PDA

View Full Version : Ebons Natural Transition Online Journal (its not a diary!!)

Ebon
07-29-2011, 03:16 PM
Has anyone else read up on this? I'm in the process of doing this and so far I feel pretty good. I think it is a nice alternative to be able to boost T levels naturally. The guy that was the guinea pig for this has had some great results.

It is best to consult a doctor of course before you put anything into your body and watch your blood pressure etc...

It's basically diet, supplements and exercise. I've been doing the exercises but I started the supplements on Monday. I'll let yall know how it goes once a week in this here thread.

It's only been a few days but my voice has been cracking, I have more energy, my sideburns are growing (more out than down but hey I'll take it). When I do my weight training I notice now that I don't want to stop when I do stop like my body wants to go more. This wasn't happening before. I don't know if I was just lazy or if anything that I am taking made that change. So far that is it. I'll be doing update videos (for myself) every month with changes. I think if I do them too often then I will get frustrated because nothing will be happening. I guess I don't want to watch grass grow.

Queerasfck
07-29-2011, 04:35 PM
Has anyone else read up on this? I'm in the process of doing this and so far I feel pretty good. I think it is a nice alternative to be able to boost T levels naturally. The guy that was the guinea pig for this has had some great results.

It is best to consult a doctor of course before you put anything into your body and watch your blood pressure etc...

It's basically diet, supplements and exercise. I've been doing the exercises but I started the supplements on Monday. I'll let yall know how it goes once a week in this here thread.

It's only been a few days but my voice has been cracking, I have more energy, my sideburns are growing (more out than down but hey I'll take it). When I do my weight training I notice now that I don't want to stop when I do stop like my body wants to go more. This wasn't happening before. I don't know if I was just lazy or if anything that I am taking made that change. So far that is it. I'll be doing update videos (for myself) every month with changes. I think if I do them too often then I will get frustrated because nothing will be happening. I guess I don't want to watch grass grow.

Hey Ebon,

I have never heard of this. Would you care to elaborate more on what kind of supplements you are taking? Also, in terms of weight training, had you been going to gym previously or are you starting from scratch with your lifting and exercises. Thanks in advance for sharing this.

atomiczombie
07-29-2011, 04:37 PM

That's awesome, keep us posted on your progress!!

Corkey
07-29-2011, 04:42 PM
What supplements please?

Greco
07-29-2011, 05:12 PM
Ebon,

Best of luck to you with this, natural is a good way to go.

Greco

Linus
07-29-2011, 05:35 PM
I had actually tried this before choosing to medically. Various "testosterone" boosting herbs can be used to help increase T, there is a balance that would need to be done and there still is a risk to one's liver. Ensure that you get your liver checked a couple of times a year, if at all possible.

The main challenge I found was that this method plateaus and can only go so far for transition.

Ebon
07-29-2011, 08:29 PM
1. Lipo 6X: It's a fat burner but I don't think I am going to use this one anymore as I don't like the way it makes me feel.

2. ZMA (or) B-6, Zinc, Magnesium: Workout recovery

3. Tribulus Terrestris The T booster

4. DHEA: Also a round about way to boost T. This one is controversial though.

5. Milk Thistle: For my liver
6. Fish Oil: For my heart, eyes and bones and other things. I have to be careful with this one because of mercury content in the fish oil. Some places that provide the supplements are not 3rd party tested.
7. Flax Oil: Heart
8. Allicin Garlic: I eat real raw garlic for this one. I usually just through a couple of chopped up cloves onto my meals after they are cooked. I also have these in pill form but the allicin is usually too diluted to do any good.
9. Multi-Vitamin: Just because
10. Dandelion: Also for liver.

Lots of stuff but so far so good(minus the Lipo stuff). I'm just trying it out and whatever doesn't jive with me then out it goes. I try to buy supplements that don't contain any crap so I have researched some companies that use veggie capsules and try to buy their stuff. It's more expensive but it is worth it in the long run.

Ezee: My workout I was doing stuff at the gym with free weights before but now I do resistance workouts with bands. I thought those wouldn't work but they actually do get the job done and I get sore. I do exercises that focus on muscles that will make my physique more masculine. There is a free exercise website called liveexercise.com that I use to workout at home.

I had a nice long chat with my body before I started this and we are working together to keep itself healthy. Diet is also important while I am doing this. There is more that goes with it than just taking supplements.

DapperButch
07-29-2011, 09:11 PM
The dash site has a long, very good thread on this.

It is called Green Masculinity - Herbs and Naturopathy as Change Agents. Or something very very close to that.

There was a guy on there...first his name was one thing and then it changed it to Captain Longjack, or something like that, who was doing this stuff. A good, yet long read. Really worth it, I think.

Over time he became a bit disenchanted, due to what linus said, but there is still A LOT of information on that thread. I can't remember what forum it is in, though.

I do remember him being big on ginger chews. He would have one in the morning and one in the afternoon, saying that they lowered his voice. He had to be consistent taking it though, as it was a short-acting fix.

A word on Tribulus... my understanding is that if a female takes too much, it will start to actually causes the body to produce more estrogen. Where is this line? I don't know...I didn't get that far in my research as I came to the conclusion that I didn't want to take the risks associated with going this route. Herbs are just as powerful as western medicine, and people forget that all the time.

Ebon, your list looks like safe stuff to me (well like you said, the DHEA is controversial), but some of the other stuff I have read about, I have wondered about.

I wish you the best of luck, buddy! P.S. What is the name of the guy who was the "guinea pig"? I am assuming that you are following a specific plan?

Ebon
07-29-2011, 09:32 PM
The dash site has a long, very good thread on this.

It is called Green Masculinity - Herbs and Naturopathy as Change Agents. Or something very very close to that.

There was a guy on there...first his name was one thing and then it changed it to Captain Longjack, or something like that, who was doing this stuff. A good, yet long read. Really worth it, I think.

Over time he became a bit disenchanted, due to what linus said, but there is still A LOT of information on that thread. I can't remember what forum it is in, though.

I do remember him being big on ginger chews. He would have one in the morning and one in the afternoon, saying that they lowered his voice. He had to be consistent taking it though, as it was a short-acting fix.

A word on Tribulus... my understanding is that if a female takes too much, it will start to actually causes the body to produce more estrogen. Where is this line? I don't know...I didn't get that far in my research as I came to the conclusion that I didn't want to take the risks associated with going this route. Herbs are just as powerful as western medicine, and people forget that all the time.

Ebon, your list looks like safe stuff to me (well like you said, the DHEA is controversial), but some of the other stuff I have read about, I have wondered about.

I wish you the best of luck, buddy! P.S. What is the name of the guy who was the "guinea pig"? I am assuming that you are following a specific plan?

Never been to the dash site but I keep hearing about it. lol

Yes there is a specific plan designed not to take too much of anything and just enough to see changes over time. I know it's going to take a long time but it's worth the wait. I used to drink heavily so I'm sure my liver would rather have to deal with supplements over alcohol, although I will keep an eye on how it's doing with all of this. I also juice veggies and fruit (almost) everyday to get my correct daily amounts.

DapperButch
07-30-2011, 10:19 AM
Never been to the dash site but I keep hearing about it. lol

Yes there is a specific plan designed not to take too much of anything and just enough to see changes over time. I know it's going to take a long time but it's worth the wait. I used to drink heavily so I'm sure my liver would rather have to deal with supplements over alcohol, although I will keep an eye on how it's doing with all of this. I also juice veggies and fruit (almost) everyday to get my correct daily amounts.

Well, if you ever want to check out the thread, send the Gemme!

I wish you the best of luck, my friend. Hears to hoping it keeps working for you! :beerbros:

Linus
07-30-2011, 10:28 AM
http://web.archive.org/web/20061224155645/http://home.earthlink.net/~sbartone/CaptainLongjack.html <--- an archive of Cap'n LongJacks' site. I actually had used some of his suggestions for it.

DapperButch
07-30-2011, 11:39 AM
http://web.archive.org/web/20061224155645/http://home.earthlink.net/~sbartone/CaptainLongjack.html <--- an archive of Cap'n LongJacks' site. I actually had used some of his suggestions for it.

Linus! Thanks for finding and posting this. I had remembered he had a site, but couldn't find it. I had forgotten about the wayback machine. It is useful to have this site b/c then one doesn't have to wade through that long thread on the dash site to see the shifting reccomendations from this person, plus many people wouldn't consider going back to the dash site for any reason.

I think I will go back to the dash site to see the date of the last post made, as I am curious as to knowing his final, final thoughts on the subject, as they were ever shifting with his meticulous and methodical research.

Thanks again for thinking to seek this out.

P.S. Ebon, if you find you are not getting all you seek with your current regimen, you may want to try some of this.

Linus
08-01-2011, 10:35 AM
http://www.lulu.com/product/paperback/natural-transitioning-an-ftm-alternative/16349055

Just saw this. I might get it just to support and see what it has to say. :)

Ebon
08-01-2011, 12:20 PM
http://www.lulu.com/product/paperback/natural-transitioning-an-ftm-alternative/16349055

Just saw this. I might get it just to support and see what it has to say. :)

I already have it. This is the model that I'm going on.

Ebon
08-01-2011, 01:32 PM
Not many so far, not that I expected there to be. My side burns (which I'm obsessed with) are getting there. I mean it's not like anything massive but I can tell a very small difference. I'm only going to weight myself once a month because I'm working on building muscle and muscle weighs more than fat and it will make me depressed to get on the scale to find that I have not lost weight or gained weight. I do measure myself and so far it is working. I actually met my goal as far as my waist and chest goes.

As far as the supplements goes I stopped taking the Lipo6 it was making me have anxiety attacks and making my heart pound. I had an upset stomach and kept running to the toilet. I stopped taking it and after a day and a half I felt fine. It was just a fat burner so it shouldn't affect the transition process. My voice is cracking a bit and I pass on the phone 100% compared to before I started it was like 50/50. I feel fine though so far. I might switch up my exercise program. Until next week!

Daktari
08-01-2011, 01:54 PM
Sorry...a pound of muscle weighs exactly the same as a pound of fat.

Muscle however is denser and therefore you can build lean body mass but weigh more.

*suscribing* I look forward to hearing more about this Ebon.

Ryobi
08-02-2011, 08:03 AM
Hey Ebon. Good luck on this journey. I have posted some stuff on the dash site (last 2 or 3 pages) on the very thread talked about here, I've been doing herbal for years. (6) The two most important things I have found to be true are, Research and more research is essential to do on each pill you swallow. (that's when I stopped using DHEA) and, if the supplement has a cycling process, it's important to do that.

Pay some attention to estrogen blockers, without them, you're only getting a fraction of the T you're making and creating more estrogen. (I talked more about this in the other thread.)

I still use Tbomb 2 most often.

Welcome to hormone fuckery! :fastdraq:

Ebon
08-02-2011, 08:08 AM
Hey Ebon. Good luck on this journey. I have posted some stuff on the dash site (last 2 or 3 pages) on the very thread talked about here, I've been doing herbal for years. (6) The two most important things I have found to be true are, Research and more research is essential to do on each pill you swallow. (that's when I stopped using DHEA) and, if the supplement has a cycling process, it's important to do that.

Pay some attention to estrogen blockers, without them, you're only getting a fraction of the T you're making and creating more estrogen. (I talked more about this in the other thread.)

I still use Tbomb 2 most often.

Welcome to hormone fuckery! :fastdraq:

Thanks Ryobi.

Ebon
08-07-2011, 08:43 PM
Starting Week 3, end of week 2

No major changes to report. I feel good. I'm going to replace the OxyPro with L-Carnitine and see how that works starting tomorrow. Diet change is going well I allow myself one meal per week of cheating but I try not to go too far with it. This week I'm a bit more organized I made a lunch and dinner menu and went shopping for the items that I needed. Gemme gets to eat whatever I cook so she is lucky(or unlucky depending on how it tastes). lol The workout is going well I hit my chest and waist goals inches wise. They actually went down more than my goal was set at so it's going really well in that aspect. I think I'm going to amp up the amount of cardio that I do though. All in all I actually feel pretty good. Better than before I started. Nothing bad to report. The meditation that I do helps keep me in a great mood so I haven't experienced any major mood swings or anything. Until next week!

Ebon

Ebon
08-15-2011, 10:49 AM
Supps
Going into week 4. I've gained more muscle mass (I'm going to use that as an excuse for the weight gain because my clothes don't fit any tighter and my measurements are not going up). I've been a super horn dog. The L-Carnitine is better than the Lipo 6 because it doesn't make me feel crazy or anxious or like my body is shutting down. I haven't felt like that since I last smoked pot and thought I was about to die. It was some good shit. Anyway nothing really new to report. I haven't noticed anything major, good or bad.

Diet
I am trying to listen to my body as far as my diet goes to see what it needs but I think it's probably also my mind asking for ice cream, cookies, cheese fries etc...I've decided to answer with something healthy, sugar will get fruit, cheese fries will get, well I don't know what the hell would equal that but you get the idea.

Exercise
Exercise is good! I'm going strong with my weight/resistance training. I am going to change up my cardio this week and see how I do.

I will also report on the DHEA affects because I have to bring it up to 50mg instead of the 25 that I was taking. I hope it doesn't make me cranky. Still passing on the phone at work 100% of the time. I'm not trying to either so that's pretty cool. Unfortunately though it makes me not want to leave the house. :|

Until next week!

Ebon
08-25-2011, 10:34 PM
Forgot to do my update.

Supps
Going into week 5. I switched up to 75 mg of DHEA this week and I don't feel any different. I'm going to start on the Tribulus 750. I only take two of those instead of 3.

Diet
Oh my god I'm so struggling with this. I get bored with salads all the time. I mean I make some good healthy recipes and juice veggies but sometimes I just want a damn burger and fries. I'm taking it one day at a time and trying not to beat myself up if I do have a burger. I don't get sugar cravings much but I buy Green & Blacks Organic Dark Chocolate because it has antioxidants and other minerals that are good for the body. Plus it calms the craving for sugar when I do get it. I don't eat the whole bar in one sitting though.

Exercise
Going strong. I actually love the resistance training I feel really good after doing it. I'm bulking up a bit too. I'll keep on keeping on. Hope everyone is well.

Peace
Ebon

Ebon
09-05-2011, 01:58 PM
Giving my system a break this week. No troubles just giving my system a break, letting my liver chill until next week.

Next week I'm adding homeopathic t cream as a my t booster along with the other stuff to switch it up a bit until the next 5 weeks then go back to the trib terris.

Ebon
09-29-2011, 05:19 PM
It's been awhile huh? lol

The homeopathic cream that I mentioned in my last post seems to be working better than the tribulus so I'm going to keep it in place of the tribulus. All the other supplements remain the same. I've added creatine as well.

Working out has continued, I'm doing P90x now and I love the format of it and so far it's going well.

With the food I am able to taste grease in take-out food so I eat at home as much as possible except subway just tastes like a sammich. I also found these baby food capri sun type things that I eat for fruit and veggies if I don't have time to eat something grown up. They cost $1, they are organic and they are pretty good.

My sideburns are growing more and for some odd reason I feel like I bind better. It could just be psychological or it could be the cream or the work outs. No facial hair though.

Honestly I'm becoming impatient and I've made a doctors appointment. I'm going to ask her for the shots. If she says no for whatever reason then I will continue this way. If I do get the shots I will continue taking some of the supplements, doing the work out and continue the food. I will just cut out the extra T boosters.

Peace
Ebon