PDA

View Full Version : What is the ickiest food you've eaten

Pages : [1] 2

kassykit
12-05-2009, 12:41 PM
I'd have to say microwaved tuna noodle casserole. :)

Julie
12-05-2009, 12:47 PM
Beets... They are the ugliest manifestation of a food particle I have ever experienced. They offend my visual, smell, taste and tactile senses. Really, who ever thought beets looked good on a plate?

kassykit
12-05-2009, 12:52 PM
ohh good one!

pickled pigs feet O_O
who thought of pickling a pigs foot?

Julie
12-05-2009, 12:56 PM
ohh good one!

pickled pigs feet O_O
who thought of pickling a pigs foot?

I believe Kassy... This is a long African American culture, primarily in the south. Though, I also thought it was German. LOL both cultures have claimed this, at least to me. They can have their pickled pigs feet - nasty.

kassykit
12-05-2009, 12:59 PM
twitch twitch twich yuck

MrSunshine
12-05-2009, 01:35 PM
The ickiest food I've eaten? It's hard for me to even put certain foods near myself let alone in my mouth. But the nastiest thing ever, boiled peanut. fo sho...caused a trip to the ER. Those things could gag a maggot!

Words
12-05-2009, 01:57 PM
A tiny bite of a Hershey bar.

Yuck.

hpychick
12-05-2009, 01:57 PM
The ickiest food I've ever eat is KimChee. *gags just thinking on it*

and I was raised in the south, so on the boiled peanuts, I love them! The pickled pigs feet were also eaten in our house...My jaws start aching just thinking about them...ick.

MrSunshine
12-05-2009, 02:02 PM
I'd eat kimchi over a damn boiled peanut any day! It's just hot rotten cabbage but those boiled peanuts have some kind of evil in em. :chasingzombie:

Zimmeh
12-05-2009, 03:04 PM
I would have to say liver, mushrooms and raw sushi...The Pickled pigs feet sound nasty to...

hpychick
12-05-2009, 03:33 PM
I'd eat kimchi over a damn boiled peanut any day! It's just hot rotten cabbage but those boiled peanuts have some kind of evil in em. :chasingzombie:

tastebuds are a funny thing.

Gemme
12-05-2009, 03:42 PM
Tripe. Pickled pig's feet. Most pickled meats, in fact. Boiled okra has the texture of snot. Liver, of course.

That's about all I can think of right now.

Lynn
12-05-2009, 04:22 PM
Baked oysters...saltine mush flavored like sea water with ooey, gooey oysters hidden inside. I don't get it.

Dean Thoreau
12-05-2009, 04:29 PM
this drink was bright green and had "tapioca things that looked like eyeballs"
omg.......................... gross.....it did not stay "eaten" long

Inuus
12-05-2009, 05:10 PM
Lamb fries...if you dont know what they are google them ;)

Sam
12-05-2009, 06:41 PM
Sushi lol:hendrix:

Julie
12-05-2009, 10:28 PM
When I was a kid we lived in Mexico -- I think, the ickiest food for the mind, just thinking about it - was goats head soup... But let me tell you - OMG, it was pure delight.

iamkeri1
12-05-2009, 10:52 PM
Well over on the "other" site, I ate a human arm.

Smooches,
Keri

hippieflowergirl
12-05-2009, 10:53 PM
rice with pig's blood

hpychick
12-05-2009, 11:07 PM
Lamb fries...if you dont know what they are google them ;)

I always think of the movie!!!!

BestButchBoy
02-13-2010, 06:47 AM
Anything in aspic.

tantalizingfemme
02-13-2010, 10:09 PM
:farmcow: tongue (tasted like corned beef)

Rocky Mountain Oysters

With exposure to such delicacies, it's no wonder I am now a vegetarian...:veggie:

VuDu
02-13-2010, 10:14 PM
Vegemite

ick and double ick

oh... and school cafeteria food. ;)

Kenna
02-13-2010, 10:17 PM
Scrapple... NASTY!!

Toughy
02-13-2010, 10:28 PM
live beetle bugs.........they crunch and bug guts ooze out and their legs wiggle in your mouth and down your throat..........shudder.........and yes I have eaten them for real........escape, evasion and survival course.....

========

and Rocky Mountain Oysters (if soaked in salt water immediately after detachment and then rinsed, dried, dredged in flour, then eggs, then flour again and fried in hot bacon drippings/grease) are damn tasty.........I always got to carry the bucket as a little kid during calf branding time at my great uncle's ranch...........they rope the calf, tie it down, I run out with the salt water bucket, snip snip and in the bucket, then I run back to the fence and wait for the next calf............
:toypony:

Cyclopea
02-13-2010, 10:48 PM
chitlins.
hate em.

Andrew, Jr.
02-14-2010, 09:44 AM
octopus...the entire creature in a marinara sauce

hpychick
02-14-2010, 10:05 AM
Kim Chee - pickled cabbage or something blech!!!!

torchiegirl
02-14-2010, 10:15 AM
I find that I'm not really big on eating any kind of organ. *shivver*

apretty
02-14-2010, 10:22 AM
one time i was eating these tasty cookies and i turned the package over and saw that they had 1.5 grams of trans fats!

disgusting!

Random
02-14-2010, 12:07 PM
Kim Kee.. nummy
chitlans... take them or leave them
organ meat.. don't love it.. but..

the ickiest food I have ever eaten is....

lasana made with velveta cheese and tomato soup...

shudder..

HeartBreak Kid
02-14-2010, 01:41 PM
The grossest thing for me was Uni.....
I LOVE sushi, and sashimi....But Uni (sea urchin)...the consistancy was mushy and disturbing.........

:elefant:

Rockinonahigh
02-14-2010, 04:44 PM
I have a fur rules about food...
if I cant id the thing I wont touch it.

If it has any smell not to my likeing..no way.

Escargo..sick!

if I get a icky feeling when I look at it..yuck noooo.

anythings else is fair game for at least one bite.

I went on a wilderness survivor trip a fue years ago,quite an experence it was,u all should give it a try.I found if u pull the legs off bugs first it is easyer to deal with...gator is not bad...bull nuts are a peice of cake(my uncle had a cattle ranch).Turtle is really good,especally when its cooked wraped in salt water grass for seasonings.

katzietootle
04-30-2010, 11:25 AM
glazed baked snake:cheesy:

dreadgeek
04-30-2010, 11:39 AM
Boiled okra. My mom used to put it in the collard greens (which we had at least twice a week) and the black-eyed peas (also two or three times a week). The happiest day of my gastronomical life* was when I left home and knew that I could now eat both collards and black eyed peas and never, ever again be forced to allow boiled okra to pass my lips.

I hate okra. If it were up to me, every field that had ever grown okra would be salted so that nothing would ever grow there again!

Did I mention that I loathe and despise okra?

*happiest until the day I discovered sushi. To quote the web comic User-Friendly (http://www.userfriendly.org/): "Finally to be goink to temple of Yumski. Tonight comrades, we are eatink Sushi. What's sushi? It is religious. Like cathedral. Caffeine for Mind. Pizza for Body. Sushi.. For soul."

StillettoDoll
04-30-2010, 07:07 PM
I Can think of two : Alligator hot dog I got at the superdome in neworleans and popcorn with seaweed ewwww we got as a gift from Hawaii.

Blaze
04-30-2010, 07:12 PM
I Can think of two : Alligator hot dog I got at the superdome in neworleans and popcorn with seaweed ewwww we got as a gift from Hawaii.

Ummm, I happen to like Hurricane popcorn! Seaweed and mochi crunch rulzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...
Good, muchfricka... More for me, less for you :blink: Cause dat's how us Locals roll, Shaka Hawaiian Style

SuperFemme
04-30-2010, 07:13 PM
Boiled okra. My mom used to put it in the collard greens (which we had at least twice a week) and the black-eyed peas (also two or three times a week). The happiest day of my gastronomical life* was when I left home and knew that I could now eat both collards and black eyed peas and never, ever again be forced to allow boiled okra to pass my lips.

I hate okra. If it were up to me, every field that had ever grown okra would be salted so that nothing would ever grow there again!

Did I mention that I loathe and despise okra?

*happiest until the day I discovered sushi. To quote the web comic User-Friendly (http://www.userfriendly.org/): "Finally to be goink to temple of Yumski. Tonight comrades, we are eatink Sushi. What's sushi? It is religious. Like cathedral. Caffeine for Mind. Pizza for Body. Sushi.. For soul."

I feel exactly the same way regarding: Avocado.

Strappie
04-30-2010, 08:46 PM
Lutfisk ....

Need I say more? BARF!! We had it every Xmas. My dad made us eat some of it every year till my sister threw-up on "his" plate of food one year. We never had to eat it after that. lmccao

Duchess
04-30-2010, 09:02 PM
Pig feet :seeingstars::flyingpig:

Soft*Silver
04-30-2010, 09:07 PM
chicken feet. Not the legs. The feet. They were part of the Saturday chicken soup my mother would make...they were added for flavor but we ate them too.

Duchess
04-30-2010, 09:14 PM
http://i882.photobucket.com/albums/ac23/DoveYou/Snails.jpg

Abigail Crabby
04-30-2010, 09:28 PM
Pickled herring...

I hope to never have to have that ever again.

Guy
04-30-2010, 10:02 PM
McDonalds :fart:

Rook
04-30-2010, 10:47 PM
Balut...right up there in "Ew" [I wanted to impress my philipino g/f]
~shudder~

I never did like Avocado, but I do like guacamole...
When I asked for guacamole once in a Family gathering, my aunts stared at me, and I caught a smirk from my uncles, and my mother...
My cousin asked me if I was enjoying the guacamole, and I nodded, mouthful of chips..
Everyone in my family knows I despise avocado..
Soooo, mum smiles, rests her chin on her palm and asks "do you know what guacamole is?"
I did, but I played along..
She snickered and said "avocado"..I shrugged and told her "Yeah, but this ~waves chip with Guac~ has a buncha seasonings, garlic and I think olive oil right?"
~collective mumble~

Btw, Uni ?...I avoid it like the Plague as well...it's sea urchin gonads...

I used to associate Liver with a mouthful of beach sand...I can't eat it now anyways if I wanted to...

Pecan Pie is nasty...I'll pick off the Pecans and eat 'em, but that Gooey stuff under it? Tastes like congealed sugar water...

Lobster, terrible...Every time I decide "i'll give it one more try", I instantly get this flashback of when a Wave caught me by surprise, and I tumbled in its wake, landed on the Beach facedown{ I swallowed a lot of seawater}....

Massive
04-30-2010, 11:55 PM
All I'll say is "Traditional Haggis"
No, they are not real animals frolicking around the Highlands of Scotland
And no, I can't catch you one!

Soon
05-01-2010, 12:07 AM
creamed corn...! phooey!

and I do say no, also, to pigs' feet during Dim Sum (Yum Cha, I hear in the USA experience!)

But, Dim Sum, with the one you love (after a night of huzzah!)...is a a gorgeous experience!

Butterbean
05-01-2010, 01:39 AM
Pickled pig lips

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_XU9x8G7khv0/SkqOf9rYujI/AAAAAAAAGns/GjirGc60uIA/s400/pig+lips.jpg

Lynn
05-01-2010, 01:50 AM
I watched them make blood pudding on a TV cooking show. A woman shared her family recipe, and she and the host were just delighted with the crimson results. Apparently, it's a favorite of her family. Made with lots of blood (sheep, cow? don't recall) and oatmeal. Stuffed into stomach pouches of (cow, sheep?) and boiled. This woman's recipe is supposed to be wonderfull because it retains that strong, bloody, irony flavor. It's probably an amazing health food, but...it looked awful.

The look of certain food makes it impossible for me to get past what I see to actually tasting. I actually like squid and escargot, but I can't handle the way they look.

ravfem
05-03-2010, 08:54 AM
All I'll say is "Traditional Haggis"

I watched them make blood pudding on a TV cooking show.

ew, ew and a little ew on the side, tyvm!

my mama would make me eat liver (cow and chicken both) as a child. i would cut it into the smallest bite possible and dump about 1/2 cup of ketchup over it then swallow without chewing.

waxnrope
05-03-2010, 09:00 AM
I watched them make blood pudding on a TV cooking show. A woman shared her family recipe, and she and the host were just delighted with the crimson results. Apparently, it's a favorite of her family. Made with lots of blood (sheep, cow? don't recall) and oatmeal. Stuffed into stomach pouches of (cow, sheep?) and boiled. This woman's recipe is supposed to be wonderfull because it retains that strong, bloody, irony flavor. It's probably an amazing health food, but...it looked awful.

The look of certain food makes it impossible for me to get past what I see to actually tasting. I actually like squid and escargot, but I can't handle the way they look.

just lost my bagel and cream cheese ... :tease::eek:

Jett
05-03-2010, 09:31 AM
Oml... I love tripe-pigs feet-rocky mountains oysters- real oysters- sushi- liver- octopus- (and squid) tongue- kimchi- chicken feet (so so but fun to peck at... ha), pickled herring (MMMm)

.... add to that fried fish eyes, blood sausage, beef heart, gizzards, tendon soup (Pho style), fried baby bees, sardines and you've got a partay... ;)

The food I hate... boiled carrots, almost enough to make a peep yak... gah...

(though Strappy I sympathize w/ you on the Lutefisk being from MN too I knowwww what you're talkin' about... *yikes*)

I admit I've never had boiled peanuts, vegemite, escargo, goats head soup (bet it's good!) etc... or a human arm... :l (jeez Keri lol)

*sez Metro who doesn't really eat a lot of meat anymore but not because it doesn't taste good*

storyofmylife
05-03-2010, 09:37 AM
Ate some maggots that was in a stuffed pepper unknowingly! YUK!

Apocalipstic
05-03-2010, 09:44 AM
Liver...or any organ meat. Cottage Cheese. Blood sausage. Chinchulines. Collard Greens. Turnip Greens. Poke Salat.

Gross. Gross GROSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

As a child I also covered food my parents made me eat with tons of ketchup.

Jett
05-03-2010, 09:48 AM
Liver...or any organ meat. Cottage Cheese. Blood sausage. Chinchulines. Collard Greens. Turnip Greens. Poke Salat.

I did that with my Grandma's scrambled eggs (ketchup), she said there was a "secret ingredient"... I forget what it was but from the taste I remember I'd guess a teaspoon of gross... heh

UofMfan
05-03-2010, 09:53 AM

Oh come on, Blood Sausage is yum!

Apocalipstic
05-03-2010, 09:57 AM
I did that with my Grandma's scrambled eggs (ketchup), she said there was a "secret ingredient"... I forget what it was but from the taste I remember I'd guess a teaspoon of gross... heh

I still don't really like scambled eggs.

Oh come on, Blood Sausage is yum!

The last time I ate it I was sick at my stomach for 2 days. We are parillada at an Argentine restaurant in Los Angeles, and I had not had any since I was a kid...it about killed me!

Oh and the blood pudding in England??? There is no wayyyyyy!

UofMfan
05-03-2010, 09:59 AM
The last time I ate it I was sick at my stomach for 2 days. We are parillada at an Argentine restaurant in Los Angeles, and I had not had any since I was a kid...it about killed me!

I think the problem may not have been the Blood Sausage itself. :)

Melissa
05-03-2010, 10:17 AM
Beets... They are the ugliest manifestation of a food particle I have ever experienced. They offend my visual, smell, taste and tactile senses. Really, who ever thought beets looked good on a plate?

LOl - I love beets. Especially pickled beets. But I will eat them anyway they come. I once peed red I'd eaten so many beets. Beets yum.

Melissa

Melissa
05-03-2010, 10:19 AM
I love fried oysters but I absolutely cannot eat a raw oyster. Makes no sense. But I have yet to eat one. I just can't do it. I look at that slime and I just can't do it. So it is the yuckiest thing I have refused to eat.

Melissa
05-03-2010, 10:24 AM
A tiny bite of a Hershey bar.

Yuck.

I laughed when I read your post because it took me years to get used to American Chocolate. Its something to do with the wax put in it. I have to go to World Market to get my flake and crunchie fix. I miss real cream cakes sooooo much. I also miss eccles cakes. Luckily I now have three stores in town when I can get English chocolate: the local grocery store has a British section, World Market, and then a new store I found called Specs. They even have Garibaldis which I hadn't eaten in years. Ooh and I miss fresh cod roe. They just don't sell it here. I could murder a half pound of cod roe on toast right now. I need to get off this thread lol.

Melissa

chefboiardee72
05-03-2010, 10:31 AM
I would have to say Menudo. It's a Mexican soup made with beef tripe. It was like eating melted lard. Not so sure how it could be good for a hangover because I wouldn't be able to keep it down.

UofMfan
05-03-2010, 10:32 AM
I would have to say Menudo. It's a Mexican soup made with beef tripe. It was like eating melted lard. Not so sure how it could be good for a hangover because I wouldn't be able to keep it down.

That stuff is disgusting!

cinderella
05-03-2010, 10:32 AM
Lima or fava beans, raw celery, big yuk for me...

I love blood sausage, PR style; and I love pig knuckles (don't like the feet - those hooves gross me out - must be due to my Sephardic ancestry) made with soupy white beans and pumpkin, yummo!!

Massive
05-03-2010, 11:41 AM
I still don't really like scambled eggs.

Oh and the blood pudding in England??? There is no wayyyyyy!

It's called Black Pudding here ...
It's a cultural thing, I'd sooner gnaw my own arm off than eat chicken feet personally, just sayin' lol

Gemme
05-03-2010, 01:31 PM
Oml... I love tripe-pigs feet-rocky mountains oysters- real oysters- sushi- liver- octopus- (and squid) tongue- kimchi- chicken feet (so so but fun to peck at... ha), pickled herring (MMMm)

.... add to that fried fish eyes, blood sausage, beef heart, gizzards, tendon soup (Pho style), fried baby bees, sardines and you've got a partay... ;)

The food I hate... boiled carrots, almost enough to make a peep yak... gah...

(though Strappy I sympathize w/ you on the Lutefisk being from MN too I knowwww what you're talkin' about... *yikes*)

I admit I've never had boiled peanuts, vegemite, escargo, goats head soup (bet it's good!) etc... or a human arm... :l (jeez Keri lol)

*sez Metro who doesn't really eat a lot of meat anymore but not because it doesn't taste good*

With all that you do eat and enjoy, boiled peanuts are the last thing to concern anyone.

*grin*

They're lovely and warm and salty and oh, so divine, btw.

Write14u
05-03-2010, 11:37 PM
The ickiest food I've eaten? It's hard for me to even put certain foods near myself let alone in my mouth. But the nastiest thing ever, boiled peanut. fo sho...caused a trip to the ER. Those things could gag a maggot!

Try the cajun ones, they rock. I love boiled peanuts, but definitely an acquired taste. We have a boiled peanut man that comes to our office once a week. Happy days!

I love fried oysters but I absolutely cannot eat a raw oyster. Makes no sense. But I have yet to eat one. I just can't do it. I look at that slime and I just can't do it. So it is the yuckiest thing I have refused to eat.

Mmmm, I had a dozen raw on Satuday. Good. Stuff.

As for the dislikes: Okra, liver, cauliflower, most anything pickled other than, well, pickles, corn.

I've definitely done better as an adult on cutting the dislikes down. It used to be most veggies, as well as yummy goodness like sushi.

Andrew, Jr.
05-04-2010, 02:43 PM
I dislike okra, anchovies, spam, parsnips, grits, buffalo, sushi, cooked carrots, escargo, any head soup (goat, monkey, pig, and so on), pigs feet, tongue from any animal, and deer.

CrankyOldGuy
05-04-2010, 06:34 PM
head cheese on rye

Rook
05-04-2010, 07:20 PM
ok
Ew to:
head cheese, and Spam [i dont eat it for personal reasons rather than Ew]

Morcilla is PR style blood sausage...Yummmm.....

Menudo is nasty....but a necessary evil..

katzietootle
05-04-2010, 07:22 PM
yesterday....soup no.5 (bull's testes,penis,cock---anyway you call it)

bright_arrow
05-04-2010, 07:44 PM
I have to say, so far? Oysters. Don't recall much from my squid taste testing other than it was chewy :|

And I think everything listed above and 4 pages back I won't be trying anytime soon. Just the thought of eating animal organs - blech!

TIMBERWOLF
05-04-2010, 08:23 PM
Elk Liver...........Its gamy as hell

Bad_boi
05-04-2010, 08:46 PM
VanCamps beane weenies *BARFS*

Rockinonahigh
05-05-2010, 11:22 AM
A fue years ago I busted up my knee and couldnt get up to cook.I love my son dearly but the boy cant boil water..dont, unless u have to save his mojo eat his cooking..thank goodnees for take outs.

tuffboi29
06-06-2010, 11:26 PM
I would eat just about anything on thos thread except liver of any sort,...Idk the smell gets to me...(this coming from an adult who would still eat a worm on a dare for $5)...hey $5 is $5...

Now as for my all time grosse out...I can't eat coconut...I like coconut smelling perfumes,shampoo, ect, on girls of them femme varity, I can even drink coconut milk.I CANNOT eat coconut meat...just thinking about the texture= :twitch: :hospital-snoopy:

Gemme
06-08-2010, 02:42 AM
It's still tripe. I hope to never find anything worse. :blink:

atomiczombie
06-08-2010, 03:22 AM
Several years ago when I was still with my ex-wife, I came home from work one night and she had cooked dinner for us. She told me and my daughter that it was chicken nuggets. I took one bite and it was one of the grossest things I have ever tasted. It turned out to be fake soy nuggets. Bletch.

AtLast
06-08-2010, 03:30 AM
Pineapple... I hate it! Can't even stand the smell....

kassykit
06-08-2010, 04:03 AM
tuna noodle casserole made in the microwave with nonmicrowavable noodles (this was back in the 80's) it was like eating paste:canadian:

Jesse
09-11-2010, 08:45 PM
It's a toss up between pickled beets and spam for me. Ewwww to both!

Duchess
09-11-2010, 09:28 PM
Years ago my dad thought it would be fun to celebrate a week of receipes to all of the cultures from my mom's family and his.

My dad's Irish and he made boxty and coddle..All I can say.:praying::blink::seeingstars::|:fart::bolt:

Need I say more?

Liam
09-11-2010, 09:35 PM
Beets—they taste like dirt smells. Blech!

T D
09-11-2010, 10:06 PM
Hmmmmm, either 'gator or escargot.... think I'll go with the latter ;) LOL

girl_dee
09-12-2010, 04:35 AM
raw octopus..

what was I thinkin?

RockOn
09-12-2010, 07:13 AM
Reading everyone's posts this morning ... they are making me laugh.

I am surprised to find so many do not like beets. I love them.

I had a cube mate years ago and sometimes I would open a small can of those Del Monte brand sliced beets in the mornings at like 8:30, get a fork and eat them straight out of the can - knowing all the while I was grossing her out. She left for another job out of state about three years back. I still miss her. We have continued our friendship. Every once in a great while, she will mention something in an email about me eating those beets in front of her. I did the exact thing to her with little cans of cold spinach too. LOL! I eat that stuff same as before in the mornings but it is not nearly as much fun without Misty being there. How I loved getting her going! She always delighted in taking pokes at me too. It was never one sided.

skeeter_01
09-12-2010, 07:35 AM
TRIPE......omg!! it's the lining of a cows stomach although that's not what i was TOLD before i put it in my mouth!! :|

the flavor was a delicate pairing of old cheese and dirty socks...*gagging*
skeet

citybutch
09-12-2010, 09:22 AM
Cow brain... blech!

lipstixgal
09-12-2010, 10:02 AM
I have to say that I have been all over the world and have eaten many things but now that I am Jewish I try to keep it kosher so that's better for me.

theoddz
09-12-2010, 10:15 AM
Unquestionably, hands down.......Rutabaga. :runforhills:

Disgusting shit....it's the same color as earwax and smells like cooked vomit. :twitch:

~Theo~ :bouquet:

Boots13
09-12-2010, 10:51 AM
Hot dogs - do you even know whats in those things? Everything that fell through the grate to the floor (as Grandma would say)...lol

Guinea Pig - They are wild and an abundant food source in Ecuador. I felt TERRIBLE...I had visions of our grade school classroom pet when the farmer, whose barn we stayed in, so proudly brought us dinner. It was cooked whole and served on a stick like a corn dog...although I had a taste I just couldnt do it and passed it to one of my climbing mates when he wasnt looking.

Green Peanuts ! With my Girlfriend in Georgia last year...they are bitter and sharp and have absolutely no redeeming qualities (Yep, I'm a Yankee).

Blood Sausage, Brains, Chitlins, Chicken Gizzards, Fish Eyes, Pickled Pork Feet, roe, tartar and a host of other oddities...I'm amazed I still travel , most of these weird things have been while traveling.

diamondrose
09-12-2010, 12:32 PM
octupus.. gross!!!!

TexasCowboi
04-19-2011, 05:00 AM
Menudo...gross!

Sardines.... gross!

Pickled Pigs Feet, gross!

Fried Frog Legs, almost as gross!

and of course, the "ickiest" of them all...... LIVER..... *shudders*

well.... for me, it's a toss up between Sardines, Liver and Pickled Pigs Feet.... I can't believe I EVER ate that stuff....

Jesse
04-19-2011, 10:31 AM
HaHa! I love mashed rutabaga with salt, pepper, butter and cream. Make it just like mashed potatoes. YUM!

Unquestionably, hands down.......Rutabaga. :runforhills:

Disgusting shit....it's the same color as earwax and smells like cooked vomit. :twitch:

~Theo~ :bouquet:

lionpaw
04-19-2011, 10:34 AM
raw octopus..

what was I thinkin?

Raw octopus.....nice and chewy!....yummy in the sushi bar!....lol...:)

violaine
04-19-2011, 10:35 AM
can keep her green almonds!

justpjhere
04-19-2011, 10:41 AM
escargot or canned asparagus yuuuucccckkk

Sparkle
foie gras & pate

:|

lionpaw
HaHa! I love mashed rutabaga with salt, pepper, butter and cream. Make it just like mashed potatoes. YUM!

I eat just like that too....My wife doesn't care for that many veggies....

lionpaw
04-19-2011, 10:47 AM
I can eat almost anybody's cooking from any culture, but the one thing that always gets me is eating sea urchin roe at the sushi bar.....Omg!....Talk about smelling and tasting the ocean in something that looks like a baby's poop....Yuck!....Not all the wasabi in the world can take away that taste outta my mouth!

Dreams
04-19-2011, 10:47 AM
deep fried oysters....utterly the most disgusting thing i've ever paid for to eat..:watereyes:

lionpaw
04-19-2011, 10:51 AM
Menudo...gross!

Sardines.... gross!

Pickled Pigs Feet, gross!

Fried Frog Legs, almost as gross!

and of course, the "ickiest" of them all...... LIVER..... *shudders*

well.... for me, it's a toss up between Sardines, Liver and Pickled Pigs Feet.... I can't believe I EVER ate that stuff....

Ahhh, all of my favorite foods I love to eat....My mom makes (and so do I) make a wicked patitas recipe (stewed pigs feet)......But your description---priceless!...lol

lionpaw
04-19-2011, 10:53 AM
TRIPE......omg!! it's the lining of a cows stomach although that's not what i was TOLD before i put it in my mouth!! :|

the flavor was a delicate pairing of old cheese and dirty socks...*gagging*
skeet

You made me laugh.....We eat this all the time.....lol

lionpaw
04-19-2011, 10:58 AM
deep fried oysters....utterly the most disgusting thing i've ever paid for to eat..:watereyes:

Now aren't you glad you didn't have them raw....That's an experience by itself....lol

Dreams
04-19-2011, 11:03 AM
Now aren't you glad you didn't have them raw....That's an experience by itself....lol

quite frankly i'd rather have them raw...they tasted (to me) like a big crunchy snot rocket(shudders)...at least i could swallow them raw..

Andrew, Jr.
04-19-2011, 11:09 AM
Two gross foods - never again:

*Frogs Legs

*Fried Croc/Alligator

Gemme
04-19-2011, 12:26 PM
I can eat almost anybody's cooking from any culture, but the one thing that always gets me is eating sea urchin roe at the sushi bar.....Omg!....Talk about smelling and tasting the ocean in something that looks like a baby's poop....Yuck!....Not all the wasabi in the world can take away that taste outta my mouth!

To me, it's pretty tasteless and the color is pretty. :)

quite frankly i'd rather have them raw...they tasted (to me) like a big crunchy snot rocket(shudders)...at least i could swallow them raw..

Um, nope. At least when they are fried, they have that crunch factor (and the poop is hidden unless you cut into them). When they are raw, it's all semi-hard snot.

Blech.

*Frogs Legs

*Fried Croc/Alligator

I had gator tail while in FL. It's not bad to me. I don't think I'm a fan of the frog legs, though.

Scorp
04-19-2011, 12:29 PM
Slimey snails that tasted like lake water....That was some nasty shit. You an keep that Ess..Car...Off I Go.......

Greyson
04-19-2011, 12:35 PM
I enjoy eating menudo and liver. However, living where I live, I cannot find a restaurant that serves liver. In my family, when I was growing up liver, and onions with a baked potato was considered to be a tasty meal.

Something I really do not like in my food is celantro. Celantro is used often in mexican food and I find I get pretty weird looks when I specify, "No Celantro."

Blade
04-19-2011, 12:47 PM
liver of any kind, oysters of any kind.....

Peach
04-19-2011, 01:47 PM
oysters, clams, unagi, okra, and bananas!

princessbelle
04-19-2011, 01:52 PM
My list is huge. But, i have major food issues, mostly regarding textures (coconuts) and lack thereof (jello).

But, my first thoughts are ....

Tripe
Way under cooked bacon (anything fatty like that)
Chicken livers or anyone's liver for that matter
Dumplins (again texture issues)
"Shyt on a Shingle" which includes questionable meat on soggy bread.

Soft*Silver
04-19-2011, 02:46 PM
I am intolerant of tapioca pudding, and anything with that kind of consistency.

I loathe squid or or was it octopuss? Oh...gross...

Sachita
04-19-2011, 02:49 PM

I love these

Apocalipstic
04-19-2011, 02:54 PM
I love these

Meee toooo, oysters fixed any way! Yummmmm...

xcept...mountain oysters. :|

girl_dee
04-19-2011, 03:54 PM
Raw octopus.....nice and chewy!....yummy in the sushi bar!....lol...:)

Thats where I had it :|

Blech!

MissItalianDiva
04-19-2011, 04:10 PM
I am a rather picky eater so my palate is limited especially with not eating meat but the one food I DESPISE is brussel sprouts.....they have got to the most atrocious apparently edible food on the planet. A little dramatic I know but I really cringe even thinking about them.

Apocalipstic
04-19-2011, 04:17 PM
I am a rather picky eater so my palate is limited especially with not eating meat but the one food I DESPISE is brussel sprouts.....they have got to the most atrocious apparently edible food on the planet. A little dramatic I know but I really cringe even thinking about them.

I hate them too
little cabbage abortions

Bard
04-19-2011, 04:32 PM
Tripe Beef brains and eggs um steak and kidney pie

I managed to escape the rocky mtn oysters

Thanks Grandpa

JAGG
04-19-2011, 04:55 PM
The pork patties in the c-rats or mre's as the are called now, when I was in the Marine Corps. And one time I tried snails when I was in Korea. Just testing my gag reflexing, is what that amounted to.

Soft*Silver
04-19-2011, 05:20 PM
oh I take it back! I just came back from the pharmacy. I got my prep for my surgery...

I have had preps before but this one takes the cake!

You know those huge cat little containers with handles? Its that size!!!!!

NOW THATS GOT TO BE THE ICKIEST EASTER MEAL EVER!

Gráinne
04-19-2011, 06:08 PM
Octopus soup, in China. It was like warm sticky rubber bands.

Jess
04-19-2011, 06:22 PM
I find that I'm not really big on eating any kind of organ. *shivver*

except foie.... oh.dear.nancy.... sliced and seared... it is manna

Miss Scarlett
04-19-2011, 06:27 PM
*Miss Scarlett quickly backs out of thread...* :giggle:

Dreams
04-19-2011, 10:18 PM
my mom used to make liver and onions, scalloped potato's, and spinach allllllll in the same meal...my sisters and i used to trade what wouldn't make us puke the most...i ate a lot of spinach..

The Oopster
04-19-2011, 10:43 PM
It makes me want to barf even thinking about it.

some time of green chili something at lucy's 24 hr mexican drive in down the street on the corner. I couldn't even get one bite down and wouldn't feed it to the dogs it was that nasty. I just can't go there anymore even for the things I liked .... just too traumatized!

Butterbean
04-20-2011, 11:51 AM
http://www.danishbrotherhood.org/webpagepics/limburger.jpg

http://a.rgbimg.com/cache1nASzo/users/l/lu/lusi/300/mgyQaio.jpg

dixie
04-20-2011, 12:40 PM
my grandma's homemade hog's head cheese...

For those of you who don't know: after the hogs/pigs are slaughtered for the bacon/sausage/etc, they then take the ENTIRE head (eyes, ears, teeth, ALL of it) and run it through a grinder, add a few other ingredients and blend/set to either an almost pimento cheese consistency or a "meat jelly".

Usually when I hear the word "cheese" I will eat almost anything. My grandma just neglected to mention the first 2 words when she asked if I wanted a cheese sandwich. :| *hurl*

You can get the cheesy consistency:
http://chadzilla.typepad.com/chadzilla/images/hog_head_cheese_011.jpg

OR

the sliceable version:
http://j-walkblog.com/images/paine_headcheese.jpg

Once again... *hurl*

Miss Scarlett
04-20-2011, 05:42 PM
Wasn't a food but a beverage...

A "Witch Doctor" from What-a-Burger...this vile potion consists of some of everything from their fountain drinks (aka a "Suicide") but with dill pickle juice and several slices of dill pickles floating on top...

lionpaw
04-20-2011, 06:17 PM

I like them raw or fried, but your description made me howl....Crunchy snot rockets versus raw snot going down one's...:) throat all slimy and gushy.....hmmmmm.....lol....:)

lionpaw
04-20-2011, 06:19 PM

*Frogs Legs

*Fried Croc/Alligator

Hmmmm....Fried croc/alligator?....Tastes like chicken?.....Ha,ha,ha....lol

Starbuck
04-20-2011, 06:20 PM
Man it's a close race between asparagus and brussel sprouts! You should never eat anything that makes your pee smell bad!

lionpaw
04-20-2011, 06:22 PM
To me, it's pretty tasteless and the color is pretty. :)

Um, nope. At least when they are fried, they have that crunch factor (and the poop is hidden unless you cut into them). When they are raw, it's all semi-hard snot.

Blech.

I had gator tail while in FL. It's not bad to me. I don't think I'm a fan of the frog legs, though.

Gemme, you crack me up....:)

lionpaw
04-20-2011, 06:27 PM
My list is huge. But, i have major food issues, mostly regarding textures (coconuts) and lack thereof (jello).

But, my first thoughts are ....

Tripe
Way under cooked bacon (anything fatty like that)
Chicken livers or anyone's liver for that matter
Dumplins (again texture issues)
"Shyt on a Shingle" which includes questionable meat on soggy bread.

Are you my wife's long lost twin????....We could barely catch our breaths after reading your post....Hahahahahaha.....lol...:)

lionpaw
04-20-2011, 06:32 PM
I hate them too
little cabbage abortions

Ahhhhh, I feel your pain.....They weren't prepared right for you....My lion loooovvveeesss her brussel sprouts!......lol....:)

lionpaw
04-20-2011, 06:36 PM
oh I take it back! I just came back from the pharmacy. I got my prep for my surgery...

I have had preps before but this one takes the cake!

You know those huge cat little containers with handles? Its that size!!!!!

NOW THATS GOT TO BE THE ICKIEST EASTER MEAL EVER!

Oh that really does take the cake....

lionpaw
04-20-2011, 06:48 PM
my grandma's homemade hog's head cheese...

For those of you who don't know: after the hogs/pigs are slaughtered for the bacon/sausage/etc, they then take the ENTIRE head (eyes, ears, teeth, ALL of it) and run it through a grinder, add a few other ingredients and blend/set to either an almost pimento cheese consistency or a "meat jelly".

Usually when I hear the word "cheese" I will eat almost anything. My grandma just neglected to mention the first 2 words when she asked if I wanted a cheese sandwich. :| *hurl*

You can get the cheesy consistency:
http://chadzilla.typepad.com/chadzilla/images/hog_head_cheese_011.jpg

OR

the sliceable version:
http://j-walkblog.com/images/paine_headcheese.jpg

Once again... *hurl*

I think I'll join you on that one...Hurl....

Scorp
04-20-2011, 06:56 PM
OMFG :| now I'M gonna hurl! (where's that puke smiley)????

hpychick
04-20-2011, 07:00 PM
There are many grosser than gross things I've eaten in my day, here are just a few that I do not ever care to partake of again:

cow intestines sauteed in lard
kim-chee (the real kind, not the kind you buy in the jar)
canned asparagus (justpjhere stole that one from me!)

lionpaw
04-20-2011, 07:05 PM
There are many grosser than gross things I've eaten in my day, here are just a few that I do not ever care to partake of again:

Oh I guess we won't be bringing that over to you....lol...

Jess
04-20-2011, 11:25 PM
OMFG :| now I'M gonna hurl! (where's that puke smiley)????

hurl? you rang? heh...

gotta say.. not a fan of "head" cheese or as they call it around here.. souse meat... not a fan of sweetbreads or tripe or chitterlings...

odd/ icky things I can prepare very well but not really a fan of : escargots, shad roe and soft shell ( blue) crab. The latter two are delicacies of the south when in season, so I had to cook a great deal of it over the years, thus I became quite adept. The texture of both however, never sat right with my personal taste so.. ~ BLECH~

brussels sprouts are a fav and I would bet I could turn you on to them if you let me cook them for you. same with asparagus...

Kimchee=Korean sauerkraut... if you aren't a fan of cabbage or all things pickled and/or brined.. you'll probably never like it. I love the massive amounts of garlic in it. I recall going to a particular sweat after having eaten a ton of it the night prior and about 45 minutes in.. someone asked "who brought the garlic"... I was sweating profusely and kinda chuckled.. "OOPS.. KIMCHEE"... Love it but only as a small side these days.

I think the stuff that icks me the most is stuff with messed up textures or pungent aromas. I absolutely detest the smell of truffle. Can't stand it. It smells like frommunda cheese. I have never been able to figure out why people will pay upwards of 500.00 per ounce for something that smells like ass. Now, mind you... refined in a simple oil and a couple drops can enhance even the most mundane item. I use a few drops in potato pancakes and it is amazing. Too much and it's ~ BLECH~

Very interesting what squicks folks... and btw.. you all are some funny food critics!!! Should have a show on Food Network...

The Oopster
04-21-2011, 01:21 AM

You know when I was in brazil I was eating this tasty little dish then they told me in was cow intestines. Fortunately they weren't sauteed in lard. It was actually good but my mind took over at that point and i just needed to eat something else so I could keep the tasty dish down!

lionpaw
04-21-2011, 02:48 PM
hurl? you rang? heh...

gotta say.. not a fan of "head" cheese or as they call it around here.. souse meat... not a fan of sweetbreads or tripe or chitterlings...

odd/ icky things I can prepare very well but not really a fan of : escargots, shad roe and soft shell ( blue) crab. The latter two are delicacies of the south when in season, so I had to cook a great deal of it over the years, thus I became quite adept. The texture of both however, never sat right with my personal taste so.. ~ BLECH~

brussels sprouts are a fav and I would bet I could turn you on to them if you let me cook them for you. same with asparagus...

Kimchee=Korean sauerkraut... if you aren't a fan of cabbage or all things pickled and/or brined.. you'll probably never like it. I love the massive amounts of garlic in it. I recall going to a particular sweat after having eaten a ton of it the night prior and about 45 minutes in.. someone asked "who brought the garlic"... I was sweating profusely and kinda chuckled.. "OOPS.. KIMCHEE"... Love it but only as a small side these days.

I think the stuff that icks me the most is stuff with messed up textures or pungent aromas. I absolutely detest the smell of truffle. Can't stand it. It smells like frommunda cheese. I have never been able to figure out why people will pay upwards of 500.00 per ounce for something that smells like ass. Now, mind you... refined in a simple oil and a couple drops can enhance even the most mundane item. I use a few drops in potato pancakes and it is amazing. Too much and it's ~ BLECH~

Very interesting what squicks folks... and btw.. you all are some funny food critics!!! Should have a show on Food Network...

Hi Jess!...I didn't realize how much you were into cooking gourmet food...Heck, I have few recipes I can pass your way...

Jess
04-21-2011, 03:31 PM
Hi Jess!...I didn't realize how much you were into cooking gourmet food...Heck, I have few recipes I can pass your way...

Cool.. Would love to try some. I was a Chef for 26 years and now only cook at home until ( unless) we start a restaurant. I miss it a lot at times, but there are no restaurants here ( where we moved ) and definitely none that could satisfy my skills or wallet. LOL! I had left the industry when my COPD was not well managed, but today I have far fewer days that keep me knocked down.

Seriously, I browse through the different food threads here and would love to see more of your ideas!

Thanks!

Gemme
04-21-2011, 05:28 PM
Hmmmm....Fried croc/alligator?....Tastes like chicken?.....Ha,ha,ha....lol

You know, it kind of does, but has a bit of a different twang to it. It wasn't bad, though. Rattlesnake was worse.

No one hurls alone in this thread. :|

Invictus
04-21-2011, 06:07 PM
Monkey brains

lionpaw
04-23-2011, 06:18 PM
Cool.. Would love to try some. I was a Chef for 26 years and now only cook at home until ( unless) we start a restaurant. I miss it a lot at times, but there are no restaurants here ( where we moved ) and definitely none that could satisfy my skills or wallet. LOL! I had left the industry when my COPD was not well managed, but today I have far fewer days that keep me knocked down.

Seriously, I browse through the different food threads here and would love to see more of your ideas!

Thanks!

You know Jess, we had thought about opening a restaurant six years ago, but we became distracted by scrapbooking....You know who else can cook up a storm????....Corkey!....Now, that would be a heck of a restaurant if the four of were cooking, and Ami was the manager!....Props to you Ami and your skills too!....
Sorry, to hear about the COPD....Pulmonary issues are no joke, and I am glad that they have yours under better management...I'm the medical/scientist geek in our family, and my wife is the one with the brains for computer languages and programs....

What are the various food threads besides this one and the BFP reunion cookbook?....I have to get off my lazy butt and donate some recipes for the BFP cookbook....Yeah, I'll send you of my recipes....Let me know how you like them...I'll look through my tablets tonight....Yes, I said tablets....It covers about 25 years of some good eats...Lol........!.....Well, my friend---take care and have a good Easter Sunday!....:)

lionpaw
04-23-2011, 06:25 PM
You know, it kind of does, but has a bit of a different twang to it. It wasn't bad, though. Rattlesnake was worse.

No one hurls alone in this thread. :|

A bit of a twang to it?....Now, is that a bitter twang or a sour twang to it?....Gulp!...Rattlesnake????....Well, I guess if I was stuck in the desert somewhere in AZ with a few cacti and nothing else to eat I would go "hmmm....tastes like chicken!"....Hahahahaha!....

Now, about this hurling....."To hurl or not to hurl?...That is the question...."....Yeah, I had to twist a little Wm. Shakespeare here....lol...:)

Jess
04-25-2011, 03:47 PM
I'm guessing this is an appetizer...

http://gardenandgun.com/files/photo-3.jpg

Legendryder
04-25-2011, 04:17 PM
My mother's chili. Yikes.

torchiegirl
04-25-2011, 04:25 PM
there was this nasty cheese, you see...

The_Lady_Snow
04-25-2011, 04:55 PM
Boiled peanuts!!!!

Legendryder
04-25-2011, 04:56 PM
Boiled peanuts!!!!

Hey now. Don't be steppin on my buld p-nuts. Thems good eatin'.

Lynn
04-25-2011, 05:30 PM
The things I find disgusting are probably to someone else's taste...

canned peas
squid tentacles (body is OK...)
escargot (I can eat with my eyes closed, but stop as soon as I look)
some kind of clam with feet that are just too gross to swallow
goat's milk that's more than a few hours old
goat cheese

lionpaw
05-18-2011, 04:04 PM
Monkey brains

I'm sorry....But when I hear monkey brains I automatically want to ask whether they were chilled or unchilled....My warped sense of humor....:)

lionpaw
05-18-2011, 04:08 PM
I'm guessing this is an appetizer...

http://gardenandgun.com/files/photo-3.jpg

That's a new one for me......I've had pig ears, but pig lips?

wolfbittenpoet
05-18-2011, 04:15 PM
Sea gull. It's greasy but not so bad.
Land crabs delicious surprisingly meaty.
Turtle cooked in its own shell on a fire
Rattlesnake is good but needs a milk bath and well bled else it's sour. The same treatment works for shark.
Kimchee is the worlds best sidedish be it radish, cabbage, or cucumber.

lionpaw
05-18-2011, 04:39 PM
Sea gull. It's greasy but not so bad.
Land crabs delicious surprisingly meaty.
Turtle cooked in its own shell on a fire
Rattlesnake is good but needs a milk bath and well bled else it's sour. The same treatment works for shark.
Kimchee is the worlds best sidedish be it radish, cabbage, or cucumber.

Where did you try the Seagull?....You mean I missed something while we lived in Seattle?....Yeah, I like kimchee, but it is an acquired taste....

wolfbittenpoet
05-18-2011, 04:48 PM
Here in Gulfcoast Florida. My gran taught me to catch seagull with a cast net. They were cheap plentiful and had been a depression staple for her. The CCC boys here never knew there chickens in every pot usually were seagull. She also taught me to gig frog, snare rabbit, catch land crabs, and turtles. She was awesome.

lionpaw
05-18-2011, 04:52 PM
Here in Gulfcoast Florida. My gran taught me to catch seagull with a cast net. They were cheap plentiful and had been a depression staple for her. The CCC boys here never knew there chickens in every pot usually were seagull. She also taught me to gig frog, snare rabbit, catch land crabs, and turtles. She was awesome.

Wow.....That's pretty interesting....Seattle had alot of seagulls, but I never heard about any recipes from the natives for it....Sounds like you had a wonderful gran teaching you....

Merlin
05-19-2011, 12:36 AM
Marmite - work of the devil !!

Starbuck
05-19-2011, 06:45 PM
I tried it and I just can't get past the taste of asparagus! Not only does it taste like warmed over shit, it makes your pee stink!

Rockinonahigh
05-19-2011, 08:04 PM
Asparagus IS one of the ickiest foods on the planet or anywhere else,period.I tryed it once a long time ago ...never again!

Billy
05-19-2011, 08:06 PM
Chicken livers :blink:

ruffryder
05-19-2011, 08:38 PM
I've had pork feet, beef feet, tripas aka intestines, beef tongue, goat, tripe or stomach lining, rocky mountain oysters aka bull fries. yeahhh I'm still alive! hahaa.

Leigh
05-19-2011, 08:40 PM
Foods I *DONT* like aka icky foods:

~ Brussel Sprouts

~ Asparagus

~ Holova, or huluva ......... however you spell it

kannon
05-19-2011, 08:45 PM
kale......

uglyboi
05-20-2011, 07:18 AM
Hasma = fallopian tubes of frogs.

It was featured at an international dinner which my company hosted.

Thinking about it made me throw up in my mouth.

I am pretty sure it was featured on an eposide of "Fear Factor"

cinderella
05-20-2011, 08:29 AM
Lima beans - ugh!!!

storyofmylife
05-20-2011, 08:35 AM
maggots - unknowingly .... YUK!!

EnderD_503
05-20-2011, 08:36 AM
Sushi/Sashimi...there is something about the taste and texture that is just really gross to me.

Herring

Sardines

Raw clams straight from the sea...apparently this tastes good to some people? :confused:

That and perhaps eggplant,which has almost as horrific a texture as the abovementioned fishiness.

weatherboi
05-20-2011, 09:23 AM
eating crow is no good!!!!

The_Lady_Snow
05-20-2011, 09:39 AM
Grits!!!!!!!

blackboot
05-20-2011, 09:43 AM
canned string beans. blecch.

Talon
04-13-2012, 02:31 PM
Frog's legs...eww. :frog:

willow
04-13-2012, 02:36 PM
Frog's legs...eww. :frog:

yum!

I've had chicken feet (and they looked just like whole chicken feet) in black bean sauce. They were also yum but no one else could even look at my plate let alone watch me eat them. I think that counts as icky (to others) :)

1QuirkyKiwi
04-13-2012, 03:02 PM
perhaps eggplant,which has almost as horrific a texture as the abovementioned fishiness.

The feel of Aubergine skin always reminds me of a Dolphin's. :blink:

Brussels Sprouts, Asparagus, Mushrooms, cooked Spinach, red and white meat (also allergic) and Milk..... The whole lot is Devil Spawn!

Mr Nice Guy
04-13-2012, 03:13 PM
Anchovies. Yuck!

Morgan
04-13-2012, 03:16 PM
Turnip....oh and Brussel sprouts...yuck.

puddin'
04-13-2012, 03:23 PM
truffles (mushroom, not choc'late)
maize mote (hominy)
buttermilk
anchovies
feijoas
tripe

1QuirkyKiwi
04-13-2012, 03:29 PM
Anchovies. Yuck!

anchovies

They always remind me of hairy eyebrows... :|

Novelafemme
04-13-2012, 03:30 PM
amen on the eggplant. i love to grow it but don't wanna eat it. :blink:

i can stomach just about anything, but the strangest textured/tasting foods i've had were cow tongue, pickled pigs feet, and my hands down least favorite food on the planet...black eyed peas. <i just threw up a little thinking about eating them>

skeeter_01
04-13-2012, 03:30 PM
well...there's been a few...liver for one...*gagging*...or ANY organs for that matter...

which brings me to tripe...OMG! i was fooled into eating it when i was very young...and very drunk...!

lamb!! EWWWWW!! i will eat NOTHING that says "baaaaaaaaah"...

fish...i HATE fish...well now wait...that's not quite true...i DO like deep fried cod with a ton of tarter sauce...but baked or broiled? uh UH!!

and of course there is: mushrooms, peppers, olives, most pickled things~!

kind of a picky eater...nobody likes to order pizza with me... :(

vixenagogo
04-13-2012, 03:35 PM
sea urchin.
uni.
whatever you call it...blech.

http://findyourcraving.com/images/cravings/musing_200903_uni.jpg

Miss Scarlett
04-13-2012, 03:47 PM
Deep fried rubber bands...

Oh wait, i think they called it calamari...

Metro
04-13-2012, 05:23 PM
Durian (i once mustered up enough courage to try it in smoothie form... nope. still disgusting. no two ways about it... unless, of course, you enjoy the smell and taste of vomit.)

http://i450.photobucket.com/albums/qq228/G_Btn/durian.jpg

aishah
04-13-2012, 06:36 PM
definitely beets. i was forced to eat them in kindergarten and i'd come home and my mom would be like "how was your day?" and i'd be like "they made me eat gross-me-outs!" one of my partners swears by them as a migraine cure but i can't get over my disgust enough to eat them. i accidentally ate beet salad last year...eww.

the most unusual food i've had, besides organs (which i don't like), is alligator tail. but it wasn't all that icky.

*Anya*
04-13-2012, 07:16 PM
I am so right there with you aishah on the beets!

My parents forced me to eat everything on my plate and many a night a dinner that started at 5:30PM, saw me still looking at the plate of beets at 9:00PM.

Just looking at them can still make me gag.

Gentle Tiger
04-13-2012, 07:27 PM
Tripe, beets, brussel sprouts and asparagus.

I find other foods vial but these are at the top of the list.

MrSunshine
04-13-2012, 07:32 PM
I've tried some things in other countries I would be hung for here. It was all pretty nasty. Woof :/

MrSunshine
04-13-2012, 07:34 PM
definitely beets. i was forced to eat them in kindergarten and i'd come home and my mom would be like "how was your day?" and i'd be like "they made me eat gross-me-outs!" one of my partners swears by them as a migraine cure but i can't get over my disgust enough to eat them. i accidentally ate beet salad last year...eww.

the most unusual food i've had, besides organs (which i don't like), is alligator tail. but it wasn't all that icky.

Omg! Not the "gross me outs"! That's some funny shit there.

*Anya*
04-13-2012, 07:43 PM
I just remembered the close second to the beets. It is not number one because I never actually put it in my mouth.

I was served rabbit once. Every time I attempted to lift the fork to my lips, I literally saw a field of frolicking bunnies.

It horrified me and none of it passed my lips. To this day, my stomach turns to think of it.

LeftWriteFemme
04-13-2012, 07:57 PM
Last night the mashed potatoes tasted like they has sauerkraut, they were awful, then the salad came and they had killed that too......normally nice food corrupted by a bad chef. It was so sad :( I am accepting pity for having had such a bad meal out......just kidding

The JD
04-13-2012, 08:45 PM
I've had haggis in Scotland, black pudding in England, and blóđmör in Iceland. All were blood sausage, all were nasty. I don't know why I keep trying it whenever I pull out my passport. Weird.

As for icky foods I encounter much closer to home, steamed broccoli comes in first, followed by ketchup.

Corkey
04-13-2012, 08:48 PM
Octopus, one reason I do not eat bait!

amiyesiam
04-13-2012, 08:50 PM
I am so right there with you aishah on the beets!

My parents forced me to eat everything on my plate and many a night a dinner that started at 5:30PM, saw me still looking at the plate of beets at 9:00PM.

Just looking at them can still make me gag.

Why do parents do this?
To this day, neither myself or my brothers will eat the foods we sat at the dinner table staring at as children.

I do not eat icky looking things. Many things do not look good to me, or do not smell good, or look slimy. Nope I am not adventurous or brave.

aishah
04-13-2012, 09:14 PM
i'm extremely grateful my parents never forced me to eat anything. it was a requirement at the pre-school i went to though :( i don't understand why schools do that.

Corkey
04-13-2012, 09:16 PM
Why do parents do this?
To this day, neither myself or my brothers will eat the foods we sat at the dinner table staring at as children.

I do not eat icky looking things. Many things do not look good to me, or do not smell good, or look slimy. Nope I am not adventurous or brave.

Yet you eat my food and enjoy it, blessed boy am I

clay
04-13-2012, 09:32 PM

but honey, wait til you try it with me...it is so tender and very tasty...they cooked that too long....grins...
And my fave southern delicacy...BOILED Peanuts!!!! YUMMMMO

Kelt
04-13-2012, 10:36 PM
Hmm..I'm an adventure eater. I'll attempt pretty much anything. I don't think there is anything I've had so far that I hate.

Then again, there's more to try

:eating:

cinnamongrrl
09-30-2012, 10:46 PM
Without a doubt...Liver...my sadistic mother told me it was steak....to this day I cant stand even the SMELL of it....blech...not to mention that the liver processes all the toxins in the body..so whatever that animal had for toxins at the time it was killed will be in your system....things to think about....

Scuba
09-30-2012, 10:49 PM
Blue cheese :badscore:

Electrocell
09-30-2012, 11:29 PM
brains and eggs that was nasty but I wanted to try it lol.

Red-Dragon
10-01-2012, 01:09 AM
The ickiest food ive eaten hmm that has got to be cooked spinich and that gross ham in a can or whatever...if u wanted ham or meat u get it fresh not in a can and have it smell like ur brothers month old socks :| ...cook spinich well blech

Daktari
10-01-2012, 05:47 AM
Deep fried Mars bar
Kentucky Fried Chicken...yup really.
Deep fried pigs ears
Percebe

Abigail Crabby
10-01-2012, 06:04 AM
pickled herring

My friend oonvinced me to try it

and was quite aghast when it came right the hell back up.

pickled herring :readfineprint:there outta be a law :glasses:

Heavenleahangel
10-01-2012, 06:05 AM
Without a doubt...Liver...my sadistic mother told me it was steak....to this day I cant stand even the SMELL of it....blech...not to mention that the liver processes all the toxins in the body..so whatever that animal had for toxins at the time it was killed will be in your system....things to think about....

I agree with you, cinnamon; liver is the yuckiest thing I can think of! Ive tried it many ways and nothing can mask the taste or smell!!!

Scorp
10-01-2012, 06:36 AM
Along with this list are other nasty things I would never even think of putting near my mouth:

- Liver (no organ meat!) (gag)

- Octopus (rubbery, like chewing on an eraser) and I'm not eating anything that stares back at me!

- Brussel Sprouts (tried dressing these up with some garlic and almost threw my guts up)

- Snails (gag) (slimey and tasted like lake water)

- Tripe (lord almighty who in their right mind would eat the lining of a cow's stomach???)

- Sweet Breads (calf brains) (No need to go into further detail here)

- Feta (smells like gym socks) (puke)

- Blue Cheese (smells like feet) (puke)

- Lutefisk (aged-dried fish) (Hell no! This stuff stinks so bad you can probably smell it from across the nation)

I'm literally gonna puke if I don't stop typing all these nasty ass things. Kiss breakfast goodbye Scorp... :(

Daktari
10-01-2012, 06:42 AM
Romanesco cauliflower...it's beautiful in a fractal sorta way but it also looks reptilian and I can't even bring myself to consider trying it ever again. Tasted ok though. :|

lusciouskiwi
10-01-2012, 06:46 AM
Deep fried Mars bar
Kentucky Fried Chicken...yup really.
Deep fried pigs ears
Percebe

This?

The percebe is a delicious, edible gooseneck barnacle. Seafood lovers proclaim the succulent lusciousness of its slippery, slurpable innards make percebes earth’s best-tasting seafood. This opinion holds sway throughout Spain, said to consume more seafood per person than any country in the world.

Daktari
10-01-2012, 06:51 AM
This?

The percebe is a delicious, edible gooseneck barnacle. Seafood lovers proclaim the succulent lusciousness of its slippery, slurpable innards make percebes earth’s best-tasting seafood. This opinion holds sway throughout Spain, said to consume more seafood per person than any country in the world.

Yup, those are the ones. I can't can't stand the buggers. I tried them at Boqueria market in Barcelona. Have you ever seen a bunch of 'em? They look like dinosaur toenails :|

Teddybear
10-01-2012, 03:45 PM

oh i love fried liver and onions YUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Teddybear
10-01-2012, 03:49 PM
back in the day when microwaves first came out it came with a recipe book let me tell u a few things in that recipe book were horrible

noodles turned to mush
eggplant rubbery like chewing on the bottom of ur shoe

ruby_woo
10-01-2012, 04:11 PM
The mooncake that is handed out during the Chinese Mid-Autumn Festival. It tasted yummy and nutty until I got to the salted yolk in the middle. Was not expecting that.

Katniss
10-01-2012, 04:26 PM
Having had the occasion to eat everything from zebra (darn good might I add) to raw lambi (vomit inducing) to a spam sandwich with a big ole' swallow of 'ava (think warm dishwater and try not to puke in public...bad form) the nastiest thing I have encounter so far is.....

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51c8brlvhbL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Yes...boiled CANNED (wrong on so many levels) green peanuts. Truly gag-worthy even for a Southern girl.

Katniss~~ (years later I still shudder at the thought)

Ginger
10-01-2012, 04:47 PM
Last week in a Thai restaurant I ordered coconut shrimp.

The dish came, and the shrimp, which had been fried in a batter was piled on the plate. On top the shrimp, was a thick white sauce that tasted like—mayonnaise.

And it was. Mayonnaise. Mixed with coconut milk, according to the server.

That's not Thai.

That's just a bad idea.

Angeltoes
10-01-2012, 04:56 PM
I'm super picky so it's hard to choose. There's no possibility of me trying any organ meat so I can't say first hard that it's icky but I know it is.

Okra may be the worst. It's so slimy and stringy.

Ginger
10-01-2012, 05:05 PM
I'm super picky so it's hard to choose. There's no possibility of me trying any organ meat so I can't say first hard that it's icky but I know it is.

Okra may be the worst. It's so slimy and stringy.

Oh but fried okra... yummm.... my grandmother is smiling down on me ...

Angeltoes
10-01-2012, 05:10 PM
Oh but fried okra... yummm.... my grandmother is smiling down on me ...
Maybe I haven't had it prepared well. It seems to be a popular southern dish. I may try again!

MaggieBluIze
10-01-2012, 05:14 PM
I once had a bite of a Chicharrón Taco

OMG!!! Spit it right out onto the ground
and then put all my effort into not getting sick right there ...
My reaction got a big ole laugh from the person that told me to try it.

I was NOT happy.

So you don't have to look it up ...
Sorry for the weak stomached, but ...

Chicharrón Tacos are pork rind (skin of the pork)
after it has been seasoned and deep fried
then put in a taco and they are slimy, not crispy at all.

That was the very LAST time I tried anything
without looking up online what it was that I was trying!!

Mike
10-01-2012, 05:15 PM
head cheese

Duchess
10-01-2012, 05:55 PM
n34e5DMza3g

:seeingstars::seeingstars::seeingstars:

Greyson
12-05-2012, 01:40 AM
rice with pig's blood

:| :| :| :| :|

Gráinne
12-05-2012, 01:44 AM

That was my impression of octopus soup-wet rubber bands.

Greyson
12-05-2012, 01:50 AM
I will eat tripe, liver and fried okra but what is gross and I cannot eat is cilantro. I know most people like it but I cannot eat cilantro.

Jesse
12-05-2012, 02:04 AM
Pickled beets! :worried:

willow
12-05-2012, 04:14 AM
Raw oysters. Better known as bogey in a half shell.

Kobi
12-05-2012, 04:58 AM
http://ts2.mm.bing.net/th?id=I.4972602214778273&pid=15.1

Italian snail salad I like - chilled, sliced marinated rubber is tasty. Escargot is just gross.

Miss Scarlett
12-05-2012, 05:34 AM
Deep fried fat back...makes me gag just thinking about it...LOL

~ocean
12-05-2012, 06:12 AM
I will eat tripe, liver and fried okra but what is gross and I cannot eat is cilantro. I know most people like it but I cannot eat cilantro.

lol greyson me 2 ~~ even the scent of cilantro makes me ill .. w. cilantro being the new fad in american cooking .. i have to hold my nose ~

Gemme
12-05-2012, 06:26 AM

Really? Awww, I'll take those. I like pickled beets. :)

Pickled pig's feet. That's a whole different ball of wax right there. Everyone's on their own with that dish, although my mom loved them.

:blink:

Syr
12-05-2012, 06:46 AM
Really? Awww, I'll take those. I like pickled beets. :)

Pickled pig's feet. That's a whole different ball of wax right there. Everyone's on their own with that dish, although my mom loved them.

:blink:

I love pickled pigs feet:|

Gemme
12-05-2012, 06:50 AM
I love pickled pigs feet:|

All yours!!! :)

Prudence
12-05-2012, 07:11 AM
Thanks for giving me a heads up in what not to try......

lusciouskiwi
12-05-2012, 07:30 AM

I love picked beetroot, especially beetroot pickle. Nom nom nom.

http://smsread.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/Beetroot-Pickle.jpg

lusciouskiwi
12-05-2012, 07:31 AM
http://ts2.mm.bing.net/th?id=I.4972602214778273&pid=15.1

Italian snail salad I like - chilled, sliced marinated rubber is tasty. Escargot is just gross.

sea snails are pretty icky :(

GPS
12-05-2012, 07:44 AM
sushi :| ...........

*Anya*
12-05-2012, 07:47 AM
Can't eat pork rinds, Doritos, Fritos, Cheez Whiz or beets.

Yuck.

StrongButch
12-05-2012, 08:33 AM
Okra or cottage cheese.

*Anya*
12-05-2012, 09:20 AM
Oh, how could I forget? Sushi.

As a nurse, I know a little too much about it.

'Nuff said.

:|

GPS
12-05-2012, 09:27 AM
ya'll havent had Okra here in the south then. we dont eat it pickled *gag* fried Okra is the only way to eat it :)

i dont like squid, calamari, anything slimy *gag*

Katniss
12-05-2012, 11:35 AM
Maybe I haven't had it prepared well. It seems to be a popular southern dish. I may try again!

Next time you are down Georgia way you will have to let me know. I will fry you some okra the *right* way. Which is rolled in cornmeal (none of that thick breading cr*p) and flash fried in a hot, hot, hot cast iron skillet (<---cast iron being very important). It is not soggy *at all* but crunchy and delish! Oh...and don't forget you need a small bowl of pot likker as well.... and cornbread...not the "sweet" kind...and...*sigh*

Kartniss~~(guess what's for dinner tonight?)

Katniss
12-05-2012, 12:05 PM
dxQmOR_QLfQ

and then we have this. The squid is dead (main portion chopped off in kitchen) but the salt in the soy sauce interacts with the muscles to cause them to move.
I don't care how much of a delicacy this is...if my meal gets up and walks away on it's on....then so am I.

Katniss~~ (and to think ya'll be dissin' on the okra)

ruffryder
12-05-2012, 04:48 PM
bahahaha!

I like pork fatback - chicharrones, calamari breaded and fried, tripe, liver, and gizzards.

sorry folks that's good stuff! LOL

what is icky to me is the mexican version of mole in that they add chocolate or peanut butter to it. icky! don't like it tasting sweet only spicy with red chile.

Dante
12-05-2012, 09:56 PM
Poi in Hawaii. It really does taste like wallpaper paste.
My ex bought and cooked beef tongue!!! I could not even look at it. Major ewwwwww
Caviar .... fish eggs ??? No way

Icky foods to me

Greyson
12-06-2012, 12:22 AM
Poi in Hawaii. It really does taste like wallpaper paste.
My ex bought and cooked beef tongue!!! I could not even look at it. Major ewwwwww
Caviar .... fish eggs ??? No way

Icky foods to me

I feel you Dante. Except on the tongue, a.k.a. "Lengua." I am not a cook but I have eaten some of the best lengua when cooked home made the mexican way. Delicious!

sis
12-06-2012, 05:04 AM
While I was teaching in Bangkok 10 years ago I was taken out for a Lunar New Year meal. My hosts especially ordered a sauteed goose foot dish - it was quite slimy, chewy and full of little bones. I would say that was my ickiest dish every eaten. Now, give me :sushi: any day, any way and I'm quite a happy camper!

ManOMan
12-06-2012, 05:58 AM
The grossest thing for me was Uni.....
I LOVE sushi, and sashimi....But Uni (sea urchin)...the consistancy was mushy and disturbing.........

:elefant:

I totally agree. I made the mistake of ordering that exactly once. NEVER AGAIN!

Okiebug61
12-06-2012, 09:53 AM
ya'll havent had Okra here in the south then. we dont eat it pickled *gag* fried Okra is the only way to eat it :)

i dont like squid, calamari, anything slimy *gag*

I love pickled okra! It has to be fresh and crispy. I fry my okra in a cast iron skillet with cornmeal too. My grandmother taught me how, I cut the okra up, rinse in with water, cover the bowl with corn meal and shake it up. Then I put the okra in a plastic bag in the freezer for 30 mins to let the cormeal stick. Then fry it up. What I don't like is when someone fries their okra with tomatoes. Yuck!

starryeyes
12-06-2012, 11:40 AM
Smoked Salmon Nigiri.... *barf*

This was a few year ago, and I accidently checked the wrong salmon box. I'm not sure if the salmon was bad in some way, or if that was how it is supposed to taste (I have never been able to try smoked salmon again). I always check my nigiri order twice to make sure I have not accidentally checked "smoked" instead of fresh. Lol.

Close second.... Munching on some dry ceral *unknowingly* while it was covered in ants. Good times!!!