PDA

View Full Version : 8 horses killed, set on fire / anti hate crime

morningstar55
04-27-2011, 05:29 AM
everyone knows here how much of a horse nut i am ......
but even if i wasnt this is the most awful news i seen in a while.
i think humans are the most abusing /hateful animals on this earth.

Eight horses - one just a week old and another ready to give birth - died in a raging barn fire in Ohio that lawmen think was set because of hatred for gays.

Brent Whitehouse of McConnelsville said an orange glow outside his home on Easter night drew him to the horror.

"I ran out there, but the doors of my barn wouldn't open and suddenly, flames were shooting up through the roof. That barn was gone in five minutes," he told the Zanesville Times Recorder.

The flames were so hot a tractor inside the barn melted.

Still visible on the remains of the gutted barn's walls Tuesday were spray-painted epithets such as "fags are freaks" and "burn in hell," the newspaper reported.

Because Whitehouse is gay and fire marshals determined the blaze was arson, the scrawlings were enough for authorities to launch an investigation into whether a hate crime had been committed.

The value of the horses was said to be in hundreds of thousands of dollars but Whitehouse, who owns an insurance company in the tiny village in southeastern Ohio, was hurt far more by the loss of Elvis, Barney, Love, Bella and Ethel, Floyd and Princess and her week-old foal, Buddy.

"The barn I can rebuild, but the bond I had with those horses can't be replaced," said Whitehouse

"Whoever did this had to walk right by all those horses, including the baby, and didn't care that they were killing a gentle, loving animal," he told the newspaper.

"I just don't understand someone wanting to kill innocent animals. It's like killing a child."

Of the messages on the barn, Whitehouse could only shake his head and say, "They were hateful,"

A reward of $5,000,sponsored by the Ohio FAIR Plan Underwriting Association, was put up Tuesday in hopes it will bring information leading to whoever set the barn ablaze.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/2011/04/27/2011-04-27_eight_horses_killed_in_ohio_barn_fire_in_appare nt_antigay_hate_crime_attack.html

iamkeri1
04-27-2011, 08:18 AM
This is sick and sad. How can one justify to oneself the killing of innocent animals out of hatred for their owner?

Sadly,
Keri

The_Lady_Snow
04-27-2011, 09:01 AM
Good gawd this makes me' sick for him!!!!

Sachita
04-27-2011, 09:04 AM
The reality is that among us there are "things" or "parasites" that never evolved into human-beings. They have no morals or consciousness therefore unable to even have an ounce of compassion. These sub-human beings are dangerous and should be sought out and severely disabled in recreating the crimes they commit.

DomnNC
04-27-2011, 09:15 AM
That's just sickening. I agree with you Sachita, they are indeed sub-human parasites.

EnderD_503
04-27-2011, 09:18 AM
Read about this yesterday and couldn't believe it. There are some really fucking crazy people in this world. I hope they find whoever did this.

Glenn
04-27-2011, 10:39 AM
A deeply disturbed psychopath and a chicken s*** coward who should be put down in my opinion.

This is sick and sad. How can one justify to oneself the killing of innocent animals out of hatred for their owner?

Sadly,
Keri

Ebon
04-27-2011, 10:44 AM
This is so sad. Horses are beautiful strong animals. I feel sorry for Mr. Whitestone. It's amazing the what fear and ignorance will make people do.

Andrew, Jr.
04-27-2011, 02:32 PM
This makes me very sad. I just don't understand people.

Rockinonahigh
04-27-2011, 02:52 PM
Reading this wasnt the high point of my day,I hope the low life pond scum is found,that his just reward is fast in comeing.I have known some ppl who have beed horse whiped for way less being done to animals for what ever the reason..sometimes vigalanty justice is the only justice, tho I am not sugesting anyone do this..I do hope the proper authoritys will find and fully prosecute them or him to the max.I feel deeply for the horses and more so for the owner as I know his pain is great.I cant tell any of you how pissed I am about whats been done.

Starbuck
04-27-2011, 09:21 PM
Tthis is a very sad thing that happened. It's hard to believe there are animals who call themselves human that can kill innocent horses. I hope the perpetrator(s) are caught and strung up by their balls!

JAGG
04-28-2011, 02:56 AM
ABOSLUTELY UNREAL!!!!!! It amazes me how some people can even look at themselves in the mirror. Unreal. I know these warped individuals will be caught.

Gemme
04-28-2011, 07:31 PM
Absolutely sickening.