PDA

View Full Version : JFK

Toughy
11-22-2011, 07:39 PM
48 years ago today he was killed. Nov 1963

I was born June 1952...10 years old.......I was home for lunch from the elementary school behind my house...I did not go back to school that day...my mom had on TV news and let us watch.....not normal during Vietnam......the kids were the remote for the TV....

was it the Texas mob?
was it random?
was it LBJ cuz he wanted to be the 'big guy'
blah blah blah reason....

And....

for those not alive......what does a Presidential assassination almost 50 yrs ago mean to you....

Corkey
11-22-2011, 07:47 PM
I was home sick, mumps my Grandma was watching her tv show when Cronkite told the world the news. She hugged me and cried. I remember watching Jackie try to reach for something, I now know what it was, and thinking, the car is moving you're going to fall out. At 5 things were simpler. In our home we mourned the loss of a great man, and listened for the truth.

Gráinne
11-22-2011, 07:50 PM
I was alive, but nine months old to the day.

I personally don't believe Lee Harvey Oswald acted alone, as he would have had to have been an amazing shot that day from that window. There's just too many reports of action on the knoll in front of the car, not only up in the book depository. So I do think it was a conspiracy, and a big one. However, a conspiracy of that size would surely have come out by now. Watergate, a much smaller operation, unraveled within a year.

I do remember Robert Kennedy and Martin Luther King assassinated later on in the 60's, the Vietnam protests at Kent State, the DNC in 1968, and the racial riots that occurred in my hometown. It makes the latest protests seem rather tame by comparison.

Toughy
11-22-2011, 08:56 PM
the documentary channel

A crisis:behind a presidential commintment

http://www.documentarychannel.com/movie.php?currID=10047&t=In-Search-of-Kennedy

Toughy
11-22-2011, 08:57 PM
pay attention.......if the President is absent.....none of this would happen

Obama is absent

Toughy
11-22-2011, 09:33 PM
follow the links.........

do the research

Vlasta
11-23-2011, 03:01 AM
This subject is so close to my hearth , I was very little child in a communist country and entire country was crying since we have been raised to love America . ( another story related to WW ll. )

I don't think at my age , I fully grasped a death/ assassination and what actually happened , but seeing my parents and everyone around crying , many flowers I remember the feeling that never left me . As I got older , I never gave up . I read books , watch documentaries and tried to made my own opinion . Call me paranoid since I grew up in such corrupted government , but I don't think Lee Harvey Oswald acted alone .

If you watch documentaries and certain people, witnesses such as confiscating films from they personal cameras and much more , I feel it was inside job . Since I am boo hoo femme , every time I see little John saluting his father at the funeral I cry .

I am aware about Kennedy's some dirty jobs as you will , but I didn't have a privilege to be inform until I escape from communism and I was free to do research on my own .

I am really interested into this subject from American society , I would like some feedback and info , please .

thank you

Vlasta
11-24-2011, 01:17 AM
This topic it's really interesting , I would love to hear from your POV .

thanks

iamkeri1
11-24-2011, 03:04 AM
It was a Friday. I was 16 years old. My Mom was on her way to pick me up at school to take me to get my drivers license. I got out at 1:15 that day. Just as class was letting out, the announcement was made over the P A that Kennedy had been shot. I went to an all-girls Catholic High School. We all burst into tears including the nun who was teaching us. Several girls collapsed. They did not know he was dead yet. When I went out to the car I was crying. My mom had just turned on the radio, and was not quite yet understanding what she was hearing, it was no startling. Then we were both crying. We decided that of course I could not go to get my license that day. There was such a feeling of uncertainty (somewhat akin to 911) The week before had been my birthday. My friend Pat and I shared the same birthday. We were going to go pick her up for the week-end. We called and her mother let her come (my mother would NEVER have let me be anywhere but home at such a solemn time.) We spent the next three days glued to the television. Listening, talking, trying to make sense of it. Crying crying and more crying. None of us slept much. I swear we never left the TV.

On Sunday, as they were bringing Oswald through the basement to transfer him to another jail, Jack Ruby stepped out of the crowd and shot him. A murder witnessed by millions.

Like those of us who lived through 911, those of us who kived through Jack Kennedy's assassination will never forget it

Smooches
Keri