- then there is the health care reforms he made that are related to what Obama was able to get through.

Frankly, as much as it bothers me to think about it, I do think Obama is pretty vulnerable for re-election. I also can see a different VP running mate for him (no, not Hillary Clinton).

Unemployment, gas prices, Libya..... all will hurt Obama if things continue in the same way. And I don't know if there will be the numbers of young voters out there for him like in 2008. They were critical for his election.

I hope that the negative town halls continue for GOP House members voting for the Ryan plan. I think Reid should push a vote in the Senate. LOL, thinking that the wrath of pissed off retirees could be a very good thing!

Billy
05-01-2011, 01:43 PM
As I have said before...

I think the Donald is a adult bully , and him and charlie are on the same shit , just sayin :)

AtLast
05-01-2011, 01:51 PM
I think the Donald is a adult bully , and him and charlie are on the same shit , just sayin :)

Yeah, egomania..

WILDCAT
05-01-2011, 11:30 PM
Yeah, egomania..

Really.

*Waiting for him to next claim responsibility for Osama Bin Laden's death... (or protest that this historical "Breaking News" cut into the ending of his apprentice show tonight - the "really" important thing that he is responsible for, saying "you're fired" once a week on reality TV)!

Martina
05-02-2011, 12:27 AM
k8TwRmX6zs4

violaine
05-02-2011, 12:35 AM
[QUOTE=Martina;331518]k8TwRmX6zs4

priceless-- where are biggie and tupac?

AtLast
05-02-2011, 01:37 AM
Really.

*Waiting for him to next claim responsibility for Osama Bin Laden's death... (or protest that this historical "Breaking News" cut into the ending of his apprentice show tonight - the "really" important thing that he is responsible for, saying "you're fired" once a week on reality TV)!

LMAO!!!

:hangloose:

Martina
05-02-2011, 04:59 PM
http://content.usatoday.com/communities/onpolitics/post/2011/04/donald-trump-president-f-bomb-nevada-/1?csp=obinsite

Kätzchen
12-24-2019, 11:23 PM
I saw a "guest" reading this forum thread, so I clicked on the link and read this thread tonight. OMG, I was SO busy with graduating with my master's degree back in 2011, that I somehow missed this community discussion on 'you-know-who'.

Corkey nailed it and I agree with many insightful observations posted by members of our community.

Medusa asked what any member thought about 'you-know-who' (see Medusa's opening post on page 1 of this thread). I never watched his TV show ever. I saw commercials about it, back then, but once I saw a commercial for his TV show, I basically thought to myself: "Why would anyone ever watch that show except to (…)?"

I think T^^^p is more than a bully, and is intoxicatedly drunk on the attention accorded to him: chief among a litany of many reasons I could list here (but won't).

Robert Reich penned an article that I think nails it down, in fairly precise terms. If anyone is interested in reading this article, it was published February of 2019 (almost a year ago now) and can be found by clicking the link embedded ~~~>>>>>>> (HERE (https://prospect.org/power/dictator-trump/)).

homoe
02-03-2020, 09:38 AM
Trump tweets........

"Congratulations to the Kansas City Chiefs on a great game and a fantastic comeback under immense pressure," Trump wrote. "We are proud of you and the Great State of Kansas. You are true Champions!"

I think this proves he's no genius! Perhaps his cohort Mike Pompeo could help by showing him Arrowhead Stadium on a map!

~ocean
02-03-2020, 02:46 PM
I REFUSE to give Trump the Neilson rating on tomorrow nights State of the Union Address

~ocean
02-03-2020, 02:49 PM
I REFUSE to give Trump the Neilson rating on tomorrow nights State of the Union Address

I just thought the Address will probably be featured on ALL OF THE PRESIDENTS LIES ! the modern day pinocchio except his ass grows larger and he turns orange ~

homoe
02-03-2020, 05:39 PM
I just thought the Address will probably be featured on ALL OF THE PRESIDENTS LIES ! the modern day pinocchio except his ass grows larger and he turns orange ~

...:goodpost:.....

homoe
02-04-2020, 09:36 AM
28RAKDIwRyw

Did President Trump forget the words to the national anthem?

President Trump was caught in a new video fidgeting, adjusting his chair and pretending to conduct a band during the rendition of “The Star-Spangled Banner” Sunday at his Super Bowl 2020 watch party in Florida.

The 50-second clip, shows Trump fiddling around as he stands between first lady Melania Trump and their teenage son, Barron — who are both still, with their hands over their hearts.

homoe
09-28-2020, 09:52 AM

Thoughts?

Well he himself has proven he's no genius!

Now a first class lair, cheat, and vindictive asshole, that I'll buy...:hangloose:

C0LLETTE
09-28-2020, 03:35 PM
An inch is as good as a mile.

Trump's no genius. He's just a tenth of an IQ point smarter than most of the redundant American Media and, till now, it's been enough.

Trump gets foot fungus. Some intrepid reporter gets a news breaking byline. CNN et al fill 2 hours of a vacuum in a 24 hour news cycle. Ten pundits get paid.