PDA

View Full Version : Shortage of Butter in Norway~

kittygrrl
12-17-2011, 05:23 PM
Ok, I know this won't make anyone scared or worried, but did you know there is a shortage of butter in Norway? I guess Christmas baking will take a
licking :canadian: What's next?

Sassy
12-17-2011, 05:40 PM
Ok, I know this won't make anyone scared or worried, but did you know there is a shortage of butter in Norway? I guess Christmas baking will take a
licking :canadian: What's next?

Quick, someone call Paula Deen and ask her what she did with all the butter... ;)

kittygrrl
12-17-2011, 07:31 PM
lol..Sassy, seems too wierd that anything like that would happen, but I think we are all spoiled here, all of us are too young to remember any food shortages, but history will no doubt repeat itself..I think we would all die of shock to hear of any kind of food shortage here

1QuirkyKiwi
12-18-2011, 10:25 AM
I await the an email or text asking to bring Butter on Thursday....:|

WolfyOne
12-18-2011, 11:46 AM
I think they should just find a cow, extract the cream and shake well...sweet creamy butter

Gentle Tiger
12-18-2011, 11:50 AM
What caused the shortage? I understand the obvious about how butter is produced. And what is being done about it? I do think we go mad if we were told that here in the states.

Vlasta
12-18-2011, 11:52 AM
I think they should just find a cow, extract the cream and shake well...sweet creamy butter

Wolfy , they are baking in Europe like crazy .I usually do too , but not this year. And talking about expiration dates on products ? While growing up there expiration date didn't existed . I survived ;)

Ebon
12-18-2011, 11:59 AM
What caused the shortage? I understand the obvious about how butter is produced. And what is being done about it? I do think we go mad if we were told that here in the states.

A bunch of them went on a high fat low carb diet. That's what caused part of the shortage. They actually caught some Russian dude smuggling butter into Norway. rofl

No butter in Norway. (http://www.ajc.com/business/norwegians-battle-butter-shortage-1260182.html)

WolfyOne
12-18-2011, 12:01 PM
Wolfy , they are baking in Europe like crazy .I usually do too , but not this year. And talking about expiration dates on products ? While growing up there expiration date didn't existed . I survived ;)

Even more reason for them to own their own cow
Milk will not be wasted either
I bet they could find a lot of uses for a cow

Sassy
12-18-2011, 03:26 PM
Even more reason for them to own their own cow
Milk will not be wasted either
I bet they could find a lot of uses for a cow

I'd rather live butter and beef free than have to tend cows. *cringe* ;)

kittygrrl
12-18-2011, 03:50 PM

Hoarding..apparently butter is a hot commodity..it's an extreme northern country so fat is put in everything..I think Norway has seen its share of famine and not too long ago, the ancestral memory of it is no doubt still in their blood