PDA

View Full Version : Republicans boo gay soldier during debate

iamkeri1
09-23-2011, 05:49 PM
During last night's republican debates, audience members boo'ed Stephen Hill, a gay soldier currently serving in Iraq. None of the presidential candidates challenged the booing.

I have no words to tell you how I feel about this.

Smooches to you Stephen Hill!
Keri

Linus
09-23-2011, 05:53 PM
Wow. Way to support the troops, Republicans.

Abigail Crabby
09-23-2011, 06:06 PM
It's so nice to know I was always right about the Republicans.......

BOO on their lack of class......

always2late
09-23-2011, 06:26 PM
Sigh...between the boo-ing of a soldier and the cheering at the thought of someone dying because of lack of insurance...is there any doubt that these are heartless, despicable people? What REALLY disturbs me is the complete silence from the candidates during, and immediately after, these incidents! You can't control what a crowd does...but you CAN condemn their actions. The fact that they ALL chose to remain silent speaks volumes about their character, and about who they are truly representing.

Diva
09-23-2011, 06:58 PM
What we sensible folk must ~ MUST DO is to campaign against this hate~filled, moronic mindset with every fiber of our being.

If we do NOT become vocal out THERE <pointing to the world> then we deserve what we get if one of those idiots becomes president. And remember, more than likely, another one of them could very well become our Vice President.

And if one of those idiots becomes president, please come bail me out. Or not. I could make a lot of noise in jail, too. But I want a t~shirt that says "Subversives 'R' Us", please......and thank You.

*Anya*
09-23-2011, 07:11 PM
They are so despicable I am at a loss for words.

I guess they only give a shit about straight soldiers dying, losing limbs or coming home with PTSD from Iraq or Afghanistan.

suebee
09-23-2011, 07:45 PM
Santorum's response to the question posed by the soldier made absolutely no sense. To him, equal rights somehow translate into "special" rights. And his comment: "sex has no place in the military"....? WTF? Does that mean that NO soldier should be a sexual being, or that he ONLY sees us as sexual beings? And did I mention that he didn't address the question?

Linus
09-23-2011, 07:52 PM
Santorum's response to the question posed by the soldier made absolutely no sense. To him, equal rights somehow translate into "special" rights. And his comment: "sex has no place in the military"....? WTF? Does that mean that NO soldier should be a sexual being, or that he ONLY sees us as sexual beings? And did I mention that he didn't address the question?

And, if sex has no place in the military why are there so many rapes of female soldiers by their own colleagues?

suebee
09-23-2011, 08:05 PM
May Santorum's name forever hold a place of public amusement in Wikipedia. :)

Ebon
09-23-2011, 08:32 PM
Yes what a bunch of winners, the candidates and the people in the audience. Like Diva said if one of them become president then it's our own fault. Unless they cheat of course like George W did.

Starbuck
09-23-2011, 08:40 PM
I didn't watch, couldn't watch because I knew there would be something that would piss me off, and of course, I was right. This kind of behavior is inexcusable and I agree with Anya, I guess the Republicans don't care that gays too die in combat or come home with life changing and debilitating problems like traumatic brain injuries and PTSD. I would have held some respect for any one of them that chastised the booing, but no, they all were as guilty as the ones doing the booing if you ask me! PATHETIC, JUST DOWN RIGHT PATHETIC!

Abigail Crabby
09-23-2011, 08:40 PM
It's so nice to know I was always right about the Republicans.......

BOO on their lack of class......

because a friend of mine is Republican I would like to restate my earlier opinion.

I know I am right about the Moral Majority Republicans. There are Republicans who are as Queer as I am who would never agree to what went on.

I apologize for generalizing........I should have been more succint in my post.

dykeumentary
09-23-2011, 08:59 PM
And, if sex has no place in the military why are there so many rapes of female soldiers by their own colleagues?
Friendly reminder that rape is not sex, I know that you know this Linus.

Me, my brother and other family members have all served in the Armed Services, so this topic is important to me. There is a LOT to say about the uses of the military, and who serves in it (accent on the word "serve"). I think we here all know that regardless of political party, if someone is willing to risk their life to protect the wealth ultra-rich people, and to sustain the illusion of "promoting democracy"....well, those soldiers should at least be allowed some minimal dignity regarding their romantic preferences.