PDA

View Full Version : First Lady Michelle Obama....

Strappie
09-04-2012, 09:30 PM
I gotta say I was so move I had tears running down my face. Her Speech was amazing to me. It hit home on so many levels.

My favorite part of the whole speech was this....

"If farmers and blacksmiths could win independence from an empire … if immigrants could leave behind everything they knew for a better life on our shores…if women could be dragged to jail for seeking the vote…if a generation could defeat a depression, and define greatness for all time … if a young preacher could lift us to the mountaintop with his righteous dream … and if proud Americans can be who they are and boldly stand at the altar with who they love…then surely, surely we can give everyone in this country a fair chance at that great American Dream."

Anyone else see and have the same effect as I? Or was it different?

Just_G
09-04-2012, 09:33 PM
Yep, I am right there with you...I had to wipe tears from my face a couple of times. She is by FAR, the most amazing First Lady to me.

When she talks about how the President interacts with the girls, it is just so real and makes him so normal and human and relatable!

Strappie
09-04-2012, 09:36 PM
Yep, I am right there with you...I had to wipe tears from my face a couple of times. She is by FAR, the most amazing First Lady to me.

When she talks about how the President interacts with the girls, it is just so real and makes him so normal and human and relatable!

I so agree G... when she talked about how they grew up that they didn't have much and their parents did everything they could to help them out as children and young adults. I thought about my parents and how they helped us out growing up as much as they could even though they didn't have a lot of money.

Strappie
09-04-2012, 09:36 PM
one more quote....

"...And he believes that when you've worked hard, and done well, and walked through that doorway of opportunity...you do not slam it shut behind you...you reach back, and you give other folks the same chances that helped you succeed."

Rockinonahigh
09-04-2012, 09:37 PM
You bet,she is by far the best first lady,she lives life in a real world dealing with things that everyday people do.I imagine if she had ask for the presidency it would be hers.

starryeyes
09-04-2012, 09:37 PM
I have not been able to see it yet because I am working, but I can't wait to see it when I get home. Yay!

Kätzchen
09-04-2012, 09:38 PM
You see, at the end of the day, my most important title is still “mom-in-chief.” -- First Lady, Michelle Obama (DNC 2012)

Didn't hear her speech, but I smiled when I read the transcript
(Detroit Free Press, 9:33 pst)

princessbelle
09-04-2012, 09:40 PM
I gotta say I was so move I had tears running down my face. Her Speech was amazing to me. It hit home on so many levels.

If farmers and blacksmiths could win independence from an empire … if immigrants could leave behind everything they knew for a better life on our shores…if women could be dragged to jail for seeking the vote…if a generation could defeat a depression, and define greatness for all time … if a young preacher could lift us to the mountaintop with his righteous dream … and if proud Americans can be who they are and boldly stand at the altar with who they love…then surely, surely we can give everyone in this country a fair chance at that great American Dream.

Me too Strappie. Bully just kept handing me tissues. I was wowed. I was very moved and WOW she is an amazing mother, and first lady.

You just don't get better than that!!!!!

Makes me so proud to be an AMERICAN!!!!

FOUR MORE YEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Strappie
09-04-2012, 09:43 PM
That speech re-affirmed why He is my President and She is my First Lady!!

Hollylane
09-04-2012, 09:46 PM
I honestly think they are both the utmost genuine people in the public eye. I truly appreciate them and the way they love each other, and their children. I have never seen an American president look at his wife and children with so much love. It is amazing to behold. I really appreciate having them in the White House. They make me proud to be an American.

Strappie
09-04-2012, 09:47 PM
This was also true with my family....

"You see, Barack and I were both raised by families who didn't have much in the way of money or material possessions but who had given us something far more valuable – their unconditional love, their unflinching sacrifice, and the chance to go places they had never imagined for themselves."

Justin
09-04-2012, 09:51 PM
I will have to check this out!!! Thanks :)

BullDog
09-04-2012, 10:07 PM
It was just an amazing moment in American history. I agree with you Strappie that the quote that you posted was the heart of the speech. Barack and Michelle Obama are incredible people. I am so proud and feel so fortunate that they are our President and First Lady.

Gráinne
09-04-2012, 10:12 PM
Whether you love or loathe the President (I'm the former), she is so genuine and likeable that it's hard to dislike her. It's a shame she is not interested in public office :(.

Angeltoes
09-04-2012, 10:41 PM
It was brilliant. She is the classiest and most intelligent first lady I can remember. I think she should have a political career of her own someday. She is a lawyer like the majority of U.S. Presidents have been.

Greyson
09-04-2012, 11:15 PM
You bet,she is by far the best first lady,she lives life in a real world dealing with things that everyday people do.I imagine if she had ask for the presidency it would be hers.

Agreed. A few times in our history, I think the First Lady should have been the president or at least had a strong influence in the Presidents decisions. Here are my top three.

1. Eleanor Roosevelt
2. Hillary Clinton
3. Michelle Obama

Not in my order of preference. In order of a historical time line. All very wise women and leaders.

BullDog
09-04-2012, 11:38 PM
9sbm83xoV8g

Here is a video of our First Lady's speech so we can watch again and again. :D
(the quote from Strappie's OP is at minute 22)

Angeltoes
09-04-2012, 11:55 PM
Here is a video of our First Lady's speech so we can watch again and again. :D
(the quote from Strappie's OP is at minute 22)
Love you, Michelle! Every time I lose faith in America, I'll watch this.

Martina
09-05-2012, 12:41 AM
I'm just loving the idea of Barack at dinnertime strategizing with Malia the ins and outs of middle school social life. I wonder if that's not harder than international relations some days.

Electrocell
09-05-2012, 02:04 AM
Wow fantastic speech. Well she and Barack have got my vote. Hopefully she will run for President after his next 4 yrs is up.

bkisbutchenuff
09-05-2012, 02:41 AM

"If farmers and blacksmiths could win independence from an empire … if immigrants could leave behind everything they knew for a better life on our shores…if women could be dragged to jail for seeking the vote…if a generation could defeat a depression, and define greatness for all time … if a young preacher could lift us to the mountaintop with his righteous dream … and if proud Americans can be who they are and boldly stand at the altar with who they love…then surely, surely we can give everyone in this country a fair chance at that great American Dream."

Strappie - Right on it! Michelle ROCKS! Her speech is a testament as to why we are America...I am proud that she is my/our first lady and that he is my/our President!

4 MORE YEARS!

spritzerJ
09-05-2012, 04:24 AM
Her speech was beautifully crafted and she presents with such grace and intelligence. I adore how she posses the big questions of equality so eloquently, so easy to imagine.
sigh... (f)

firegal
09-05-2012, 08:08 AM
I am a huge fan...My "firefighters for obama" sign is in my yard and my family has them too!

Bleu
09-05-2012, 09:08 AM
I'm just loving the idea of Barack at dinnertime strategizing with Malia the ins and outs of middle school social life. I wonder if that's not harder than international relations some days.

Great thought, Martina. I would imagine the similarities are astounding. Bullies and allies are bullies and allies...no matter the situation room (home room, cafeteria room, war room).

tonaderspeisung
09-05-2012, 05:16 PM
the first lady performed brilliantly

i though her delivery was flawless - she really projected the right emotions with the words she was saying

i'm betting the strategists in charge couldn't be happier

perfectly played contrast to ann romney

Bella~Vita
09-05-2012, 05:29 PM

Strappie I'm with you. I was so moved I cried. He has my vote! Thanks for the thread you rock:koolaid:

Leigh
09-05-2012, 05:58 PM
I may not be American but I adore Michelle too :)

laruss
09-05-2012, 06:26 PM
I am not American either and I have to say that our culture here in Canada is to not really respect American politics. But I have recently been paying attention to your politics and last night I watched Michelle Obama's speech and really was moved by what she had to say. I in turn watched most (got bored) or Ann Romney's and she definitely did not have the same affect.

There is no perfect politician, I think like everything, that everyone will have their own perceptions about any one person and what they say. But, I am quite impressed my Barrack Obama and his wife Michelle. He was put in a very difficult position after Bush led the country into the economic abyss, and I personally think he has done remarkably well considering. But again, this is me looking from the outside in.

But, Michelle rocked it.

And... I watched Clint Eastwood's speech, I think he agreed to do it to help the Democrats because he made the Republicans look even stupider in my opinion.

Martina
09-15-2012, 05:34 PM
http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc6/10498_467153419973252_1419131019_n.jpg

Toughy
09-15-2012, 10:31 PM
http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc6/10498_467153419973252_1419131019_n.jpg

oh noooooooooooooooo bill

sex in the white house between a married couple.............

y'all do see the sex between them doncha????

I would love to watch them fight for the top....................

CherylNYC
09-15-2012, 10:46 PM

This is an incredibly cool photo. It's as slick and sexy as any Madison Avenue ad campaign. If I didn't know who they were I would think it was an ad for a product that relies on a sizzling woman to sell a fantasy, (liquor, jewelry, etc.). She's such a smart, strong, beautiful woman! And, yes. Her look telegraphs frank sexuality. Her husband's gaze encircles her with obvious desire.

bcelly1894
09-17-2012, 12:24 AM
Michelle Obama is such a wonderful First Lady and role model, especially for young black girls. From speaking about eating fruits and vegatables with Elmo on sesame street, Speaking at a Democratic Convention, Encouraging kids to eat healthy and exercise, To recruiting Restaurant Impossible's Robert Irvine to renovate an Inner City Kids Community Center, so that the kids can eat and live healthier lives.
Michelle Obama exudes elegance, sophistication and loveliness, and strength in helping all kids in this country.

Martina
09-18-2012, 09:44 PM
Believe it or not, this was on Jimmy Carter IV's Facebook page. I was looking him up after reading the huffpo article about him unearthing the video in which Romney says we are all victims. (Hey, Romney, I pay taxes AND vote for Obama!)

Anyway, he's Jimmy Carter's grandson and was unemployed until this. Apparently he's gotten some job offers out of it. And a note from his granddad basically high fiving him. lol.

Anyway, she was awfully cute. Had to post.

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/376519_2979162056549_1154244152_n.jpg