PDA

View Full Version : Facial and Body Hair!

ButchEire
08-04-2012, 08:46 AM
I'm a hairy guy, with no added hormones and now that i'm coming into my own as an FTM, i'm more comfortable letting the hair grow out. It also helps that I have a supportive partner who loves this hairy guy. I have the makings of a full goatee but i'm not sure I want to go that direction and i'm not a fan of full-on facial hair on anyone. I love the freedom of not having to shave every day and well, I do love my furry pelt,lol. I refer to myself as a sasquatch.

So, how do you, as an FTM, manscape? How do you feel about being hairy? What about partners/girlfriends/etc., do you like your man's hair?

Tony
08-04-2012, 09:09 AM
Lol @manscape. If you really knew me, you'd know that term makes me laugh. Nothing nasty; just an amusing term. I'm not a metrosexual kind of guy. Anyway, I too have always been hairy, even pre T. I've had a mustache & goatee for more years than I've been breathing. I also have a soul patch & have done longer side burns. I've been blessed with a full thick head of hair (thanks to my Sicilian heritage). Even tho age as thinned some hair, it's still all good. My women have always been good with any of my hair, although I did lose the goatee for a few. But never the "flavor savor". It obviously is a personal issue; me personally, I've always loved my facial, arm & leg hair. Don't always shave as often as I should, but the upside of that is, I clean up much better when I have to. Lol.
Just my .02 & own experience.

ruffryder
08-04-2012, 09:22 AM
yea I wonder once on hormones how hairy I'll be as I already am and shave! I trim my pitts and package, and sometimes trim or shave my legs. they get hairy fast. I even have a bit of a stache and chin hair going. My hair grows fast too but I usually wear my hair with some hair, sometimes sideburns, sometimes cut them. Every few days I have to trim around my ears as my hair likes to grow around them and shave the back of my neckline to keep it looking clean. I've dated girls that like my hair and some that don't. Usually they don't say much; I guess they expect it from a guy. It grows on them. :p Not sure how my current babe feels. Once in awhile I'll catch her looking at my pit. lol I just laugh and say, "you like my hairy pit babe?"

Gemme
08-05-2012, 08:50 AM
I love my guy's hairy legs and arms! Hy shaves when the stubble gets a bit prickly, but I don't mind a little facial scrub either.

:)

luv2luvgirls
08-05-2012, 10:25 AM
I have always had hairy legs and arms.. I like them that way so I dont shave them EVER! plus Gemme loves it hehe
since my preteen hormone days I have always had facial hair,I shave my face and lip everyday,though sometimes I like to prick Gemme and go one day w/o shaving :cheesy:

I was just born with way more testosterone so even though I am going FTM , I wont take the hormones,I have a deep voice and hair already. Im good with how much I naturally produce. I dont think I would want to chance having back hair, for me anyway, as I also have chest hair naturally and a happy trail. Might still research on it more

ButchEire
08-05-2012, 10:57 AM
Very cool! I too, am not going the hormone route for the same reasons. It wouldn't really make much difference.

I have always had hairy legs and arms.. I like them that way so I dont shave them EVER! plus Gemme loves it hehe
since my preteen hormone days I have always had facial hair,I shave my face and lip everyday,though sometimes I like to prick Gemme and go one day w/o shaving :cheesy:

I was just born with way more testosterone so even though I am going FTM , I wont take the hormones,I have a deep voice and hair already. Im good with how much I naturally produce. I dont think I would want to chance having back hair, for me anyway, as I also have chest hair naturally and a happy trail. Might still research on it more

luv2luvgirls
08-05-2012, 11:09 AM
Great thread B!
I hear you on the not make much difference in what we would want, just worried I would get the difference I dont want lol :blink:

SelfMadeMan
11-09-2012, 02:24 PM
I'm a hairy guy, with no added hormones and now that i'm coming into my own as an FTM, i'm more comfortable letting the hair grow out. It also helps that I have a supportive partner who loves this hairy guy. I have the makings of a full goatee but i'm not sure I want to go that direction and i'm not a fan of full-on facial hair on anyone. I love the freedom of not having to shave every day and well, I do love my furry pelt,lol. I refer to myself as a sasquatch.

So, how do you, as an FTM, manscape? How do you feel about being hairy? What about partners/girlfriends/etc., do you like your man's hair?

Bumping cuz it's interesting to hear the different thoughts on this! I was partnered with someone previously who thought body hair was gross - and complained about mine. After a couple of years of that, I felt very self conscious about it, and started shaving my pits and using a short guard to trim everything else, legs included. I also had my own issues prior to top surgery... for some reason, the hair on my chest pre-op really, REALLY bothered me. I want to add, that there was nothing wrong with it, it was just my personal self esteem issue to deal with. Fortunately for me, my wife of 10 years is 100% ok with my body and facial hair - and it's a damn good thing, because after 17 years on T - I have some hair! I manscape a little here and there, and for my face, I alternate between a full (clean cut) beard, and doing a goatee & soul patch with long sideburns. Right now, I'm doing "no-shave November" and getting quite scruffy so far. I've never just let it go for a whole month and not even trim, so this will be interesting!

ButchEire
11-09-2012, 02:39 PM
Interesting and thanks for the replies! I've been experimenting growing thicker facial hair by applying Minoxidil once or twice a day. I have done so for a few months and I do notice additional growth. Over time, that should thicken as the vellus hairs turn into terminal ones that are thicker and typically, darker.

Bino85
11-11-2013, 03:02 PM
I have just started shaving my facial hair. I actually had pretty good little stash going. It was a little hard to let it go, but I also like the stubble. Shaving is a highlight in my busy day. I am not on T so it will be interesting so see how well I can do with just shaving.

Rockinonahigh
11-11-2013, 04:24 PM
When I get my hair cut I have to tell the person doing the cutting not to cut trim or other wise do anything to the side burn hair cause it is supposed to be there,even tho its fairly blond and baby fine the first thing they wan't to do is whack it off.It grows down to the middle of my face and I have used the comb on hair color to get it to match my hair color,I have a very noticeable fuzzy upper lip that I can to the same to.Once I was ask if I would shave it all off for any reason?No,I said it dosen't even come into the picture nor dose my body hair even tho it is less noticeable is darker,tho it hadn't been any issue untill the last couple of years,I gess cause we have been more noticeable.

Bad_boi
11-11-2013, 04:47 PM
I am kinda fuzzy. Its great.

Corkey
11-11-2013, 04:55 PM
If I didn't shave every now and again I'd be a pluckin'fool.:glasses:

JDeere
02-07-2015, 11:24 PM
BUMP BUMP!

Anyone else here have people ask you to shave your legs, for various reasons and how do you handle it?

Corkey
02-07-2015, 11:30 PM
If you aren't comfortable doing so, just say no. Your body your rules.

JDeere
02-07-2015, 11:31 PM
If you aren't comfortable doing so, just say no. Your body your rules.

I agree my body, my rules.

I just hate when family says things and sometimes they are hurtful.

Corkey
02-07-2015, 11:38 PM

Remind them you are the boss of your life, not them. They can come along for the ride or hit the curb as they wish. They don't get to be master of your life. Now you may think that harsh, but for me I'd rather not have family around me who don't respect me and my life. Your mileage may vary.

JDeere
02-07-2015, 11:42 PM
Remind them you are the boss of your life, not them. They can come along for the ride or hit the curb as they wish. They don't get to be master of your life. Now you may think that harsh, but for me I'd rather not have family around me who don't respect me and my life. Your mileage may vary.

I don't see it as harsh, I appreciate all feed back!

Gemme
02-08-2015, 06:53 AM

Tell them it's your winter pelt and to back off or you'll shave them.

Or do what Corkey said.

:blink:

JDeere
02-08-2015, 08:26 PM
Tell them it's your winter pelt and to back off or you'll shave them.

Or do what Corkey said.

:blink:

HAHAHAHAHAAH winter pelt! Good one Gemme!

DapperButch
02-08-2015, 09:29 PM
HAHAHAHAHAAH winter pelt! Good one Gemme!

Have you taken any steps to get on testosterone? I know you were looking for information on it. Reality is that if you go on T, they will for sure have to get used to body hair!

JDeere
02-08-2015, 09:35 PM
Have you taken any steps to get on testosterone? I know you were looking for information on it. Reality is that if you go on T, they will for sure have to get used to body hair!

Working with a therapist here right now. I have seen how hairy some guys gets lol, look like Grizzlies! I am used to it but they aren't and I think they are in denial about me being trans.

DapperButch
02-09-2015, 08:42 AM
Working with a therapist here right now. I have seen how hairy some guys gets lol, look like Grizzlies! I am used to it but they aren't and I think they are in denial about me being trans.

Yes, it's hard. Good luck to you.

theoddz
02-09-2015, 11:12 AM
I have tons of hair.....everywhere but on my head. :|

Having been on T since 2007, my poor hairline has receded and has retreated to my back, shoulders, chest and legs. Unfortunately, I guess, I come from a hairy lineage, though I don't know for sure exactly what, since I was adopted and don't know anything about my birth genetics. I do know that I have a *lot* of Irish blood and Native American in me, via the information I do have (non-identifying) about my birthmother's side.

I love being neat and tidy, in my appearance. Despite my receding hairline, I keep my hair cut in the traditional "Marine Corps style" of what's known as a "high 'n tight". I've always loved facial hair, even before I transitioned, and was absolutely elated when I discovered that I can grow a nice, wonderfully full beard!! Ever since, it seems that I vacillate between having a full, very short and neatly trimmed beard and a nice trimmed, short goatee and 'stache with longer sideburns. It actually depends on what season of the year we're in, too, as I keep a full beard from the early Fall (Sept.-Oct.) through about March or April, and then cut down to the goatee/'stache/sideburns during the hot summer months. Here in Vegas, it can get abominably HOT in the summer and if I keep longer, thicker facial hair, I am miserably hot. Not to mention, full of acne/heat rash. I hate, hate HATE getting a zit in my beard!!!!

Anyway, I trim things where needed and pretty much leave everything else alone. For ME, it's all about keeping a neat and tidy appearance while maintaining comfortability. I'm almost to the OCD level when it comes to bathing, keeping a neat haircut and being mindful of the fact that hair holds odors, so it is an absolute necessity for me to take 1 or more showers per day and use powders, talc and a nice cologne to finish off a well groomed appearance. :winky:

~Theo~ :bouquet:

Daktari
02-09-2015, 12:04 PM
Not shaved, waxed or dipilated anything for nigh on 30yrs. Pubes are kept clipped and tidy, everything else grows as nature intended. I'm not a hairy chap however. Femmes have always been agog at my almost hairless and unshaved legs for years.

Only issue I ever had was with the small-minded dykes on the gay clubbing scene I hung out with 20yrs ago. They thought anyone who didn't shave their body hair was 'disgusting'.
Their intolerance and closed-mindedness was a huge factor in my dropping the 'straight' gay clubbing scene in favour of the more alternative, kinky, far more tolerant pansexual scene. The happy result was an identity journey I never anticipated. :cheesy:

JDeere
02-17-2015, 10:09 PM
I told them to get over it and let the topic of MY personal body issues go. It felt good but I still think they won't let it go and continue on due to being in severe denial.

Corkey
02-17-2015, 10:12 PM
When they bring it up again, 'cause I think you're right, do not engage with them, turn walk away refuse to submit to their intolerance.:fastdraq:

JDeere
02-17-2015, 10:15 PM
When they bring it up again, 'cause I think you're right, do not engage with them, turn walk away refuse to submit to their intolerance.:fastdraq:

Good reminder for me, Thanks and yes walk away is a good thing, because I do tend to get annoyed and lose my temper:slapfight:

Logicaly
02-20-2015, 02:50 AM
I have been trying to grow a beard and mustache. It has been a very slow process for me. My beard grows in patchy so I try to trim it without shaving it off. My mustache is super light but is slowly starting to get a bit darker now.

bright_arrow
02-20-2015, 02:52 AM
I have been trying to grow a beard and mustache. It has been a very slow process for me. My beard grows in patchy so I try to trim it without shaving it off. My mustache is super light but is slowly starting to get a bit darker now.

Just popping in to say that I really love your beard :)

JDeere
02-20-2015, 02:56 AM
I naturally grow a mustache, it ranges from light to dark, depending on how often I shave. No beard just natural peach fuzz.

I hear some transmen take awhile to grow facial hair and others it grows really fast.

DapperButch
02-20-2015, 06:30 AM

I see you identify as transgender male. Are you on testosterone, or is this just natural growth?

Logicaly
02-20-2015, 06:14 PM
I am on testosterone. It was a good 2 years before I started growing any facial hair at all. I was hoping to not have issues as the men in my family have no problem growing beards.

pumpndude
10-27-2016, 11:11 PM
For me it took about 3 years before I could even grow facial hair and leg hair....I wish I was born with thicker hair on my head but I had thin hair....
Now I'm bald but I don't care.....I'm a man and I embrace that with all that I
am.....

I know I was born the wrong sex so shaving now and getting to choose if I want a mustache, beard or be clean shaven, makes me feel great..

I don't mind at all shaving, that's what men do...:cigar2:

DapperButch
02-05-2017, 11:33 AM

I am close to 2.5 years on T, with 2 years of that being "full dose".

I am not "hairy" for a male, and not as hairy as I think most guys are this long on testosterone. I believe I will get a good amount more hair, it just isn't happening as quickly as I thought it would. I don't have much feeling either way about my hair. I would like more facial hair, as I would like to have more options than I do now. I have a mustache and under the chin hair, but it is not as thick as a typical 46 year old, so I would never grow it out. I don't know that I will ever wear facial hair, anyway. I don't know that it looks good on me. I am also not around a lot of guys with facial hair. My Dad always shaved, and in my professional environment I just don't see many guys with facial hair. Never do I see a full beard on anyone. I like the overall short, short scruffy look, but that would never fit in my professional world.

I see I am getting some hair on the back of my shoulders. If that actually becomes a "thing", I will be getting my back waxed regularly. Back hair just really grosses me out. I am sure that if I get sasquatch like, I won't be pleased.

In terms of mascaping. I shave my face every day and I trim my nether regions, when needed. It took me a long time to accept having to shave my face daily, but it really doesn't take too long after you get used to it. I have also accepted the fact I can't get away with just using an electric razor.

JeanPaul
09-20-2017, 10:54 AM
so envious of all who can grow facial hair...i am nearly 5 months on T and painting my face 2x day with extra strength Minoxidal, all I have to show are 6 black moustache hairs...I have a crapload of vellum-hairs all over my face. Hopefully 1/2 of the vellum will turn coarse and black and I will have the facial hair I desire. Is so important to me to help to pass as a man....getting mis gendered is very exacerbating, hoping mounds of facial hair will help folks to see me for the real me.

Logicaly
10-21-2017, 08:13 PM
So it's been a long time now that I have been on hormones and I am still growing a patchy beard and light mustache. I have started using Rogaine basically on my face and have noticed a difference in doing so, especially on my sideburns starting to finally grow more.

DapperButch
10-21-2017, 09:30 PM
So it's been a long time now that I have been on hormones and I am still growing a patchy beard and light mustache. I have started using Rogaine basically on my face and have noticed a difference in doing so, especially on my sideburns starting to finally grow more.

I could grow a full mustache and a heavy beard on the bottom of my chin and under it. The sideburns are coming in and the other areas are patchy.

I shave the fuck out of it. I find myself obsessed with a soft face. I am the only trans guy I know who wants to be clean shaven. Don't misunderstand, I am looking forward to the ability to have a full beard, but until that can happen (a year or so), I want every inch perfectly cleared and smooth. I can't stand the feeling of stubble. I am a member of the Dollar Shave Club. $6 a month and I get 4 cartridges a month. That means a fresh razor every week.

It has become an obsession. Super lighting, magnifying mirrors...lol.

In terms of Rogaine, I heard it works, but only if you keep using it. I guess in the same way that it works on one's head... you have to keep using it.

Blaze
10-21-2017, 10:41 PM
So from when I was young child till now. 99.9% of the time I was addressed as Sir. As I got into my teens I had my bouts with Chemo, and after battling that, and losing all my hair, it came back with a vengeance. I’m like Dapper. I like a clean shaven face. I’ve gone a couple of weeks not shaving. But I get heat rash. Maybe it’s stress. So I prefer clean cut. My legs are hairier than most of my brothers. And my family is fairly hairy. I have never been on T’s. But motorcycle accident and scalp being road rashed has helped with hair thinning. Omg. I didn’t realize I been shaving that long lmao. Don’t shave legs, arms or pits. I would probably need a weed whacker just to get close enough to start. And heck No. No wax! I like my hairy legs. I know if mosquitoes are around lol.

TIMBERWOLF
10-22-2017, 09:42 AM
I've been shaving since I was 27. I had very hairy legs but since going on dialysis my hair has thinned out and no hair on my legs. If I don't shave every day I will grown a goatee and somewhat tash. I get a 5 0clock shadow. I don't shave as much as I use too when I worked. I ve never taken T or wanted too.

DapperButch
01-04-2018, 10:03 PM
Hey, guys. So since I am off work for several weeks, I decided to do the "no shave" thing just to track progress with my transition. Well, I can say that I certainly can grow a full mustache and heavy hair on chin/under chin. Patchy hair on cheeks. I will be out of work for another week, so I am interested to see how it goes.

Until I kicked up my T dose I really was at a stand still for about a year when it came to facial/body hair.

I was 3 years on T as of September, 2017, however, it was very low and inconsistent dosing for the first 6 months.

DapperButch
01-16-2018, 08:08 PM
Hey, guys. So since I am off work for several weeks, I decided to do the "no shave" thing just to track progress with my transition. Well, I can say that I certainly can grow a full mustache and heavy hair on chin/under chin. Patchy hair on cheeks. I will be out of work for another week, so I am interested to see how it goes.

Until I kicked up my T dose I really was at a stand still for about a year when it came to facial/body hair.

I was 3 years on T as of September, 2017, however, it was very low and inconsistent dosing for the first 6 months.

Ok, so I go back to work on Thursday. I am pleased with this mustache and goatee thing I have rockin' It isn't super thick, but it is thick enough that I don't look like one of those 40-something year old trans guys who has the facial hair of a teenage boy. I do like that it is very soft. I am a bit surprised to see the amount of gray in my beard. It isn't a lot by any means, but it is more than the gray I have on my head (which is only a few strands).

So now I have been doing all this research on beards, beard oil, etc. Very fun.

I have solicited opinions from 6 people and they all agree it looks good and have convinced me to keep it. I am sure I will get a ton more opinions when I go back to work. :)

Dean Thoreau
06-08-2018, 12:22 PM
Ohhhhhh hair!
Ok I was well endowed with facial hair before T
Now that I am on 100T per week stuff is growing.
Ok granted I can see it and feel it and if u want to u have to get closer but it’s growing. Oh and the left side of torso has hair coming in.... very light in color... right side nada
Places that didn’t have any are filling in, and yesterday I did a selfie and the gf noticed; much to her chagrin;
My daughter noticed as did the youngest grandchild who can hardly wait to take that medicine and grow a beard ( she is 8 and will tell u she is a boy and wears boys clothes down to the boxers; been doing this since she was 3).
Well anyway if I could get a pic to post I would post one...

Question - what happened to that insatiable sexual appetite? It went away,,, well that was short lived. After T went from 75 a week to 100 it went away... next week going to 150 a week, as long as my blood pressure stays normal going higher, but going to ask the endocrinologist for tamaxifen which will prevent the T from converting to estrogen especially in those fat cell areas.
Which yup, when I get the go ahead from the oncologist surgeons next week hitting the gym, and riding my bike...
????? Did u all’s gf’s et al have difficulty when the changes actually started being visible?
I’m all excited, about the changes and feeling the hair on my face not with hands but just it being there and tickling my upper lip or mouth corners.. is just well affirming and gives me more confidence and needless to say the gf is going thru stuff... as this stuff happens.

Oh gotta tell u this one... I went grocery shopping ( something I have been doing for 50 years ) and I like to study prices compute things in my head as to which is really the better buy and will I really eat 5 gallons of pickles etc,
So there I am in produce dept standing and staring at the 45 varieties of romaine lettuce... bagged.. organic.. etcetc deciding how much I will need to have and which one is cheaper.. next thing I know I have this nice mature woman shopper offering me assistance since it appeared I was out of my element.... ��. And dam almost every aisle these sweet ladies were helping me... telling me oh u need noodles? What is your wife going to cook, oh your not married and you are cooking?? Damn, I have decided that early morning grocery shopping is a lot of fun... Tuesday’s my new activity. I was very courteous to Each lady. Lot more fun than cruising nursing homes �� (joke)

DapperButch
06-08-2018, 01:07 PM
My update to the thread is to say that I only thought i was seeing gray hair. I am glad to say that I don't have any gray!

Everyone loves the goatee/mustache look. Cheeks are growing in more and more, but I keep them shaved.

Ohhhhhh hair!
Ok I was well endowed with facial hair before T
Now that I am on 100T per week stuff is growing.
Ok granted I can see it and feel it and if u want to u have to get closer but it’s growing. Oh and the left side of torso has hair coming in.... very light in color... right side nada
Places that didn’t have any are filling in, and yesterday I did a selfie and the gf noticed; much to her chagrin;
My daughter noticed as did the youngest grandchild who can hardly wait to take that medicine and grow a beard ( she is 8 and will tell u she is a boy and wears boys clothes down to the boxers; been doing this since she was 3).
Well anyway if I could get a pic to post I would post one...

Question - what happened to that insatiable sexual appetite? It went away,,, well that was short lived. After T went from 75 a week to 100 it went away... next week going to 150 a week, as long as my blood pressure stays normal going higher, but going to ask the endocrinologist for tamaxifen which will prevent the T from converting to estrogen especially in those fat cell areas.
Which yup, when I get the go ahead from the oncologist surgeons next week hitting the gym, and riding my bike...
????? Did u all’s gf’s et al have difficulty when the changes actually started being visible?
I’m all excited, about the changes and feeling the hair on my face not with hands but just it being there and tickling my upper lip or mouth corners.. is just well affirming and gives me more confidence and needless to say the gf is going thru stuff... as this stuff happens.

Oh gotta tell u this one... I went grocery shopping ( something I have been doing for 50 years ) and I like to study prices compute things in my head as to which is really the better buy and will I really eat 5 gallons of pickles etc,
So there I am in produce dept standing and staring at the 45 varieties of romaine lettuce... bagged.. organic.. etcetc deciding how much I will need to have and which one is cheaper.. next thing I know I have this nice mature woman shopper offering me assistance since it appeared I was out of my element.... ��. And dam almost every aisle these sweet ladies were helping me... telling me oh u need noodles? What is your wife going to cook, oh your not married and you are cooking?? Damn, I have decided that early morning grocery shopping is a lot of fun... Tuesday’s my new activity. I was very courteous to Each lady. Lot more fun than cruising nursing homes �� (joke)

Dean, I am sorry that your GF is struggling with this. If she is on FB, there are a couple of groups for partners of trans men. Does she identify as a lesbian and only dates women? I see you are in Philadelphia where the Mazonni Center is. I wonder if the Mazonni Center has, or knows of a support group for partners of trans people. My understanding is the literature states that 50% of couples stay together after transition. Some people can adjust to the person's gender change, and some cannot. Cis women seem to have an easier time when their female to male partners transition. Most of the time the FTM was already masculine to begin with, so there isn't as huge of a shift for the women dateing a FTM, like this is for cis female wives of trans women.

Has she gone with you to your gender therapist to discuss and get any questions answered? I always bring in the partner/family/whoever prior to the person starting hormones. It is a transition for everyone in the person's life. Does she have a therapist for herself? I would encourage that. She needs a place of support. Have you all been together long?

Hair growth is a funny thing. Hair stared coming in on my left arm faster than my right, but the hair on my face and chest started coming in first on the right side.

I still don't have hairy legs, which surprises me. I am happy to report that I have no back or butt hair. I would like more chest hair to cover my top surgery scars. I would rather be less hairy, then hairy, but like the ability to grow a beard.

Good luck to your girlfriend. Do the best you can to be understanding. I know you are probably excited to share you joy about your body changes, but try to keep in mind she is less than thrilled. She may be feeling like she is "losing you", through this process. Do you have others that you reach out to, to share your joy about the changes?

Vincent
12-25-2018, 07:19 PM
I love my guy's hairy legs and arms! Hy shaves when the stubble gets a bit prickly, but I don't mind a little facial scrub either.

:)

That was a tricky thing,with my ex having stubble,and her getting a rash,so I had to shave morn and night.
I'm not hairy at all,been on T 11 years,my beards look like smudged dirt,I can do a soul patch,good thing is I can do the 2 day growth thing and it looks good,by day 3,I look like I'm 10 yrs older.
I'm never going bald,in 11 yrs Ive not receded 1cm,my hair on my head is like carpet,other than that,I'm not that hairy and its all blonde hair,on my legs and arms,looks great with a tan though.
be good to see a bit more action on these threads

cheers

cathexis
12-25-2018, 10:12 PM
That was a tricky thing,with my ex having stubble,and her getting a rash,so I had to shave morn and night.
I'm not hairy at all,been on T 11 years,my beards look like smudged dirt,I can do a soul patch,good thing is I can do the 2 day growth thing and it looks good,by day 3,I look like I'm 10 yrs older.
I'm never going bald,in 11 yrs Ive not receded 1cm,my hair on my head is like carpet,other than that,I'm not that hairy and its all blonde hair,on my legs and arms,looks great with a tan though.
be good to see a bit more action on these threads

cheers

Sometimes, chin hair will grow in scraggly and straight with soft, curly cheeks and sideburns. All are just on the red side of strawberry blonde. As I age more, they'll just turn white. Have been referred to as a sasquatch.

JDeere
12-25-2018, 10:46 PM
My legs look like a huge brown tree forest LOL but its patchy in places due to thyroid problems.

Same goes with underarm hair and pubic area. I know TMI but we ARE talking about hair aren't we? LOL

I have peach fuzz, as my ex calls it, on my upper lip and chin. I plan on keeping it for awhile!

Vincent
12-27-2018, 02:37 PM
My legs look like a huge brown tree forest LOL but its patchy in places due to thyroid problems.

Same goes with underarm hair and pubic area. I know TMI but we ARE talking about hair aren't we? LOL

I have peach fuzz, as my ex calls it, on my upper lip and chin. I plan on keeping it for awhile!

I dont have fuzz,just scratchy stubble now.
I remember at first shaving was fun
now its like,oh f..... I gotta shave,before it gets too,thick n prickly

thyroid can really cause a lot of havic in the body eh?

JDeere
12-27-2018, 04:02 PM
I dont have fuzz,just scratchy stubble now.
I remember at first shaving was fun
now its like,oh f..... I gotta shave,before it gets too,thick n prickly

thyroid can really cause a lot of havic in the body eh?

Yes big time havoc. It sucks trust me.

Vincent
12-27-2018, 04:13 PM
Yes big time havoc. It sucks trust me.

I'm sorry to hear that
I have a friend with graves disease,I dont know if thats thyroid,I think it is.

I'm lucky in that getting T was easy and transition has been the best thing to happen to me.

And I'm on a Tetosterone Reandron,which is slow release and only 3 monthly shots,and no troughs,or high and lows.Plus its subsidised by the govt over here,but sadly only if you have changed you documents.

Im sorry I didnt respong earlier,I didnt know you responded

JDeere
12-27-2018, 10:04 PM
I'm sorry to hear that
I have a friend with graves disease,I dont know if thats thyroid,I think it is.

I'm lucky in that getting T was easy and transition has been the best thing to happen to me.

And I'm on a Tetosterone Reandron,which is slow release and only 3 monthly shots,and no troughs,or high and lows.Plus its subsidised by the govt over here,but sadly only if you have changed you documents.

Im sorry I didnt respong earlier,I didnt know you responded

Yes Grave is a thyroid disease, I am either hypo or hyper thryoidism, I can't remember but am on meds for it. I am hoping my transition will go smoothly since I'm finding out that Planned Parenthood has services as well as the gltb centers here. My first step is seeing if I can get weight loss surgery, since my last health scare my weight has gone up and down, a lot.

Then hoping my doc will do what needs to be done so I can do what I need to do, to be who I really am.

No worries take time in responding, all conversation will eventually end up being posted on!

Vincent
12-28-2018, 04:03 PM
Yes Grave is a thyroid disease, I am either hypo or hyper thryoidism, I can't remember but am on meds for it. I am hoping my transition will go smoothly since I'm finding out that Planned Parenthood has services as well as the gltb centers here. My first step is seeing if I can get weight loss surgery, since my last health scare my weight has gone up and down, a lot.

Then hoping my doc will do what needs to be done so I can do what I need to do, to be who I really am.

No worries take time in responding, all conversation will eventually end up being posted on!

weight loss is a good idea,people think T is a weight loss solution,absolutly not true,and one thing,Tetosterone loves lean,the leaner you are,the more muscle you get and hair,well whats happened to me.
Eastrogen loves fat,I have noticed bigger transwoman,are really hard to pick as is leaner transwoman,but same as larger men,their skin is softer and their body shape takes on a more female look.

My advice is try starting a new lifestyle,I had weight issues,yo yo dieting,what worked was a change in lifestyle,now I tell myself,eating junk food or binging is not self love,food is sistenance to feed my body,nothing else.

But I also,just start again if I fuck up,and start slow.

JDeere
12-28-2018, 05:49 PM
weight loss is a good idea,people think T is a weight loss solution,absolutly not true,and one thing,Tetosterone loves lean,the leaner you are,the more muscle you get and hair,well whats happened to me.
Eastrogen loves fat,I have noticed bigger transwoman,are really hard to pick as is leaner transwoman,but same as larger men,their skin is softer and their body shape takes on a more female look.

My advice is try starting a new lifestyle,I had weight issues,yo yo dieting,what worked was a change in lifestyle,now I tell myself,eating junk food or binging is not self love,food is sistenance to feed my body,nothing else.

But I also,just start again if I fuck up,and start slow.

I have seen an enormous amount of very overweight transmen and women, who thought that going on hormones was a weight loss solution, when I knew it wasn't. My mom, well my adopted mom, is an RN so she pretty much let me have free reign of her medical books and I did my own research on it. The skinny transguys are getting muscled up cuz they are leaner, which I get as well. I pretty much know I need to lose weight not only to have a better chance on T but to not die again like I did before.

Vincent
12-28-2018, 07:47 PM
I have seen an enormous amount of very overweight transmen and women, who thought that going on hormones was a weight loss solution, when I knew it wasn't. My mom, well my adopted mom, is an RN so she pretty much let me have free reign of her medical books and I did my own research on it. The skinny transguys are getting muscled up cuz they are leaner, which I get as well. I pretty much know I need to lose weight not only to have a better chance on T but to not die again like I did before.

All round its win win

Ive seen guys that once they started T and had chest surgery,really start to feel more themselves and do lose it.
Well the not dieing is very motivational mate.
the good thing is your thinking about it,and then that can lead to action.

JDeere
01-02-2019, 10:21 PM
All round its win win

Ive seen guys that once they started T and had chest surgery,really start to feel more themselves and do lose it.
Well the not dieing is very motivational mate.
the good thing is your thinking about it,and then that can lead to action.

Yes a win win situation!

cathexis
01-03-2019, 12:38 AM
Yes a win win situation!

Maybe, seeing Cardiology for a work-up/clearance prior to surgery would be prudent. My Plastic Surgeon requires Cardiology and Internal Medicine clearances to provide for the Anesthesiologist before scheduling Top Surgery.

JDeere
01-03-2019, 08:38 PM
I already see one, which is good for the future when I get top surgery. I had to see a cardiologist, Internal Medicine, etc during my time after my health scare and continue.

Anyways I haven't shaved in awhile, I don't think I will for awhile, it's so inconvenient. Only shaving will be when I get a new haircut LOL

theoddz
12-03-2020, 10:42 AM
If you're wondering about what it might involve when it comes to growing your facial hair, here's a great video about that experience, what most guys can expect, and how to deal with it.

42tzrkqmakw

P.S. Beard oil and beard balm sure made things more comfy for me during the time my beard grew out. :winky:

~Theo~ :bouquet: